Borderlands - Gen. Discussion & Info - OUT NOW (8.0 GS, 8.8 IGN, 88 Metacritic)

My lvl 50 soldier is full machine gun and shotgun specced. Once you have weapon level maxed out and find a good machine gun or shotgun with good accuracy and next to no recoil, just zoom in and go nuts on head shots, it's sick.

I just got this game but Ive yet to start it. Do I need a template to work towards in order to not be gimped or will winging it suffice? Thanks.

No, you will be constantly upgrading your weapons and you can respec your character whenever you want for a small price. The only way to gimp your character is to keep using weapons not suited for the class. Like only leveling up sniper weapons with Brick.

Idk. I'm pretty bored with the game. The DLC is cool but I just cant get back into it. Maybe I should start a new character...

Just beat my first playthrough yesterday.
Okay, I did NOT expect that huge fucking alien to come blasting through the gate! Was pretty easy as far as last bosses go.

Now to get the rest of the trophies.

So I'm in need of a couple of people to help me out with the arena trophies. Anyone game (I'm a level 41 support gunner now)?

Also, has anyone else had a problem trying to get the trophy where you have to race around the track in a certain amount of time? Is there an actual quest involved, or do you just have to race around the track?

[quote name='punkmaggit']
Also, has anyone else had a problem trying to get the trophy where you have to race around the track in a certain amount of time? Is there an actual quest involved, or do you just have to race around the track?[/QUOTE]

You need to complete a lap in under 31 seconds. I didn't find any trick to it other than making laps until the trophy popped up :lol:

Just beat the Zombie Island DLC with my soldier last night, definitely liked the whole look and feel of it, and the zombies made interesting enough enemies. I got my soldier to level 45ish when it was all said and done. Totally pumped for the Mad Moxxi DLC coming in January.

Also, here are the details of the patch that came out this week, taken from the Gearbox forums:

• Characters that have lost skill points will have them returned the next time they are loaded.
  • Most instances involving character data loss when playing online should no longer occur.
  • Item cards now display the intended five lines of text.
  • Trophies should now unlock properly. Players should automatically receive trophies that did not unlock correctly.
  • Resolved an issue that caused optical audio to stutter.
  • Fixed a progression issue in the Find Steele mission - characters affected by this issue should now be able to continue progressing.
  • Some issues involving external data manipulation of the backpack and character level have been addressed.
  • The auto-aim option should now fully disable auto-aim properly.
  • Fixed a bug that kept challenges and achievements from unlocking for the rest of a session after visiting arenas.
  • Fixed some formatting issues with the server list screen.
  • Fixed an issue causing servers to report the incorrect plot mission.
  • Improved the speed of refreshing the server browser.
  • Proficiency progress to the next level should no longer be lost when leaving a multiplayer game as a client.
  • Lilith's "Silent Resolve" skill now works as intended.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed Mordecai to spawn multiple Bloodwings.
  • Mordecai's "Loaded" skill now increases mag capacity by 20%.
  • Roland's "Scattershot" skill has had its spread adjustment corrected, and damage now increases at +5 per level.
    This one is pretty nice, since, after taking it to 5/5, it gives shotguns a %25 damage bonus and -%25 to shotgun spread. Shotgun sniping is awesome! :D

[quote name='punkmaggit']So I'm in need of a couple of people to help me out with the arena trophies. Anyone game (I'm a level 41 support gunner now)?

Also, has anyone else had a problem trying to get the trophy where you have to race around the track in a certain amount of time? Is there an actual quest involved, or do you just have to race around the track?[/QUOTE]
I got the racing trophy last night without problems. Just follow this video to see where you need to line up and which route to take.youtube video

Also, all of the co-op trophies except for "And They'll Tell Two Friends" can be done split screen with a second controller. I actually found it easier this way since the second player can sit at the zone in and once your done, zone out so you don't have to run through the map again.

[quote name='Darknyss']I got the racing trophy last night without problems. Just follow this video to see where you need to line up and which route to take.youtube video

Also, all of the co-op trophies except for "And They'll Tell Two Friends" can be done split screen with a second controller. I actually found it easier this way since the second player can sit at the zone in and once your done, zone out so you don't have to run through the map again.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:k Thanks for the vid. I'll give it a try this afternoon, and the co-op thing as well. Maybe I'll have my wife join me in the arena :lol:.

*edit* Got the speedy and arena trophies, now just need to duel someone online for the other two. Any CAG's care to help a guy out?

*double edit* NVRMND.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this gallery of "illustrated photography" by Evan Hayden and the style reminds me a lot of Borderlands, especially "Lone Wolf." I believe he adds all the lines by hand. It's pretty cool seeing the effect on actual photos.

Some of the images are NSFW, but the two links above are fine.

Anyone know if there is sorta a recommended level to get Mad Moxi? I'm level 23 now (just got the game a couple days ago.) was thinking of grabbing this addon but wasn't sure if it would be worth it for my character yet.

The enemies scale to the level of the player(s). The impressions I've read of the new DLC are horrible (it's boring, repetitive, rounds are too long, no experience, no loot, etc). I'd get Zombie Island before getting Mad Moxi if I were you.

Just finished the last boss. Ended out with my Soldier on Level 37 Tactician. Now what? I still have some trophies to unlock, but damn.....how in the hell am I going to cap out at 50?!

[quote name='GTmaster39']Just finished the last boss. Ended out with my Soldier on Level 37 Tactician. Now what? I still have some trophies to unlock, but damn.....how in the hell am I going to cap out at 50?![/QUOTE]

2nd playthrough brotha.
all the enemies are leveled and have sweet new names.
I finished the game at level 36. I started the 2nd playthrough and the first bandits in the game were level 34. Bruisers are now called Brutes and 'badass..' enemies are "badmotha..'
New weapons, new loot, new awesome.

[quote name='marella152']2nd playthrough brotha.
all the enemies are leveled and have sweet new names.
I finished the game at level 36. I started the 2nd playthrough and the first bandits in the game were level 34. Bruisers are now called Brutes and 'badass..' enemies are "badmotha..'
New weapons, new loot, new awesome.[/QUOTE]

Sweet Nectar of Life! That sounds like fun! I still need to snag a couple more Claptraps so I might be a little busy before I take on that second play through. Thanks for the heads up. Should I go ahead and download Dr. Neds Zombie Island and beat that before I do the second quest?

[quote name='GTmaster39']Sweet Nectar of Life! That sounds like fun! I still need to snag a couple more Claptraps so I might be a little busy before I take on that second play through. Thanks for the heads up. Should I go ahead and download Dr. Neds Zombie Island and beat that before I do the second quest?[/QUOTE]
If you're getting Zombie Island, yeah, do that before leveling up much past where you are now. The enemies there don't scale (unless that's been patched... though I doubt it) and they're all around 39 if I recall correctly.

If it's anything like the PC version, the Zombie Island will scale to you. I don't know if it sets its level to what you are when you first entered, to what you are now, or what. Just know that entering on my lvl 44 Siren presented me with lvl 44 zombies.

Okay... Just looked back in the thread... The enemies were all 43-44, not around 39 like I said earlier. I was just remembering wrong. Playing through with a 50 made it too easy.

Play one game online. That thing gets passed around like a STD. If you still don't have it, I'll help you out.

[quote name='Dahk']I just started playing this over the weekend and I love it. Very fun game indeed.[/QUOTE]

If you need help on any of the missions my gamertag is DCstarClassic. I dont grab cash or weapons, I have everything I need. Its all yours. I just want to obtain the multiplayer trophies.

[quote name='GTmaster39']If you need help on any of the missions my gamertag is DCstarClassic. I dont grab cash or weapons, I have everything I need. Its all yours. I just want to obtain the multiplayer trophies.[/QUOTE]

one thing that i love about this game is that if a player picks up money, it gets given to every player.

[quote name='jonlubbe']one thing that i love about this game is that if a player picks up money, it gets given to every player.[/QUOTE]

Yeah money and XP is shared, which is great.

[quote name='Dahk']Just beat the fnal boss. Man was the ending dissapointing...[/QUOTE]

Hopefully the new expansion will be different. You're not the only one who was let down by the ending. Fighting my way to the damn guy was harder then actually fighting it.

The first time I beat it, my character was on the verge of dying. No one was able to revive me be because the ending was going and I ended up missing part of the ending. Haha. I had to beat the boss a second time to see the entire thing, but was disappointed by the ending anyways.

everyone i know says the ending is the worst thing ever. A friend told me that Borderlands was GOTY for him one week, and the next week (after he finished it), he refused to recommend the game to anyone and frowned when I said I bought it.

Add me if you want to play, I plan on beating this game this week with my Siren, then my Soldier (both lvl 25). If I can get a couple games with higher lvl players I can gain more xp in a faster manner. And I am interested in getting the multiplayer trophies as well.

[quote name='nbballard']everyone i know says the ending is the worst thing ever. A friend told me that Borderlands was GOTY for him one week, and the next week (after he finished it), he refused to recommend the game to anyone and frowned when I said I bought it.[/QUOTE]

The ending sucks hard. REALLY HARD, but the rest of the game is enjoyable, plus the developer seems keen on continual support, with all these DLC packs being released. I rented the game when it came out, and just picked it up again because of how much Gearbox is supporting it, plus I really want that platinum.

Looking foward to this DLC. Sounds better then Mad Moxxi's dlc IMO. I liked the music and the new character Mad Moxxi, but that dlc is just too time consuming and if you're playing with lvl 50's its even worse. Its easier to go splitscreen with a lower lvl character as lead, but still time consuming. I just have the 3 bigger challenges left... Guess I should finish that...

Yep 9.99, downloading it right now. Cant wait to kill some more things and collect some cool guns.

Ok, I need help. I bought and downloaded the DLC. I keep on trying to install it but I get error 80029564 after 14 percent. Any tips?

[quote name='wildcpac']Ok, I need help. I bought and downloaded the DLC. I keep on trying to install it but I get error 80029564 after 14 percent. Any tips?[/QUOTE]

sounds like a corripted file, you will probably have to delete it and then redownload the file.

Wow oh wow, this is some good dlc. But be prepared to lose some money in game. I've died countless times from the fucking Lance. I really hated Old Haven because that town was filled with 'em and so is this place. But I love a challenge. I like some of the new baddies to kill. Those drifters are insane! They jump on you once and its over! And you can't outrun these Daddy-Long-Legs on steroids! Midgets on Skags are downright hilarious. I really like this dlc that gearbox has put out and hope for more in the future.

Corrosive weapons are your friend against the Lance, at least once I started using a corrosive sniper in Old Haven it became a lot easier.

bread's done
Back