Boycott Fable 2

Robjus

CAG Veteran
I must admit, I have been really hyped for Fable 2 for sometime and loved the first game even though it had many short coming. But I say enough is enough. First they take out the online Co-Op and while they say to hope to have a patch ready day one I doubt any of us are foolish enough to believe it will be ready then, if ever. I say at the earliest it will be 3 months.

And then they cut most of the bonus stuff from the Collector's Edition? Why offer this stuff and then say you can't provide it anymore due to supply issues? What, to many people want to hand over even more money to you for some odd ball items? Then increase production.

Who knows what else they've cut from the game like the first time around. I am sick of these companies making promises they then cut, and shipping games that aren't finished yet. Why not send a message to Lionhead Studios and Microsoft that you don't enjoy paying for unfinished games and hoping for a patch in the future, and having your features and bonus content cut by not buying this game?

IF they were truely sorry why not upgrade all of the games with the very limited and mostly pointless bonus content that you now get in the collectors edition?

Nope I shall not boyscott, they say the online co-op patch should be out the week of release, and remember Local-Co op is straight out the box

Honestly I was never huge about online co-op so I don't mind having to wait a few days for a patch.

Since I have the standard edition pre-ordered from Amazon (and I'm getting a $10 Amazon gift card) I really don't care they cut stuff from the collector's edition. Plus they lowered the price, and no one is forcing you to buy the CE.

From what I understand Peter wasn't allowed to talk about features until they were 100% sure they would make it into the game, so I doubt anything he's talked about has gotten cut.

I originally bought the LE for the bonus content, so I'll gladly take a $10 drop and still keep the DLC. It's perfectly fine by me. Besides, Fable is built around a single-player experience, so it's not like NOT having co-op on day 1 is that big of a loss, if any. Jesus, they even said they're aiming for a first week patch update for it, what more do you want?

i think you are over reacting, so far the only things that have been taken out are NOT game content related in the LE version. its just the box and a few trinkets. they probably had some factory issues with the company that made the trinkets.

and the co-op thing is no big deal, its probably just has a lot of lag issues, so they want to work it out before they release it, but they really want everyone to start playing.

How about we wait for the reviews first? Or just put your money towards another holiday release, what better way to show your dislike for a game than to buy its competition. I mean did you really expect the sequel to live up to the hype that spews from its creators mouth? Save your money and your breath OP.

So let me get this straight...
You're not going to buy a game you were excited for because you have to wait 3-7 days for one of the features to show up.

While I agree that it sucks that they have to patch a Co-Op online but to boycott a game because of it kinda silly.

Now boycotting a game for them removing some of the CE stuff, thats stupid. You aren't paying for it anymore they are taking $10 off the price tag. You still get the in game content that was promised which is what I wanted.

You enjoy boycotting the game, I will be enjoying running around partaking in orgies and other debauchery and kicking chickens.

ummm...hmmm...NO. I'm not boycotting a game for them pulling content out of a collectors edition I wasn't even going to buy! People need to relax online co-op will be there eventually it still has local co-op if the collectors edition nerf bothers you DON'T BUY IT, get the regular one instead *shrugs*.

After being disappointed by the length of the original Fable (considering the ludicrous dearth of RPGs on the original XBox, I thought it strange that Fable would be such a drop in the bucket content-wise), I thought they'd learn to keep Peter's mouth shut until things were more finalized. I most definitely will be waiting for reviews before purchasing, and this sort of shift right before release doesn't add to the confidence I have that Fable 2 will deliver. Perhaps it's nothing, and for any other game, I'd say so... but with the reputation for under-delivering from these guys, it gives me pause.

I'll get the game...the regular edition, bu ti'll also be waiting for some reviews before blindly making the purchase. But i'm fairly sure the game will be good.

I'm so pumped for this game that I'll be getting it co-op or no co-op. 18 more days to go. Can't fucking wait! I'll have just about a week to get through most of the game before Fallout 3. Late October = Sleepless nights.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Wait. They cut the LE? I'm missing something?[/QUOTE]

Alrighty. No Fate Cards, Figure, or Metal Case. Not sure whats the point on calling it a Limited Edition. You get a really nothing besides in game items. Not sure if its worth the extra 10 anymore. May have to pick up the regular edition.:whistle2:k

Didnt the first fable go through something just like this? They promised a butt load by as release day came over 60% of the promised content was taken out?

I see no need for a boycott. Looks like the game is going to deliver everything. Co-op isn't being taken away, just patched in within a few days after release. The LE version's loss isn't even worth crying over. Fake tarot cards that are probably not even relevant to any realworld fortune deck and a plastic Hobbe figure that is pretty pathetic based on the pics of it I've seen.

The in-game content is all still there, which is the only reason I got the LE anyway. Hopefully they'll maybe be able to put everyting in a steelbook now, or at least have a slipcover. 360 game slipcovers are nice as hell. I like them better than steelbooks.

nope, still gonna be one of the best games ever, Fable STILL is. the CE was weak to begin with, fate cards? what the hell are those. with a game as deep and beautiful as fable, there should've been an artwork book release, like gears and fallout 3. something tangible and with a "replay" factor to it. if they ever release an artwork book, i'm there...

[quote name='Soodmeg']Didnt the first fable go through something just like this? They promised a butt load by as release day came over 60% of the promised content was taken out?[/QUOTE]

Peter Molyneux promised a shit ton of things in Fable 1 that you could do or be done. They say they scraped a lot of his idea's. That was in game though. I hope Fable 2 lives up to the hype i'm giving it.

I already canceled my pre order. I will wait until its $30 to pick it up (which based on Fable should be around xmas time). Theres no reason to pay full price for a game nowadays unless its an XBLA game.

I find it hard to believe that this thread and the idea behind it have not whipped up a firestorm of support here. Oh shoot, I told myself I wasn't going to use sarcasm today. #-o

I just got an email from Amazon telling me about the contents change, no offer of a GC for my inconvenience, and there's no reason they should as it's not Amazon's fault, but thats what I was holding out for.

So I cancelled and ordered the regular Edition with the $10 GC, whats left in the LE isn't worth the extra money to me, but each to their own.

I did want the Hobbe Qee as I collect Qees, but I don't think it's reason to boycott the game, I really liked the original Fable.

Im just pissed i bought it for $66.99 on amazon when it was still $79.99 and idont get to take advantage of the new $10 price drop. But i did at least get a $10 Amazon GC since they ran out of Pub Codes, which i turned around and used on the game to lower it to $56.99. Overall im dissappointed but i will not be cancelling.

So what is the Making Of DVD going to show..

'Here we are chopping off game features..over here, you will see us not adding in things to the game that we promised..and over here is our manufacturing team all fast asleep..The End'

Still should be a fun game though. ;)

Does this mean I have to boycott the $30 used copy I'll buy in 9 months too?

This is the dumbest thread I've ever read through. What a dumb topic. Fail, indeed.

Waah, I don't want to play a game that will probably be really really good cuz I'm not getting a knick knack and i won't be able to play with my friends online for a week, waaah.

Im not getting it now :( I was, but meh.. too many other games are out right now.. waiting for a price drop.

The limited edition isnt limited anymore...

I'm not sure if I'll buy the game as I never was. But those changes don't bother me.

I'm not very interested in online co-op for this kind of RPG. These types of games are sheerly single player experiences for me. And I couldn't care less about the collector's editions as I've never bought one. I don't like accumulating useless knick knacks, especially gaming knick knacks. I just want the game to play, beat and then sell/trade.

[quote name='Kaijufan']

From what I understand Peter wasn't allowed to talk about features until they were 100% sure they would make it into the game, so I doubt anything he's talked about has gotten cut.[/quote]

Plenty was cut, sadly, Trees were supposed to "grow" and age along with you, that was cut.

There was also talk about a guild system, that was cut.

And of course the online Co-op that was cut, and will SUPPOSEDLY be back in a week after launch... mark my words though, it wont.

----

I wanted to buy this game, I really did.... but I only wanted to buy it for the online Co-op to play with a buddy of mine.

If thats gone, then so am I, no reason to get it as a Day 1 release anymore, IMO. I'll wait till its patched in, and by that time, I can prob get it used somewhere or on ebay, for much cheaper then new.

Sorry, I enjoyed the first game. I took it seriously and did not just run around killing everyone I could find. The knick knacks would have been nice, but I am willing to spend a bit extra of my hard earned money for the in-game content...(which may be downloadable later...but would probably cost $10 anyway.)

[quote name='hoho-jijo']Sorry, I enjoyed the first game. I took it seriously and did not just run around killing everyone I could find. The knick knacks would have been nice, but I am willing to spend a bit extra of my hard earned money for the in-game content...(which may be downloadable later...but would probably cost $10 anyway.)[/quote]

So buy the regular edition and get a $10 GC from Amazon and still be $10 ahead after DLC. I am waiting. Hopefully Amazon will compensate for this fuck up, even though it is not their fault.

These extras are worth maybe $5 now. When I had the LE for $67 with the nicer case, the figure and whatnot, it was worth the extra money. Not now.

[quote name='Kendal'] Hopefully Amazon will compensate for this fuck up, even though it is not their fault.
[/quote]

I got an email from them today, doesn't seem like they are.

[quote name='daschrier']Why not boycott on the grounds that it's going to be a turd just like the first game?[/QUOTE]

How dare you.

You're a turd.

bread's done
Back