Blu-Ray/DVD Coupons and Rebates 2010-11. Now Wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animal7390

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blu-Ray/DVD Coupons and Rebates Thread

[SIZE=+2] WE DO NOT HAVE PDFS OF THE COUPON PRINTING COUPONS, THE COUPONS ARE INDIVIDUALLY NUMBERED[/SIZE]

Please keep trade and other off topic chatter to a minimum. It is healthy and unless it gets out of hand or really off topic or in a direction that is heading towards fraud or illegal actions, please do not worry.

The Disney Movie Rewards site has changed, the coupon printing is now associated with your account, printing 2 times per account is now the limit, as well as per computer. This was tested at the end of the Toy Story craze a while back. If you know someone else with an account, see if you can have them print their extra coupons if you need them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Coupon Websites

Disney Movie Rewards: (most popular)
Need to login to access coupons; also requires Coupon Printer program (prompts you for download upon accessing coupon)

Coupons.com:
Entertainment or Home Entertainment (left side of the page) – No login required.

Red Plum:
Coupons occasionally pop up here

Active and Available Coupons

DMR
Treasure Buddies - 2/5
Lady and the Tramp - 2/19

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Expired Deals]

URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293811"]$8 off Dumbo BD pre-order from Amazon[/URL]

DMR
$5 off any ...
Tinker Bell Blu-ray Combo Pack
Spooky Buddies
Dumbo​

Coupons.com this week...
BluRay $2 off

Thomas: Day of the Diesels
Barney Big World Adventure
DVD $6 off
Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension
Year of a Million Moments

BluRay $3 off

Marmaduke
Juno
There’s Something About Mary
Mrs. Doubtfire
Wall Street
Edward Scissorhands
The Devil Wears Prada
Cyrus
Cast Away
Horton Hears a Who!​
$3 off Rio Blu or DVD
$5 off the Fox and the hound 2-movie pack BD Pre-order
(also listed in above thread)
$5 off The Fox and the Hound Blu-Ray/DVD DMR
$5 off Mars Needs Moms Blu-Ray/DVD DMR
$3 off the following Blu-Ray's or DVDs:Ice Age
Ice Age (2) The Meltdown
Ice Age (3) Dawn of the Dinosaurs
Horton Hears a Who

BJs Wholesale has quite a few coupons available. Coupons are only available in store and through a mailing. With the permission of the mods, I can post pictures. Pictures will only work on self checkout. Can combine manufacturers and store coups.
$10 off:
A-Team - ?
Despicable Me - $12.99 ac
Knight and Day - 14.99 ac

$5 off Shrek 4 blu

$5 off any blu/dvd combo pack, ymmv on combining both but it at least works on all blu/dvd combos so Fargo and species type combos are 4.99 after coupon.

$8 off Coupon for Twilght
www.redplum.com

$8 Mater’s Tall Tales
check your email
Expires 12/18

$10 off Toy Story 3
check your email
Expires 12/18

$5 off dvd or dvd holiday pack.
www.shreksavings.com or coupons.com

$5 off Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue BR/DVD combo
*Offer good in the U.S., its territories and Canada. Coupon expires 1/24/11. Coupon available through 1/23/11. Limit two printed coupons per computer. Void where prohibited. While supplies last. See coupon for complete details.

Disney Magical Savings

$6 off Starstruck

iconamazon.gif
Amazon.com Coupon codes:
Enter code RANGO5GO at checkout and save on Rango on DVD or Two Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy. ($14.99 after coupon 7/6)

$5 off printable Rango coupon available http://www.rangocoupon.com/

iconbestbuy.gif
$5 off any Blu-ray or DVD $14.99 and up at Best Buy stores valid through July 31, 2011
(not available/valid for online or for in-store pick-up). Coupon indicates it's restricted to regular priced items only, however it automatically works at the register on sale/discounted items, but as always YMMV on that.

$19.99 for Iron Man: Extremis and Spider Woman: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. on Blu-Ray (Coupon is only good for June 17 & 18 and only valid at Best Buy!)[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Tron Legacy 3D And Tron Classic with $8 off, $5 DMR, another $5 DMR, $5 Bunny Munny, and $2.11 Redcard discount Total out the door was $19.87!!! yEPPEY:lol:

[quote name='Tybee']And I liked Legacy more than most, but I think a lot of that had to do with its very effective use of IMAX 3D....and Daft Punk.[/QUOTE]
What's awesome is they really weren't out of place in the movie; they fit right in at Rinzler's Bar. Tron was like watching one of their sets live, but in movie format lol.

[quote name='Animal7390']huh?[/QUOTE]He had a clueless/dumb cashier that let him use two DMR coupons when he shouldn't have.

The register will let you two manufacturer coupons and two Target coupons with two items in a transaction, though his cashier obviously didn't read the coupon and just scanned blindly both UPCs.

Don't expect it to happen for someone else.

I can confirm from looking at my receipt last night that the DMR coupon will apply to Tron Classic, so YMMV but it's entirely possible to use two $5 DMR in one sale. I only used one because I forgot to bring both and it automatically applied to the wrong one lol.

So next up on April 12 is The Incredibles (4-disc; blu-ray/extras/DVD/digital copy) AND Cars (2 disc; blu-ray/DVD). Anyone picking up BOTH?

According to THIS article, The Incredibles will have a $10 coupon for upgrading your DVD and each blu-ray will include $8.50 worth of movie cash to go see CARS 2.

I'm definitely getting both because we plan to take the kids to Cars 2 this summer.

Nice find, Javery.

If it's $10 off The Incredibles, plus $8.50 movie cash for Cars 2, then it's a win-win. I can't see it being hard to find it for $26.99 or $27.99 on release week from Target, so if it's $16.99 AC + tax with $8.50 of movie cash, then that'll work for me. If Best Buy releases it at $24.99 from their website pricing, then it's even better.

So much for an Amazon pre-order, even though I'm sure it'll come with movie cash from them as well.

We'll know in a couple of weeks of the release pricing, it'll be enough time to figure it out.

BTW, UPC's for both versions:
786936244250 (widescreen)
786936279979 (pan & scan)

yeah - the movie cash is awesome. They did this last year with Toy Story 1 and 2 and we ended up seeing TS3 in the theater for like $7 total (4 of us) for a matinee. Cars 2 is a definite - the kids are already talking about it so getting the blu-rays is a no-brainer for me.

SD has the info now: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?p=38686251#post38686251

Apparently you can get it at Target AC for $17 but there is a $5 off coupon posted there so it will be $12 ACs. The $5 coupon looks shady though - you might be better off at Best Buy for $15 AC with no hassle.

Cars is also showing at Target to be $23 so you'd get it for $18 after the shady Target coupon.

So if the shady Target coupon works you can potentially get both for $30 (which comes with $17 worth of movie cash) bringing the total cost of each movie down to $6.50 if you take the movie cash into consideration.

Of course, Amazon has a $10 off promo if you buy The Incredibles ($30) + Cars ($20) together - if there was a way to get them to accept the Disney $10 off coupon on top of that you'd basically get both for $30 there too.

I did the same thing with TS1 and TS2 for the movie cash for TS3, so I know that movie cash is certainly a draw for the purchase of another title to get said movie cash.

The shady Target coupon is the Bunny Munny coupon that was mailed out to some Target customers, and SD being what they are, they scanned it and posted it. It should work, yes, on both titles, knocking $5 off each.

[quote name='Javery']yeah - the movie cash is awesome. They did this last year with Toy Story 1 and 2 and we ended up seeing TS3 in the theater for like $7 total (4 of us) for a matinee. Cars 2 is a definite - the kids are already talking about it so getting the blu-rays is a no-brainer for me.

SD has the info now: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?p=38686251#post38686251

Apparently you can get it at Target AC for $17 but there is a $5 off coupon posted there so it will be $12 ACs. The $5 coupon looks shady though - you might be better off at Best Buy for $15 AC with no hassle.

Cars is also showing at Target to be $23 so you'd get it for $18 after the shady Target coupon.

So if the shady Target coupon works you can potentially get both for $30 (which comes with $17 worth of movie cash) bringing the total cost of each movie down to $6.50 if you take the movie cash into consideration.

Of course, Amazon has a $10 off promo if you buy The Incredibles ($30) + Cars ($20) together - if there was a way to get them to accept the Disney $10 off coupon on top of that you'd basically get both for $30 there too.[/QUOTE]

That $5 Target coupon is a scan of the front of the coupon that was included in the Spring mailer. I know because I got one in the mail and used it on Tangled. The back has a scannable bar code. I definitely wouldn't use that.

[quote name='typical guy']That $5 Target coupon is a scan of the front of the coupon that was included in the Spring mailer. I know because I got one in the mail and used it on Tangled. The back has a scannable bar code. I definitely wouldn't use that.[/QUOTE]

If it is a legit, scannable coupon then why not? I'm not going to argue with the manager to get it to work but if the cashier just scans it then I'll take it.

Actually the pdf they have on SD is two pages-- scan of the front of the coupon on one, scan of the back on the other-- if someone managed to convince a cashier that a print of that was a legit coupon, I'd be shocked. Let's see-- print two pages, cut both out, tape or glue them together to look like they were never apart... sure that could be done (light sarcasm here).

[quote name='micmonmel']Actually the pdf they have on SD is two pages-- scan of the front of the coupon on one, scan of the back on the other-- if someone managed to convince a cashier that a print of that was a legit coupon, I'd be shocked. Let's see-- print two pages, cut both out, tape or glue them together to look like they were never apart... sure that could be done (light sarcasm here).[/QUOTE]

Or print it double sided. I'm sure cashiers either fall for it or don't care.

yeah, the double sided would work if it were lined up exactly-- didn't look like it to me. Good luck to any that try it though...

side note-- Incredibles upgrade coupon is printing now. Go to DMR, enter the UPC code, it will put the coupon in your unlocked offers list.

[quote name='micmonmel']yeah, the double sided would work if it were lined up exactly-- didn't look like it to me. Good luck to any that try it though...[/QUOTE]99% of everyone in the Tron thread used that coupon and it worked.

[quote name='typical guy']The Car's coupon is now printing.[/QUOTE]

What coupon and where? Link??

EDIT: NVM - found it HERE. It's $8 off!

So, $10 off for The Incredibles and $8 off for Cars - this is going to end up being a fantastic deal!

Cars is live - use UPC: 786936271898. I just printed mine.

So at Best Buy you can get The Incredibles for $25 - $10 DMR coupon - $8.50 movie cash (if you are factoring that in) and at Target you can get Cars for $23 - $8 DMR coupon - $8.50 movie cash (if you are factoring that in).

Total: $13 for BOTH (factoring in the movie cash) or $30 for BOTH without - still a great deal.

I'm somewhat hoping for another cross promotion from Target if you buy Cars and Incredibles together. Even though Cars is $8 off, I'm not really sold on buying the movie. It was just ok.

[quote name='Jodou']I'm somewhat hoping for another cross promotion from Target if you buy Cars and Incredibles together. Even though Cars is $8 off, I'm not really sold on buying the movie. It was just ok.[/QUOTE]

The Best Buy ad posted on SD HERE says you save $10 if you buy both together! So the deal there is:

$25 for Cars
$25 for The Incredibles
-$10 for buying both (Best Buy promotion)
-$10 DMR Incredibles coupon
-$8 DMR Cars coupon

Total: $22 for both blu-rays and they each come with a ticket for Cars 2 ($17 total value) so it's actually like $5 for both movies if you factor in the movie tickets. I already printed both coupons and I'm going to go to BB on Tuesday right when they open so they don't sell out. What an awesome deal.

I'd rather give my business to Target, though. Best Buy always hassles me about these things because they're too uptight and take their minimum wage job seriously.

[quote name='Jodou']I'd rather give my business to Target, though. Best Buy always hassles me about these things because they're too uptight and take their minimum wage job seriously.[/QUOTE]

Can't help you there.

so am i the only one that got the toys r us booklet with a coupon for $10 off in the mail? that's going to make the total for both at toys r us at 17.

[quote name='typical guy']so am i the only one that got the toys r us booklet with a coupon for $10 off in the mail? that's going to make the total for both at toys r us at 17.[/QUOTE]

I got it also. The problem with using it is the movies will cost $55.00 there for both of them. Than the automatic $10.00 off for buying both will kick in knocking the total down to $45.00 making the $10.00 off $50.00 coupon invalid unless you add something else over $5.00 to the purchase.

I used my Bunny Munny Target mailer coupon on Tangeld along with the DMR coupon. Oddly enough, the Disney coupon worked, but the Target system didn't want to take the Target coupon. The manager ended up forcing the coupon through, but I found the whole thing rather amusing.

[quote name='ajh2298']I got it also. The problem with using it is the movies will cost $55.00 there for both of them. Than the automatic $10.00 off for buying both will kick in knocking the total down to $45.00 making the $10.00 off $50.00 coupon invalid unless you add something else over $5.00 to the purchase.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if it still works this way but in the past it would have definitely worked. The reason is that the $10 discount for purchasing both is applied by the register at the very end of the transaction and your coupons are all applied at the beginning. So they scan both movies, all three coupons, hit total and it THEN subtracts the last 10 dollars and that one has nothing to do with the price.

Ok cool I was thinking the promo would kick in first since it was their own promo. I guess that means I will be picking it up there for sure than.

[quote name='M3wThr33']That's worst case now... I guess I might end up buying it twice, I guess.... free DMR points. YAY?[/QUOTE]

Just remember you can only earn DMR points for 1 copy of the movie. If you buy Cars on Blu-Ray twice and enter in both codes you only get points for the first one, not the second one.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Just remember you can only earn DMR points for 1 copy of the movie. If you buy Cars on Blu-Ray twice and enter in both codes you only get points for the first one, not the second one.[/QUOTE]

It's a different product. It's a COMBO pack. I got points for the 4-disc AND 5-disc copies of Tron:Legacy AND original Tron. All 3.

I bought the last Tron Legacy 3D and Original Classic @ Target. There was no slipcover for the 3D so I asked the clerk and they had like stack of 10 or so behind the drawer. BTW they took 2 $5 MFR Coupons but wouldn't accept $5 Bunny Munny. I paid $30.59 out to door. :D

[quote name='ajh2298']I got it also. The problem with using it is the movies will cost $55.00 there for both of them. Than the automatic $10.00 off for buying both will kick in knocking the total down to $45.00 making the $10.00 off $50.00 coupon invalid unless you add something else over $5.00 to the purchase.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='typical guy']I don't know if it still works this way but in the past it would have definitely worked. The reason is that the $10 discount for purchasing both is applied by the register at the very end of the transaction and your coupons are all applied at the beginning. So they scan both movies, all three coupons, hit total and it THEN subtracts the last 10 dollars and that one has nothing to do with the price.[/QUOTE]

There have been many changes to the way TRU accepts coupons now. Coupons are now applied after the sale prices are applied. ajh2298 is correct that the coupon will not work the way the register system is set up now.

[quote name='prim4444']There have been many changes to the way TRU accepts coupons now. Coupons are now applied after the sale prices are applied. ajh2298 is correct that the coupon will not work the way the register system is set up now.[/QUOTE]

The sale prices are 29.99 and 24.99, that's over $50 including the sale prices. So unless they count it after the special discount for buying both, it should be fine.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I bought the last Tron Legacy 3D and Original Classic @ Target. There was no slipcover for the 3D so I asked the clerk and they had like stack of 10 or so behind the drawer. BTW they took 2 $5 MFR Coupons but wouldn't accept $5 Bunny Munny. I paid $30.59 out to door. :D[/QUOTE]

KILL THOSE PEOPLE. It's the reason it's so hard to get the WDAC DVDs with a slipcover now.

So...Tron's over let's discuss Incredibles and Cars...it's $10 & $8 OFF!! woohoo
(the DMR upgrade coupon that is)

Save those bunny money coupons

I plan on going to Target to get Incredibles and cars. I have a family member that works there so I can use their employee discount. I am going to try to have them price match best buy on incredibles price at 24.99 (Targets ad shows them at $26.99). Will also try to price match the $10.00 off. The downside is thought that if they price match they will probably just make the movies $20 each and then I cant use the bunny money coupons.

[quote name='Javery']The Best Buy ad posted on SD HERE says you save $10 if you buy both together! So the deal there is:

$25 for Cars
$25 for The Incredibles
-$10 for buying both (Best Buy promotion)
-$10 DMR Incredibles coupon
-$8 DMR Cars coupon

Total: $22 for both blu-rays and they each come with a ticket for Cars 2 ($17 total value) so it's actually like $5 for both movies if you factor in the movie tickets. I already printed both coupons and I'm going to go to BB on Tuesday right when they open so they don't sell out. What an awesome deal.[/QUOTE]

I predict you will have a very hard time at most Best Buys getting them to give you the "buy both" deal AND accept both coupons. They'll often hassle you on coupons alone, much less trying to use them on top of a deal. But YMMV.

does anyone know of any good deals for the harry potter and the deathly hollows pt 1 on blu ray other than just the combo pack for 22.99 at bb?

My best buy is usually nottoo regarding on these kinds of things, I should be able to give it a shot tomorrow too, and will report success or failure

[quote name='ramiza']does anyone know of any good deals for the harry potter and the deathly hollows pt 1 on blu ray other than just the combo pack for 22.99 at bb?[/QUOTE]
the release is pretty vanilla if I recall correctly. I'm sure a deal will pop up when part 2 comes out, but not this release

[quote name='Tybee']I predict you will have a very hard time at most Best Buys getting them to give you the "buy both" deal AND accept both coupons. They'll often hassle you on coupons alone, much less trying to use them on top of a deal. But YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Maybe... but I bought Tangled there a few weeks ago and they had it listed for $30 but the website said $25. The cashier did a price adjustment plus I used the DMR coupon on top of that - no problems whatsoever.

I had to go to BB tonight... I asked the cashier about taking the coupons tomorrow on the Disney releases, he said they'd never had a problem at that store... so now I have to get out of the meeting with enough time to get to BB before they close tomorrow....

[quote name='Tybee']I predict you will have a very hard time at most Best Buys getting them to give you the "buy both" deal AND accept both coupons. They'll often hassle you on coupons alone, much less trying to use them on top of a deal. But YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Definitely YMMV, I have never had a problem at BB using 2 coupons. I did this for Toy Story last year and used both coupons for 1 and 2 plus their $10 off and got the 2 movie tickets to watch the movie. think it also came out to like $5 at the end (after movie tickets obviously). Great deal!

As expected, was shot down at both Best Buys I tried (and these were the ones that usually are cooperative with coupons). They'd let me use the coupons in separate transactions OR one transaction with the $10 off deal and use ONE of the coupons. But not both.

That being the case, I left Cars behind (not a huge fan of that one anyway) and just bought Incredibles with the coupon.

[quote name='Tybee']As expected, was shot down at both Best Buys I tried (and these were the ones that usually are cooperative with coupons). They'd let me use the coupons in separate transactions OR one transaction with the $10 off deal and use ONE of the coupons. But not both.

That being the case, I left Cars behind (not a huge fan of that one anyway) and just bought Incredibles with the coupon.[/QUOTE]

That stinks, I imagine I got lucky with my transaction. I honestly didn't expect it to work, but the cashier manually keyed the override for me without a second glance. This is actually the first time I've ever got BBy to do both-sides of a deal like this. (Usually I have to get a manager just to authorize the coupon alone, and sometimes I still get the "not valid on sales" argument).

I hope I didn't send you on a wild goose chase Tybee.

[quote name='Tybee']As expected, was shot down at both Best Buys I tried (and these were the ones that usually are cooperative with coupons). They'd let me use the coupons in separate transactions OR one transaction with the $10 off deal and use ONE of the coupons. But not both.

That being the case, I left Cars behind (not a huge fan of that one anyway) and just bought Incredibles with the coupon.[/QUOTE]

That sucks man. I was in and out in less than 5 minutes no questions asked. $24 after taxes and $7 if you factor in the Cars 2 tix!

Just got back from the Blaine, MN store with no hassles other than getting the last of each movie.
Total was just under $25 for Both Movies. I wonder why some stores are being a-holes?? Disney reimburses them for the $18.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back