Borderlands 2 $25, Max Payne 3, GTAIV $15 - Twitch Gamespot Black Fridays Deals 11/23

StryderOmega

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
^^^DEALS ARE DEAD!!! TITLE NEEDS UPDATING^^^

Received an email stating GameSpot is hosting live feed where they promote Black Friday type deals that you need to watch to get a part of. Can't post a pic of email cause on my phone.

The new live, weekly web series that hooks you up with exclusive deals on everything gaming is back. You have to watch live to get these deep discounts! Supplies are limited so tune in this Friday evening and save huge on the hottest games.

Past Deals:
November 9 Deals Hints (with probable games):

Deal Hint #1: With a little help from some seeds and a liquid gun you'll have your tricky machinery up and running in no time. - Vessel
Deal Hint #2: Hey there fortunate son, grab your passport and Nova-6, it's time to head to Russia. - Black Ops
Deal Hint #3: Control or be consumed in a concrete jungle filled with hideous monsters and horrific plagues. - Prototype PC Bundle

Devil May Cry 9.99
Digital Copy of Darkness II For PC
Assassin's Creed Revelations $19.99 receive $15 towards Preorder of AC3 Encyclopedia Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tylerh1701']They are very excited about one of the deals next week. Someone told Sasha about the deal and she was like "......really?"

Sorry that just killed me. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

I thought she said that was earlier today in reference to this Prototype deal

[quote name='KaOTiK']I thought she said that was earlier today in reference to this Prototype deal[/QUOTE]

Possibly, but I thought they were referring to next weeks deal. I could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Possibly, but I thought they were referring to next weeks deal. I could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time.[/QUOTE]

Likewise for me lol

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Hi CAGs,

Here's tomorrow's line up for the Gamespot show. A reminder, this show will run for 30 minutes from 2:00-2:30PST, here is the link:

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/black-...sode_420121116

Here are the deals:

1. Fifa Manager 2013 (Origin): $15.99
2. Forge 2-Pack (Steam at launch still in beta): $14.99 (if you already bought one we'll get you a credit for the difference soon)
3. Forge 4-Pack (Steam at launch still in beta): $24.99 (if you already bought one we'll get you a credit for the difference soon)
4. Hotline Miami (Steam Key): $7.49
5. Starcraft II Wings of Liberty: $20
6. The Tantaling THQ Medley: $9.99 contains (all steam keys):

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl
Warhammer: Space Marine
Red Faction: Armageddon
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Homefront
Metro 2033
[/quote]
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328579

Uh...that's all PC. I know Amazon DVG Deals only deals with PC games, so maybe he didn't post the non-PC stuff. I hope it's not all PC deals.

EDIT: It is all PC deals. This page shows the hints, which line up perfectly with the 5 games Sway mentioned above.

Come on Amazon, PC gamers have a million places to get good deals from...

[quote name='tylerh1701']Uh...that's all PC. I know Amazon DVG Deals only deals with PC games, so maybe he didn't post the non-PC stuff. I hope it's not all PC deals.[/QUOTE]

It certainly lines up with the hints, though not in the same order.

Hint #1: It's not a hint at all! This week's featured deal is Starcraft 2 WoL for 50% off!
Hint #2: Combine stalkers, post-apocalyptic Moscow, the EDF, nuclear weapons, hostile martian creatures, and space marines and you'll smell a bundle!
Hint #3: Looking for a sweet new online PvP game? Shave a Lincoln off this 2 or 4-pack.
Hint #4: Is it Soccer or Football? Who cares, get those players out on the field!
Hint #5: Don a mask and go crazy in this stylized and over-the-top retro shooting spree.
http://www.gamespot.com/shows/black-fridays/

[quote name='Woocls']For being an amazon commercial labeled as a show the deals stink... I refuse to support this trash![/QUOTE]

*Looks at deals*

Sorry, but nothing stinks about those deals. They may not be what you want but they are excellent deals.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Meh pc deals are so common, would rather see console deals.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Steam sales and Tony's Amazon deals are more than enough for me. Add the various indie bundles, GMG, GOG, Gamefly, Origin deals and other services I've missed you should have plenty of options for PC deals.

lol... in the digital realm, yes, PC sales are more common. In the retail realm it balances out. So it's pretty much even.

I actually wouldn't mind PC deals all the time because I don't have Prime so I usually don't take advantage of any console deals during the sales.

[quote name='KaOTiK']*Looks at deals*

Sorry, but nothing stinks about those deals. They may not be what you want but they are excellent deals.[/QUOTE]
You mean discounts on games that have already been discounted or aren't really games? (fifa manager I'm looking at you!)

The best deal is $1.50 off Hotline Miami (it was $9 for awhile) and I'm sure that'll be on sale for $2.50 during the next steam sale. There's a million different places to get cheap PC games that these deals aren't any good.

[quote name='Woocls']You mean discounts on games that have already been discounted or aren't really games? (fifa manager I'm looking at you!)

The best deal is $1.50 off Hotline Miami (it was $9 for awhile) and I'm sure that'll be on sale for $2.50 during the next steam sale. There's a million different places to get cheap PC games that these deals aren't any good.[/QUOTE]

Really dude? Really?

2. Forge 2-Pack (Steam at launch still in beta): $14.99 (if you already bought one we'll get you a credit for the difference soon)
3. Forge 4-Pack (Steam at launch still in beta): $24.99 (if you already bought one we'll get you a credit for the difference soon)

Homefront
Metro 2033

1. Fine you don't want to call it a game, many do though if that Football Manager game is anything to go by.

2-3. Deal on a preorder for a game that isn't for sale anywhere else but their own websites as well right now.

4. I expect it to be half off during the Steam holiday sale, so I'm not excited for that price either.

5. SC2, this is the cheapest it has been outside of that one off Toys R Us clearance where you had to get lucky. Only other way to get it this cheap right now is to buy it and SC2 HotS preorder digitally on Battle.net right now.

6. If this isn't a good deal, I don't know what to say. I think you are on the wrong site.

The SC2 and THQ pack look good. Cheapest deal I've seen on SC2 in a while; I'm guessing it's a physical retail disk.

**EDIT**
Am I reading that info correctly; next to the eyeball it says:
That's a lot of viewers

[quote name='KaOTiK']Really dude? Really?

Homefront
Metro 2033

1. Fine you don't want to call it a game, many do though if that Football Manager game is anything to go by.

2-3. Deal on a preorder for a game that isn't for sale anywhere else but their own websites as well right now.

4. I expect it to be half off during the Steam holiday sale, so I'm not excited for that price either.

5. SC2, this is the cheapest it has been outside of that one off Toys R Us clearance where you had to get lucky. Only other way to get it this cheap right now is to buy it and SC2 HotS preorder digitally on Battle.net right now.

6. If this isn't a good deal, I don't know what to say. I think you are on the wrong site.[/QUOTE]
1. Ok, spreadsheet the video game is just not for me I guess...
2-3. I'm not a fan of buying a beta of an untested game. That appears to be just a pvp only MMO.
5. It'll be this cheap as a retail price in a couple months as they try to drum up sales for the second 2/3s of the game. (Yes I'm still bitter about them splitting it into 3 parts...)
6. Already own all of these and didn't pay $10...

[quote name='KaOTiK']6. If this isn't a good deal, I don't know what to say. I think you are on the wrong site.[/QUOTE]

Look at that list again. Frequent visitors of this site have all or most of those games already, since they are so old and have gone on sale many many times. Great deal if you don't own them, but I know I already do.

We already have a Amazon Digital Games rep, Tony, and he let's us know about tons of deals already. So I don't see the need for redundancy. Everyone's still fawning over the $10 DMC HD Collection, which sold out so fast not many even got in on it. It's $16 at Newegg currently, with Black Friday around the corner.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Look at that list again. Frequent visitors of this site have all or most of those games already, since they are so old and have gone on sale many many times. Great deal if you don't own them, but I know I already do.

We already have a Amazon Digital Games rep, Tony, and he let's us know about tons of deals already. So I don't see the need for redundancy. Everyone's still fawning over the $10 DMC HD Collection, which sold out so fast not many even got in on it. It's $16 at Newegg currently, with Black Friday around the corner.[/QUOTE]

I own none of those THQ games, so its a great deal for me.

[quote name='Woocls']1. Ok, spreadsheet the video game is just not for me I guess...
2-3. I'm not a fan of buying a beta of an untested game. That appears to be just a pvp only MMO.
5. It'll be this cheap as a retail price in a couple months as they try to drum up sales for the second 2/3s of the game. (Yes I'm still bitter about them splitting it into 3 parts...)[/QUOTE]
6. Own all of these and didn't pay $10 for them.

I think you all are mixing stuff up, just because you own the games or don't want them doesn't make it not a good deal.

I owned all but Homefront from the THQ deal but I can appreciate that it is an amazing deal still. I have no interest in the Fifa one either but again I can appreciate the deal for a new game being like 60% off.

bummer I've already got Metro, STALKER, Warhammer and not interested in Red Faction. Only thing from it I'd want/need is Homefront. Will be in for Star Craft though

[quote name='oc_bastard']Starcraft 2 (physical copy) was coming up slightly cheaper for me: $18.77 before (possible) tax/shipping. Good enough of a deal for me to pick up an xmas gift copy, since I already own.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/coupon/starcraft-wings-of-liberty/A2OYT0EO2TNUE2?redirect=0[/QUOTE]

Thanks. At least this time Amazon didn't screw up the order. The Devil May Cry HD deal was a fiasco, with the discount on my order submit page and full price charged in my confirmation. I called Amazon and their response was, "Coupon? What coupon?"

Here are some of this Friday's deals:
:360::ps3: Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition $15
:360::ps3: Max Payne 3 $15
:360::ps3: Borderlands 2 $25

And we're going to need to possibly wait at the usual time the show starts to get the link to purchase them like always, right?

[quote name='CheapyD']Here are some of this Friday's deals:
:360::ps3: Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition $15
:360::ps3: Max Payne 3 $15
:360::ps3: Borderlands 2 $25[/QUOTE]

Is this in addition or replacement of the lightning deals for MP3 and GTA 4 Complete? Those two are scheduled to appear at 1:10 PM for the same price.

Just traded my BL2 for $35.70 but if I can get it back for $25 I will be all over this. I should really write out a schedule for the next few days to be sure I do not miss anything.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Just traded my BL2 for $35.70 but if I can get it back for $25 I will be all over this. I should really write out a schedule for the next few days to be sure I do not miss anything.[/QUOTE]Excel helps for times like these. :)

[quote name='superhippy1986']Wait what is this? Confusing me.. Friday we can get borderlands 2 for $25? Or is this a contest?[/QUOTE]

Gamespot runs a QVC-like program on Twitch.tv for about 30 minutes starting at 2pm PDT. They're having at least 3 deals which Cheapyd posted. Be on at that time, there will be a link, you purchase the item at the discounted price.

Similar to watching QVC. It'll be this Friday at 2pm PDT unless they change up the time due to BF.

[quote name='Foladar']Gamespot runs a QVC-like program on Twitch.tv for about 30 minutes starting at 2pm PDT. They're having at least 3 deals which Cheapyd posted. Be on at that time, there will be a link, you purchase the item at the discounted price.

Similar to watching QVC. It'll be this Friday at 2pm PDT unless they change up the time due to BF.[/QUOTE]

Oh..... You know I wish Amazon had the brains and the balls to have Borderlands 2 at that price so I wouldn't have to hope I get a copy with this QVC type thing...

[quote name='superhippy1986']Oh..... You know I wish Amazon had the brains and the balls to have Borderlands 2 at that price so I wouldn't have to hope I get a copy with this QVC type thing...[/QUOTE]

Its funny that you should say that....

[quote name='superhippy1986']Oh..... You know I wish Amazon had the brains and the balls to have Borderlands 2 at that price so I wouldn't have to hope I get a copy with this QVC type thing...[/QUOTE]

It's just a link given out on the twitch.tv Gamespot stream that takes you to Amazon. As long as you're paying attention, I would say you shouldn't have any issues. I'm sure the links will be posted here too as they come, but it's limited supplies, so buy fast.

[quote name='elessar123']Been using Google Docs this year.[/QUOTE]

Me too. It's awesome because I can view/update it at work, which I LOVE!

Also, I think I may need to cave in on BL2 for $25. Very good deal and should be easily accessible.

[quote name='Foladar']It's just a link given out on the twitch.tv Gamespot stream that takes you to Amazon. As long as you're paying attention, I would say you shouldn't have any issues. I'm sure the links will be posted here too as they come, but it's limited supplies, so buy fast.[/QUOTE]

And I could use amazon prime shipping?!

At 2:07 AM Central time Borderlands 2, Medal of Honor and Need For Speed Most Wanted were sold out online. Also the games are the same price as in store. I did manage to buy Forza Horizons for $15.

Note the new time:

WHEN: Friday, November 23 @ 1PM PT / 4PM ET Please note new time only this week!
WHERE: Click Here
MORE INFO:
The actual Black Fridays episode is here and this week's show will showcase a line up of console games including an incredible deal on Borderlands 2! Supplies are limited so tune in at 1PM(PST) to take advantage of these offers! Past episodes have included hot deals on Starcraft 2, Hotline: Miami, and Assassin's Creed 3. Some offers sold out in minutes so tune in Friday @ 1PM PT / 4PM ET so you don't miss out on the offers. Offers are valid only in the US.

Edit: PC vs. console deal comments already starting...LoL

BTW looks like they may have messed up. Borderlands 2 was $34.99 and had a coupon for $14.99 off. In the end I scored a new copy of BL2 on 360 for $20 :)

bread's done
Back