Borderlands - Gen. Discussion & Info - OUT NOW (8.0 GS, 8.8 IGN, 88 Metacritic)

[quote name='dmunkee']I know exactly what you mean. At first I thought it was because I kept finding pistols, but shotguns and rifles seem a bit "light" sounding.

Another gripe I have is that I wish you could manually drop waypoints on the map, I find myself checking it far too often to make sure I didn't pass where I should've gone.

Awesome game though. I keep switching between the hunter, siren, and soilder, all are about lvl. 10-15.[/QUOTE]
Me, md and esper were talking about that as well. There should at least be some sort of mini map. I honestly hate holding select every min to see where I am supposed to be headed.

[quote name='blader16']So how bad is the lag, glitches, freezing...etc... in this game?[/QUOTE]

It depends for me. I've had online games that have had 4 players run as smooth as butter, but 2 player games run horribly sluggish and everywhere in between. It's easy to jump from game to game though.

Outside of online play, you may have a quest item disappear which can be fixed by simply reloading your game. Though it seems the last patched took care of that bug. There is also a slight framerate drop sometimes when you score a critical, but it's nothing game breaking.

Those are my experiences anyway, though I don't know of any mid-late game glitches. Basically, any problems I've encountered with the game on a technical level haven't bothered me enough to not be addicted to it.

@blader16

Whats up, I will list the Issues I have ran in to.
The audio is out of sync like a skipping record.Really annoying
I have had to save quit then restart because bugs in quests.twice
Texture and level loading is horribly slow.every dam level
When fighting a large # of foes the frame rate will drop to a stutter for a few seconds.
I did not try co-op so I can't comment on that.

I quit playing the PS3 version because of all the above thank god i rented it.
I know that the PC version does not suffer from the above.
The only thing that bothers me about the PC version is that the menu control's clearly had no thought put behind them.

*don't get me wrong I LOVE this game but until a patch is applied I would recommend the PC version
Or wating untill the issues I mentioned are fixed or at the very least less commen.

/END TEXT WALL/

Thanks for the feedback. Quite a few other people from CAG have been telling me the same thing. I'll just have to wait till they patch it before I take the plunge.

EDIT: How soon do you think it'll be till they patch the VOIP problems & the framerates/lag?

Last edited by a moderator:
they released a patch on 10/30 ,that was before I started playing so my guess is 2-3 weeks.

here is a LINK to the PS3 forums I could not find a post referring to a new patch anywhere.

First DLC, The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, is out 11/24 at $9.99. I'll be grabbing the full game just after that, I hope. Looking to pick this up as a Black Friday deal.

[quote name='bmachine']I may be beating a dead horse here but I'm not giving Gearbox anymore money until they fix the VOIP on Borderlands.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I really hope this is patched before I start my play with the game.

Hmm. That's true bmachine.
Sucks that I have to use Skype.
Cross game chat was delayed for early next year as well.

Yeah, Mguiddy and I have gone the Skype route, as well. It's flawless, but it's not exactly convenient. At least the VOIP problem has finally been acknowledged as a "known issue" by Gearbox on their forums. Their workaround for now is to set the audio-out on chat to your TV or sound system. Weak.

We pulled a group of 4 together the other night and we actually contemplated using the group chat on our 360s!

I read about cross-game chat getting delayed...something about an issue with EA, I think. It's unfortunate, really.

[quote name='bmachine']Their workaround for now is to set the audio-out on chat to your TV or sound system. Weak.[/QUOTE]

Will actually stop the VOIP from dropping out all the time? It sounds annoying but if it means I can actually hear the chat I might do it. To me it sounded like the characters were talking more than you guys.

Also, I finished this up last night.
Here's where I'd complain about the ending being lame, but I blinked and missed the entire thing.
Looking forward to going doing a second playthrough with my ridiculous exploding guns.

bladder, as i stated in a previous post, i cant even get online. i got signed out of psn every single time but once (and luckily i got the two friends trophy the first game i joined. i forgot to change my character to the one i was using so i was a level 1 and just left).

there are people on the gearbox forums that insist its my connection (and everyone elses that is experiencing the problem i am. has nothing to do with the game or the devs). i cant see this as borderlands is the one and only game i have ever experienced problems with online. i get signed out of psn every time i start this game when i dont even click on online game.

the one time i did get online, my friends list was completely blank and i wasnt getting any of the invites my one friend was sending me. didnt say anyone was online or offline and i know of at least 6 people on my friends list that has this game.

i never got to experience this game the way i wanted. which was the only reason why i bought this game. very repetitive playing by yourself.

Turn off UPnP on your PS3 settings.
That fixed it for me and a friend of mine when we couldn't connect online at all first time out.

Yeah, I'm just gonna hold off on this till they deploy a patch.... if they can even fix such an array of problems.

I think I'm 3/4 of the way through the 2nd playthrough with my friend. Level 48.

Couple Cags joined in for a bit, most recently QuantumPulse. That was an intense little spiderant battle near the end there.

[quote name='dallow']Turn off UPnP on your PS3 settings.
That fixed it for me and a friend of mine when we couldn't connect online at all first time out.[/QUOTE]

my set up is exactly how it should be. its the shitty gamespy servers.

ive since been able to get on a few times, but the lag/frame rate issues are ridiculous with 4 players. i still periodically get signed out of psn for no reason though.

im bored with this game now and irked they are worrying more about getting the zombie dlc out before actually fixing all the issues with the disc game.

I feel really bad for you PS3 guys, cause this is such a great game. I've been having no problems on my 360, and I'm lovin every minute of it. I really hope they fix it for you guys before Borderlands 2 comes out!

[quote name='Mr Dude65']I feel really bad for you PS3 guys, cause this is such a great game. I've been having no problems on my 360, and I'm lovin every minute of it. I really hope they fix it for you guys before Borderlands 2 comes out![/QUOTE]

Or maybe they'll fix it as you're waiting for your RROD generator to come back from its next repair.

Thanks for sharing in the Sony forum though. Many of us are enjoying the game without many issues.

Dude, calm down. I didn't realize this was a PS3 only furom. And I wasn't trying to rub it in or anything, I was seriously saying that I can feel whar ur going through.

[quote name='dallow']I think I'm 3/4 of the way through the 2nd playthrough with my friend. Level 48.

Couple Cags joined in for a bit, most recently QuantumPulse. That was an intense little spiderant battle near the end there.[/QUOTE]

That was great. I never realized how many more enemies showed up when playing co-op :hot:, especially with us being on the second playthrough. Great hectic fun. i did feel a little underpowered though as I was about 4 levels behind when we started.

Almost finished with my second run through now. Have had zero issues with the single player campaign or connecting to online games. The VOIP is the only things that I have found to be an issue during two full play throughs.

So I got the game on release day, but I haven't played any co-op yet since none my friends got it. Anyone down to play sometime? It's been couple weeks since I've played, but I think I'm a Lv. 25ish(I don't really remember) soldier. Shoot me a PM if you want to play !

Am I
the only one that went WTF?!! at the ending? I mean, I thought there was supposed to be some badass weapons in the Vault and what really happened was me and my buddy got the key and turned it back to Tannis for a cash reward. I was very letdown, because at that stage of the game, the last thing I needed was cash. Because I'm loaded! But as I'm reading the posts the 2nd playthrough is very enjoyable, and I plan on playing that with my friend tonite so we can get to level 50 and then buy the zombie dlc. Can't wait! Great game, but the ending could of had a bit of sazz with some weapons, class mods, artifacts, shields or w.e. :roll:

[quote name='LordKefka06']Was the VOIP issue ever fixed?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, with BF fast approaching... I'd like to know if everything is the same or if some things have smoothed out.

[quote name='kidicarus23']Just to let you all know, the DLC is out now. I found it under new releases in the Playstation Store. It's 922 MB.[/QUOTE]

oooo, hopefully the dlc is worthwhile, thinking of getting this game on a black friday deal. Only thing stopping me is the voip issues. :drool:

Anyone interested in forming a group for the DLC? The group I'm in currently doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Currently trying to get another group going with rickshankshaw, I think we need 2 more people, give him a PM if interested.

[quote name='LordKefka06']Was the VOIP issue ever fixed?[/QUOTE]

Out of 20 or so odd games voice only sort of worked once. I hear it might work better using something other than the official mic, something like the camera maybe.

[quote name='LordKefka06']So how bad is the lag, glitches, freezing...etc... in this game?[/QUOTE]

I had no issues playing on my slow ass 1.5 meg crappy qwest internet. Everything runs pretty fine even when I host. I had two disconnects out of about 20 games or so.

[quote name='mguiddy']Maybe the VOIP issue is a limitation of the PS3 firmware... they need to have some conference calls with Team 17 to see how they got around that.:cool:[/QUOTE]

No voip works fine in burnout paradise and little big planet. This is problem with the game.

[quote name='Baron O Hell']No voip works fine in burnout paradise and little big planet. This is problem with the game.[/QUOTE]
That was a joke aimed at a few people that read this thread and the Worms thread.

So far, all enemies and bosses have been 42-43 which makes them cake.
Very anti-climatic when you see a boss intro only to have it die in a few seconds.

I hear it's better if you're in the 30ish range.

Goddammit. Gearbox Software are the masters of unrealized potential.

How can something so fun be so fundamentally disappointing? This game is infuriating.

it sucks you cant use your level 50s for it. but if you want to enjoy it, then why make new characters for the dlc?

[quote name='dallow']So far, all enemies and bosses have been 42-43 which makes them cake.
Very anti-climatic when you see a boss intro only to have it die in a few seconds.

I hear it's better if you're in the 30ish range.[/QUOTE]

Boo to this.

bread's done
Back