Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

[quote name='Trakan']It's not just a "slight" discount. It's 25%. It's like buying 3 and getting the 4th free.[/QUOTE]
Usually when you buy a season pass there's some incentive to wait a couple of months for DLC. That's what I meant there really is no reason to spend 2400 points right now.
There's are the only season passes I've bought but I'm sure each one has some kind of reward for buying now.
Gears of war = weapon skins
Saint's row = cars/AI ally

[quote name='opterasis']Bleh, I'm level 38, stuck on the Dam Rescue or whatever mission where you have to rescue Roland, but I can't seem to find anything good upgrades for guns, and every group I find just wants to ride around in vehicles for hours. If anyone's bored and wants to help a brotha, Opterasis on XBL[/QUOTE]

I'm replaying this on true vault hunter mode got to the constructor ran out of rocket ammo used a quick travel right next to the boss spawn thinking I could go back there was no quick travel back to the constructor. It's pretty hard to do this solo when you have mediocre weapons I've lost a shit load of money.

And so it begins...

So much for the "We don't care if it's OP so long as it's fun" sentiment indeed. Funny considering I thought the shield was fairly balanced and only used it for farming purposes. Regardless the split second this game mirrors ME3 MP in any way, shape or form it's getting sold quick. I have zero tolerance for a select minority of the fanbase given free reign to impose their personal definitions of 'fun', 'balance' and 'variety' upon me in both SP and MP formats.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']And so it begins...

So much for the "We don't care if it's OP so long as it's fun" sentiment indeed. Funny considering I thought the shield was fairly balanced and only used it for farming purposes. Regardless the split second this game mirrors ME3 MP in any way, shape or form it's getting sold quick. I have zero tolerance for a select minority of the fanbase given free reign to impose their personal definitions of 'fun', 'balance' and 'variety' upon me in both SP and MP formats.[/QUOTE]
I agree. Unless it's actually a bug or glitch (and "We didn't fully think through how overpowered the Bee/Conference Call combo would be" is an oversight, not a programming error), they should just leave it alone.

A kind soul gave me a bunch of legendary weapons, now I am rolling in orange. The only thing I really need is a level 50 Legendary Siren mod to replace the low level one I found in a vending machine.

[quote name='GUNNM']I've never even heard of this bee shield till now.[/QUOTE]

Same here and I'm seeing no info about it in those threads/tweets. What is it exactly and what makes it so great?

When combined with the legendary shotgun, Conference Call, people have been able to kill Terramorphous in a few seconds due to the insane amount of damage that the amp damage from that shield adds to the shotgun.

[quote name='blindinglights']When combined with the legendary shotgun, Conference Call, people have been able to kill Terramorphous in a few seconds due to the insane amount of damage that the amp damage from that shield adds to the shotgun.[/QUOTE]

yup, i've killed Terra in about 10 seconds playing solo using that combo.

Well maybe people wouldn't cheese the bosses with the bee/cc if the loot drop rates weren't so atrocious. 50 hours at level 40 and NO legendary drops. Absolutely none. Barely even any purples when playing solo. As much as I enjoy this game, it feels a little too clinical in some aspects and the loot is one. The loot randomness of the first game is gone.

I got a Bee Shield from Neds' Machine at the the Slaughterhouse (not the dlc one). Not a legendary drop and stats arent as good. I think it only has 328 for shield. I only grabbed because of everyone talking about it a couple of days ago. Just earned the mission where I can earn the real one. Wonder if it will drop when I have a lower class one.

[quote name='panda911']Well maybe people wouldn't cheese the bosses with the bee/cc if the loot drop rates weren't so atrocious. 50 hours at level 40 and NO legendary drops. Absolutely none. Barely even any purples when playing solo. As much as I enjoy this game, it feels a little too clinical in some aspects and the loot is one. The loot randomness of the first game is gone.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It really does seem like loot is not that random. I remember in the first BL opening cases which had higher level equipment that I couldnt even use. I have never run across that in BL2 yet. Level 25 now... just seems odd.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Agreed. It really does seem like loot is not that random. I remember in the first BL opening cases which had higher level equipment that I couldnt even use. I have never run across that in BL2 yet. Level 25 now... just seems odd.[/QUOTE]

Yeh, stuff like that. I've only see higher level loot when there's 4 players and even then it's just white junk. There seems to be less chests in general and most of the time, they're filled with 2 white/1 green. Vending machines are almost always 1 green/rest white unless the deal is a blue. In BL1, you could buy purples out of vending machines regularly. Orange guns could drop from anyone and not just specific bosses that required farming. In BL1, it was the best getting a level 26 hellfire and only replacing it when I got a level 45 one by naturally playing through the course of the game. All of that is gone and I really don't care for the manufacturer' traits. I think they all kinda suck. I think I'm done with BL2 and might just send it back to BBY for $43. Don't even want to wait for the mechromancer.

Not sure if this has been brought up or not but after reading around on the Gearbox boards, it seems that someone did an experiment on PC with the Vault Hunter Relic. Set it to like +10000% rare loot or something and it basically just removed white guns and replaced them with green ones, while having no apparent effect on blue, purple, or orange drops. So if any of you guys are still clinging onto it, you might as well ditch it in favor of something more useful.

I believe Drops in the first game were based off your Weapon Proficiency. Here, it feels like opening a CCG/TCG Booster Pack with a set number of commons/uncommons per chest with a chance at a rare or special card.

It's not a bad system, but there needs to be a way to increase your chances of getting better loot through merit rather than complete luck. But as-is, it promotes a lot of grinding, which in turn detracts from the game's overall enjoyment.

Also, you can't sell the Vault Hunter Relic. The game won't let you.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Agreed. It really does seem like loot is not that random. I remember in the first BL opening cases which had higher level equipment that I couldnt even use. I have never run across that in BL2 yet. Level 25 now... just seems odd.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too. That happened all the time in the original game and I liked it. It made it more strategic as to what to carry that was useful vs. stuffing inventory with items I can't use until later. It also gave me something to look forward to at "level up" time in addition to my skill point.

So far in BL2 it's happened to me once, and probably only because my co-op partner is about 4 levels above me. I currently have a weapon and a class mod that I can't use for another level or two. Also these came from enemy drops not loot boxes.

This was probably an intentional "fix" as most people probably hated it in the first game.

[quote name='KingBroly']Also, you can't sell the Vault Hunter Relic. The game won't let you.[/QUOTE]

But you can stash it in your bank and equip something more useful. That's what I meant.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm not concerned with whether or not something is rare. I just want to get equipment that's better than what I have. If its rare and has extra attributes, great. If not, that's cool too.

I've replaced purple and even orange items because I've found better whites. Maybe when I hit 50 I'll worry about finding some rare items. Right now, I want damage and as much of it as possible.

I don't even check stats on white or green guns anymore. I never saw a white or green gun with better stats than a rarer one unless it was higher level and/or different type of weapon (white launcher versus orange pistol, etc.).

[quote name='Ziv']I don't know about you guys, but I'm not concerned with whether or not something is rare. I just want to get equipment that's better than what I have. If its rare and has extra attributes, great. If not, that's cool too.

I've replaced purple and even orange items because I've found better whites. Maybe when I hit 50 I'll worry about finding some rare items. Right now, I want damage and as much of it as possible.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I do the same. And I don't know that I'll do the 2nd, more difficult run through, so I probably won't be so hardcore into trying to find uber rare weapons and shields.

But maybe I will since I've got some friends playing this who'll probably do multiple run throughs.

[quote name='blindinglights']Not sure if this has been brought up or not but after reading around on the Gearbox boards, it seems that someone did an experiment on PC with the Vault Hunter Relic. Set it to like +10000% rare loot or something and it basically just removed white guns and replaced them with green ones, while having no apparent effect on blue, purple, or orange drops. So if any of you guys are still clinging onto it, you might as well ditch it in favor of something more useful.[/QUOTE]
Wow, that's fucked up. That's pretty much the only relic I run with. Thanks for the heads-up

[quote name='blindinglights']Not sure if this has been brought up or not but after reading around on the Gearbox boards, it seems that someone did an experiment on PC with the Vault Hunter Relic. Set it to like +10000% rare loot or something and it basically just removed white guns and replaced them with green ones, while having no apparent effect on blue, purple, or orange drops. So if any of you guys are still clinging onto it, you might as well ditch it in favor of something more useful.[/QUOTE]

I read this a week or so ago too and switched over to the xp boost relic. Here is the link to the thread:

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=159387

Appreciate the heads up on the relic BL. I skimmed through the thread and found the information you mentioned specifically:
So I just investigated the Vault Hunter Relic data.

It modifies two attributes:

GD_Balance.Weighting.GearDrops_RareWeightModifier: +0.05

GD_Balance.Weighting.GearDrops_CommonWeightModifie r: -0.06

Let's set them to +100.00 and -100.00!

Net result: I have not seen a single white weapon drop, greens drop, seen a few blues. Nothing else.

So, what I can gauge from this, is that it shifts a 5% of your chance for whites into non-whites. Doesn't touch anything else. Very low impact, perhaps bordering on useless
Thx, that explains it.

The relic will not change the absolute droprate, but the probability of drops being rare (>white).

So it is basically 5% increase OF the probability to get rare loot, and not 5% more chance to get rare loot.

When needing to kill 1000 enemies to get one rare item X without it, you will now need to kill 950 enemies instead to get it. (the other way around would have been totally overpowered because that would mean that instead of 1000 enemies, now you would have to kill only 20 to get a "rare" item.
Even for the early game with new characters the relic is indeed completely useless. Much more efficient to hoard cash for the slots on the come up and only keep it equipped until you've found something better. Once I get back to this game I'll retire it permanently. Not sure why I still use it though when it seems every new profile my drop rate raises from the near abysmal odds during the initial playthrough.

I did score my one and only Orange (a Hornet) in my first profile from Knuckle Dragger though which is something. I had no clue it was legendary until a couple of weeks ago. I've got at least four legendaries between Zer0 and Axton now. Most of which are pretty mediocre due to character level.

Thanks. I ditched it a long time ago and felt kinda bad, but now I don't.

[quote name='Spybreak8']I used my pre-order artifact up until I got a bunch of nice second wind ones for my Gunzerker.[/QUOTE]

I pretty much only use Action Skill cooldown relics so far. Found one a while ago that cut my Deception's cooldown by 20% and I'm having a hard time turning back.

Very curious as to whether the Infinity Pistol works with the Ordered Chaos tree. Specifically SLF and Anarchy. Interesting synergy between it, Blood Soaked and Discord. I hate how electric element oriented LBT is and I'm only interested in the DT skills and the final two from BFF.

I have to admit this tempered my hype for Gaige a bit. If DT isn't worth the ridiculously high cooldown rate then I may be struggling to finish a playthrough with her as I am with Maya.

Pitchford tweeted this, curious to see what it is.

@DuvalMagic: There may be a big surprise from us within the next 24 hours or so. Stay tuned!

Probably something to compete with the release of Dishonored and the new ME3 MP DLC tomorrow. Either way I hope it's worth stalking his twitter page and I don't miss out on it.

Thank you, I'll equip something else for sure now.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Probably something to compete with the release of Dishonored and the new ME3 MP DLC tomorrow. Either way I hope it's worth stalking his twitter page and I don't miss out on it.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing it's an early release for Gaige.

Just want to publicly thank Necromantix (not sure what his CAG name is) for taking a few hours this morning and helping me get from 39 to 43, and majorly progressing me through the story. It was greatly appreciated.

[quote name='Javery']Just started the first game. Man I've got a long road ahead.[/QUOTE]

A long road indeed... You may be sick of Borderlands by the time you get to #2. >_>

Gaige sounds awesome. Dunno if I could stand to play through the game, again, so soon, though. Probably have to power level her up instead...

Edit: I don't know if I'd be sure that the Mechro would be ready, so soon. Remember Microsoft's tedious certification process? They'd have had to be done with her before this week, I think. I guess it's possible... PS3 and PC would get it, at least.

Anyone else underwhelmed by Gaige's trees. They seem to be interesting and different but I don't know if the quirks are worth the effort. It would be annoying to build up stacks of anarchy only to lose them when you accidentally reload trying to open chest/pick up ammo. I guess it depends on how good deathclap is and how damaging the melee override is. It also doesn't help that the elemental she specializes in are IMO the lesser two (shock and explosion). We'll see.

[quote name='Rhett']A long road indeed... You may be sick of Borderlands by the time you get to #2. >_>[/QUOTE]Quite possibly... I pretty much soloed the first game all the way through (had no one on the friends list playing at the times I was online or close to my level) and stopped twice before getting through it all. (Then found someone to play the first with and made much better progress through it on my second playthrough and DLC.)

That said, anyone playing the first hang in there, the second is a much better experience for a solo player.. (As I've pretty much soloed this one too.)

Which sort of brings me to this...

I'm getting ready to get on, I'm playing a first playthrough level 31 commando, and should be online most of the night/morning so if anyone is looking to team up send me a friend request.

Looks like I guessed right.

Untitled.jpg

The final raspberry (I don't like cherries as much) on this cake is that Gearbox decided to release the DLC early. So while it was originally slated for an October 16th release, players on all platforms—Xbox 360, PS3, PC—will be able to download the Mechromancer by the end of today (October 9th). And you should, because she's great.

Yep pitchford just tweeted it also. Tomorrow's going to be a good day.
@DuvalMagic: So - here's the surprise, Mechromancer for Borderlands 2 is ready about a week earlier than I promised. Oct 9, all platforms. Woo!

Randy Pitchford ‏@DuvalMagic
So - here's the surprise, Mechromancer for Borderlands 2 is ready about a week earlier than I promised. Oct 9, all platforms. Woo!

^Ninja'd

[quote name='Trakan']Wow, Gaige's tree is crazy.[/QUOTE]

I am having a hard time figuring out if half the stuff in it actually helps you or not.

LOL.

So much for the suspense. I think I'm going to settle on an autopilot tank build for her and let Deathtrap do all the heavy lifting. Basically a much meater version of my current Axton build - 31 in BFF / 14 LBT / 0 OC. I'll dabble with Ordered Chaos when I have the necessary tolerance to grind for decent weapons to make the most out of it. I'm positive by the time I get around to it staple builds will have flooded the community anyway.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']LOL.

So much for the suspense. I think I'm going to settle on an autopilot tank build for her and let Deathtrap do all the heavy lifting. Basically a much meater version of my current Axton build - 31 in BFF / 14 LBT / 0 OC. I'll dabble with Ordered Chaos when I have the necessary tolerance to grind for decent weapons to make the most out of it. I'm positive by the time I get around to it staple builds will have flooded the community anyway.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to at least try that build, but I'm really liking the shock elemental tree. Nothing in the game really resists shock damage, plus it fucks shields.

My current opinion of Deathtrap (Lvl. 6 Gaige):
Pros
- Tanked the fuck out. (Seriously.)
- Very aggressive. (Very serious.)
- Max duration is pretty damn close to the full minute cooldown - 50 - 60 Seconds. (Seriously so serious right now.)

- Extremely mobile so it'll close gaps fast and heights ain't got shit on 'em. Think the Sentry Bots from RAGE and all the stupid hilarious things they were capable of like scaling a wall out of nowhere or jumping to and off ledges to stab enemies in the face. Occasionally it will take the same initiative.

- Has both close quarter and ranged attacks: Melee & Laser Beam. Melee does around 48 - 70 DMG per swipe at this level, but the start up and recovery frames make it rather slow. The Laser Beam is a single stream and pinpoint accurate capable of one-shotting Rakk in midair from any distance.

Cons
- Once summoned DT is locked in for max duration. You cannot cancel him to save cooldown which makes use a bit more tactical than Axton's turret. Do you start off every battle with it or save it for a hasty retreat?

- Though it has both short and long options the AI unfortunately has preferences. Ground units get the melee rush while air units get sniped with lasers. It appears you can't decide which is used and when.

- The melee itself is pretty underwhelming at the moment making the Little Big Trouble skill tree feel essential for a more offense oriented Deathtrap. At the very least speccing for Robot Rampage from the Ordered Chaos tree for more swipes which (for now) is something I don't plan on doing.

Best Friends Forever
is seems tailor made for co-op play and super tank builds where DT is more of distraction and aggro battery than anything else. You also can't cheese your way into boosting/stacking its melee output through weapon equips either. Class mods and trees only I'm afraid.

Overall I dig the bot though hopefully I can round out is offensive capabilities without speccing deeper into LBT if the melee doesn't scale adequately. I reeeeaaaaallllyyyy don't want to have to kill everything myself this playthrough.

bread's done
Back