Borderlands CAG Co-op

Holy crap, this thread blew up.

Well, I got some maybe good news for Bumslie and Velo. I called in sick to work today so if you want to do a large arena tonight around 8, I'll probably be down. I'm in a ton of pain right now but hopefully I'll get better by then.

that sucks man. get well soon. my son and i are sick too, but just a cold.
those long tourneys are hard shit tho. 20 rounds, 5 waves a round so 100 waves.
and 4 stacking randoms. haha, should be fun. hit me up whenev
i really wanna speedrun spec ops or something but i wanna do this too before we can never find anyone to do.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Holy crap, this thread blew up.

Well, I got some maybe good news for Bumslie and Velo. I called in sick to work today so if you want to do a large arena tonight around 8, I'll probably be down. I'm in a ton of pain right now but hopefully I'll get better by then.[/QUOTE]

I should be able to be on around then. Also Velo what mic were you using? It seemed when we started playing Moxxi the chat was pretty clear on my mic. Don't know if you could hear me as clear? I think the mic problems might happen when you have 3 people with connected mics.

i just use sony bluetooth. big storm here so give me a minute. i hate these state wide tornado warnings...

i was the only one with a mic the other day and just took it off after awhile cuz i was drinkin and just running commentary, lol
im down for lively chat when we start going through the campaign more and are all same level and need some strategy etc chatter

I'm going to try my wife's Bluetooth out tonight. fuck, eventually one of these have to work, right? I'm not even sure it'll link up, will all bt's work on the ps3?

Edit- velo, I hope nothing heads your way. Stay safe!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Velo214']i just use sony bluetooth. big storm here so give me a minute. i hate these state wide tornado warnings...

i was the only one with a mic the other day and just took it off after awhile cuz i was drinkin and just running commentary, lol
im down for lively chat when we start going through the campaign more and are all same level and need some strategy etc chatter[/QUOTE]

Where you at? same here in SE Wisconsin

I'm likely gonna try finishing Never Dead, so I can dump it at BB by Sunday. But I may pop back onto the campaign for this as I still have it. I do wanna give this game a chance, but with the level of pain in the ass I was having with the enemies the other night I'd likely be hanging back and trying to pop them with the sniper from far off if I could.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm likely gonna try finishing Never Dead, so I can dump it at BB by Sunday. But I may pop back onto the campaign for this as I still have it. I do wanna give this game a chance, but with the level of pain in the ass I was having with the enemies the other night I'd likely be hanging back and trying to pop them with the sniper from far off if I could.[/QUOTE]

this game has an rpg element to it, but once you level and get some upgrades. it should be much easier

yeah it was just cuz we were totally overleveled. we skipped the side missions and went straight to sledge's hideout, and if you are underleveled you will def have a hard time. this game makes you badass if you just give it a chance and get some good weapons/grenades/class skill mods/skills.

im actually running a catalyst support mod now, so you guys should get your abilities cooled down 20% faster and it bumps my intuition to +28% xp after any kill i get. woot

im thinking that is better than the tormentor i was running earlier cuz you guys dont really need that elemental chance/damage boost since im the only one really running a 'magic' class. lol

peace and hopefully play more later.

im in stl and all is fine now. we were in a tornado 2 years ago so my girl is all freaked out and it shattered my van windows but all well. peace

[quote name='YBX87']this game has an rpg element to it, but once you level and get some upgrades. it should be much easier[/QUOTE]
That sounds like Dead Rising 2 actually. I was getting my ass handed to me in that too, then someone told me you need to level up to beat anyone in it.:whistle2:s:roll: I just wanted to play it to beat/kill zombies and nothing more really. Most of the side missions were fetch quests or the people would betray you as soon as you tried helping them.:whistle2:#

I ended up grabbing the Psycho pack from PSN for the game just to beat the one boss(the twins).

The more you use weapons, their proficancy will level up also. The sway for sniper rifles will steady out. I'm sure you've noticed the sway when using them. If a enemy is 1-2 or more levels higher then you are, then you're going to have a hard time damaging them.

i meant +28% xp for the group, not just me. where are you guys at?
im level 22 r 23 and just got to new haven.
i still need to go back to ludicrous highway and get the speed lap trophy, plus i heard easy 8000 xp for doing the 5 second air jump there.
peace all
i also need the how did i get here on a boat trophy. iv already met crazy eddie and done his missions cept this booze one which is where i think the boat is.
anyone wanna go get some booze, hop on a boat, do some jumps and races in a bit?

[quote name='Brother Daz']The more you use weapons, their proficancy will level up also. The sway for sniper rifles will steady out. I'm sure you've noticed the sway when using them. If a enemy is 1-2 or more levels higher then you are, then you're going to have a hard time damaging them.[/QUOTE]
That's the thing though. I was treating this game like a straight up shooting game and not factoring in the leveling up AT ALL. I like the semi open game world and all, but the RPG elements....eh not so much. I'd prefer it if it came down to me being a better shot than the enemies and not me having to shoot them 12x just to make a small dent in their health.:whistle2:#

I'm sure some cags will be down for PS3 coop for BL2. I played the first game on 360 and then PC, but with the gameshare its way cheaper for me to go PS3. I'm sure there will be a thread specifically for BL2 coop, but count me in for some BL2 coop when it comes out

[quote name='Velo214']i meant +28% xp for the group, not just me. where are you guys at?
im level 22 r 23 and just got to new haven.
i still need to go back to ludicrous highway and get the speed lap trophy, plus i heard easy 8000 xp for doing the 5 second air jump there.
peace all
i also need the how did i get here on a boat trophy. iv already met crazy eddie and done his missions cept this booze one which is where i think the boat is.
anyone wanna go get some booze, hop on a boat, do some jumps and races in a bit?[/QUOTE]
I am at the booze mission right now, lvl 26. I picked up a class mod that gives a +2 team rare weapons find. I found a rare revolver that gives unlimited ammo with it.

koopa and i just tore stuff up tonite. im all suicidal phoenix and his turrets were all over.
i just need to remember to not freak out when you shoot/cauterize me. haha
our levels are flying too, with my 28% xp bump after any kill and his leader mod +20% xp, we were getting nearly +50%xp every kill. things got hectic but we beat krom and are in jaynistown now.

Damn, already past krom. What's up speed runners. I havent hit jaynistown yet but have killed krom already. I'm trying to get all the new haven (and surrounding) missions done for that trophy before I venture further.

oh i should do that too then. i knew there was a trophy for all fyrestone, so i finished all those solo the other night. id be down running all the side missions with you later daz. i think sgtwillia, bumslie, and koopakid are all at that point too.

Finished Jacob's Cove on playthrough 2 last night beating
Undead Dr. Zed
. Man he is a fucking PITA on playthrough 2, at least solo. Hit lvl 61 and got a few nice weapons. Hope to knock out a bunch of Clap Trap's Robot Revolution today so I can get to Knox soon as it was my favorite DLC piece and probably favorite part about Borderlands.

Would be down to join some of you guys that are around 26 now if you don't mind having a 3rd or 4th, that's if you have an open spot. I'll be on and off this afternoon so just msg me on PSN if you want.

Glad to see some of you that had this game in your backlog enjoying it. IATCG, I know the game starts slow with how fast you kill things but leveling your character is what most of us enjoy and seeing how you increase in power and learning the guns is also fun. Once you hit mid 20's-30's things really start to get fun imo.

[quote name='Velo214']oh i should do that too then. i knew there was a trophy for all fyrestone, so i finished all those solo the other night. id be down running all the side missions with you later daz. i think sgtwillia, bumslie, and koopakid are all at that point too.[/QUOTE]

I still need to beat Sledge i think is his name. Sorry about las night Velo. I will be on later today. Don't know if you guys want to jump in my game and help me catch up. You know I can always use the help haha.

i dont mind helping at all. i like the challenge tho. i think the opposite of iatcg and think this game is a bit too easy. at least so far and with my build anyway. im rushing ahead just cuz i get the most enjoyment out of playing the tough missions that are a few levels ahead of me, but that means im skipping tons of sidequests.

i also upgraded my catalyst class mod, so now the team gets +25% cooldown on skills and +2 rare item find. woot. and i get +2 phoenix, +2 intuition and +2 girl power. all my 'on kill' abilities ;)

i am death walking

my kids and i were joking tho, cuz we were saying how beautiful it is when i kill stuff. i try to get all 4 colors rolling off the enemy at once ;)
acid green, electric blue, fire red and explosive yellow. and toss in some white regular damage also ;)

and my phase heals me, or if i need emergency heal i throw a ton of my transfusion grenades out.
and even if i go in last stand, chances are one of the enemies will die from damage over time from fire shock or corrosion and ill get a second wind.
woot.

iv got work all night from 3-midnite, but ill be back late late probly. gotta start/finish all those new haven missions for that trophy also.

i have a ton of guns/mods i need to give you guys, especially levels 13-20. iv got some killer rockets with x4 fire and x4 corrosion. iv got some sniper rifles and class mods also. yow.

Lilith is one of the most over powered characters in the game. Once she is leveled up, she is unstoppable. The game also ramps up the difficulty in play through 2.

Also something to add, if anyone is planning on doing pt2, don't spend much time farming weapons on your first PT. I farmed the fuck out of chests on the Xbox and had a full inventory of rare guns that were worthless in PT 2. Needless to say my moxxi stash box is filled with rares. Save your farming time for pt2.

I'm at a ball game with the family now but will be on tonight to play. I hate that my mics don't work right with this game, seriously HATE it!

not sure i'll do another play through since 2 is around the corner.

Been doing some weapon and level farming in Old Haven. Found a badass sniper rifle, I think all my weapons are orange now. Have two artifacts for a level 20 Siren and Soldier if anyone needs them.

i havnt farmed anything yet. iv just got 1 orange weapon, its an smg with x2 so double damage. no elemental, but its the only white damage smg i run.

we should all run later. with +%xp and +rare item finds.

i def wanna do a 2nd playthrough, but we will see.
i have so many backlog stuff to do, but i wanna 100% this game now.

For sure velo, with both of us running the +2 team rare weapons find; we should be able to find some good shit! I found my second rare today, a repeater pistol. I need to check online for what it's specialty is.

I'll be on around 9pm MST.

[quote name='Brother Daz']For sure velo, with both of us running the +2 team rare weapons find; we should be able to find some good shit! I found my second rare today, a repeater pistol. I need to check online for what it's specialty is.

I'll be on around 9pm MST.[/QUOTE]

I'm still level 13. Been resting my back. I plan on playing tonight. How far are you guys after Sledge? Sound like the fun is just starting.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Side quests and everything, 5-7 hours. I just hit lvl 29. We could fly through your campaign though and speed that time way up.[/QUOTE]

That would help me out a lot. I got Fios so my connection is good to host my game plus DLC. i will catch up with you tonight. If I'm not on send me a PM on CAG.

I'll be on in a few hours or so, got a few items for you Bum. One is a +20 exp mod. So with Velo's 28 and my 21 that should help you get caught up quick!

I hope with all these xp mods I can hit lvl 50 in one play through. I used one on my hunter for the Xbox and it took one full pt, all of the zombie dlc and about half way through pt2 before I hit 50. General Knoxx hadn't released yet so with playing that we should be able to hit 50 no problem in one pt.

So around what levels are the people on this thread? I am still really low at 14, haven't had time to play in long session the past week.

yeah you guys should try to get up to krom or at least new haven side q's.
i played a few hours solo earlier just kill rakk hive solo.
hopefully the difficulty picks up soon or in playthrough 2, i hate easy runs.
fun stuff tho, especially when the co op is going strong.
all of us being same level would be the best so no one is constantly dieing, or even worse, following the cloud of death and despair behind us and wondering what the boss looked like. i think everyone has different playstyles, but id much rather be dead and dieing then following the path of chaos that was sent before me.

fighting rakk hive solo was the hardest/funnest battle iv had solo yet. big huge beast.
krom was a joke of a boss, even with his turret, i just phase rocked behind him and headshot him in the face. koopa's turret is a beast too. anything within that radius is dead on site.

im gonna run that catalyst mod for a few days for everyone to get some good items/xp, but then i might flip over to plaquebearer or firefly...
intuition is nice for leveling up, but i dont really need all this speed when points could be going into some dps skills. idk

also brodaz, i hate cheating/etc, but there is a way to get 20,000 xp over n over again. look up merchant of death xp trick. it would only work for you if you ran through lots of the game as merchant of death is for selling, lets say, 1200 items. but when you are at 1199, you sell an item get 20,000 xp, buy it back without leaving store, keeps it at 1199 on the challenge stats screen but you can keep doing it over n over.
i think you have to do it at dr.zeds in fyrestone but no idea.
im gonna try to avoid doing any of that stuff cuz i plan on doing all dlc and going for the level 50, 51 and 61 trophies.

just got *Ding Hardcore* trophy for level 30. I'm rocking a level 30 siren with this build.

http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/lilith/#21020000005051550200000

id rather have more defense from phase out, and start getting some phase healing going on, as my only health is from soldier(koopa) or my transfusion grenades. i also am gonna switch out intuition for some more damaging skills when we get high enough levels and dont need xp bumps.

I been buildIng that critical hit skill up. I phaselock all close and them dump with my smg. It's crazy how fast even the big guys health drop with that. I want that 160% melee damage skill, fuck shit up!

I won't use that glitch to rank up faster. I also like playing legit. As for the difficulty, I remember the Knoxx dlc being really fucking hard at first, that was with a lvl 50 character during the first pt.

[quote name='Koopa22']I'll be on in a few hours or so, got a few items for you Bum. One is a +20 exp mod. So with Velo's 28 and my 21 that should help you get caught up quick![/QUOTE]

Added you Koopa. Thanks. Also I used that shock artifact when I hit level 14. A trophy popped but could figure out if the shock last only a bit.

Also Daz reading this thread makes me clueless on some of the lingo. I feel like the solider left behind. I will sign on about 8-9 PST.

bumslie - the artifacts are added to your special ability. so like, your turret will shoot electric ammo or something? like my phase blasts start and end with an elemental blast.
go to your skills and you will see the slot in the top left screen, you can upgrade to different elements/stronger elements when you find them. like i have a level 2 corrosion on, but i had to be level 20 to use that.

yeah daz, that 160% melee bump goes all the way to 800%. 160% every bump.
i was looking at a killer melee build for lilith. i dont care much for melee, but damn, you could get her with 70% damage resistance out of phase, melee phaseblast for 800% damage, add some more % damage with venom(also making it corrosive green damage) and up turtle strike so that 100% of melees cause daze (slow movement, bad aim).
also hit n run and venom could add up to +60% melee even out of phase.

but yeah, im trying to avoid melee and just be a crazy elemental witch.
im jean grey, dark phoenix ;)

[quote name='Velo214']i think the opposite of iatcg and think this game is a bit too easy. [/QUOTE]
I'll say it again. I miss the days when a shooting game was just a shooting game and enemies didn't have 'levels' or shields.:razz::whistle2:#

i'v been running a savior smg i found. hallelujah! ammo regen and explosive x2. woot
i'm also running with an smg of all element types, but they usually have lower damage.
also a giant bursting corrosive monsters all die rocket launcher Redemption. shoots super huge burst of acid bathes everything. found desc-
"Torgue Redemption "Monster Kill!" -Very high damage and large blast radius, but slow. Uses 4 ammo per shot. " 700 damage. bam and then whatever lives is covered in corrosive acid. yay

just wanted to post that... ;)

also i have an eridian sniper rifle. i dont touch sniper guns, so you can take it, it's the only eridian i found so far.

levels and shields don't bother me too much cheapest. levels just seem like more life, and a reason to not let the enemy take cover, plus i have shock guns for that sorta thing. just 1-2 shots from a shock weapon and that shield is gone and they are stunned.
the level system sucks if you are fighting out of level, but that rarely happens unless you are doing missions too far ahead, but idk.

i ran for rakk hive solo earlier and it was listed as 'tough' cuz it was a few levels higher than me. the first bad ass i saw was a lil tough to take down, but once i get 1 enemy dead then i go all bunny rabbit phoenix phase blast shock storm kamikaze. so if i get 1 kill, im mostly good til i level up and then im even stronger. leveling up your weapons prof helps too. not only better aim, less sway, etc, but i noticed it actually lowers the needed level for weapon usage. i might just be high or something, but i think this gun i had was level 22, but when my smg prof went up i was able to equip it sooner. that might be totally wrong and i sold it or something. idk. lol

id rather use maliwan smgs, but it seems i am only finding tediore legendary weapons. hopefully an hour or two with this new +2 rare item find helps. especially if stacked with your guys +item finds. also my +25% cooldown on skills should be helpful to you guys, altho i read the soldier needs to have turrets refire skill to be able to recharge a turret while one is out? idk. but bloodwings should be real quick reloads.

man, i just realize borderlands 2 is coming out in a few weeks, lol. i preordered the game all the way back in may 2012.

Bumslie and Velo, don't speed run your first playthrough yet. If you do the arenas on different playthroughs, you run the risk of the trophy for doing all three large challenges (pretty much the biggie of the DLC) glitching.

[quote name='Velo214']im not trying to speed run at all. we will get all 3 done soon.[/QUOTE]

Well, I messaged you guys to see if you wanted to try one tonight but I guess not. I can try around noon tomorrow if you want or maybe Monday night?

iatcg and bumslie are both at new haven now. you two are probly high level enough to go back to fyrestone and dahl headlands and finish off some trivial or normal side missions. you should be pretty higher leveled and kill them easily. we can all knock out some more haven side missions for the trophy/xp later.

Off topic but are any of you guys grabbing BF3 today? I'm not going to spring for the premium version since I already have it for the Xbox. Thought I could fuck around with some of you on the multiplayer.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Off topic but are any of you guys grabbing BF3 today? I'm not going to spring for the premium version since I already have it for the Xbox. Thought I could fuck around with some of you on the multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

I got the regular limited edition for PS3 when it was released. I won't have all the maps as you but I can always work on my BF3 skills :lol:

bread's done
Back