Borderlands CAG Co-op

[quote name='shadowkast']Sorry i bailed on you guys the other night. I felt like i was stealing all the kills. That and i was drinking so i didn't have the patience watching new guys kinda wander around (no offense). Short version, this is my third playthrough without ever actually finishing, just trying to plow through the story and dlc. I'm only level 26, I'm sure you all will catch up to me before i actually finish

Definitely want to do the arenas with you all though[/QUOTE]

How far did you get? I've made it through 2 full playthroughs with the Hunter. I started with the Soldier last week, now at 26 I think.

Yeah I think we should be close to where shadow is at now Koopa. Where abouts are you in campaign shadow? Koopa and I have just started doing all the New Haven quests.

As for the wired mic thing, I have two wired mic that dont work with this, my bluetooth doesnt work well either. I seriously have to put the mic right in front of my mouth and talk really loud for you guys to hear me. FRUSTRATING!!

[quote name='shadowkast']Sorry i bailed on you guys the other night. I felt like i was stealing all the kills. That and i was drinking so i didn't have the patience watching new guys kinda wander around (no offense). Short version, this is my third playthrough without ever actually finishing, just trying to plow through the story and dlc. I'm only level 26, I'm sure you all will catch up to me before i actually finish

No worries shadow Daz said you were probably bored which I can understand.

@KoopaTroopa thanks for the drop just need to get to level 14 to use it. I will add you later today when I log on or send request.

Now when it comes to mics I was using the Sony 7.1 wireless headset. I heard some broken chatter but when I first got in the game with Daz, Velo & Koopa I could hear you guys pretty clear. Then Daz was having mic problems. I bet Daz doesn't like yelling in the mic as his family sleeps.

[quote name='JN25WIL']Yeah known issue from day 1 that gearbox never fixed which still bugs me to no end!! I hope it's a non issue in BL2 and no other bad glitches or bugs in it. There's all kinds of silly work arounds that didn't work for me and my buddy when we played co-op. Problem seems to mainly reside with bluetooth headsets only. If anyone is using a bt mic, no matter the quality, brand, etc it will cause everyone issues. My buddy and I both were using the official Sony PS bt's and it was a constant problem.

Supposedly using wired headsets will eliminate the issue. I have a nice wired set now but haven't used it in bl playing co-op so can't confirm or deny if that is a reliable work around. My buddy loves the freedom of the bt and doesn't care for full headsets to game so couldn't convince him to see if that would fix the voice issue.

If you guys try that and it works lmk please. And if anyone needs another for co-op give me a shout.[/QUOTE]
I used to use an old Socom 1 headset with the volume wheel and mute button on it. It worked well at times, but other times my friends would always say I would break up when trying to say something. Admittedly that was probably also partially my connection at fault since I have 1.5mb download and a fifth of that upload(ya know, the number that really counts:roll:).

Since I finally cracked open the official Sony headset and used that with Dead Island and Inversion to play through both via co-op I've started getting used to using the in-ear ones.

Mind ya, I really still dislike how they feel. But it's better than hearing 'what?' every 20 seconds.

I was tempted to pick up one of those Rocketfish headsets that're universal from the BB gaming blowout for $13 or whatever they were, since supposedly they work really well. But as it stands I have an official Sony wired one sitting here too that I got with an @Gamer coupon for $5 a while ago to fall back on if I get tired of the BT one.

That's alright. I just noticed the huge openness of the game world and wanted to go exploring. I figured this game was like every other game, in that once ya eliminated enemies from an area they stayed gone. So I figured once we killed everything in an area, then I could explore a bit and loot some shit. I guess not though.:cry:

The three sets I have used are: The official wired sony headset (this one rarely picks up my voice, with Borderlands), The rocketfish wired headset that was on sale during the BB blowout (this is the one I've been using) and a rocketfish bluetooth ,that I use for my phone, this one has really never worked well on the ps3. I get a lot of crackling through it and it loves picking up background noise. I really would have thought the official sony wired headset would have worked.

Bumslie, I just close to doors upstairs to my wife and sons rooms. She hasnt said anything to me yet about being loud. Being that she is 5 months pregnant, I know she would have if it was bothering her.:lol:

[quote name='Brother Daz']The three sets I have used are: The official wired sony headset (this one rarely picks up my voice, with Borderlands), The rocketfish wired headset that was on sale during the BB blowout (this is the one I've been using) and a rocketfish bluetooth ,that I use for my phone, this one has really never worked well on the ps3. I get a lot of crackling through it and it loves picking up background noise. I really would have thought the official sony wired headset would have worked.

Bumslie, I just close to doors upstairs to my wife and sons rooms. She hasnt said anything to me yet about being loud. Being that she is 5 months pregnant, I know she would have if it was bothering her.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Congrats!

I try not to talk too much, Ps3 is in the bedroom and my fiance was sleeping.

[quote name='Brother Daz']The three sets I have used are: The official wired sony headset (this one rarely picks up my voice, with Borderlands), The rocketfish wired headset that was on sale during the BB blowout (this is the one I've been using) and a rocketfish bluetooth ,that I use for my phone, this one has really never worked well on the ps3. I get a lot of crackling through it and it loves picking up background noise. I really would have thought the official sony wired headset would have worked.

Bumslie, I just close to doors upstairs to my wife and sons rooms. She hasnt said anything to me yet about being loud. Being that she is 5 months pregnant, I know she would have if it was bothering her.:lol:[/QUOTE]

That's good to hear about not bugging the wife and son. Also congrats on the new kid coming. When you said you have to speak really loud I can tell the mics were more of an annoyance. When we first played with IATCG I could hear the mic conversation pretty clear.

Anyone else have the exp bonus equipped?

I know Velo does, I have a +20%. I switch back n forth to the ammo regen when we aren't fighting or doing missions. Saves us money.

Seeing how much exp we can stack.

[quote name='Koopa22']Anyone else have the exp bonus equipped?

I know Velo does, I have a +20%. I switch back n forth to the ammo regen when we aren't fighting or doing missions. Saves us money.

Seeing how much exp we can stack.[/QUOTE]

I'm still trying to learn all the all the different weapons etc. So much to learn. Haha

@ Daz congrats on the baby being a girl. That's good to hear bro.

[quote name='Bumslie']I'm still trying to learn all the all the different weapons etc. So much to learn. Haha[/QUOTE]

I can't seem to stay away from the Sniper Rifles, I think I have one for every element. I think its at lvl 12 and the next closest weapon is maybe 5???

When nobody is on I just loot chests over and over.

The elemental revolvers have always been my favorite. I hope I can run across a chimera in this one. It took me well over 100 hours before I found one with my Xbox character. (the only one I ever found) for those who don't know, the chimera is a revolver that randomly cycles through all the elements while you shoot.

here is a example:

I don't know which of you it was the other night, but I had my BT headset up in mid-range for volume and somebody made a loud noise and it woke me the hell up that's for sure.:lol:

Otherwise the voice just kept cutting out at first, so that's why I didn't even bother saying anything. Although I rarely talk in a game with folks I haven't really played with before, though that has more to do with me hating the sound of my own voice most times than anything else.:razz:

On the other hand though, if I've played a game with you before and we've bs'd while playing, then I'm a fuckin' chatterbox and you can't shut me up.:lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I don't know which of you it was the other night, but I had my BT headset up in mid-range for volume and somebody made a loud noise and it woke me the hell up that's for sure.:lol:[/QUOTE]

I might have coughed without hitting mute. If that was me my bad. I try not to be rude when playing.

Who cares how you sound on a mic. We're not here to judge you. It's just a voice. I always hear I sound trashed but its only sometimes. Communication is a lot easier than checking text chat all the time. There are some people who can text chat just as fast as mic chat.

We're not ones to make a judgement on someones voice. We're all CAGs here.

[quote name='Brother Daz']The elemental revolvers have always been my favorite. I hope I can run across a chimera in this one. It took me well over 100 hours before I found one with my Xbox character. (the only one I ever found) for those who don't know, the chimera is a revolver that randomly cycles through all the elements while you shoot.[/QUOTE]

I had one with my hunter, got it from beating Crawmerax or however it is spelled

I always stuck with a shotgun (explosive), but I maxed out my gun level and now it shoots too fast (that's what she said), so i may switch to a revolver for a better paced gun.

[quote name='Koopa22']How far did you get? I've made it through 2 full playthroughs with the Hunter. I started with the Soldier last week, now at 26 I think.[/QUOTE]

Like percentage wise? I couldn't tell ya, i could look at my trophies i assume and make an educated guess from there. Damn ylod is making me do this all over again. I'm doing the soldier this time as well

[quote name='Koopa22']I had one with my hunter, got it from beating Crawmerax or however it is spelled[/QUOTE]I never beat him on the xbox, tried a couple times to do him solo and got smoked each time.

[quote name='shadowkast']Like percentage wise? I couldn't tell ya, i could look at my trophies i assume and make an educated guess from there. Damn ylod is making me do this all over again. I'm doing the soldier this time as well[/QUOTE]what main quest are you on? have you made it to new haven yet? if you have, then we're all pretty close together. I'm down to blaze through it with you guys since you've both beaten the game a few times. I have a lvl 14 hunter and a lvl 7 brick I can use to play with others.

[quote name='shadowkast']Like percentage wise? I couldn't tell ya, i could look at my trophies i assume and make an educated guess from there. Damn ylod is making me do this all over again. I'm doing the soldier this time as well[/QUOTE]

I feel ya, when I got the RLOD and lost my character I didn't see myself playing this game again.

Looks like CAG changed my mind lol

[quote name='Brother Daz']Yeah I think we should be close to where shadow is at now Koopa. Where abouts are you in campaign shadow? Koopa and I have just started doing all the New Haven quests.

As for the wired mic thing, I have two wired mic that dont work with this, my bluetooth doesnt work well either. I seriously have to put the mic right in front of my mouth and talk really loud for you guys to hear me. FRUSTRATING!![/QUOTE]

That's but where I'm at

[quote name='Koopa22']Anyone else have the exp bonus equipped?

Seeing how much exp we can stack.[/QUOTE]

Triple post...sorry mobile version. I have the +20% as well ;)

[quote name='Brother Daz']I never beat him on the xbox, tried a couple times to do him solo and got smoked each time.

what main quest are you on? have you made it to new haven yet? if you have, then we're all pretty close together. I'm down to blaze through it with you guys since you've both beaten the game a few times. I have a lvl 14 hunter and a lvl 7 brick I can use to play with others.[/QUOTE]

I had to youtube it, I died everytime within 30 seconds.

There is a place that is glitched I guess where he/it can't see you and you can just pick him off with a rifle or launcher. Lots of Orange weapons when doing this. Picked up a badass Sniper Rifle that shot like a SMG

[quote name='Bumslie']I might have coughed without hitting mute. If that was me my bad. I try not to be rude when playing.[/QUOTE]
That's ok. Don't worry about it.

Albeit when I play BF1943 and people pop on with mics it can be annoying since I don't always use my mic and that automatically puts the voice from that over the tv's speakers. Since there's no way at all to mute the people with mics in that game, it's either I turn on my mic and just put it back on its stand or I have to listen to them yapping on my tv.

The absolute worst though was when I'd play a game like GTA and you'd get the 12 year olds coming with their music blaring, them screaming into their mics or the worst of all is when someone was playing the game & their kids were screaming in the background/foreground.:whistle2:#:shock:

But like I said, in GTA at least you could mute all till you found the offending person. Some games really need to add that feature.

[quote name='shadowkast']Triple post...sorry mobile version. I have the +20% as well ;)[/QUOTE]

Sweet! 20+20+20= lots of exp. We should max out our characters in no time.

[quote name='Koopa22']I feel ya, when I got the RLOD and lost my character I didn't see myself playing this game again.

Looks like CAG changed my mind lol[/QUOTE]

A lot of us pulled this game from the backlog after getting this discussed here. Well at least I did.

@ Daz. That trailer looks sweet. 87 Bazillion guns and grenades. Out of control. The new game looks amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Koopa22']I think I might run as Zero[/QUOTE]fuck yeah! Thats who I've been drawn to since they revealed him. +72% backstab skill, yes please!

Too bad they wouldn't add the ability to grab enemies and use em as shields if you yourself don't have one of the energy shields yet. Or maybe give you the ability to pick up a rock or something to distract enemies so you can sneak up behind em and do a quick kill.;)

[quote name='Bumslie']A lot of us pulled this game from the backlog after getting this discussed here. Well at least I did.

@ Daz. That trailer looks sweet. 87 Bazillion guns and grenades. Out of control. The new game looks amazing.[/QUOTE]

I think I am looking for a reason to never get to my backlog. Last time I counted I was around 46 games. Just added Ratchet and Clank Collection to that list. Borderlands 2 will be another once it comes out but that gets bumped to 1.

Just added another from eBay, 3D dot heroes

I keep saying I'm going to play that copy of :ps3:Neverdead that I picked up from the BB gaming blowout for $10 so I can run through it and finish it, then dump it back to BB before their 100% promo ends. It hasn't happened yet.

But I too don't think I'll ever finish my games in my small backlog.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I keep saying I'm going to play that copy of :ps3:Neverdead that I picked up from the BB gaming blowout for $10 so I can run through it and finish it, then dump it back to BB before their 100% promo ends. It hasn't happened yet.

But I too don't think I'll ever finish my games in my small backlog.[/QUOTE]

I bought the last copy of that game in my store...I ended up just returning it.

[quote name='Koopa22']I think I am looking for a reason to never get to my backlog. Last time I counted I was around 46 games. Just added Ratchet and Clank Collection to that list. Borderlands 2 will be another once it comes out but that gets bumped to 1.

Just added another from eBay, 3D dot heroes[/QUOTE]

When the mail comes today I will also add Ratchet & Clank HD collection to the backlog. I like how games get pushed right to the front when being left behind for so long. I still need to work on 3D dot heroes. Too many games to play.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Koopa, who is that sauce in your avatar photo?[/QUOTE]

That would be Ashley Greene.

If you get a chance google image "Ashley Greene Sobe" :drool:

[quote name='Koopa22']That would be Ashley Greene.

If you get a chance google image "Ashley Greene Sobe" :drool:[/QUOTE]

Damn I have the urge now to drink some Sobe. Those are some good pics.

We can have an Ashley Greene Esquire pic in any thread.

Those eyes are what gets me, you know she's up to no good.

Well eyes and the rest off her

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I just cracked my copy open. I'll try getting through it today while it's supposed to be 90* outside so I can take it to BB and trade in tomorrow.;)[/QUOTE]

Thank goodness i live on a lake!!!! :)

[quote name='shadowkast']Thank goodness i live on a lake!!!! :)[/QUOTE]

Oh man, I'm jealous! If I lived on a lake, I don't think I'd get any gaming in. You'd find me fishing day in, day out.

yeah she's hot as hell. nice scandal leaked pix also.

my wife is also 6 months prego and lil girl coming in nov. Lux Aeterna ;)

peace all

[quote name='Velo214']yeah she's hot as hell. nice scandal leaked pix also.

peace all[/QUOTE]

Congrats Velo. The next generation of CAGs are coming.

[quote name='Velo214']yeah she's hot as hell. nice scandal leaked pix also.

peace all[/QUOTE]

Congrats to you as well!

I think some time next year I'll get started on a baby Koopa

I just realized that shes the girl from Twilight. yeah she is definitely some sauce! and yes, being a married man, I have watched the Twilight movies. I can also give you the day by day from Days of Our Lives for the last 15 years :lol:

bread's done
Back