blur - Gen. Discussion & Info

sup everyone!
just got the game yesterday and none of my friends have this.. lol
feel free to add me if u need people to play with, cause I sure do!

xbl: T e K S s X
p.s. i played the beta, so i'm not a complete noob :)

[quote name='Mikocouch']Is there a post with everyone who is playing Blur?[/QUOTE]

Don't think so, but I did get your friend request. Thought you were a CAG but wasn't sure. I'll add you next chance I get.

Anyone else that wants to get some Blur action going tonight, I will be on at 10pm CST (30 mins from now)

I'm getting ready to jump on myself for a bit (at least the next hour most likely). Not sure how talkative I'll be since I'm listening to The House of Hair as well.

When you're hot you're hot.. when you're not, holy fuck, you suck.

And by you, I mean me. Whole lot of suck going on tonight, other than a 2nd place finish I don't think I placed higher than last in very many races.

I was playing alittle bit of the single player to unlock the boss cars, do you get the cars no matter the difficulty? I was doing them all on hard and got 4 so far.

[quote name='tekssx']anyone willing to start up a list of cag blur players?[/QUOTE]

I'll create a list today.

I probably won't be on a whole lot this week though. I have softball games tonight, tomorrow night, and Thursday night.

Ok, here is list v 1.0. I went through 21 pages and tried to get everyone. I'm sorry if I missed someone, just let me know.

CAG Name -- XBL

LinkinPrime -- LinkinPrime
Richlough -- Richlough
bfauble83 -- bfauble83
Lokki -- DeathTrip07
Sociopharm02 -- Musicman30
ZForce915 -- ZForce915
JStryke -- JStryker416
reddjoey -- reddjoey
The_Cang -- The Cang
Cheapskate -- Xscapist
bsesb2003 -- artmx5
FrankySox -- Frankysox
Morphx2 -- Flippr
bs000 -- bs000
Matt Young -- X Matt Young X
AlphaPanda -- Infinite 93
life.exe -- Avisole
Tha Xecutioner -- xThaXecutionerx
Pure Apathy -- Pure Apathy
dastly75 -- Dastly
Budz -- Budz04
sendme -- shazo
LoaderLeaker -- crazykilla196
hostly1 -- hostly1
SNAKE EYES EX -- SNAKE EYES EX
ryoga79 -- DrGonzo369
Filbert -- Phalchion
RudyPants -- RudyPants
BigAT -- BigAT4
freshzen -- x Spunyun
exileinoblivion -- CarlWinslow2000
Viva Las Vegas -- DROPPIN LOADZ
HydroX -- III HydroX III
Mikocouch -- kdisz
brkptr -- Berk Porter
WTPolaris -- Typical Knave
crunchewy -- crunc is
radioactivez0r -- radioactivez0r
Ma12kez -- Woltaire
PJSkiboy -- PJSkiboy
tekssx -- T E K S s X
rjbooth -- washablebinkie
aspen1284 -- Pools of Red
whiptcracker -- Whipt1
MSUHitman -- MSUHitman

Last edited by a moderator:
I got this on the 24th and love it. The game is damn tough, though. It took me a while to get 14 seconds left on the clock in race 5 of the second set of races. I haven't played online much yet, and probably won't much until I finish the single player, but definitely add me to the list of CAGs with the game. I'm "crunc is".

[quote name='crunchewy']I got this on the 24th and love it. The game is damn tough, though. It took me a while to get 14 seconds left on the clock in race 5 of the second set of races. I haven't played online much yet, and probably won't much until I finish the single player, but definitely add me to the list of CAGs with the game. I'm "crunc is".[/QUOTE]

My wholehearted recommendation is to play as much MP as possible, and play SP when you need a break from getting your ass whooped ;) I find it far more entertaining - and frustrating. I actually managed to place 2nd in a race yesterday in the Skirmish mode, and would have won a different race (the descent single lap) but for getting spun out toward the end by a Shunt :bomb:

[quote name='radioactivez0r']My wholehearted recommendation is to play as much MP as possible, and play SP when you need a break from getting your ass whooped ;) I find it far more entertaining - and frustrating. I actually managed to place 2nd in a race yesterday in the Skirmish mode, and would have won a different race (the descent single lap) but for getting spun out toward the end by a Shunt :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Funny, I have the exact opposite reaction. I play the SP until I get frustrated with not being able to finish a race and then switch over to MP where at least when I get creamed I still have fun.

[quote name='Lokki']Ok, here is list v 1.0. I went through 21 pages and tried to get everyone. I'm sorry if I missed someone, just let me know.

CAG Name -- XBL

LinkinPrime -- LinkinPrime
Richlough -- Richlough
bfauble83 -- bfauble83
Lokki -- DeathTrip07
Sociopharm02 -- Musicman30
ZForce915 -- ZForce915
JStryke -- JStryker416
reddjoey -- reddjoey
The_Cang -- The Cang
Cheapskate -- Xscapist
bsesb2003 -- artmx5
FrankySox -- Frankysox
Morphx2 -- Flippr
bs000 -- bs000
Matt Young -- X Matt Young X
AlphaPanda -- Infinite 93
life.exe -- Avisole
Tha Xecutioner -- xThaXecutionerx
Pure Apathy -- Pure Apathy
dastly75 -- Dastly
Budz -- Budz04
sendme -- shazo
LoaderLeaker -- crazykilla196
hostly1 -- hostly1
SNAKE EYES EX -- SNAKE EYES EX
ryoga79 -- DrGonzo369
Filbert -- Phalchion
RudyPants -- RudyPants
BigAT -- BigAT4
freshzen -- x Spunyun
exileinoblivion -- CarlWinslow2000
Viva Las Vegas -- DROPPIN LOADZ
HydroX -- III HydroX III
Mikocouch -- kdisz
brkptr -- Berk Porter
WTPolaris -- Typical Knave
crunchewy -- crunc is
radioactivez0r -- radioactivez0r
Ma12kez -- Woltaire
PJSkiboy -- PJSkiboy
tekssx -- T E K S s X
rjbooth -- washablebinkie
aspen1284 -- Pools of Red
whiptcracker -- Whipt1[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much!! There should be a sticky on this or something so people know :D thankssssss

With that many CAGs, we really should have a CAG Blur gamertag friend everyone on that list. Furthermore there should be a CAG night or something where we can get 20 CAGs in a single race. Just my thoughts.

[quote name='dastly75']With that many CAGs, we really should have a CAG Blur gamertag friend everyone on that list. Furthermore there should be a CAG night or something where we can get 20 CAGs in a single race. Just my thoughts.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I've made the CAG Blur Gamertag. Working on sending out the friend requests now.

Edit - Apparently I hit the daily limit of requests. I got as far down the list as "xThaXecutionerx", so everyone below that has not been added yet. You can send the requests to CAG Blur. I'll check it frequently and ok them.

MSUHitman- MSUHitman

Got the game in the $10 sale. Played online a bit with Pure Apathy and RudyPants so far, plus some of the single-player.

Is it just me, or is the online starting to drastically dry up? A few weeks ago, there were about 4,000 - 6,000 people online at any given time... over the last two days, the number hasn't even broken 2,000.

I wanted to try some Team Motor Mash when I hit rank 12 only to find 0 people were playing it... and never saw anyone start playing it.

I love the game and am quite saddened that it either didn't sell well, or people aren't sticking with it hence the low online numbers. This is definitely one of the best MP games on XBL, imo (hell, imo, the best one that isn't a shooter). I gotta urge everyone who is doing SP first to just jump into MP before it's too late, and save the SP stuff for later.

[quote name='animalspinners']Is it just me, or is the online starting to drastically dry up? A few weeks ago, there were about 4,000 - 6,000 people online at any given time... over the last two days, the number hasn't even broken 2,000.

I wanted to try some Team Motor Mash when I hit rank 12 only to find 0 people were playing it... and never saw anyone start playing it.

I love the game and am quite saddened that it either didn't sell well, or people aren't sticking with it hence the low online numbers. This is definitely one of the best MP games on XBL, imo (hell, imo, the best one that isn't a shooter). I gotta urge everyone who is doing SP first to just jump into MP before it's too late, and save the SP stuff for later.[/QUOTE]

It is a combination of things. I've had the game for two or three weeks and I have never seen anyone in Team Motor Mash. The 10-man, 20-man, and Motor Mash are the only real consistent playlists that get a lot of people.

It did not sell well at all, we are talking reaaaally low numbers which is why they issued that manufacturers coupon.

I tried to add more people this morning, but I guess it is 24 hours from when I exceeded the number of requests and not a calendar day. So keep sending requests to CAG Blur and I'll check it frequently throughout the day.

Here's a question I thought of last night while playing. There's an achievement for winning two different race types. Well, I can win motor mash no problem, but I can't win a race to save my life. My question, if I did team racing and a team mate would win, would that net me the achievement or would I still need to finish first?

It's too bad if this game didn't sell. It's such a good game. Great gameplay, graphics, sound and style. I've recommended it to folks, but so far I'm not getting much interest out of them, unfortunately.

The background music for this game gets old real fast. Kind of wish they had licensed some rock tunes or something for this game. Even some unknown artists would've been fine.

Scratch what I asked earlier. Apparently, it's a team event, a hardcore event, then another playlist. Funny though. I just went to team racing, I somehow finished 2nd after being middle of the pack the whole time and yet our team still won (the first place guy was the other team, but he also won by just a nose).

[quote name='HydroX']The background music for this game gets old real fast. Kind of wish they had licensed some rock tunes or something for this game. Even some unknown artists would've been fine.[/QUOTE]

That's what custom soundtracks is for. I've never even heard the real soundtrack for this game as I always play with my custom music.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']That's what custom soundtracks is for. I've never even heard the real soundtrack for this game as I always play with my custom music.[/QUOTE]

Meh, I'm too lazy to put a custom soundtrack together for it. ;)

I thought there was supposed to be a soundtrack. Sure, I'm not the most observant person, but that could explain why I'm not hearing anything music wise.

I've not even played this game online yet, but if anyone is wanting to race or anything, just f/r me and send me a message!

[quote name='crunchewy']It's too bad if this game didn't sell. It's such a good game. Great gameplay, graphics, sound and style. I've recommended it to folks, but so far I'm not getting much interest out of them, unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Yea, who knows... I'm wondering if a lot of the "core" gamers saw it was Activision and immediately wrote it off. This was supposed to be a huge game for them... they licensed the cars, the music, they bought Bizarre Creations, put a ton of hype into this game. For Activision, this game must be considered a great failure considering all the time and money that went into it.

[quote name='JStryke']Scratch what I asked earlier. Apparently, it's a team event, a hardcore event, then another playlist. Funny though. I just went to team racing, I somehow finished 2nd after being middle of the pack the whole time and yet our team still won (the first place guy was the other team, but he also won by just a nose).[/QUOTE]

Team racing gives out points for each position, adds them up at the end of the race, and which ever team got more points at the end wins the race. The team doesn't have to have someone come in first place to win the race as a team.

Anyone up for Blur please add me as well, GT: fReaKstah

Having a blast in both single and multiplayer in this game. Best $20 (BB wouldn't let me get the RZ $10 off :( ) I've spent in a long while.

[quote name='life.exe']Team racing gives out points for each position, adds them up at the end of the race, and which ever team got more points at the end wins the race. The team doesn't have to have someone come in first place to win the race as a team.[/QUOTE]

Ah, considering how many last second changes I've had in position in Motor Mash, I figured the game just went weird on me. That's good to know then. But you shouldn't have told me that. I was using that as a confidence booster. :razz:

[quote name='animalspinners']Yea, who knows... I'm wondering if a lot of the "core" gamers saw it was Activision and immediately wrote it off. This was supposed to be a huge game for them... they licensed the cars, the music, they bought Bizarre Creations, put a ton of hype into this game. For Activision, this game must be considered a great failure considering all the time and money that went into it.[/QUOTE]

Thats sad seeing how the multiplayer is great. I have yet to play the single player and chances are wont ever play it.

Sent out some more friend requests from CAG Blur this morning. The list still isn't complete, should be tomorrow though.

I guess we need to try to plan a night where we can get a lot of the people on and have a big CAG race night.

[quote name='Mikocouch']I hit 50 today and got that rank 1 legendary bmw and wow what a piece of shit that car is, the beetle(rat) is better imo![/QUOTE]

I remember hearing the first legendary car isn't that great so that's not surprising, but for the stats, is it the same as the regular bmw but with just a new paint job or something?

[quote name='Lokki']Sent out some more friend requests from CAG Blur this morning. The list still isn't complete, should be tomorrow though.

I guess we need to try to plan a night where we can get a lot of the people on and have a big CAG race night.[/QUOTE]

I friend requested CAG Blur and am looking forward to meeting up with some CAGs for MP. I think the idea of picking a night or time or something to try and meet up might work well. Thanks for pushing this along, Lokki.

I have some guests in town for a while starting later this week so I may not be as available for a bit. Hopefully MP is still going by the time I can join in...

[quote name='brkptr']I friend requested CAG Blur and am looking forward to meeting up with some CAGs for MP. I think the idea of picking a night or time or something to try and meet up might work well. Thanks for pushing this along, Lokki.

I have some guests in town for a while starting later this week so I may not be as available for a bit. Hopefully MP is still going by the time I can join in...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll be out of town this weekend. I'm taking my family to visit my sister and her family. They have a 360 as well though. I plan on bringing Blur along to play with my Brother-in-law. He's currently hooked on MW2 though, so I don't know if I can pull him away from that.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Adding CAG Blur as well, so keep an eye out for me if you see me on.[/QUOTE]

You have been added.

I think CAG Blur has more friends now than my own account.. FML hah though I usually don't just add random people to mine. It's mostly RL friends and a few CAGs that I've played other games with. I did add several CAGs to my friend list prior to CAG Blur.

I haven't played a game in a long time that can piss me off to no end like this one can. So many times I should've been in position to win and all it takes is one shot (or more times than not I just get a constant barrage of shit) to completely push you to the back of the pack. Yet, when I hit people with a barge or 3-bolter it doesn't seem to effect them as much. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm using a Front Runner/Splash Damage/ECM Mod loadout.

Oh, and there's not one time where I've finished top 7 at LA Docks. Out of 179(ish) total races, I have 6 victories. 37 top 3 finishes.

bread's done
Back