Borderlands 2

I've loaded up and am checking it out. ^_^ If anyone cares to play with me, Add BiosElement on Steam. Probably be around for the next couple hours at least, and then all over the place tomorrow. :)

I've also got a public mumble server up for anyone who would like to use it. Details are here: http://bioshub.com/pages/about/

Going into the Extras menu option and signing up for Shift nets you a Golden Key. (not sure if it is in addition to the Premiere Club one)

[Note that Shift is Gearbox's data collection service]

edit: Also, I saw this on GAF.
38520771.png

Mission for everyone....can you replay missions after they are completed? Some of us were trying to figure it out after blowing through some missions. Fun time guys,

[quote name='6er']Mission for everyone....can you replay missions after they are completed? Some of us were trying to figure it out after blowing through some missions. Fun time guys,[/QUOTE]

I suspect you'd have to start a new game to do that, or join someone who hasn't finished them yet.

Fun games guys. Will play some more tomorrow!

Also SEH your mumble requires users to be authenticated. My internet hates skype and I would much rather use mumble instead.

game is fun but not without problems... chat is a bit of a mess and you can get stuck which is super annoying. Preorder bonus guns aren't working either as of this moment. However that said performance is rock solid game is alot of fun and they have hit the right improvements over the previous game.

have played an assassin and commando up until sanctuary on both characters.

It took me 5 hours to get to Sanctuary lol

Think I'll work on some min spec *.INI tweaks for my buddy tomorrow after some sleep.

Played about two hours or so and then blew all my money on the slot machines trying for Iridium and Costumes. Liking it so far, but I only played an alt (Zero) since I'm waiting to start my main character (Siren) this evening when I get home from work and group up with friends.

Overall liking what I see so far and the difficulty seems pretty good. Had to change the melee hotkey over to Mouse 3 since v is completely out of the way. I think I will likely change crouch to ctrl or alt since holding down c isn't as friendly to my left hand. And yes, the inventory still isn't great but it's not as bad as the first game.

Tried to put High PhysX settings since I have an i7 processor with an ATI 7950 but it hits me a little too hard when things get crazy and drops my frame rate to 15'ish with my friend playing a Siren along side me this morning. Going to try Medium and see how it goes. Obviously nVidia will have less issues since they have built in PhysX.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loving it so far. I see in the menu that there a beta you can sign up for. Wonder whats it about? Also I am in that premium club stuff from the preorder but I cant see how to get any of the items from it. Ideas?

Add me on Steam if you want to play BREVITY_

Played about 2 hours last night. Really love the tweaks and improvements they made, especially not having to physically click on the money to pick it up now.

I have a HD7870 with a 8 core fx-8120 and I was able to have all the in game graphics options turned all the way up and it was running nice and smooth so I've been very pleased

Supposedly the DLC for Steam is working now, I'm at work and can't verify but according to what I read, if it's still not working for you try this:

"Verify cache, restart steam, and launch the game with regular BL 2 launcher."

[quote name='hustletron']Supposedly the DLC for Steam is working now, I'm at work and can't verify but according to what I read, if it's still not working for you try this:

"Verify cache, restart steam, and launch the game with regular BL 2 launcher."[/QUOTE]

Actually if you don't reboot/close Steam much like me, you'll only need to restart the Steam client. That should fix any issue with regards to the DLC.

[quote name='retrad']game is fun but not without problems... chat is a bit of a mess and you can get stuck which is super annoying. Preorder bonus guns aren't working either as of this moment. However that said performance is rock solid game is alot of fun and they have hit the right improvements over the previous game.

have played an assassin and commando up until sanctuary on both characters.[/QUOTE]

Chat worked very very well for me, crystal clear90% of the time. I just turned it on full time since my Vengeance 1500 has a mute.

I had the video settings maxed out on every setting, with FPS capped at 60 since that is my.monitors limit. Game was beautiful and COMPLETELY smooth at 1080p with my 660Ti. That nVidia graph didn't lie.

Just as good as I thought it'd be. Loved the first and bought this one blind - hadn't really read any information on it outside of dual wielding (I think). Running it almost maxed out, looks nice, but one problem - when I'm in the buying menu, I use the scroll wheel to scroll through the items.. sometimes it's really wonky and I'll have to back out of the menu then go back into it.

Not a fan of the new inventory, but whatever. Great game. Intended to give it a quick whirl, ended up almost getting to level 5. Can't wait to play more tonight.

Played for a few hours this morning, enjoying it a lot so far. My only major complaint right now is the in-game menu/inventory, it's just awful. Is there a way to even see which items you haven't "examined" in your inventory? For instance, once you pick up a new gun and then go into your inventory to look at it is there a way to tell which gun is the new one? If your inventory is near full that can be a pain in the arse.

[quote name='Draekon']Actually if you don't reboot/close Steam much like me, you'll only need to restart the Steam client. That should fix any issue with regards to the DLC.[/QUOTE]
I had to verify to get it. The issue wasn't the DLC not showing up as purchased, which would require a restart to fix last night, but it wasn't downloaded properly (not like they didn't have weeks to prepare for this. . .). Verifying this morning, one file failed to sync and was downloaded for me. After that, all my DLC was installed and given in-game. But thanks to their mess-up, the golden guns were all vendored because the stats suck for anyone that put an hour or two into it. At least I got my loot hunter relic. . .[quote name='cgarb84']Played for a few hours this morning, enjoying it a lot so far. My only major complaint right now is the in-game menu/inventory, it's just awful. Is there a way to even see which items you haven't "examined" in your inventory? For instance, once you pick up a new gun and then go into your inventory to look at it is there a way to tell which gun is the new one? If your inventory is near full that can be a pain in the arse.[/QUOTE]
Navigating their menus feels like I'm playing on a console, sigh. You just have to suck it up and know your own inventory for new guns. I personally just vendor everything that's not being used in a weapon slot. Not sure why they relegate us to only two slots to start either. Game is pretty fun but they still haven't got the pacing right when you have to stop and muddle through their menus, completely bringing the game to a screeching halt. What's funny is once I stop finding better guns, I might be able to start having fun actually playing the game.

[quote name='Jodou']I had to verify to get it. The issue wasn't the DLC not showing up as purchased, which would require a restart to fix last night, but it wasn't downloaded properly (not like they didn't have weeks to prepare for this. . .). Verifying this morning, one file failed to sync and was downloaded for me. After that, all my DLC was installed and given in-game. But thanks to their mess-up, the golden guns were all vendored because the stats suck for anyone that put an hour or two into it. At least I got my loot hunter relic. . .[/QUOTE]

I verified several times and it always said "1 File has failed verification" every single time. I had a second listing in my Steam for the game that was there before I verified today and disappeared when I finally rebooted. Friend had the same and had him restart Steam and it worked. So who knows, maybe there were multiple issues depending on the user.

[quote name='j-cart']But inventory management is half the fun![/QUOTE]
Not when it's happening after every enemy you kill. :\

The game is definitely in need of a few patches and the bugs are seemingly across all platforms. (good time to be on PC and dodging console cert nonsense)

There's also a lot that can be done optimization-wise with shadows and shaders which can't be adjusted in-game. It's mostly for min spec people but everyone who wants to squeeze some more frames out will benefit.

I still prefer the 360 pad as it still feels like a console game ported to PC. (also still can't fully disable vibration in-game...WTF is that? ;))

[quote name='j-cart']Fun games guys. Will play some more tomorrow!

Also SEH your mumble requires users to be authenticated. My internet hates skype and I would much rather use mumble instead.[/QUOTE]

I know. I authenticated both you and The Crotch when you guys joined, you just have to reconnect after being authenticated.

I played until around 9AM. The game is a total blast.

Damnit, bastards had to have fucking maintenance on Steam servers the day the game released less than half an hour after I get home, eat dinner and start a game with friends.

Loading up Tunngle for VLAN play I go!

.......Aaaaaaaaand as I do that, Steam authentication servers come back up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Draekon']Damnit, bastards had to have fucking maintenance on Steam servers the day the game released less than half an hour after I get home, eat dinner and start a game with friends.[/QUOTE]

Did they give any indication of how long the maintenance would last? I was looking forward to playing this all day, finally get home and get the old "steam servers are busy" message.

Two gripes with the game at this point.

1. My Steam has gone down three total times since launch last night. Its very annoying to be IMMEDIATELY booted out of a multiplayer game right in the middle of finishing a quest. Its the price we pay when using Steam, but its still slightly annoying. Luckily it wasn't down for long and I was able to hop back in minutes later so I didn't wind up missing out on anything.

2. Quest-lines that require you to kill X amount of something need to at least spawn said X amount. Multiple quests already have asked me to kill like 25 of something, and the game will only spawn four of them. You cant just reload the zone either, you either have to wait like 10-15 minutes for them to respawn, or completely reload your game.

Aside from those two annoyances, I love the game. I've got a level 14 Siren and a level 9 Gunzerker that I was playing with J-Cart. I started going down the support tree for the Siren but I'm not really feeling it. Probably gonna wind up re-spec'ing tonight.

Keep dialogue volume up :D

Also:

Boom and Bewm. I couldn't stop laughing at the cheesiness of it. Thank god for push to talk. My laugh is not a friendly one :D

just found video capture software built into MSi's graphic card overclocking utility. Sweet! Might be fun to use with this game

[quote name='j-cart']Keep dialogue volume up :D

Also:

Boom and Bewm. I couldn't stop laughing at the cheesiness of it. Thank god for push to talk. My laugh is not a friendly one :D
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thats an intro I missed when we were in the same party last night, I joined right after that I think? during the battle. Oh well. I hadn't unlocked it yet, but still not sure which mission it was.

[quote name='SEH']I know. I authenticated both you and The Crotch when you guys joined, you just have to reconnect after being authenticated.

I played until around 9AM. The game is a total blast.[/QUOTE]

I guess I need to be authenticated also? I use Kalei50 as a chat name.

Thanks, look forward to trying the mumble out, as well as playing, probably tomorrow.

[quote name='6er']Yeah, thats an intro I missed when we were in the same party last night, I joined right after that I think? during the battle. Oh well. I hadn't unlocked it yet, but still not sure which mission it was.[/QUOTE]
Heh. The time you accidentally entered a boss fight while the rest of us were still looting shit back behind?

[quote name='SEH']Two gripes with the game at this point.[/QUOTE]
Don't even get me started about Steam and this fucking game. We spent an hour, AN HOUR, trying to get all four of us into one game because someone would always get stuck connecting to lobby or couldn't join our game. Didn't matter who hosted, what quest we were all on; it just didn't want to work. Finally, we all logged out of steam and didn't do shit until we were all loaded and ready to join. Then when we all joined at the same time to an agreed person, we got it going. This is why I hate steamworks games and being forced to use their shitty service. Bad enough we don't even own the games we buy because the disc won't let us install without booting steam. fuck.

I also don't see where they get off saying this game was ready a month ago. Tons of bugs, bad AI, and repetitive quests that suck (seriously, kill 20 of X missions? that's bush league, bro). My friends and I have barely put four hours into this and were struggling to keep playing. The most fun we have is in between missions trolling each other with the cars lol. There's just something that feels off, like the balance of the game isn't quite tweaked right to be fun with four players. We're only playing on normal and get knocked down constantly or one-shot. Guns also don't feel as powerful as they did in the first game, but I'm guessing that's because we're like level 12. When I play solo, the balance feels about right so more testing would have been nice there.

At any rate, they really have zero excuse for the bugs or balance issues. These are shades of the exact same shit that went down for the original game and it tells me they learned nothing. Whatever, I knew beforehand that this game would probably be played for a week and never touched again, but I didn't expect this.

[quote name='The Crotch']Heh. The time you accidentally entered a boss fight while the rest of us were still looting shit back behind?[/QUOTE]

Lol, no. I think it was the one with the huge turret

So, I found an interesting orange pistol last night. Called Infinity with some other subname attached to it. Had one for magazine clip size, however it was infinite ammo and never had to be reloaded. It's a very nice lower end pistol and does 65'ish damage non-crit. Not great at long range but awesome for short early into the game.

And for anybody that doesn't already know, gambling in town is best done in a group since Eridium is shared. Takes a really long time to blow everybody's cash, but at level 11 I had over 100 Eridium and two backpack upgrades already without touching the main quest much. It's a nice early boost at least and nets you some extra skins and some decent weapons based on the hosts level.

bread's done
Back