Borderlands CAG Co-op

[quote name='Brother Daz']If you have the mission keep your insides in and you need to turn in at fyrestone, where you go to turn in at Zed, if he is not standing there to turn in then you have the glitch. Like close said, its one of the early missions where you have to by a shield from the med vendor machine in Zeds shop. Its not a valid mission though and thats what causes the glitch. It was removed from the game but somehow was found and added with all the modders. There is no way to complete it.[/QUOTE]

You can complete it if you use WillowTree to edit the save but that is the only way since the original quest has a different name than kyii

[quote name='clonesniper666']You can complete it if you use WillowTree to edit the save but that is the only way since the original quest has a different name than kyii[/QUOTE]
I have no clue what that is or even how to begin fixing my save. I don't really play the Xbox version anymore so I probably won't worry about it. If by chance I get hit with it on the ps3, then I'll look into fixing it. Thanks.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I have no clue what that is or even how to begin fixing my save. I don't really play the Xbox version anymore so I probably won't worry about it. If by chance I get hit with it on the ps3, then I'll look into fixing it. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It is the tool that people use to mod their weapons/shields, but it does have legitimate uses as well.

Honestly the hardest part of fixing the quest in WillowTree is finding it since it has no order to it and it lists every quest in the game, for both playthroughs as well.

I used it on my 360 save to fix it since it always said the host was to far ahead of me.

i don't want to mod/glitch my saves at all. id rather just avoid playing with anyone that has the glitch from playing with random modders. no big deal tho. just try to avoid playing online with randoms or don't join any random game with keep your insides inside or a dlc mission as the active mission online.

just check your quest log and if you have keep your insides inside then you are infected. it's not that big a deal tho, i just don't want it to corrupt my save or always be my acitve/unfinished mission. just to be safe tho, always back up your save when playing online or with people you don't know for sure if they do or don't as a safety.

yeah im down tonite. when? im gonna try to speed run ghost recon or spec ops the line on normal so i can flip to bestbuy for 30+ before those tivs drop. but i should be down whenev. i know you dont get xp or good loot, but im down for the trophy/skill point.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/bo...orruption-cure-prevention-glitch-removal.html

the same thing happens with the 'talk to tannis' quest. but that quest is at least completable in game and even tho spreadable, isn't really 'glitched' mission list.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll check my file when i get home. I personally didn't do any modding, but the last time I played there were some modders in my game and I picked up a modded shield by accident.

[quote name='nbballard']I'll check my file when i get home. I personally didn't do any modding, but the last time I played there were some modders in my game and I picked up a modded shield by accident.[/QUOTE]
Are you still carrying the shield? You should ditch it off a cliff if you still do. Modded items could corrupt your save.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Sorry about running so fast with you guys. When I jumped on with Bumslie and cheapest last night I was trying to slow down. I will start just following you guys around and try and run you your pace. I've ran through the game 5 times so I know it like the back of my hand.

Koopa, I couldnt remember your ID last night after velo left, I was going to invite you. For some reason your name wasnt showing up in my recent players list. I will add you today.

EDIT- yes, all the class mods will stack with each other.[/QUOTE]

After you left the game Daz Velo came on and we played with cheapest. I got lost terribly when Velo came on. I tried keeping up but I kept dying way too much. I just need more practice but I had a blast playing online with all you guys.

@IATCG

I was wondering what you were doing when you just sitting there. Googling BL cheats solved the long pause on you not doing anything. I'm going to stick this game out and try to get the Platinum. Shouldn't be that hard since you can get help on a lot of it. So your trading it in? I thought I was the worst on team last night. You should stick it out longer.

I might stick it out one more night. Although I will admit I'm seriously considering DLing WillowTree and giving myself the one sniper with 12k+ damage that's multiplied by 6 or 7 I think. This will likely be the first time I've cheated since GTA III, when I used to do the flying tank shit all the time.:lol:

We are all still really early in the game, you'll start finding way better weapons after the next main town. Once you start finding rare (oragne) weapons you'll be set. I never felt the need to need or want modded weapons. My hunter on the xbox was plenty powerful after I found some rare guns. The general knoxx DLC has pearl (light blue) weapons that are even better, but you need to be 60+ to use most of them

[quote name='Brother Daz']We are all still really early in the game, you'll start finding way better weapons after the next main town. Once you start finding rare (oragne) weapons you'll be set. I never felt the need to need or want modded weapons. My hunter on the xbox was plenty powerful after I found some rare guns. The general knoxx DLC has pearl (light blue) weapons that are even better, but you need to be 60+ to use most of them[/QUOTE]

I'm off til Wed. so we should be able to ge some co-op done again. I'm just waiting for the better weapons.

@IATCG don't bring in modded weapons. Just stick it out and see as they progress.

[quote name='Velo214']i don't want to mod/glitch my saves at all. id rather just avoid playing with anyone that has the glitch from playing with random modders. no big deal tho. just try to avoid playing online with randoms or don't join any random game with keep your insides inside or a dlc mission as the active mission online.

just check your quest log and if you have keep your insides inside then you are infected. it's not that big a deal tho, i just don't want it to corrupt my save or always be my acitve/unfinished mission. just to be safe tho, always back up your save when playing online or with people you don't know for sure if they do or don't as a safety.

yeah im down tonite. when? im gonna try to speed run ghost recon or spec ops the line on normal so i can flip to bestbuy for 30+ before those tivs drop. but i should be down whenev. i know you dont get xp or good loot, but im down for the trophy/skill point.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/bo...orruption-cure-prevention-glitch-removal.html

the same thing happens with the 'talk to tannis' quest. but that quest is at least completable in game and even tho spreadable, isn't really 'glitched' mission list.[/QUOTE]

How's 8 PM PST sound? That's ideal for me.

[quote name='Bumslie']I'm off til Wed. so we should be able to ge some co-op done again. I'm just waiting for the better weapons.

@IATCG don't bring in modded weapons. Just stick it out and see as they progress.[/QUOTE]
I don't know if you noticed or not last night, but I was just trying to run past most of the Skags and enemies to get to Sledge to complete that mission to turn it in. I don't think I have it in me to grind and kill every last enemy I come across both on the way into a mission and on the way out when they fuckin' re-spawn.:roll: To me, as long as I can just run and gun and maybe kill some of them while heading towards the objective that's all I really want.

But don't worry. If I were to mod my save I wouldn't accept any invites to play co-op as I don't wanna glitch anyone elses' game up. But honestly, some of the weapons on my current level(12 I think I'm finally on) seem like frickin' peashooters when you're going up against enemies with decent shields and slow to drain health bars. Not to mention my previous gripe about enemies being 2-5 levels above me.:roll:

That's one thing that I liked about Dead Island when I played that co-op, was that regardless of the level of the host player the enemies were never over your own level.:whistle2:#

Maybe one of us could do that vehicle exploit(not a glitch or cheat) to gain 20,000xp(basically one level according to every BL wiki I see) by shooting 100k shots.

iv got kids school openhouse til 8pm central. ill be a minutes late.

also yeah don't bring modded guns in. you will level up and find a better gun get class mods etc. just stick it out. dont cheat.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I don't know if you noticed or not last night, but I was just trying to run past most of the Skags and enemies to get to Sledge to complete that mission to turn it in. I don't think I have it in me to grind and kill every last enemy I come across both on the way into a mission and on the way out when they fuckin' re-spawn.:roll: To me, as long as I can just run and gun and maybe kill some of them while heading towards the objective that's all I really want.

But don't worry. If I were to mod my save I wouldn't accept any invites to play co-op as I don't wanna glitch anyone elses' game up. But honestly, some of the weapons on my current level(12 I think I'm finally on) seem like frickin' peashooters when you're going up against enemies with decent shields and slow to drain health bars. Not to mention my previous gripe about enemies being 2-5 levels above me.:roll:

That's one thing that I liked about Dead Island when I played that co-op, was that regardless of the level of the host player the enemies were never over your own level.:whistle2:#

Maybe one of us could do that vehicle exploit(not a glitch or cheat) to gain 20,000xp(basically one level according to every BL wiki I see) by shooting 100k shots.[/QUOTE]

For real, you complain a ton. This game isn't hard at all.

Personally I think I'm going to pass on the moxxi dlc. I played a couple of the small arenas on the Xbox and hated every minute of it. You have to put in so much damn time for basically no reward. The extra skill points don't interest me much since you don't really need them. Knowing my luck also, my ps3 will freeze and not net me the trophy anyways.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']For real, you complain a ton. This game isn't hard at all.[/QUOTE]
Eh. If I shoot an enemy 4x and the fucker doesn't die or isn't severely wounded and it's NOT a boss character, that to me is a pain in the ass game.:roll: The big bosses I can understand taking a while to kill off, but the smaller enemies being so resilient is NOT fun to me AT ALL.

I plugged a couple raiders or psychos with a shotgun at close range last night. It took at least 2-3 shots just to get their shield to drop and then another 3-4 to kill them. In the case of some of the psychos or other higher level enemies it took upwards of 5-6 and that's if I did more than wing them while trying to stay out of their way while they fired at me. Not interested in taking more than maybe 15 seconds at most on a single enemy that's a non boss.

I spray and prey anytime anything is close to me. We need to get you something with shock damage. One hit with one of those guns/grenade and their shield will drop right away. That's what you'd see me run in all fast with Lilith and use my phase lock, I have a shock mod on it, I use that to drop their shields down then plug away.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the thing though. Even in a game like Dead Island, I was using standard weapons more often than not. Most times I would just run past most of the enemies to get to where a mission start point was or back to where we had to turn it in. I'm not really a level grinding kinda person.

I only wanna play the game to actually finish it. I don't care about trophies or what level I am or what kind of weapons I've unlocked really.

Not to mention, I'd much rather hang back and pick off enemies with Mordecais' sniper rifle rather than run in gunning usually. But if we're going balls to the wall kamikaze style, then I'll likely just equip 3 pistols and more than likely miss with 90% of my shots as I try and run past enemies for the most part.

Since I know the game like the back of my hand, I could help you out with a speed run. I dont know how quickly it can be done and how many side quests we'd need to do, as to make sure we're leveled up enough for the bosses. If I were to guess, I'd say we could do it in 8-10 hours.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Well, the arenas are super easy when the host is level 12 and I'm level 50, haha.[/QUOTE]
Yeah its really easy that way, just boring as all hell. I really wish I could just get through them all, the small arenas are a breeze; its the final arena that detours me.

so turns out i did have the KYII mission. I used a modified version of the hacking tool to fix my file and i'm good as new. If fixing my file removes me from pariah status, and you guys still want to play at 8pm central, let me know.

brodaz, if we just have 3 players. you could always join at the end wave or so. you still get the trophy/skill point.

also cheapest gamer, you were doing so low damage cuz you said you wanted to skip the side missions so i was running through the main quests with you. if you wanna speed run with brodaz, expect to not be doing much damage and just sitting back as he beats the game for ya. but whatev.

I will probably end up helping you guys out, I dont want to just jump in at the end. Thats not fair to everyone else. like I said the first 3 are not very bad, its that last one that'll take forever. I just worry about losing my connection or freezing up towards the end and doing it all for nothing. The one arena I completed on the xbox I did with just one other person so I could see it being a lot quicker with two more people.

Anyways, I'll be on it a hour or so once the wife heads to bed.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I will probably end up helping you guys out, I dont want to just jump in at the end. Thats not fair to everyone else. like I said the first 3 are not very bad, its that last one that'll take forever. I just worry about losing my connection or freezing up towards the end and doing it all for nothing. The one arena I completed on the xbox I did with just one other person so I could see it being a lot quicker with two more people.

Anyways, I'll be on it a hour or so once the wife heads to bed.[/QUOTE]

Bumslie said he'll be on around 8 so him, me, Velo, and you if you want to do it with us. We need to do the two smaller arenas, and if you guys want to try a larger one after that, I'm okay with that. If you're helping us with a high level character, it'll be even easier.

[quote name='Velo214']just got home from school. ill be on in 20. wait up. thanx[/QUOTE]

Take your time, Bumslie will be on a bit after 8 so no rush. I want to keep everything the same with the same people hosting and so on because I heard the trophies can glitch.

I will be on a little after 8. Try to wait for me. I'm level 13. Velo I understand how the DLC works. Sorry about that.

oh no prob man, i had no idea at first but yeah all the dlc is linked to fast travel locations. i don't have the list off my head but jacobs cove is zombies, tartarus is claptrap rev, tbone junct is knox (maybe switched on last two) and thunderdome is moxxi. peace man. and yeah i heard same host/character/playthrough etc, so hopefully no glitches.

[quote name='Velo214']also cheapest gamer, you were doing so low damage cuz you said you wanted to skip the side missions so i was running through the main quests with you. if you wanna speed run with brodaz, expect to not be doing much damage and just sitting back as he beats the game for ya. but whatev.[/QUOTE]
I actually did want to finish the bulk of the main game, including side quests if possible. But I'd probably be better off spawning one of those vehicles, practicing the stupid dual stick controls:roll: and then just mowing everything down that gets in my path with either its guns or just plain old running them over.

That's how I play BF1943 actually and that's how I'm comfortable playing. Add in some C4 or something else I could strap onto a vehicle to blow it up by a big group of enemies and I'm set.;):D But if I gotta actually practice with the weapons and get better at using em, then I'll pass.:razz::booty:

[quote name='Velo214']where you guys at?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I fell asleep, haha, and now it's making me install some game data for some reason.

thanx. got all arenas done so i got to put a skill point in phoenix finally. woot. that should be fun i wouldnt have had for another level, lol.

[quote name='Velo214']thanx. got all arenas done so i got to put a skill point in phoenix finally. woot. that should be fun i wouldnt have had for another level, lol.[/QUOTE]
It's good we got those runs completed. Gettinmoney said the large one is both runs we did but all together. We can complete them tomorrow or if on later.

[quote name='Bumslie']It's good we got those runs completed. Gettinmoney said the large one is both runs we did but all together. We can complete them tomorrow or if on later.[/QUOTE]

No, each one is double what we did tonight, haha, they're gonna be like three hours each. The problem is, I work Fri-Sun night, so hopefully you guys don't mind waiting for me, but I won't be able to do the arenas then unless you want to start early on either Friday or Saturday.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']No, each one is double what we did tonight, haha, they're gonna be like three hours each. The problem is, I work Fri-Sun night, so hopefully you guys don't mind waiting for me, but I won't be able to do the arenas then unless you want to start early on either Friday or Saturday.[/QUOTE]
If Velo doesn't mind waiting. I can keep low level. I'm off til Wed. so anytime works.

[quote name='Bumslie']If Velo doesn't mind waiting. I can keep low level. I'm off til Wed. so anytime works.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to keep low level, you guys can play single player. If you go up to low 20's, I'm sure it'll still be fine. I'm way over-powered for what we've been doing.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You don't have to keep low level, you guys can play single player. If you go up to low 20's, I'm sure it'll still be fine. I'm way over-powered for what we've been doing.[/QUOTE]
Sounds good I sure I won't hit the 20's for a while. I can't wait til I get my character will more skill shots as the upgrades are nice.

Tried doing an arena solo,made it to 4-4 and died.

If you guys want to run at it again let me know.

Daz and I did some of the campaign after we split off.

[quote name='Velo214']thanx. got all arenas done so i got to put a skill point in phoenix finally. woot. that should be fun i wouldnt have had for another level, lol.[/QUOTE]

I had no idea you get skill points from doing arenas#-o

How many?

Sorry to flood the forum so early but is anyone having issues with the mics?

It seems everything is getting broken up, It's hard to understand what is being said.

Reminds me of Wayne's World when they are ordering food in the drive-thru

yeah the mics are hit and miss on this game. just 1 skill point per playthrough for 2 possible overall.
you get the skill point for finishing 3 small arenas.

Yeah known issue from day 1 that gearbox never fixed which still bugs me to no end!! I hope it's a non issue in BL2 and no other bad glitches or bugs in it. There's all kinds of silly work arounds that didn't work for me and my buddy when we played co-op. Problem seems to mainly reside with bluetooth headsets only. If anyone is using a bt mic, no matter the quality, brand, etc it will cause everyone issues. My buddy and I both were using the official Sony PS bt's and it was a constant problem.

Supposedly using wired headsets will eliminate the issue. I have a nice wired set now but haven't used it in bl playing co-op so can't confirm or deny if that is a reliable work around. My buddy loves the freedom of the bt and doesn't care for full headsets to game so couldn't convince him to see if that would fix the voice issue.

If you guys try that and it works lmk please. And if anyone needs another for co-op give me a shout.

[quote name='Bumslie']Sounds good I sure I won't hit the 20's for a while. I can't wait til I get my character will more skill shots as the upgrades are nice.[/QUOTE]

You're running a soldier right?

I like his abilities. I have mine set mostly as a medic.

Sorry i bailed on you guys the other night. I felt like i was stealing all the kills. That and i was drinking so i didn't have the patience watching new guys kinda wander around (no offense). Short version, this is my third playthrough without ever actually finishing, just trying to plow through the story and dlc. I'm only level 26, I'm sure you all will catch up to me before i actually finish

Definitely want to do the arenas with you all though

bread's done
Back