Blu-ray Discussion Thread - The One and Only

I wish they would release Charmed seasons 1-8 on BluRay. :( Hopefully with some good extra features and subtitles which the DVDs did not have. Paramount DVDs suck.

Also,Widescreen. I have been watching it on TNT HD and its great.

j8mpug.jpg

[quote name='Persona7']I wish they would release Charmed seasons 1-8 on BluRay. :( Hopefully with some good extra features and subtitles which the DVDs did not have. Paramount DVDs suck.

Also,Widescreen. I have been watching it on TNT HD and its great.

[/quote]

I still dont get why they dont include artwork on their blu-ray discs.. :(

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Seth Macfarlane's Cartoon Cavalcade was delayed until May 12 according to Amazon.. no idea why.[/quote]

Geez... I'm sorry I even bothered to downloaded it.

Edit: Kinda makes me wonder how Family Guy ever got this far much less American Dad... christ.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Persona7']I wish they would release Charmed seasons 1-8 on BluRay. :( Hopefully with some good extra features and subtitles which the DVDs did not have. Paramount DVDs suck.

Also,Widescreen. I have been watching it on TNT HD and its great.[/QUOTE]

Why do I got a feeling that TNT's broadcast is 4x3 stretchmode...

[quote name='VipFREAK']Geez... I'm sorry I even bothered to downloaded it.

Edit: Kinda makes me wonder how Family Guy ever got this far much less American Dad... christ.[/quote]

Is it that bad? I know its only like 50 minutes long.. the promo before NOTORIOUS made it look somewhat entertaining..

oh... hmm... I thought you were being sarcastic about not knowing why it was "delayed". Trust me... you don't want to waste your time. SERIOUSLY. I'd feel bad for anyone that buys this then again... if they had seen it first THEN bought it I'd laugh my arse off.

[quote name='VipFREAK']oh... hmm... I thought you were being sarcastic about not knowing why it was "delayed". Trust me... you don't want to waste your time. SERIOUSLY. I'd feel bad for anyone that buys this then again... if they had seen it first THEN bought it I'd laugh my arse off.[/quote]

No I really didnt know lol. I was waiting for phantom to pop in and say why it was, since I rarely get any news as to things being delayed.

Good to know.. itll be a quick 50 minutes... hopefully..

[quote name='VipFREAK']Oh... sorry? didn't wanna have you feel like this. lol

[/quote]

No, i felt that way after watching Notorious. Man, what a shocker ending that film had *Rolls eyes*

I was totally going to rent Notorious, but then I heard he got
shot
at the end and it totally ruined it for me.

Ha, someone texted me that months ago.. I still laugh at my initial reaction to the text. It was so random at the time.

Sorry, my sarcasm filter is off today--are guys serious about not knowing the end of Notorious?
It's a biopic!
:lol:

[quote name='Scorch']I was totally going to rent Notorious, but then I heard he got
shot
at the end and it totally ruined it for me.

Ha, someone texted me that months ago.. I still laugh at my initial reaction to the text. It was so random at the time.[/quote]

I actually clicked on the spoiler tag too.. im going to bed.. but that did make me LOL

[quote name='Scorch']and ffs, it's The Wrestler coming out this week, not "Wrestling"[/quote]

it was a joke..

I had to change it from X-Men, Wrestling, and Cartoons!

like a joke.. X-men.. some wrestling.. and cartoons!

But my word limit is really low :(

you know it!

picked up the x-men trilogy today.. it was a bitch trying to find it. everyone only had the single disc releases. x-men 1's sound is amazing

[quote name='Scorch']you know it!

picked up the x-men trilogy today.. it was a bitch trying to find it. everyone only had the single disc releases. x-men 1's sound is amazing[/quote]

Really? For me, it was harder to find the single releases while they had tons of the trilogy sets.

I went ahead and linked some of the reviews for upcoming movies on the main page.

As I see more reviews pop up on other sites Ill link them there as well.

I made two inquiries about doing this, and never heard back about either. So if Im not allowed to do it then ill unlink them...

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']I went ahead and linked some of the reviews for upcoming movies on the main page.

As I see more reviews pop up on other sites Ill link them there as well.
[/QUOTE]

Nice.:applause:

Hey guys,

I updated today since Im not gonna be around odds are tomorrow. Enjoy.

FYI The Uninvited had great audio and video (at least the DVD did) but its a freaking awful movie with crappy special features.. so yeah.

Man, I just got done watching ABOVE THE LAW, with steven segal.

Horrible ass picture and audio, but I swear that guy had the best lines ever.

He's holding up like 5 guys with a pistol on the street.

"You can't kill us all mr badass" says one of the mobsters

Segal shoots him and says "You're right, but I get an A for effort"

I freaking lol'd for like ten minutes. Freaking classics.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']These titles are dumb...Gizmo are you going to take over the thread again anytime soon?[/quote]

....wow if u want it take it then.

All i tried to do was make it interesting and draw more people to the thread.

BUt its always great to wake up to a post like this from a mod. Always great.

Last edited by a moderator:
The titles aren't a big deal. There haven't been any AAA titles to speak of for the last couple of weeks and I2D was just taking a little creative license. It's nothing to get worked up about.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']....wow if u want it take it then.

All i tried to do was make it interesting and draw more people to the thread.

BUt its always great to wake up to a post like this from a mod. Always great.[/quote]

How is it interesting and drawing more people in when you're not listing any titles?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']How is it interesting and drawing more people in when you're not listing any titles?[/quote]

Emo's = S.Darko
Marriage = Bride Wars

?? Two people just said it was interesting and fun... how is it not?

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Emo's = S.Darko
Marriage = Bride Wars

?? Two people just said it was interesting and fun... how is it not?[/quote]

Not trying to bust your balls or anything because I appreciate your making an effort to contribute on this site - I just don't understand what is gained by putting 'clues' up instead of the title of the movie. It surely doesn't inspire traffic or discussion within the thread...

That said you left off the title the two Blu-Rays I'm actually picking up this coming week:
Star Trek The Original Series Season 1
The Da Vinci Code Extended Edition

Who the fuck gives a flying fuck about titles? If you see a different title, check the OP for the update. Alternatively, if Left2Dragon gets burnt out on trying to be creative, then he can go back to listing titles.

Jesus.

I just finished watching Scorch's Negativity. It started out funny but after the first 15 or so minutes it started to get old. However the scene where Scorch explained his addiction to correcting grammer on message forums then watching him cuss at his monitor repeatedly while doing said correcting certainly made up for all of that. Nice PQ quality and the DTS MA 7.1 track sounds nice too. The best thing about the Blu-Ray is the extras. Especially the commentary track with Scorch himself ripping the film apart since the filmmakers didn't depict him as well as he liked.

Overall worth a rental at least.

[quote name='Demolition Man']The best thing about the Blu-Ray is the extras. Especially the commentary track with Scorch himself ripping the film apart since the filmmakers didn't depict him as well as he liked.[/quote]

I thought you reply was fucking retarded until this part.. solid gold! :applause:

bread's done
Back