Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

I copied my saves to the cloud. Never used it before but I'd imagine it'd work just like a usb drive for storage.

[quote name='Fearia']No idea. I'm using the cloud as a backup, in hopes that will work. No news on what causes this issue, but I had it happen to me (but not my wife's character). Hoping it doesn't happen again, as I lost a good 600 badass rank and all my skins :([/QUOTE]

Yeah I've unlocked a bunch if skins and heads (30 or so) & my badass rank is over 1100. I'd be pretty upset if I lost it all. Thanks for the heads up on this. Sorry to hear you lost yours, hopefully gearbox finds some sort of fix.

The really crappy part is that Borderlands 2 doesn't support the cloud saves. Then again, it would probably synch your bad save anyway if it got borked.

hdVhf.png

I'm going to take 1-3 days off from this game to charge my batteries on it. I just feel so exhausted by everything it's trying to throw at me. But it honestly just feels empty to me, and I can't really describe it any better than that without going into detail.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm going to take 1-3 days off from this game to charge my batteries on it. I just feel so exhausted by everything it's trying to throw at me. But it honestly just feels empty to me, and I can't really describe it any better than that without going into detail.[/QUOTE]

I found that when I'm starting to get bored with it, listening to podcasts makes it a lot more tolerable.

[quote name='atomicsmurf']I hear the "field of vision" is smaller on the xbox 360 for this game, and has caused some folks to get motion sickness. Anybody else notice anything like this?
I am a bit prone to getting motion sickness in certain games, but I think the guy that experienced it had played long hours non-stop. I usually put 3-4 hours in a night before bed.
Thanks for any advice! I'm very close to making a purchase on this game.[/QUOTE]

I actually noticed this right when I first started. I thought it was the change in sway from the first game, but I felt a little bit of motion sickness right when I first started playing but it went away.

I'm really enjoying the game a lot, but I don't play every day.

One request: if you join somebody's game and have already played the part being played, please don't presume that the others have played it too, and then blow through all the missions.

[quote name='Brother Daz']That's why I'm running my first playthrough solo. I learned my lesson with BL1 and people just flying through the missions.[/QUOTE]
I'm with you on this and doing the same. I'll play a lil while with some friends on my list but thats about it

Just got an orange shield...

Fabled Tortoise (req level 29)
Capacity 12982 (!)
Recharge Rate 918 (!)
Recharge Delay 3.13
Max Health -2080

Win by a hare
Movement speed reduced while active
(UGH - sprinting is slower than walking without the mod)
Movement speed increases when depleted. (Run speed increases depending on how low shields are)

Awesome shield, but the run speed is just awful... Great for bosses or tanks, though. I love using turtle shields as it is, but this one has me on the fence.

I wish the weapons were sorted by type, I like to keep at least one or two of each weapon in inventory but I hate having to search everything to find them.

[quote name='ZForce915']I wish the weapons were sorted by type, I like to keep at least one or two of each weapon in inventory but I hate having to search everything to find them.[/QUOTE]

I believe there's a button you can press (usually Y) to sort them, while looking at them. Not sure, though.

I don't know what it is about this game. I want to like it, but I just can't seem to. I feel like for every good thing it does it has 2-3 things that are on my cardinal list of game design sins. This game feels so padded it hurts. The problem is the game has so much content in it that it shouldn't need padding like areas being too big, enemies taking too long to kill, enemies scaling with you, a stretched story pace, etc. I feel like the game is good enough in its' own right that these design choices really confuse me, and don't make me want to play the game after an initial playthrough.

And to be honest, that truly does suck. Because the story's and characters are great, there's more gun variety so that I've rarely ran across the same gun more than once, the style continues to impress me, but there's just so much holding me back from saying 'OMG AWESOME!' that I just don't want to play it anymore.

[quote name='KingBroly']I don't know what it is about this game. I want to like it, but I just can't seem to. I feel like for every good thing it does it has 2-3 things that are on my cardinal list of game design sins. This game feels so padded it hurts. The problem is the game has so much content in it that it shouldn't need padding like areas being too big, enemies taking too long to kill, enemies scaling with you, a stretched story pace, etc. I feel like the game is good enough in its' own right that these design choices really confuse me, and don't make me want to play the game after an initial playthrough.

And to be honest, that truly does suck. Because the story's and characters are great, there's more gun variety so that I've rarely ran across the same gun more than once, the style continues to impress me, but there's just so much holding me back from saying 'OMG AWESOME!' that I just don't want to play it anymore.[/QUOTE]

Why keep posting that you don't like it over and over again? What is it going to accomplish? Do you want us to run to its rescue and try to sway you back into it's good graces? What is the meaning of life? If you don't like it, stop playing it.

Everyone is too busy nitpicking the hell out of every game these days that they can't just sit down and mindlessly enjoy a fun & entertaining game. Yeah, I feel the enemies take too long to kill at times (depending what you're facing, etc -- those badass midgets in Fink's Slaughterhouse took my buddy and I a good 5 minutes to kill) but if you stop trying to be a video game critic and just sit back and enjoy -- you'll find that video games are far more fun.

However, you did post that you needed to recharge your batteries for a few days -- so step back and enjoy something else, then give it another go. If it doesn't win you over, move on.

tl;dr - Wah. ;)

I'm not nitpicking it. I'm just frustrated and disheartened by it. And when enemies scale to me, I'm not being a critic when I say it's just a game design choice I despise. It sucked in Oblivion. It sucked in Skyrim. It sucked in the Underdome. And it sucks here too.

Finally made it to PT2 after delaying it a day or two, because I felt my weapons were kinda weak. Blasted through it easily, though.. Even got a Volcano! (sniper rifle from the original)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll never understand for the life of me why people seem to take any negative critique about any video game here personally. Ignoring a post takes less than a second honestly.

Anyway... I found a list of enemies that drop rare loot (mid and end game bosses are mixed in hence the tag):
Assault Rifles
Madhouse - Mad Dog, Lynchwood
Veruc - Mobley, The Dust
Hammer Buster - Old Slappy
KerBlaster - Midge-mong, Southern Shelf
Shredifier - Bonehead 2.0, Arid Nexus

Pistols
Gub - Laney, The Fridge
Hornet - Knuckledragger, Southern Shelf
Maggie - Mick Zafod, The Dust (Side with Hodunks)
Thunderball Fists - Captain Flynt, Southern Shelf
Gunerang - Rakk Man, The Fridge
Unkempt Harold - Unknown
Infinity - Doc Mercy
Logan's Gun - Wilhelm

Rocket Launcher
Badaboom - King Mong, Eridian Blight
Pyrophobia - Incinerator Clayton, Frostburn Canyon
Norfleet - Unknown
Bunny - Chubby enemies
Nukem - Black Queen, The Dust
Mongol - Dukino's Mom, Lynchwood

Shotguns
Conference Call - The Warrior
Striker - Unknown
Deliverance - Tumba, Wildlife Preserve
Flakker - The Warrior
Sledge's Shotgun - Smash Head, The Fridge

Sniper
Pitchfork - Terramorphus?
Invader - Unknown
Skullmasher - Son of Mothrakk, Wildlife Preserve
Volcanoe - The Warrior
Lyudmila - Gettle, The Dust
Longbow - Badass Creeper, Caustic Cavern
White Death - One of the bosses from "The Good, The Bad, and The Mordecai", The Dust

SMG
Slagga - Hodunk, The Dust
Emperor - The Assassins, Southpaw Steam & Power
Female Dog - The Warrior, BNK3R?
Hellfire - Scorch, Fropstburn Canyon / The Warrior
Baby Maker - Madame Von Bartlesby / Mad Dog, Lynchwood

Shields
The Transformer - Pimon, Wildlife Preserve
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot - Chubby Enemies
The Sham - BNk3R
The Bee - Hunter Hellquist, Arid Nexus Badlands
Fabled Tortoise - Blue, Caustic Caverns
Black Hole - Foreman, Opportunity
Impaler - The Warrior?
Neogenator - Spycho, Frostburn Canyon

Grenades
Bonus Package - Bewm, Southern Shelf
Bouncing Bonnie - Loot Midgets
Fastball - Boll, Three Horns
Fire Bee - Unknown
Leech - The Warrior?
Quasar - Ultimate Badass Varkid
Rolling Thunder - Old Slappy
Storm Front - Unknown

And though I shouldn't be given the core game play I'm still rather surprised by how greedy the community is overall. It's starting to kill my interest in co-op entirely.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I'll never understand for the life of me why people seem to take any negative critique about any video game here personally. Ignoring a post takes less than a second honestly.

Anyway... I found a list of enemies that drop rare loot (mid and end game bosses are mixed in hence the tag):
Assault Rifles
Madhouse - Mad Dog, Lynchwood
Veruc - Mobley, The Dust
Hammer Buster - Old Slappy
KerBlaster - Midge-mong, Southern Shelf
Shredifier - Bonehead 2.0, Arid Nexus

Pistols
Gub - Laney, The Fridge
Hornet - Knuckledragger, Southern Shelf
Maggie - Mick Zafod, The Dust (Side with Hodunks)
Thunderball Fists - Captain Flynt, Southern Shelf
Gunerang - Rakk Man, The Fridge
Unkempt Harold - Unknown
Infinity - Doc Mercy
Logan's Gun - Wilhelm

Rocket Launcher
Badaboom - King Mong, Eridian Blight
Pyrophobia - Incinerator Clayton, Frostburn Canyon
Norfleet - Unknown
Bunny - Chubby enemies
Nukem - Black Queen, The Dust
Mongol - Dukino's Mom, Lynchwood

Shotguns
Conference Call - The Warrior
Striker - Unknown
Deliverance - Tumba, Wildlife Preserve
Flakker - The Warrior
Sledge's Shotgun - Smash Head, The Fridge

Sniper
Pitchfork - Terramorphus?
Invader - Unknown
Skullmasher - Son of Mothrakk, Wildlife Preserve
Volcanoe - The Warrior
Lyudmila - Gettle, The Dust
Longbow - Badass Creeper, Caustic Cavern
White Death - One of the bosses from "The Good, The Bad, and The Mordecai", The Dust

SMG
Slagga - Hodunk, The Dust
Emperor - The Assassins, Southpaw Steam & Power
Female Dog - The Warrior, BNK3R?
Hellfire - Scorch, Fropstburn Canyon / The Warrior
Baby Maker - Madame Von Bartlesby / Mad Dog, Lynchwood

Shields
The Transformer - Pimon, Wildlife Preserve
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot - Chubby Enemies
The Sham - BNk3R
The Bee - Hunter Hellquist, Arid Nexus Badlands
Fabled Tortoise - Blue, Caustic Caverns
Black Hole - Foreman, Opportunity
Impaler - The Warrior?
Neogenator - Spycho, Frostburn Canyon

Grenades
Bonus Package - Bewm, Southern Shelf
Bouncing Bonnie - Loot Midgets
Fastball - Boll, Three Horns
Fire Bee - Unknown
Leech - The Warrior?
Quasar - Ultimate Badass Varkid
Rolling Thunder - Old Slappy
Storm Front - Unknown

And though I shouldn't be given the core game play I'm still rather surprised by how greedy the community is overall. It's starting to kill my interest in co-op entirely.[/QUOTE]

Awesome list, thanks! I had a similar one, but it's much less complete than this list.

Yeah, people are pretty greedy... I've only played with a few friends (who I rarely ever get to play with, even), and one of them still grabs blues/purples/etc out of reflex... he's sorta fair with loot, though. So hard to find a reliable, not-greedy, decent player team mate that doesn't take forever just to compare guns. :p

Also, PT2 is a BITCH for solo players.

[quote name='Rhett']Awesome list, thanks! I had a similar one, but it's much less complete than this list.

Yeah, people are pretty greedy... I've only played with a few friends (who I rarely ever get to play with, even), and one of them still grabs blues/purples/etc out of reflex... he's sorta fair with loot, though. So hard to find a reliable, not-greedy, decent player team mate that doesn't take forever just to compare guns. :p

Also, PT2 is a BITCH for solo players.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... I'm pretty disappointed there aren't more ways to boost the rare loot drop percentage for solo players besides the Vault Hunter Relic, but I suppose that comes with the territory. I never was into loot centric grindfests as I need a strong narrative or varied gameplay backing it to justify the repetition. ME3 MP was a weird exception for me.

Regardless Borderlands 2 has impressed me overall (lackluster endgame aside...) Gearbox managed to fix every serious gripe I had about the first game without taking their core audience for granted as they butcher mechanics for more dames and dough. Well done. I'm definitely going to at least finish a playthrough with all the characters and wait to see if DLC can help cement a permanent place for it in my library.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I was too late on that one.

He tweeted 15m ago that he's posting more in a bit.[/QUOTE]And boy did he ever, sort of. He posted that each code was good for 100 uses and each redemption provided TEN golden keys to the user. I had the game up and ready to enter the code and continuously refreshed twitter, but missed out probably because I put a 5 in one spot instead of an F. I do that mistype a lot for some reason. Anyway it was fully redeemed by the time I fixed it and submitted it again which was less than a minute. Turns out the codes didn't work right and only gave one golden key each. He said there would be some big giveaway tweets tomorrow. I'll probably be at work and unable to enter codes when it goes down.

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']what no Ps3 love?[/QUOTE]
Screencap just didn't get it as he posted codes for all three platforms each time.

yeah this game rocks, i had some frustrating moments trying to locate some echo locators...and to my surprise they did a great job adding a few both obvious and very clever ways to hide them.

I also grin everytime I turn the boost off my catch a ride...ride.

[quote name='Rhett']I believe there's a button you can press (usually Y) to sort them, while looking at them. Not sure, though.[/QUOTE]

It's RT/LT, but THANK YOU. I somehow overlooked that and this game just became more enjoyable. Now I can see I'm clearly holding too many pistols. I need a bitchin' assault rifle.

Anyone who's beaten the game, does sidequest completion carry over into New Game +? I'm curious as to how that works.

Also, Mamaril has disappeared from my game, I think since
Sanctuary took off

I still have yet to see a purple class mod (only thing I still need for the all-purples achievement), or an orange anything.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Anyone who's beaten the game, does sidequest completion carry over into New Game +? I'm curious as to how that works.

Sanctuary took off

I still have yet to see a purple class mod (only thing I still need for the all-purples achievement), or an orange anything.[/QUOTE]he was gone for me also after that point. I dont know how far into the game you are after that point but he did show back up for me last night after completing a story quest. Without going into too much detail, he showed back up after completing the quest that has to do with mordecai and bloodwing.

maybe if you score some golden key codes the chest might Git u one!

have you tried the slut machines? oh yes I said it. I got...a blew from that >.>

[quote name='Brother Daz']he was gone for me also after that point. I dont know how far into the game you are after that point but he did show back up for me last night after completing a story quest. Without going into too much detail, he showed back up after completing the quest that has to do with mordecai and bloodwing.[/QUOTE]
I'm further than that. According to the wiki he has a 10% chance to spawn after Bright Lights, Flying City is completed, but I don't even think that's true in my game, I've searched his spawn points every time I travel to Sanctuary (dozens of times) and haven't seen him once.

Not much luck from the slot machines, I've spent a ton of money on them and the best I've seen was a single unimpressive blue. I did however get a couple of incredible purple elemental SMGs from tipping Moxxi. I always roll with one fire-elemental SMG and one corrosive-elemental SMG, you can pretty much handle anything in the game with that combo.

Also, it's waaay worth farming the Creepers to get the Minecraft-themed shotgun, it's incredible. It shoots 9 bouncing, fire-elemental blocks in a square pattern. If you hit an enemy with all 9, good night. I'm dreading the day when I outlevel that gun and I really hope you can farm higher leveled versions.

At an early level I found an Orange pistol in one of those small cardbord boxes, Dastardly Maggie.

I used the damn thing up until level 19. It's a revolver that fires as fast as you can pull the trigger, but acts like a shotgun and fires 6 rounds per 1 ammo.

The only thing I've found in the small cardboard boxes are ammo for guns I don't use or have. Hell at level 14 I was still using level 7 guns because I couldn't find anything better, sad to say. Drops are a little better now for me since I've played Finks Slaughterhouse several times, but good god, beating that with severely underpowered weapons made it so much harder than it should have been.

i plays the slots everytime i return to sanct and visit moxxxie, i tip moxxie for tiger growl every so often but i haven't given her enough yet to break my bank and coax her to give me anything good yet. aside from the blue i got from the slots, i did win a few eridium bars which was a nice surprise. i really like how they made that a form of currency w/the blackmarket instead of just buying your storage upgrades/ammo reserves through missions and $.

a few more levels and finally hitting the 3rd tier for that 1st power that defines your build.

[quote name='100xp']i plays the slots everytime i return to sanct and visit moxxxie, i tip moxxie for tiger growl every so often but i haven't given her enough yet to break my bank and coax her to give me anything good yet. aside from the blue i got from the slots, i did win a few eridium bars which was a nice surprise. i really like how they made that a form of currency w/the blackmarket instead of just buying your storage upgrades/ammo reserves through missions and $.

a few more levels and finally hitting the 3rd tier for that 1st power that defines your build.[/QUOTE]

XP, what level are you? You should hop on with me and Lively one of these nights.

[quote name='IanKazimer']XP, what level are you? You should hop on with me and Lively one of these nights.[/QUOTE]

i think i just hit 13. my time is divided between, diablo 3, bl2, and life...so generally i'll be on later in the evenings. jelks plays a lot...i think he has 3 characters all in their high teens and one in their 20's. holy crap man.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Borderlands 2 lowers the gore, upsets the fans

Does anybody really care about this? Seems like Destructoid is reaching to come up with something "controversial" about the game.[/QUOTE]

personally, i think the humor in the game is making it so much more satisfying...and the fact that now when you elementally put something down it's visually and audibly better. the scorched bodies while they're running at you, when they're shocked to death they spew gibberish, i haven't acid bathed anything yet. while the head doesn't go "pop" when you shot it, the goliath's having some meat and brain stem is pretty gory and absent from the 1st one.

BL2's violence and PG13 gore seems more aimed at hilarity and it works well. I don't really miss it at all.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Anyone who's beaten the game, does sidequest completion carry over into New Game +? I'm curious as to how that works.

Sanctuary took off

I still have yet to see a purple class mod (only thing I still need for the all-purples achievement), or an orange anything.[/QUOTE]

He's definitely a lot rarer... but he can also spawn in so many different places. I've seen him once, since that quest. (and that's with an 18 Siren and a 36 Commando)

Purple class mods are very rare up through level 30+... I've found maybe 4-5 of them, and a few on vending machines. There are supposedly even legendary class mods... Regardless, you may want to hold onto any you find.

Anybody seen any shields with health regen (ala wee wee's super booster from BL 1!) or any ammo regen weapons? I did a quick Google search but didn't see anything. Just wondering if they are out there or if we are going to have to rely on skill tree/class mod.

[quote name='bordjon']Anybody seen any shields with health regen (ala wee wee's super booster from BL 1!) or any ammo regen weapons? I did a quick Google search but didn't see anything. Just wondering if they are out there or if we are going to have to rely on skill tree/class mod.[/QUOTE]
I have yet to find a shield with health regen, or ammo regenerating weapons. I've had to rely on a class mod for my health regen.

bread's done
Back