Blu-Ray/DVD Coupons and Rebates 2010-11. Now Wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animal7390

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blu-Ray/DVD Coupons and Rebates Thread

[SIZE=+2] WE DO NOT HAVE PDFS OF THE COUPON PRINTING COUPONS, THE COUPONS ARE INDIVIDUALLY NUMBERED[/SIZE]

Please keep trade and other off topic chatter to a minimum. It is healthy and unless it gets out of hand or really off topic or in a direction that is heading towards fraud or illegal actions, please do not worry.

The Disney Movie Rewards site has changed, the coupon printing is now associated with your account, printing 2 times per account is now the limit, as well as per computer. This was tested at the end of the Toy Story craze a while back. If you know someone else with an account, see if you can have them print their extra coupons if you need them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Coupon Websites

Disney Movie Rewards: (most popular)
Need to login to access coupons; also requires Coupon Printer program (prompts you for download upon accessing coupon)

Coupons.com:
Entertainment or Home Entertainment (left side of the page) – No login required.

Red Plum:
Coupons occasionally pop up here

Active and Available Coupons

DMR
Treasure Buddies - 2/5
Lady and the Tramp - 2/19

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Expired Deals]

URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293811"]$8 off Dumbo BD pre-order from Amazon[/URL]

DMR
$5 off any ...
Tinker Bell Blu-ray Combo Pack
Spooky Buddies
Dumbo​

Coupons.com this week...
BluRay $2 off

Thomas: Day of the Diesels
Barney Big World Adventure
DVD $6 off
Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension
Year of a Million Moments

BluRay $3 off

Marmaduke
Juno
There’s Something About Mary
Mrs. Doubtfire
Wall Street
Edward Scissorhands
The Devil Wears Prada
Cyrus
Cast Away
Horton Hears a Who!​
$3 off Rio Blu or DVD
$5 off the Fox and the hound 2-movie pack BD Pre-order
(also listed in above thread)
$5 off The Fox and the Hound Blu-Ray/DVD DMR
$5 off Mars Needs Moms Blu-Ray/DVD DMR
$3 off the following Blu-Ray's or DVDs:Ice Age
Ice Age (2) The Meltdown
Ice Age (3) Dawn of the Dinosaurs
Horton Hears a Who

BJs Wholesale has quite a few coupons available. Coupons are only available in store and through a mailing. With the permission of the mods, I can post pictures. Pictures will only work on self checkout. Can combine manufacturers and store coups.
$10 off:
A-Team - ?
Despicable Me - $12.99 ac
Knight and Day - 14.99 ac

$5 off Shrek 4 blu

$5 off any blu/dvd combo pack, ymmv on combining both but it at least works on all blu/dvd combos so Fargo and species type combos are 4.99 after coupon.

$8 off Coupon for Twilght
www.redplum.com

$8 Mater’s Tall Tales
check your email
Expires 12/18

$10 off Toy Story 3
check your email
Expires 12/18

$5 off dvd or dvd holiday pack.
www.shreksavings.com or coupons.com

$5 off Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue BR/DVD combo
*Offer good in the U.S., its territories and Canada. Coupon expires 1/24/11. Coupon available through 1/23/11. Limit two printed coupons per computer. Void where prohibited. While supplies last. See coupon for complete details.

Disney Magical Savings

$6 off Starstruck

iconamazon.gif
Amazon.com Coupon codes:
Enter code RANGO5GO at checkout and save on Rango on DVD or Two Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy. ($14.99 after coupon 7/6)

$5 off printable Rango coupon available http://www.rangocoupon.com/

iconbestbuy.gif
$5 off any Blu-ray or DVD $14.99 and up at Best Buy stores valid through July 31, 2011
(not available/valid for online or for in-store pick-up). Coupon indicates it's restricted to regular priced items only, however it automatically works at the register on sale/discounted items, but as always YMMV on that.

$19.99 for Iron Man: Extremis and Spider Woman: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. on Blu-Ray (Coupon is only good for June 17 & 18 and only valid at Best Buy!)[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='angsto2']Just got back from the Blaine, MN store with no hassles other than getting the last of each movie.
Total was just under $25 for Both Movies. I wonder why some stores are being a-holes?? Disney reimburses them for the $18.[/QUOTE]

For us (me and Tybee and the rest of the ATL CAGs) rejection is pretty consistent across the board for all the metro-ATL stores.
My guess: The DM is a major A-Hole.
It's so bad here, I have a single specific cashier I hunt down on release days- just to do the coupons hassle free.

You should have seen how they acted over some of those @GAMER magazine coupons (and they were store coupons).

It's a joke, the BBy retail experience here is the worst of any electronics retailer I've ever seen. (So bad I actually preferred CC over BBy when they were in business, and it's gotten worse since).

Apologies for taking the thread so far off topic.

I would've had no problem with the BB here... except they didn't have Cars in stock.. and wanted me to drive 45 minutes away to get it... for the gas difference I'll go to TRU... :whistle2:(

Just an interjection here: i was out moseying around coupons.com and found a coupon for $5 off The Switch bluray or dvd. just thought some might want to know.

[quote name='Bluecomputerpro']Just an interjection here: i was out moseying around coupons.com and found a coupon for $5 off The Switch bluray or dvd. just thought some might want to know.[/QUOTE]

Thank you

[quote name='angsto2']Just got back from the Blaine, MN store with no hassles other than getting the last of each movie.
Total was just under $25 for Both Movies. I wonder why some stores are being a-holes?? Disney reimburses them for the $18.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I usually don't have problems at either of the Blaine stores.

The best buy support forum just posted a sticky message saying that all stores should be accepting the coupons in combo with the sale offer. Might useful to pull it up on a smartphone if the sales rep/manager is giving you a hard time.

[quote name='pablo9000']The best buy support forum just posted a sticky message saying that all stores should be accepting the coupons in combo with the sale offer. Might useful to pull it up on a smartphone if the sales rep/manager is giving you a hard time.[/QUOTE]

We all know that Best Buy gives people a hard time about coupons because their crappy system doesn't actually scan them in. The fact that they have to create a sticky thread is fucking pathetic. What they need to do is train their fucking employees.

it seems to me that if you have not used your coupon yet target will have a killer sale for the incredibles starting sunday which is the last day for the coupon.

2 for $25 on DVD OR 2 for $35 on Blu-ray:

-Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure
-Bambi
-Disney's Alice in Wonderland
-Secretariat
-TRON: Legacy
-The Incredibles ($10 off coupon)

maybe im wrong but this seems better than BB especially if you were to buy two of them and use 2 coupons. 7.50 each :)

Credit to D head on blu-ray.com:

I might wait for this one since I already have the previous version of Cars and didn't really want the new one. Any chance the TRON:Legacy Disney coupon is still active? Wouldn't mind picking up that one even if I hear the movie is only so-so.

[quote name='Bluecomputerpro']it seems to me that if you have not used your coupon yet target will have a killer sale for the incredibles starting sunday which is the last day for the coupon.

2 for $25 on DVD OR 2 for $35 on Blu-ray:

-Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure
-Bambi
-Disney's Alice in Wonderland
-Secretariat
-TRON: Legacy
-The Incredibles ($10 off coupon)

maybe im wrong but this seems better than BB especially if you were to buy two of them and use 2 coupons. 7.50 each :)

Credit to D head on blu-ray.com:[/QUOTE]
It's Best Buy that has that sale, not Target.

[quote name='consoleman']I might wait for this one since I already have the previous version of Cars and didn't really want the new one. Any chance the TRON:Legacy Disney coupon is still active? Wouldn't mind picking up that one even if I hear the movie is only so-so.[/QUOTE]

"Tron" coupon expired on the 10th.

I got both cars and incredibles at BB today. It was almost like they trained their cashiers. I handed him my two movies, two coupons and my reward zone card. He rang up the movies, then accepted teh bundle price. Rang in both coupons and hit total. ~$25.

It was so easy I almost had to check that I was in Best Buy.

Did I read that the TRU sale (40% off one when you buy one) + their $10 off when you buy both Cars and Incredibles + the two Disney coupons worked together? Maybe worth a trip to TRU in the morning.... (I'm to exhausted tonight.)

Also, saw that Sharpay's Fabulous Adventures has a $8 coupon out today...

Went to TRU today to see if 40% off applied- IT DOES!

I also took my previous Cars BLU, Incredibles DVD, & Cars DVD and did TRU dvd exchange got $5.45 for Cars BLU (which is awesome since when I got it back with the $8 upgrade I only paid $4), $1.85 for Incredibles, & $1.65 for Cars DVD -$8.95 credit! So here's the break down:

Incredibles BLU 34.99-0.00 BOBO 40%
34.99-6.60 SALE PRICE (29.99)
28.39-05.00 (Buy Both $10 off)
23.39 Price before coupon

Cars BLU 29.99-12.00 40% OFF
17.99-3.40 SALE PRICE ($24.99)
14.59-5.00 (Buy Both $10 off)
9.59 Price before Coupon

Coupon -$8.00
Coupon -$10.00
Subtotal 14.98
Tax (FL) 1.98
TOTAL 16.96
Subtract Value Card for trade ins -$8.95

~~TOTAL PAID $8.01~~

And if you add in the movie tickets they paid me to buy the movies =)

Hope this helps for anyone who wanted to go this route!

[quote name='deeniebee']Went to TRU today to see if 40% off applied- IT DOES!

I also took my previous Cars BLU, Incredibles DVD, & Cars DVD and did TRU dvd exchange got $5.45 for Cars BLU (which is awesome since when I got it back with the $8 upgrade I only paid $4), $1.85 for Incredibles, & $1.65 for Cars DVD -$8.95 credit! So here's the break down:

Incredibles BLU 34.99-0.00 BOBO 40%
34.99-6.60 SALE PRICE (29.99)
28.39-05.00 (Buy Both $10 off)
23.39 Price before coupon

Cars BLU 29.99-12.00 40% OFF
17.99-3.40 SALE PRICE ($24.99)
14.59-5.00 (Buy Both $10 off)
9.59 Price before Coupon

Coupon -$8.00
Coupon -$10.00
Subtotal 14.98
Tax (FL) 1.98
TOTAL 16.96
Subtract Value Card for trade ins -$8.95

~~TOTAL PAID $8.01~~

And if you add in the movie tickets they paid me to buy the movies =)

Hope this helps for anyone who wanted to go this route![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.
Best Buy was sold out of Cars on release day, so I figured i would wait until the weekend :)
Awesome deal!

Definitely glad I waited until the weekend... I got the same deal as deenibee... Except I didn't think about trading the originals in at TRU... How does that work?

Not sure if this is policy, but the BB I went to on tuesday was out. When I got home from my trip today I figured I'd hit the store by my house. They had both so I picked them up and then subsequently returned the copy of incredibles I purchased earlier in the week. They credited my card and then gave me a $10 bill for the coupon. Is this right? I didn't think this was supposed to happen.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Not sure if this is policy, but the BB I went to on tuesday was out. When I got home from my trip today I figured I'd hit the store by my house. They had both so I picked them up and then subsequently returned the copy of incredibles I purchased earlier in the week. They credited my card and then gave me a $10 bill for the coupon. Is this right? I didn't think this was supposed to happen.[/QUOTE]

It's not supposed to happen. Must of had a dumb cashier. If you purchased the movie on your credit or debit card the money went back on that and they arent supposed to give you money for a return value of a coupon. You definitely got lucky.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Not sure if this is policy, but the BB I went to on tuesday was out. When I got home from my trip today I figured I'd hit the store by my house. They had both so I picked them up and then subsequently returned the copy of incredibles I purchased earlier in the week. They credited my card and then gave me a $10 bill for the coupon. Is this right? I didn't think this was supposed to happen.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']It's not supposed to happen. Must of had a dumb cashier. If you purchased the movie on your credit or debit card the money went back on that and they arent supposed to give you money for a return value of a coupon. You definitely got lucky.[/QUOTE]

Actually it probably is right unfortunately. I know Target gives you the money back when you use a manufacturers coupon and return the item. My girlfriend use to work CS at Target and had regulars buy stuff with coupons and returning them to get the extra cash.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Actually it probably is right unfortunately. I know Target gives you the money back when you use a manufacturers coupon and return the item. My girlfriend use to work CS at Target and had regulars buy stuff with coupons and returning them to get the extra cash.[/QUOTE]

this all makes sense seeing as they are fully reimbursed for the coupon whether the product is returned or not. if you think about it its a true checks and balance system. only person losing in this action is the vendor not the retailer. so in a moral conundrum, you wold have to dislike the vendor

Saw a woman today being shot down at TrU trying to buy both Cars and Incredibles with all the deals. Had the manager walk her over to the deal sign and very condescendingly read out the "NOT TO BE COMBINED WITH OTHER OFFERS" language. They were getting into it, but he wasn't budging one inch.

Glad I didn't bother trying, to be honest...

[quote name='Justin42']Saw a woman today being shot down at TrU trying to buy both Cars and Incredibles with all the deals. Had the manager walk her over to the deal sign and very condescendingly read out the "NOT TO BE COMBINED WITH OTHER OFFERS" language. They were getting into it, but he wasn't budging one inch.

Glad I didn't bother trying, to be honest...[/QUOTE]

that truly sucks maybe it is a YMMV issue because i went to WM and price matched the current BB ad for the 2 for $35. bought 2 copies of the incredibles used 2 coupons and walked away only paying $7.50 for each. hell the cashiers merrily asked where they could get the same coupon. they were in awe over the tremendous savings.

All i can say is good luck to all the CAG's looking to get the best deal on these movie.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']They credited my card and then gave me a $10 bill for the coupon. Is this right? I didn't think this was supposed to happen.[/QUOTE]
They are legally bound to refund the manufacturer's coupon since they will still claim $10 from Disney, regardless of your return. In essence, Disney just paid you $10. I would assume you're allowed a certain number of returns with manufacturer coupons per year, as too many would flag you for fraud. I'm guessing they took your driver's license to check on this, yes?

[quote name='Jodou']They are legally bound to refund the manufacturer's coupon since they will still claim $10 from Disney, regardless of your return. In essence, Disney just paid you $10. I would assume you're allowed a certain number of returns with manufacturer coupons per year, as too many would flag you for fraud. I'm guessing they took your driver's license to check on this, yes?[/QUOTE]

The seldom few time that i have had to return similar items as long as i have the receipt there's no I.D needed. but that may be different at all retailers.

Sorry for the late reply we're renovating and it's sucked up anytime i have to be on the net.

Go to customer service and verify they do the dvd/bluray/game trade in, then hand over the goods. They will look them up and let you know the current trade in price. if you agree to sell them they will ask for your DL, print out two receipts (one of which you sign saying you sold them and agreed to the price given to you), they then swipe the merchandise credit card and your on your way!
I've been doing this for all our bluray upgrades(even non Disney) and the extra money has come in handy. It also pays about the same as Movie Stop does which is handy since the closest MS to me is about 3 hours away.

[quote name='micmonmel']Definitely glad I waited until the weekend... I got the same deal as deenibee... Except I didn't think about trading the originals in at TRU... How does that work?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='deeniebee']Sorry for the late reply we're renovating and it's sucked up anytime i have to be on the net.

Go to customer service and verify they do the dvd/bluray/game trade in, then hand over the goods. They will look them up and let you know the current trade in price. if you agree to sell them they will ask for your DL, print out two receipts (one of which you sign saying you sold them and agreed to the price given to you), they then swipe the merchandise credit card and your on your way!
I've been doing this for all our bluray upgrades(even non Disney) and the extra money has come in handy. It also pays about the same as Movie Stop does which is handy since the closest MS to me is about 3 hours away.[/QUOTE]

Do you need cases for trading?

[quote name='linkbear']Do you need cases for trading?[/QUOTE]

I would think so - they need the UPC to provide the quote. If you have disc only, you might want to try dvd2blu.com. They accept ANY professional DVD for trade against some warner Blus. Some good deal to be had there (but that belongs to another thread)

[quote name='Animal7390']op has been turned into a wiki, lets see if this helps keep it updated.[/QUOTE]
I think people just gave up waiting and started making individual coupon threads, mate.

[quote name='Jodou']I think people just gave up waiting and started making individual coupon threads, mate.[/QUOTE]

I picked up the op and cleaned it up a bit, I will try to manage it as much as possible since I lurk this forum more than video game deals usually.

I will finish the OP when I get a chance, just getting out of class now

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Didn't see this in the recent pages of the thread or OP / Wiki-post:
$3 off the following Blu-Ray's or DVDs:
Ice Age
Ice Age (2) The Meltdown
Ice Age (3) Dawn of the Dinosaurs
Horton Hears a Who
Link: http://www.chiquita.com/rio/pdfs/BlueSky_Catalog_Coupon.PDF
Many of these were $10-12 @ Best Buy recently

(Added to OP.)

Edit: I forgot this, many of the above also include free movie cash to see Rio.[/QUOTE]

Ice Age is listed as $19.99 online and Meltdown and DotD as $14.99 on sale. Guess its not too bad of a deal on the later 2.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Ice Age is listed as $19.99 online and Meltdown and DotD as $14.99 on sale. Guess its not too bad of a deal on the later 2.[/QUOTE]
I think Horton was still $9.99 online when I checked. In-store maybe different, but both my local BBys had these on a separate waterfall display rack for $10-12 this weekend- and BBy is notorious for in-store online price disparities (usually online prices being the cheaper two though).

[quote name='manthing']All of those Fox animated titles are currently $12 at Wal-Mart.[/QUOTE]
That would make them an excellent deal, especially if they have that Rio movie cash in them.

[quote name='Jodou']I think people just gave up waiting and started making individual coupon threads, mate.[/QUOTE]

maybe so, hopefully this brings everything back to one.

FOX COUPONS

http://www.yearofamillionmoments.com/coupons/

$3 off Romeo + Juliet on Blu-ray
$3 off Australia on Blu-ray
$3 off Benny & Joon on Blu-ray
$3 off Mystic Pizza on Blu-ray
$3 off Little Miss Sunshine on Blu-ray
$3 off Hope Floats on Blu-ray
$3 off Moulin Rouge on Blu-ray
$3 off Mr. & Mrs. Smith on Blu-ray
$3 off The Secret Life of Bees on Blu-ray
$3 off Taxi on Blu-ray

[quote name='fight_the_youth']FOX COUPONS

http://www.yearofamillionmoments.com/coupons/

$3 off Romeo + Juliet on Blu-ray
$3 off Australia on Blu-ray
$3 off Benny & Joon on Blu-ray
$3 off Mystic Pizza on Blu-ray
$3 off Little Miss Sunshine on Blu-ray
$3 off Hope Floats on Blu-ray
$3 off Moulin Rouge on Blu-ray
$3 off Mr. & Mrs. Smith on Blu-ray
$3 off The Secret Life of Bees on Blu-ray
$3 off Taxi on Blu-ray[/QUOTE]
Ugh, everytime I try to load that page, Firefox freezes for like 20 seconds, then after it becomes responsive, the coupons.com coupon printer plugin has crashed. Does that page work for anyone?

Edit: Never mind, I guess. Closing the tab and reopening it fixed it, so it displays the list of movies, but then it doesn't actually print anything after I download and install (again) the coupon printer. Oh well.

Keen314, I've heard that some of the coupon printer software (namely bricks and such) have been crashing today... haven't tried it myself.

[quote name='micmonmel']Keen314, I've heard that some of the coupon printer software (namely bricks and such) have been crashing today... haven't tried it myself.[/QUOTE]
It's understandable. I don't want to work on Cinco de Mayo either.

Anyone who has the Gnomeo & Juliet and/or I Am Number 4 discounts on Amazon, BestBuy.com has lowered their prices so there is now an option for the "Tell Us About A Lower Price".

BestBuy.com now has the I Am Number 4 Combo Pack and the Gnomeo Juliet 3D/Blu/DVD Combo Pack for $24.99. If you have both, submit the prices to Amazon and they match, that's another additional $7 savings ($2 IAN4/ $5 G&J) on top of the discounts already.

I gave it a shot and submitted the price from BB. Thing is, the BB version doesnt say how many discs it has nor does it have a picture. So it might be a long shot.

M

[quote name='Mikerocosms']I gave it a shot and submitted the price from BB. Thing is, the BB version doesnt say how many discs it has nor does it have a picture. So it might be a long shot.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you're looking at the same item, but I submitted this link to them. There is only one 3D edition (the 4 disc edition) so it's the same movie the coupon was available for on Amazon. Also, I don't know if it was there earlier, but there is a picture for the item now.

Cool, I'll give it a shot[quote name='dvdactor']Anyone who has the Gnomeo & Juliet and/or I Am Number 4 discounts on Amazon, BestBuy.com has lowered their prices so there is now an option for the "Tell Us About A Lower Price".

BestBuy.com now has the I Am Number 4 Combo Pack and the Gnomeo Juliet 3D/Blu/DVD Combo Pack for $24.99. If you have both, submit the prices to Amazon and they match, that's another additional $7 savings ($2 IAN4/ $5 G&J) on top of the discounts already.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has a package deal if you pre-order both the 3D combo pack for G&J and the BD/DVD/DC combo pack for IA#4, you get IA#4 for $10 off.

Assuming Amazon matches both prices at $24.99, you'd get both movies for $39.98, assumed to be G&J at $24.99 and IA#4 for $14.99. Currently, it would be $29.99 for G&J and $16.99 for IA#4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back