Borderlands 2

I have an Nvidia voucher so of course getting this day 1 if anyone wants to get together and play.

Steam: ctr904

For what it's worth Mr. Unger is selling Season Pass codes for $17 paypal in the trading section.

I went ahead and updated the first page of this thread.

If you guys are trying to find people to play with, go ahead and post your info on the front page. Super simple:

:
j-cart: j-cart weekly 8pm-midnight PST

If you want to add me or anyone for BL2 games, please inform the person you are adding who you are (your CAG name) and that you are looking for a BL2 co-op buddy.

See you guys soon on the newly upgraded wastelands!

[quote name='SEH']GMG has the Season Pass on sale now for $22.50 with code.[/QUOTE]
Season passes have to be the biggest scam I've seen in recent years. Pay us now and we'll put out expansions whenever, if ever. Doesn't matter if we do a shitty job, if the content sucks, or get shut down before we produce it because we already have your money. While technically it might be a deal for some people, you lose all voting power once you plunk the money down. Just keep that in mind before throwing your money away. Besides, 'GOTY' editions are only a year away. . .

Well technically with the deals that are out there, you can get BL2 and all of the DLC for under $60.

So in hindsight, it is a deal. Though I completely agree that the season pass is even worse than just being dlc.

At least we know that it'll be 4 pieces of campaign DLC and can look to the first game for an example of what to expect. Some devs seem to just toss-out the season pass and not say word one about the nature of the content.

[quote name='Jodou']Season passes have to be the biggest scam I've seen in recent years. Pay us now and we'll put out expansions whenever, if ever. Doesn't matter if we do a shitty job, if the content sucks, or get shut down before we produce it because we already have your money. While technically it might be a deal for some people, you lose all voting power once you plunk the money down. Just keep that in mind before throwing your money away. Besides, 'GOTY' editions are only a year away. . .[/QUOTE]

The DLC for the first game was quality. Also, we know for sure that it will be four pieces. At least its not just a "we'll put out as many as we feel like" thing. As for the eventual GOTY version, why the hell would I wait for that when I already have the base game and can just grab all the DLC for $20 and have it when it comes out?

I got it for $36 from Greenman Gaming as well. Looking forward to some co-op. I never had the first game on PC, which is amazing because it was so cheap during the summer sale. I resisted because I own it on 360 *and* Onlive. I figured a 3rd copy would be a tad excessive, even for me.

Hit me up on Steam when the game comes out: tka.tech

Pre-load is up.

It's a 4.5GBs download despite the 13GBs-20GBs requirement and if I had to wager a guess I'd say that that discrepancy comes from Gearbox preemptively accounting for the base game + DLC. (original was 3.3GBs which basically tripled in size with the DLC)

I am going to be for sure on Tuesday 12am since the SWTOR servers go off at that time.

Hopefully that have the option to change the FOV in this game, always felt it was too "zoomed" in.

[quote name='j-cart'].
Hopefully that have the option to change the FOV in this game, always felt it was too "zoomed" in.[/QUOTE]

FOV slider confirmed.
UyCQC.jpg

pxMMd.jpg

Now if they don't allow me to disable 360 pad vibration in-game then I'm farting in some cereal damnit!

The FOV slider is definitely a welcomed addition. Going through the first one again and I have to use an editor to fix the FOV, but even that goes all fish-eyed when sprinting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just gave-up as I remember there being all of these *.INI tweaks in order to compensate for the fish-eye stuff and aim-down-sights and so on.

The same with vibration...I could never get it to stay off for some reason.

I just downloaded some editor program. For the most part its done the trick. I'm almost finished with the game once again. I think this is like my 4th or 5th play through.

I too will be ready to go once Midnight rolls around on Monday night/Tuesday morning. I'm pretty sure at least two other people in our Mumble will be as well (again, if anyone wants the info, PM me). So excited.

So excited! Got my key and purchased the season pass as well. So looking forward to this game. Add me on Steam if you want to play.

BREVITY_

I'm all set now that GMG finally sent my key. A great deal to be sure but I doubt that I'll be using them in the future due to their completely screwy key distribution model. (or at least wait until the keys are insta-generated at checkout)

Borderlands 2 and Torchlight II all pre-loaded so this here whore is ready to loot.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fell Open Ian']I'm all set now that GMG finally sent my key. A great deal to be sure but I doubt that I'll be using them in the future due to their completely screwy key distribution model. (or at least wait until the keys are insta-generated at checkout)

Borderlands 2 and Torchlight II all pre-loaded so this here whore is ready to loot.[/QUOTE]

Is it really that big of a deal? You pre-loaded on Saturday rather than Friday. What exactly did you miss out on?

Well it's a big deal when you look at their recent history with releases and see how many people either got keys after release (Sleeping Dogs) or had their money auto-refunded because they ran out of keys (Guild Wars 2).

Keep in mind that had there been a situation like Guild Wars 2 then all of those Premiere Club bonuses would have gone *poof*.

Ah, I see. I've used GMG before and never had issues. Didn't know there were problems with recent keys.

I am getting pissed at you tube. Every time I go there I see this big ad for Borderlands 2 on the main page. Stop trolling me 2K and You Tube. :lol:

Tuesday can't come soon enough.

I added me to the list. I'm probably only gonna play multiplayer on the nights my wife is home to watch the baby.

[quote name='Waughoo']I added me to the list. I'm probably only gonna play multiplayer on the nights my wife is home to watch the baby.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, know the feeling. Have 2 week old twins here. Twice the watching.

Throwing this out there one last time before tomorrow night. I've got a 100 slot Mumble with a bunch of people that will definitely be down to play this at pretty much all times. Not including myself or the two people from here that I've given the info to, I believe around six or seven of my friends will be picking this up, so roughly 10 people or so. If you're looking for some chill people to play BL2 with, let me know and I can get you the Mumble info.

I pre-ordered the game on GMG for $36.

I also went to Gearbox's Community Day event this Saturday and saw a lot gameplay. It of course looked a lot like the first one with pretty much everything improved...graphics, UI, etc.

The reviews out are really good as well.

I didn't even realize Gearbox was in Dallas until Friday. They seemed like a good bunch. They were all walking around the entire time and friendly.

I sat in on a panel on their new Aliens game, which looks pretty cool.

Well, I just bought it from Green Man. Got it for $38.40 with the extra 20% off code from here, and it was already 20% off to begin with, so... 40% haha. I'm so stoked to play it, but if I have to wait till midnight, I may not be able to play until tomorrow because of work.

If some of you don't have me on Steam yet, my username is the same as on here.

Never.pre loaded a game before. Is it playable based on a fixed timezone or is it dependant on your individual location

At 1440 you may dip under 60 FPS but a 670 is more than enough to handle BL2.

Nice to see my 470 is still able to kick it strong.

My Radeon 4830 never choked on BL, so hopefully it can handle BL2 at least for a little while until I can get a gtx 560 or something similar.

Lol, and a some trolls on SlickDeals told me the 660Ti wouldn't hold up to future games.

[quote name='SEH']
GFcom-GeForce-Borderlands-2-Performance-Chart.jpg

Very curious to see how my 670 runs this at 2560x1440. Hopefully I dont have to scale anything back.[/QUOTE]

can I get a link to the page you got that from? thanks

I just wanna know who these people are which squeak-by with minimum specs and then run games on high at 10fps.;) (gotta be a nVidia chart trying to push new GPUs)

Guys, that FPS chart that SEH posted is with all settings at max. If you lower the AA or PhysX then you will get even better frames, though of course screen tearing and jaggies may appear.

Today is a good day, SWTOR server go down tonight at midnight for maintenance and that means BL2 all night long.

12 eastern(.. http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Pre-Load according to this link)come quickly. Glad I live in central ....Extra hour!

bread's done
Back