Borderlands 2 $25, Max Payne 3, GTAIV $15 - Twitch Gamespot Black Fridays Deals 11/23

StryderOmega

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
^^^DEALS ARE DEAD!!! TITLE NEEDS UPDATING^^^

Received an email stating GameSpot is hosting live feed where they promote Black Friday type deals that you need to watch to get a part of. Can't post a pic of email cause on my phone.

The new live, weekly web series that hooks you up with exclusive deals on everything gaming is back. You have to watch live to get these deep discounts! Supplies are limited so tune in this Friday evening and save huge on the hottest games.

Past Deals:
November 9 Deals Hints (with probable games):

Deal Hint #1: With a little help from some seeds and a liquid gun you'll have your tricky machinery up and running in no time. - Vessel
Deal Hint #2: Hey there fortunate son, grab your passport and Nova-6, it's time to head to Russia. - Black Ops
Deal Hint #3: Control or be consumed in a concrete jungle filled with hideous monsters and horrific plagues. - Prototype PC Bundle

Devil May Cry 9.99
Digital Copy of Darkness II For PC
Assassin's Creed Revelations $19.99 receive $15 towards Preorder of AC3 Encyclopedia Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't go to Gamespot often (or at all) so I don't know what the relationship is between these people and Gamespot itself but there is something really off putting about watching a site that covers game trying to sell you stuff.

$180 is semi reasonable. Has been at lowest on average $219 on Amazon. Tax kills it, $15+$8 CA reg fee = 202.81

Watching this on my laptop with my 360 and Kinect on and them saying XBox is causing so many random seizures on my 360.

Wheel by itself is a $28.43 value. I have a feeling that the game will be that much lower or more on Black Friday anyways. Roll on next deal.

Kingdoms of Amalur next. This will be a rock bottom price, get ready.

[quote name='Umair56']I don't go to Gamespot often (or at all) so I don't know what the relationship is between these people and Gamespot itself but there is something really off putting about watching a site that covers game trying to sell you stuff.[/QUOTE]

Are you suggesting that game reviews/coverage might be influenced by a financial relationship with content distributors? That has almost never happened with the slighlty possible exception of Every. Single. Time.

My favorite example of this was when MTV created an MTV movie award ("Best Film that Hasn't Been Released") for Transformers. The show was of course sponsored by Paramount/Dreamworks.

Well onto the PC deal it seems and I got Amular already for 360 with all the DLC. I'm outta here like Steve Martin!

[quote name='Bosamba']Wheel by itself is a $28.43 value. I have a feeling that the game will be that much lower or more on Black Friday anyways. Roll on next deal.[/QUOTE]

If you are interested in the Speed Wheel, this is actually a decent deal. Because as you pointed out, the Wheel is just under $30 and last Black Friday, Forza 4 was selling at $27 - $30. So if you wait until BF, you are almost guaranteed to find this package for $60 which is basically the same amount as GameSpot's deal.

Your issue really becomes, do you have Amazon credit or not? I have a ton of BB & GameStop credit so I will wait to piece this deal together myself. ;)

[quote name='Stanley the Bugman']Are you suggesting that game reviews/coverage might be influenced by a financial relationship with content distributors? That has almost never happened with the slighlty possible exception of Every. Single. Time.

My favorite example of this was when MTV created an MTV movie award ("Best Film that Hasn't Been Released") for Transformers. The show was of course sponsored by Paramount/Dreamworks.[/QUOTE]

It is not like game websites are covering international politics. They cover games and to stay in business they need those games to sell just as much as the publishers. You are right. No reason to ever be surprised by this. Games "journalism" is an oxymoron.

[quote name='Stanley the Bugman']Are you suggesting that game reviews/coverage might be influenced by a financial relationship with content distributors? That has almost never happened with the slighlty possible exception of Every. Single. Time.

My favorite example of this was when MTV created an MTV movie award ("Best Film that Hasn't Been Released") for Transformers. The show was of course sponsored by Paramount/Dreamworks.[/QUOTE]

There are a lot of places where its pretty obvious what is happening but what I find more annoying is when some game journalist takes it really personally when someone raises their suspicions. I hate when game journalists act like they're completely invulnerable to advertising and gifts from publishers when in reality this stuff completely works. Its not just a few places that are completely in publisher's pockets, more like many places that are a tiny bit compromised.

/rant

[quote name='cancerman1120']$12 for the complete pack on KoA is pretty good if you have a PC.[/QUOTE]

Origin only if you care about that sort of thing.

i don't like origin but last sale KoA had on steam was just 40% if i remember right so getting it all for $13 is worth it too me

[quote name='Anexanhume']Played demo on 360 for ME3 content. Meh. Wait till less and steam for me.[/QUOTE]

It hasn't been discounted very much on Steam, I'm biting at $12.

bread's done
Back