Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice2Dragon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
July 29, 2008 Releases

The Band's Visit
Beowulf : Directors Cut (TruHD audio!!! WOOT!)
The Big White
Clear and Present Danger
Dark City
Doomsday (not a bad movie...looks phenomenal!)
Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle (Unrated?)
Harold and Kumar Go To Guantanemo Bay (Unrated)
Human Body : Pushing The Limits
Hunt For Red October
Lost Boys
Lost Boys : The Tribe (Is this a sequel or a prequel? Anyone)
Mortuary
Never back Down
Patriot Games
Perhaps Love
Robin Hood : Season 1
Salvage
Shine A Light
Stargate : Continuum
Sum Of All Fears
Tiger Blade
Top Gun (Wooo!!!)
Vengeance

Itll be updated every week, sorry guys. Ive had a very busy two weeks @_@

Helpful Links

AVS picture quality tier thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=858316
HDM reviews and new:
High Def Digest

Import Sites
www.xploitedcinema.com

Region Code Listing
http://bluray.liesinc.net

OP will be updated soon with more info.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw that the new BD-Live discs will allow you to upload the film to a memory stick and/or the PSP.

Been wondering when they would do this (offer home version and portable version on one disc).

Now they just need to start doing it with games... :lol:

[quote name='seanr1221']I hope that means HD Flight of the Concords. I love that show.[/quote]

I liked it better when it was called "Tenacious D"

[quote name='asianxcore']Meh. I love HBO, but their SD discs cost enough already.

Then again if they decide to release BD Deadwood... :)[/QUOTE]
Yeah Deadwood would be amazing. I got the Sopranos season 6 Part 1 and 2 on Ebay for around 25-30 each. So if you wait a good amount of time the box sets don't really hold there value.

For HBO, i'd love to see Carnivale get released on Blu. Maybe to accompany with a 3rd season (the first probably being the more likely occurance).

For New Line, way too many to pick. My top 10 would probably be (in no order): Se7en, American History X, Spawn, Blade 1, LOTR 1-3, Butterfly Effect, and Mortal Kombat 1&2.

So I picked up Pirates 1-3 and Meet the Robinsons at the TRU sale. I like Meet the Robinsons. Haven't seen Pirates 3 yet. But for all 4 of them for under $50 total after tax, I can't be too put off. MtR looked and sounded great.

Anyone cash in on that deal? Sorry for going OT, but this is a Blu-ray discussion thread right?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Rome please, HBO.[/quote]

FREAKING

AGREED

X10

I seriously wanted to get the DVD for what was it? 50 bucks? But I know.. as soon as I get it.. bam.. announcement.

Expect HBO to be releasing some blu ray's soon.

Ill update if anyone wants it if I see or hear anything.

Yes, MTR was a great looking/sounding movie.. but not the best film Ive seen from that studio. Great buy though.

Yeah, toys r us had a great sale this week..

I wanted to go HSM2, but thought id feel a little.. weird.. But vanessa hudgens.. ga damn

Thanks for you efforts Ice2Dragon ... I just got a PS3 this week and this thread will be a useful supplement to my Netflix account. So here's my official tag. :)

Just bought Shoot Em Up. I plan to watch it tomorrow. I really want Sunshine, but they didn't have it. Going to look tomorrow.

I hope they release some more anime on blu-ray.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Just bought Shoot Em Up. I plan to watch it tomorrow. I really want Sunshine, but they didn't have it. Going to look tomorrow.

I hope they release some more anime on blu-ray.[/quote]

They are!

Appleseed is coming :)

Also rumors about Ghost In The Shell is coming as well ^_^ Since Japan has it already, 5.1 master hd audio, but it doesnt have english audio.

Theres a ton of anime out.. but BB and CC dont carry it..

Paprika
SOS Escape from the Tokyo Metro
Tekkonkinkreet

Just to name a few.. all great anime..

There will be more over the next coming months dont worry. ive been waiting too..

[quote name='Bezerker']For HBO, i'd love to see Carnivale get released on Blu. Maybe to accompany with a 3rd season (the first probably being the more likely occurance).

quote]

there isn't going to be a third season...unless something has come up over the past few weeks, as far as I know the series is dead. The creators were trying to think up ways to finish up the storyline, but HBO didn't seem interested...

I picked up all three pirates movies and ratatollie at toys r us...great deal...about $30 for 4 blu ray movies and a bongo drum:bouncy: :bouncy:

I have Wings of Honneamise, which is great. Unfortunately I don't like the others. I was hoping Sony would do a HD release of Blood+, but only DVD was announced T.T

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I have Wings of Honneamise, which is great. Unfortunately I don't like the others. I was hoping Sony would do a HD release of Blood+, but only DVD was announced T.T[/quote]

Omg you got Wings of Honneamise? How is it.. Ive been looking everywhere for it.. never found it.. and Im not paying fleabay or amazon high ass prices for it..

I heard the case was huge lol

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I have Wings of Honneamise, which is great. Unfortunately I don't like the others. I was hoping Sony would do a HD release of Blood+, but only DVD was announced T.T[/quote]Didn't like Tekkon Kinkreet? How come?

I keep seeing Wings of H. at Frys, but damn that stupid price.
Same goes for the other Bandai stuff.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Omg you got Wings of Honneamise? How is it.. Ive been looking everywhere for it.. never found it.. and Im not paying fleabay or amazon high ass prices for it..

I heard the case was huge lol[/QUOTE]
I got it off Amazon lol. I preordered it as soon as it was announced. I think I paid like 65 for it. Amazon is good with preorder prices.

The box isn't too big. It comes with the BR and DVD packaged together. Each is in a DVD sized case, and both of those are in a nice box. It's a nice package, but kind of pricey. Wish they had just sold the BR and DVD versions seperately.

Awesome movie if you haven't seen it. Easily one of the best anime ever made. Also the picture quality is quite nice. Especially when you realize the movie was made over 15 years ago.
[quote name='dallow']Didn't like Tekkon Kinkreet? How come?[/quote]
Just not my kind of show. Though I'll probably end up getting Paprika.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I got it off Amazon lol. I preordered it as soon as it was announced. I think I paid like 65 for it. Amazon is good with preorder prices.

The box isn't too big. It comes with the BR and DVD packaged together. Each is in a DVD sized case, and both of those are in a nice box. It's a nice package, but kind of pricey. Wish they had just sold the BR and DVD versions seperately.

Awesome movie if you haven't seen it. Easily one of the best anime ever made. Also the picture quality is quite nice. Especially when you realize the movie was made over 15 years ago.[/quote]

Yeah well. If you ever wanna sell it PM Me lol.

Anime is always great looking on blu ray.. not everyones cup of tea I guess..

I personally loved tekkonkinkreet.. but Paprika was a bit.. out there.. even for me.

[quote name='dallow']Didn't like Tekkon Kinkreet? How come?

[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed it. One of the better anime movies I have seen in a long time. I was pleasantly surprised at the PQ/SQ on the Dragon Ball Z double pack.

Hopefully BB and CC will start carrying them more and more.. they got paprika in a month after it was out.. still no tekkonkinkreet.. had to go to borders for that.. damn over priced asshats -_-V

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Omg you got Wings of Honneamise? How is it.. Ive been looking everywhere for it.. never found it.. and Im not paying fleabay or amazon high ass prices for it..

I heard the case was huge lol[/quote]
Warehousedeals has an open one for $49.75 shipped.

I actually bought the DBZ double feature Blu-Ray. I figured $13.99 shipped is enough to support Funi Blu-Ray. I just hope they choose something decent to release next. I watched a 720p rip of Origin: Spirits of the Past, and it is one of the most incredible looking HD anime ive seen (next to the 1080p rips of Place Promised In Our Early Days & 5 cm per second).

[quote name='Bezerker']I actually bought the DBZ double feature Blu-Ray. I figured $13.99 shipped is enough to support Funi Blu-Ray. [/quote]

Where can I get it for this price?

Shoot Em Up was awesome! If you like mindless action as much as I do, highly recommended.

Went to Borders today, and of course they didn't have Blade Runner. They had the ultimate edition, but I'm not paying $100 for that!

Heres a list of all the current & upcoming anime Blu-Rays:

USA:
Royal Space Force: Wings of Honneamise
Tekkon Kinkreet
DBZ double feature: Broly movies
Jin-Roh
Paprika
SOS! Tokyo Metro Explorers: The Next
Appleseed Ex Machina 3/11/08

Japan (Region 1, so they'll play in your PS3, however not all have english subs)
Project Papo
Brave Story
Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
Air TV series
Iblard Jikan
Patlabor the movie 1
FLAG Director's Edition - Issenman no Kufura no Kiroku
Patlabor the movie 2
Ghost in the Shell
Steamboy
Avalon
Patlabor Movie 3: WXIII
Spriggan
Metropolis
Memories
Utawarerumono Box Set, 01/23/08
Yukikaze (upconvert), 01/25/08
Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door, 01/25/08
Escaflowne the Movie, 01/25/08
Afro Samurai movie, 02/20/08
Mobile Suit Gundam F91, 02/22/08
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack, 02/22/08
Perfect Blue, 02/22/08
Stranger - Mukoh Hadan, 04/11/08
hack//G.U. TRILOGY, 03/25/08
Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children, TBA

Unfortunately the prices on the japanese blu-rays are insane. Most of the Movie/OVA's are $60-80 each and the series boxsets run from $200-$450. Why anime costs more in japan for less work being done, i'll never know. Perfect Blue (my favorite anime movie by my favorite director) is coming out on my birthday. I'm really tempted to get it, but i cant find anyone to confirm if it has english subs or not.

[quote name='Bezerker']Heres a list of all the current & upcoming anime Blu-Rays:

USA:
Royal Space Force: Wings of Honneamise
Tekkon Kinkreet
DBZ double feature: Broly movies
Jin-Roh
Paprika
SOS! Tokyo Metro Explorers: The Next
Appleseed Ex Machina 3/11/08

Japan (Region 1, so they'll play in your PS3, however not all have english subs)
Project Papo
Brave Story
Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
Air TV series
Iblard Jikan
Patlabor the movie 1
FLAG Director's Edition - Issenman no Kufura no Kiroku
Patlabor the movie 2
Ghost in the Shell
Steamboy
Avalon
Patlabor Movie 3: WXIII
Spriggan
Metropolis
Memories
Utawarerumono Box Set, 01/23/08
Yukikaze (upconvert), 01/25/08
Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door, 01/25/08
Escaflowne the Movie, 01/25/08
Afro Samurai movie, 02/20/08
Mobile Suit Gundam F91, 02/22/08
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack, 02/22/08
Perfect Blue, 02/22/08
Stranger - Mukoh Hadan, 04/11/08
hack//G.U. TRILOGY, 03/25/08
Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children, TBA

Unfortunately the prices on the japanese blu-rays are insane. Most of the Movie/OVA's are $60-80 each and the series boxsets run from $200-$450. Why anime costs more in japan for less work being done, i'll never know. Perfect Blue (my favorite anime movie by my favorite director) is coming out on my birthday. I'm really tempted to get it, but i cant find anyone to confirm if it has english subs or not.[/quote]

Good god .hack trilogy is gonna be freaking sweet.. the price is gonna be huge though to import it.. damn them.

FF7 will also be just as good.. can not wait for that to be 1080p..

Come on 7.1 dts master audio..

And updated for the week.

Good luck chuck.. just wow. Great lines from that movie.. Tons of nudity.. a definite buy for anyone interested..

Mr woodcock for me this week :)

[quote name='DestroVega']I wouldn't watch Good Luck Chuck if I were paid the price of the disc.[/quote]

this would of been a must get for me but after the alba preggers news.. ive lost pretty much all interest in her right now

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']And updated for the week.

Good luck chuck.. just wow. Great lines from that movie.. Tons of nudity.. a definite buy for anyone interested..

[/QUOTE]

that has to be one of the worst, least funny movies, that I have ever seen and I have seen Manos

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']that has to be one of the worst, least funny movies, that I have ever seen and I have seen Manos[/quote]

Really? My girlfriend and I enjoyed it a lot. Just must be personal taste though.. hopefully Woodcock is just as good.

That's what I was going to say. I thought Chuck was a stinker.

I'm tempted to pick up Superman Returns and Enter the Dragon today from CC.

[quote name='seanr1221']That's what I was going to say. I thought Chuck was a stinker.

I'm tempted to pick up Superman Returns and Enter the Dragon today from CC.[/quote]

Make sure its the newer superman returns with the better audio -_-V

dunno if its been mentioned but

next week at best buy

buy saw 4 (29.99) get good luck chuck, war, or 3:10 to yuma for $15, all blu ray

decent deal

[quote name='rsigley']dunno if its been mentioned but

next week at best buy

buy saw 4 (29.99) get good luck chuck, war, or 3:10 to yuma for $15, all blu ray

decent deal[/quote]

Freaking stupid, I have all three of those movies.

Sigh..

Damn BB.. wheres the ad for next week at already?

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Another story to blame the blu ray side, probably published by a pro HD DVD reporter.

Wouldnt shock me at all..[/quote]

why is it so hard to believe Warner would take a payout to go exclusive? it's harder to believe they didn't.

[quote name='DestroVega']why is it so hard to believe Warner would take a payout to go exclusive? it's harder to believe they didn't.[/QUOTE]

Why did you feel the need to post that here and the vs thread? This thread is to talk about new releases. Get over your wasted money, pick up a blu-ray player, and join us in discussing new releases.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Freaking stupid, I have all three of those movies.
[/QUOTE]

if you bought them at BB just buy it at $15 and return it with the old receipt if you still have it

[quote name='DestroVega']why is it so hard to believe Warner would take a payout to go exclusive? it's harder to believe they didn't.[/QUOTE]
We have a Format War Thread for stuff like this. Why bother posting it in the Blu-Ray thread and trying to start a flame war?

Edit: Rodejones903 you beat me to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back