Blu-Ray/DVD Coupons and Rebates 2010-11. Now Wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animal7390

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blu-Ray/DVD Coupons and Rebates Thread

[SIZE=+2] WE DO NOT HAVE PDFS OF THE COUPON PRINTING COUPONS, THE COUPONS ARE INDIVIDUALLY NUMBERED[/SIZE]

Please keep trade and other off topic chatter to a minimum. It is healthy and unless it gets out of hand or really off topic or in a direction that is heading towards fraud or illegal actions, please do not worry.

The Disney Movie Rewards site has changed, the coupon printing is now associated with your account, printing 2 times per account is now the limit, as well as per computer. This was tested at the end of the Toy Story craze a while back. If you know someone else with an account, see if you can have them print their extra coupons if you need them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Coupon Websites

Disney Movie Rewards: (most popular)
Need to login to access coupons; also requires Coupon Printer program (prompts you for download upon accessing coupon)

Coupons.com:
Entertainment or Home Entertainment (left side of the page) – No login required.

Red Plum:
Coupons occasionally pop up here

Active and Available Coupons

DMR
Treasure Buddies - 2/5
Lady and the Tramp - 2/19

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Expired Deals]

URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293811"]$8 off Dumbo BD pre-order from Amazon[/URL]

DMR
$5 off any ...
Tinker Bell Blu-ray Combo Pack
Spooky Buddies
Dumbo​

Coupons.com this week...
BluRay $2 off

Thomas: Day of the Diesels
Barney Big World Adventure
DVD $6 off
Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension
Year of a Million Moments

BluRay $3 off

Marmaduke
Juno
There’s Something About Mary
Mrs. Doubtfire
Wall Street
Edward Scissorhands
The Devil Wears Prada
Cyrus
Cast Away
Horton Hears a Who!​
$3 off Rio Blu or DVD
$5 off the Fox and the hound 2-movie pack BD Pre-order
(also listed in above thread)
$5 off The Fox and the Hound Blu-Ray/DVD DMR
$5 off Mars Needs Moms Blu-Ray/DVD DMR
$3 off the following Blu-Ray's or DVDs:Ice Age
Ice Age (2) The Meltdown
Ice Age (3) Dawn of the Dinosaurs
Horton Hears a Who

BJs Wholesale has quite a few coupons available. Coupons are only available in store and through a mailing. With the permission of the mods, I can post pictures. Pictures will only work on self checkout. Can combine manufacturers and store coups.
$10 off:
A-Team - ?
Despicable Me - $12.99 ac
Knight and Day - 14.99 ac

$5 off Shrek 4 blu

$5 off any blu/dvd combo pack, ymmv on combining both but it at least works on all blu/dvd combos so Fargo and species type combos are 4.99 after coupon.

$8 off Coupon for Twilght
www.redplum.com

$8 Mater’s Tall Tales
check your email
Expires 12/18

$10 off Toy Story 3
check your email
Expires 12/18

$5 off dvd or dvd holiday pack.
www.shreksavings.com or coupons.com

$5 off Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue BR/DVD combo
*Offer good in the U.S., its territories and Canada. Coupon expires 1/24/11. Coupon available through 1/23/11. Limit two printed coupons per computer. Void where prohibited. While supplies last. See coupon for complete details.

Disney Magical Savings

$6 off Starstruck

iconamazon.gif
Amazon.com Coupon codes:
Enter code RANGO5GO at checkout and save on Rango on DVD or Two Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy. ($14.99 after coupon 7/6)

$5 off printable Rango coupon available http://www.rangocoupon.com/

iconbestbuy.gif
$5 off any Blu-ray or DVD $14.99 and up at Best Buy stores valid through July 31, 2011
(not available/valid for online or for in-store pick-up). Coupon indicates it's restricted to regular priced items only, however it automatically works at the register on sale/discounted items, but as always YMMV on that.

$19.99 for Iron Man: Extremis and Spider Woman: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. on Blu-Ray (Coupon is only good for June 17 & 18 and only valid at Best Buy!)[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

Last edited by a moderator:
I just canceled my pre-order of Fantasia from Amazon, since the only way to get $10 off the purchase was to do it with Sorceror's Apprentice, and I'd be surprised if we didn't get one for that title as well.

Best Buy has Fantasia 2-pack for $31.99 right now, so $21.99 after the coupon + tax.

I've got $5 down on a pre-order of TS3 at TRU. Is going to pick that up using the $8 coupon from Disney my best bet?

[quote name='Tybee']I've got $5 down on a pre-order of TS3 at TRU. Is going to pick that up using the $8 coupon from Disney my best bet?[/QUOTE]Assuming no other coupons or the like and TRU keeps it at $34.99, then no. $34.99 - $5 - $8 = $23.99.

Best Buy has it in their ad for $24.99, so you'd be at $16.99 AC.

I think I suck at math but I just bought TS3 Combo Pack for $19 overall. So that's $24.99 - $8 = $16.99 + tax is $19? Is this correct?

[quote name='E_Man']I think I suck at math but I just bought TS3 Combo Pack for $19 overall. So that's $24.99 - $8 = $16.99 + tax is $19? Is this correct?[/QUOTE]
Impossible to figure out without your tax rate but its probably right as tax would be off total purchase price before coupon I believe.

[quote name='E_Man']I think I suck at math but I just bought TS3 Combo Pack for $19 overall. So that's $24.99 - $8 = $16.99 + tax is $19? Is this correct?[/QUOTE]Tax may be on the pre-coupon amount. Some vendors charge tax pre-tax while others charge it post-tax.

[quote name='shrike4242']Assuming no other coupons or the like and TRU keeps it at $34.99, then no. $34.99 - $5 - $8 = $23.99.

Best Buy has it in their ad for $24.99, so you'd be at $16.99 AC.[/QUOTE]

Assuming I go with BB, how do I handle the preorder at TRU? I did the preorder with my B&tB purchase. Should I go ahead and pick it up, THEN do a return, or cancel my preorder? Just don't want to get into a situation where they want money back that I saved in the B&tB deal due to the preorder.

[quote name='Tybee']Assuming I go with BB, how do I handle the preorder at TRU? I did the preorder with my B&tB purchase. Should I go ahead and pick it up, THEN do a return, or cancel my preorder? Just don't want to get into a situation where they want money back that I saved in the B&tB deal due to the preorder.[/QUOTE]All the regulars that "use" those preorders can speak for how best to handle it, though I think there should be no issues with canceling the pre-order without picking it up.

[quote name='shrike4242']All the regulars that "use" those preorders can speak for how best to handle it, though I think there should be no issues with canceling the pre-order without picking it up.[/QUOTE]

I was 100% planning on picking up my 1 copy from TRU - but the hell with paying an extra $10 for the privilege of buying it from them. I'll stop by BB tonight and then cancel my preorder.

And once again amazon fails to deliver my blu ray on release day even though I have prime, same thing happened with Beauty this is getting to be ridiculous.

[quote name='token2k6']^^yeah, someone verified in the TRU thread that the price is definitely $34.99 or .95..[/QUOTE]
Lol, who do they think they're fooling with MSRP? Best Buy is your best bet since it's $24.99 and we'll know Friday if the 30% coupon will work or not in conjunction with the $8 manufacturer coupon. Either way, it's still the best deal since you can at least get it for $16.99 max and some RZ points.

[quote name='blissskr']And once again amazon fails to deliver my blu ray on release day even though I have prime, same thing happened with Beauty this is getting to be ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

If yours was shipped USPS, I think it's more them than Amazon. TS3 (for me at least) was shipped last Friday. USPS delivered it to me yesterday, a day early. I'm not quite sure why Amazon elected to send it USPS over UPS, but oh the well.

[quote name='UberSwiss']If yours was shipped USPS, I think it's more them than Amazon. TS3 (for me at least) was shipped last Friday. USPS delivered it to me yesterday, a day early. I'm not quite sure why Amazon elected to send it USPS over UPS, but oh the well.[/QUOTE]
No it was shipped ups same as beauty was, amazon blamed it on 'bombs in the mail' slowing packages when the package was shipped from a warehouse a half hour from where I live but they did give me 2-$10 credits one for beauty and one for ts3. I ordered Advent children yesterday at like noon and it arrived today shipped from the same warehouse in less than a day so I don't know what ups deal is with new releases when shipped from that warehouse.

Wasnt sure where to post this but anyways. Went to Target to get Toy Story 3 and all of there copies of the combo pack were missing the cardboard sleeve. So after debating some I decided to try to get the 2 Disc BluRay with the $8 coupon. (These had the cardboard sleeves on) When I went to the register even thought the shelf said $22.99 it came up $19.99 and the cashier took the $8 off coupon.

Disney has a $10 upgrade coupon for previous owners of Fanatia or Fantasia 2000. You do need a Disney Rewards account and the UPC numbers from a copy of the movies on dvd, vhs, or laserdisc (I'm pretty sure you all can find those numbers :) )

Log onto the Disneymovierewards.com and enter the UPC numbers into the magic code box and you will get your coupon. You don't have to send anything in anymore.

Coupon is good for $10 off Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 blu-ray combo pack. Movie releases on 11/30/2010 coupon good until 12/4/2010.

[quote name='Tybee']Assuming I go with BB, how do I handle the preorder at TRU? I did the preorder with my B&tB purchase. Should I go ahead and pick it up, THEN do a return, or cancel my preorder? Just don't want to get into a situation where they want money back that I saved in the B&tB deal due to the preorder.[/QUOTE]

This is really YMMV as the TRU near my work, where I made all my preorders, absolutely refuses returns on preorders. I have yet to try buying the movie and then returning it for fear that I'll lose 60 dollars instead of the 10 for not picking the preorders up. Anyone have any experience with this?

I returned my preorders for a full cash refund at my Toys R Us without a problem. Just took the receipts and the preorder cards to customer service and the lady took them back without even asking a question.

The only problem I've seen is at one Target, they smooshed the 4 disc combo packs into cases that are way too tight/small for them, and the outer cardboard sheath is gettings ripped/crushed.

Now while the coupon is supposed to be good for only the 4 disc combo pack, it rings up fine with all versions of Toy Story 3 as well as the ultimate toybox set. The "Target exclusive" 4 disc Buzz Lightyear version is $32.99 before coupon, the 4 disc combo is $24.99, the 2 disc blu is $19.99, and the DVD alone is $15.99

Forgot what the ultimate toybox cost is pre-coupon, but it wasn't on sale. $79.99 IIRC.

[quote name='karkyco']I returned my preorders for a full cash refund at my Toys R Us without a problem. Just took the receipts and the preorder cards to customer service and the lady took them back without even asking a question.[/QUOTE]
I envy your TRU. I'd still shop with them if I didn't have to deal with the fucktards at mine.

Each TRU is different according to which CSR you end up with. Your best bet is to try to do it on weekends when it's more hectic and there will be more "seasonal help" working the service desk. If you visit your store often enough, you can probably tell who the newbies are.

Another tip is if you used a rewards card with the pre order, use that and not your receipt for the refund. This way, they can't tell what your original purchase was.

[quote name='karkyco']

Now while the coupon is supposed to be good for only the 4 disc combo pack, it rings up fine with all versions of Toy Story 3 as well as the ultimate toybox set. The "Target exclusive" 4 disc Buzz Lightyear version is $32.99 before coupon, the 4 disc combo is $24.99, the 2 disc blu is $19.99, and the DVD alone is $15.99[/QUOTE]
Is this only at Target that this will work? Has anyone else tried getting just the 2 disc anywhere else with the coupon?

I got the 2 disc w/ coupon at Best Buy this morning. The cashier just did his thing and I got $8 off, don't know if he overrode it or anything.

Just wanted to say thanks for the suggestion to return the TRU preorder using the RewardsR'Us card instead of the receipts. My TRU that never accepts returns on these, took it just fine when I did it that way.

It seems the manufacturer's coupon ($8 off Toy Story 3 4-disc combo pack) works on ALL versions of Toy Story 3 including the Ultimate Toy Box Collector's set, as long as the CSR scans it - at least at Target and Best Buy. I'm guessing it's just the way the coupon and the point of sale scanner reads the coupon, but scanning the coupon either takes $8 off the total no matter what has been rung up, or it simply works on (at the very least) TS3 4 disc combo, TS3 2 disc combo, TS3 DVD, TS3 Buzz "Target Exclusive" 4 disc combo, and the Toy Story 10 disc "Ultimate Toy Box" set.

BTW I'm not sure how the hell this happened, but after work I ended up getting a 10 disc Ultimate Toy Box set (all 3 movies on blu ray, dvd, and digital copy plus the TS3 bonus disc) for
$9.59 total :hot::hot::drool::hot::hot:. It scanned at $15.99 before coupon and the cashier scanned the TS3 coupon dropping it below $10. My jaw almost dropped to the floor but I caught myself, just paid grabbed the receipt and took it...not sure though what the hell happened.

Where did you go to get this deal? And that's awesome, I can't believe it scanned for that much. Must have been some freak glitch or something.

[quote name='prim4444']
Another tip is if you used a rewards card with the pre order, use that and not your receipt for the refund. This way, they can't tell what your original purchase was.[/QUOTE]

Do you need to bring the preorder card back when using the R Rewards card?

[quote name='karkyco']BTW I'm not sure how the hell this happened, but after work I ended up getting a 10 disc Ultimate Toy Box set (all 3 movies on blu ray, dvd, and digital copy plus the TS3 bonus disc) for
$9.59 total :hot::hot::drool::hot::hot:. It scanned at $15.99 before coupon and the cashier scanned the TS3 coupon dropping it below $10. My jaw almost dropped to the floor but I caught myself, just paid grabbed the receipt and took it...not sure though what the hell happened.
[/QUOTE]
WTF? Was there a misprinted UPC over the normal barcode on the back? It's entirely possible these are being slapped with incorrect stickers or it's wrong in the system. Anyone else able to try this today and report back? I'd run over on lunch for this lol.[quote name='jling84']Just wanted to say thanks for the suggestion to return the TRU preorder using the RewardsR'Us card instead of the receipts. My TRU that never accepts returns on these, took it just fine when I did it that way.[/QUOTE]How exactly does this work? Do you guys mean have them look up the transaction via rewards card without a receipt? If that's the case and you can get a cash refund then that will be good info for the future.

All who PM'ed me about where this happened, it was at Target. And Judou, I figured out yes that's exactly what happened. There was only that one boxed set at that Target, but I went to another one last night, scanned the boxed sets at the self scanner and they all rang up $74.99.

I bought one just to see if there was some difference between it and the other one, and found that there was indeed a UPC sticker on top of the actual UPC on the one that rang up for $15.99 - I'm guessing it's a UPC sticker for the 1 disc DVD version since this UPC sticker just says "Toy Story 3 DVD". I just returned the regular priced one...someone at Target or Disney must have fucked up and put the wrong sticker on it, so extreme YMMV.

[quote name='karkyco']All who PM'ed me about where this happened, it was at Target. And Judou, I figured out yes that's exactly what happened. There was only that one boxed set at that Target, but I went to another one last night, scanned the boxed sets at the self scanner and they all rang up $74.99.

I bought one just to see if there was some difference between it and the other one, and found that there was indeed a UPC sticker on top of the actual UPC on the one that rang up for $15.99 - I'm guessing it's a UPC sticker for the 1 disc DVD version since this UPC sticker just says "Toy Story 3 DVD". I just returned the regular priced one...someone at Target or Disney must have fucked up and put the wrong sticker on it, so extreme YMMV.[/QUOTE]

That must be the deal of the year for a Disney flick! You are truly lucky. I was really hoping that this wasn't an extreme YMMV deal, but that was truly wishful thinking. Thanks for the response, karkyco!

I had a few TS3 pre-orders from TRU, which I returned recently because $34.99 is just too much to pay for it. Using the $8 DMR coupon, I picked up TS3 along with the plushie set at BB last night.

[quote name='karkyco']All who PM'ed me about where this happened, it was at Target. And Judou, I figured out yes that's exactly what happened. There was only that one boxed set at that Target, but I went to another one last night, scanned the boxed sets at the self scanner and they all rang up $74.99.

I bought one just to see if there was some difference between it and the other one, and found that there was indeed a UPC sticker on top of the actual UPC on the one that rang up for $15.99 - I'm guessing it's a UPC sticker for the 1 disc DVD version since this UPC sticker just says "Toy Story 3 DVD". I just returned the regular priced one...someone at Target or Disney must have fucked up and put the wrong sticker on it, so extreme YMMV.[/QUOTE]
Well shit, I'll check my store tonight to see if I can't find one of these fabled sets. Already have the first two movies, so I'm sure I could recoup the $8 lol.

[quote name='Jodou']How exactly does this work? Do you guys mean have them look up the transaction via rewards card without a receipt? If that's the case and you can get a cash refund then that will be good info for the future.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd be curious about this as well. Do you just say you have a preorder but no receipt and then give them your TRU card?

[quote name='manthing']Do you need to bring the preorder card back when using the R Rewards card?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they will need to scan the pre order card in order to process the refund.

[quote name='Jodou']How exactly does this work? Do you guys mean have them look up the transaction via rewards card without a receipt? If that's the case and you can get a cash refund then that will be good info for the future.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the rewards card is scanned just like a normal receipt would be. All normal return policies still apply as normal, your refund will be back in the form you originally paid.

It was probably a mistake by Disney. My TRU received some of the Toy Story 3 DVD that had Best Buy prices on them.

No dice on the toy chest at my Target; none of them had the 2-disc UPC sticker on the bottom, so this is extremely YMMV. Even if you do happen to find one, you still have to get past the cashier. Might be wise to purchase something else of high cost, then immediately return it on your way out as to not draw suspicion.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']anyone have trouble using the $8 coupon at walmart? im about to go there in an hour or so...[/QUOTE]

blackwaltz, I used it yesterday at walmart with no problems...

I had them mail me the TS3 coupon because I couldn't get it to print. It came in today, and says it expires 11/21/2010.

[quote name='ratchet9']Anyone know if there are any coupons for the DVD only version of TS3?[/QUOTE]
None that I'm aware of. The closest thing I can find is a deal at Kroger in my area (central Arkansas) where you get a $6-off coupon for TS3 on DVD or combo pack *IF* you buy it with a 10-pack of Capri Sun *AND* a 5-pack of Kraft mac & cheese. Might be good if you have kids who drink juice and eat mac & cheese all the time, but not for most of us.

Picked up TS3 BD + DVD + Digital Copy at target yesterday for $15.xx. Used the $8 coupon + 10% discount card + 5% target card discount + $0.05 reusable bag discount.

Altogether the receipt said I saved over $19.xx dollars! woot!

I picked up TS3 and Cars Toons yesterday from TRU. I'm not sure what happened or if I got a good deal. TS3 was ringing up as $35 and Cars was ringing up as $25. I preordered TS3 so I had a $10 off coupon on my next Disney purchase plus the $8 coupon on TS3 that everyone had. For some reason I thought that TS3 was on sale this week for $25 and when I told the cashier he did a manual adjustment no questions asked bringing the cost down to $25 for TS3. Then I paid $37+tax for the two movies AND I got a $10 TRU gift card on top of that. I actually wanted the $10 gift card to go towards Cars but whatever, with Christmas coming up it's not like I won't be back to TRU. So at the end of the day I got both for about $27+ tax (if you factor in the gift card).

Seems good to me but now I'm thinking the manual adjustment was pure luck on my part because the TRU website is showing TS3 as $35 (which is insane since Target is selling it for $25).

This thread has let me down...

TRU has a free clock (14.99 MSRP) as well as a free popcorn tin (9.99 MSRP), and the $10 GC if you spend $40 on disney blus /(DVDS?).

I haven't tried to work a deal out, but there is also the coupon book as well as a few printables for various titles.

I will have to find a tru with everything in stock to see what I can work out.

I saw that $10 GC for $40 in Disney Blu-rays deal. How long does it run? If TRU starts carrying the WOW disc, I might use it on that and maybe Fantasia/F2K. That would be a good stack with the $10 coupon from Disney.

Just FYI: I was able to "return" my TS3 preorder without a problem. I got a super nice TRU employee who was totally willing to do anything he could to help me out. Made me feel bad for being slightly dishonest with him (When I told him I lost the initial receipt, he asked if there had been anything else on it and I said "No.") Using my phone number didn't pull up my TRU Rewards card, but he was able to scan it off the CardStar app on my iPhone (which he said he also uses). But even after scanning that and the preorder card a dozen times and hitting a bunch of different keys, couldn't get it to work. Finally, he explained what he was trying to do to a manager who had wandered over with another customer and she had him try it in a different order, whereupon it worked and I got $5 cash back.

[quote name='javeryh']I told them to keep the clock.[/QUOTE]

You should have thrown it through their window so you could see time fly...

...as you sit in jail on a vandalism charge.

[quote name='javeryh']I picked up TS3 and Cars Toons yesterday from TRU. I'm not sure what happened or if I got a good deal. TS3 was ringing up as $35 and Cars was ringing up as $25. I preordered TS3 so I had a $10 off coupon on my next Disney purchase plus the $8 coupon on TS3 that everyone had. For some reason I thought that TS3 was on sale this week for $25 and when I told the cashier he did a manual adjustment no questions asked bringing the cost down to $25 for TS3. Then I paid $37+tax for the two movies AND I got a $10 TRU gift card on top of that. I actually wanted the $10 gift card to go towards Cars but whatever, with Christmas coming up it's not like I won't be back to TRU. So at the end of the day I got both for about $27+ tax (if you factor in the gift card).

Seems good to me but now I'm thinking the manual adjustment was pure luck on my part because the TRU website is showing TS3 as $35 (which is insane since Target is selling it for $25).[/QUOTE]

I think you got real lucky with that manual adjustment. The 4 disc TS3 blu-ray/DVD combo is $34.99 at TRU. It is not on sale.

For Friday and Saturday only, you get $5 off for buying TS3 and Mater's Tall Tales blu-ray or DVD.

I did stop by TRU tonight to buy TS3 and Mater's Tall Tales on blu-ray using the $8 DMR coupon and a Magical Savings coupon for $3 off for buying Mater's Tall Tales + another Disney blu-ray or DVD. For $43.98 + tax, I got TS3 blu-ray, Mater's Tall Tales blu-ray, $10 GC and a free TS3 clock. Unfortunately, there were no TS3 popcorn tins available at the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back