Breaking Bad Appreciation Thread

[quote name='shieryda']"No more half-measures, Walter."[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that story was a great moment. It took a while to pay off for the episode, but boy did it pay off big.

[quote name='shieryda']Holy shit. I was NOT expecting that. So effing awesome.

"Run."[/QUOTE]

I was like holy shit and then walt finished the job and my jaw must have hit the floor

Yeah, it was amazing enough when
the vehicle came flying in from out of nowhere. When the trigger was pulled, I yelled "No way!" and jumped up off the couch.

I thought for sure that
Tomas would end up eating the burgers and dying from that. Boy, was I wrong. Gus is a total bad-ass gangsta now.

Can't wait til Walt Jr's driving test next week. Walt said he "would be there with bells on". A subtle reference to Uncle Tio?

just got done watching episode 12 and holy fucking shit. can this show get any better? i've got the night off sunday to actually watch the season finale so i can't wait!

[quote name='pinebarrens']Can't wait til Walt Jr's driving test next week.[/QUOTE]
This is the kind of subtle black humor in BB that I love: Walt Jr was supposed to use Walt's Aztek for his driving test. They agree on it at the beginning of the episode. So once he picks the drug dealer out of the grill and gets yet another windshield, sure kid, feel free to haul the ol' Aztek out for your license exam.

Yeah, it made him look like a real cry baby. I'm surprised that Marie stuck with him and is pretty much wearing the pants at this point.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

ck.

Holy shit....I have to wait till next season now!?!!?

Wow they have a whole lot to build off of that last episode. So many questions left, the biggest being what happened in the last scene (Jesse probably when through with it, but maybe not...).

Overall this season was fantastic. This is one hell of a show.

[quote name='antlp89']Overall this season was fantastic. This is one hell of a show.[/QUOTE]
Yeah as far as maintaining dramatic tension goes, I can't think of a better season of TV. Early on they set up the Cousins as being the big bad guys, and TV being what it is, it was only natural to assume that there would be a showdown with the Cousins at the END of this season, not in the middle. It was a genuine treat to watch them blow that convention out of the water and then effortlessly shift from the Cousins to Gus.

The only episode in the season some might fault is the show set entirely in the batcave. (I liked it, but I can see how others wouldn't). Otherwise, I'd think the consensus is that they didn't miss on a single episode. It's amazing. Top to bottom, this season was as thrilling as it gets on TV.

And it's not that it's all about the thrills: both the leads added so much depth to these characters. It's funny how it took Walt a whole season to figure out what Jesse knew at the very start (re: bad guys). Boy is Jesse in for a ride.

Can't wait for Season 4, though, with as good as this season was, I'd be happy to call it quits here. It was such a good finish.

There is no guarantee that it was dale getting shot at the end. It could have been Jessie getting shot at the end. The Mexican left the warehouse to go to the apartment.

[quote name='wildcpac']There is no guarantee that it was dale getting shot at the end. It could have been Jessie getting shot at the end. The Mexican left the warehouse to go to the apartment.[/QUOTE]

In interviews, Vince Gilligan said there's not supposed to be any ambiguity in the ending.
Jesse shot Gale and killed him.

[quote name='karsh']In interviews, Vince Gilligan said there's not supposed to be any ambiguity in the ending. [/QUOTE]

I assumed this but it's good to have it stated explicitly. Thanks for the tip!

[quote name='neverletthem']
Dang, and I was actually starting to like Gale. But, it had to be done.
[/QUOTE]

I'm not so sure. I believe that Gail wanted to warn Walt, but couldn't.

Seemed like he did to me and that's why the Mexican guard was there in the lab with them.

I didn't bother with the Rubicon crap.

[quote name='shieryda']I'm not so sure. I believe that Gail wanted to warn Walt, but couldn't.[/QUOTE]

He had attempted to, but couldn't due to the guard (has he even been named?). Now, had the attempted killing of Walt not had happened that night, the death of him could have potentially been avoided. But, once that situation came up it was either Walt or Gale that would die, and to keep Walt alive, the killing had to be done, as there is no simple reasoning with Mike.

Gale is dead. Jessie had a 20 minute head start and was too flustered when he pulled the trigger to not have actually done it. No one gets to that point and then pulls the trigger. You are gonna relax first if you dont do it. He stood there building up the courage thinking about owing Walt his life and not himself wanting to be hunted down and killed...then he pulled the trigger.

So do you think that
Walt gave up the address so that Jesse could be taken out at the same time as Gale, thus putting himself back in Gus' good graces? Killing 2 birds with one stone, so to speak.

[quote name='shieryda']So do you think that
Walt gave up the address so that Jesse could be taken out at the same time as Gale, thus putting himself back in Gus' good graces? Killing 2 birds with one stone, so to speak.
[/QUOTE]

He gave up the address so that Mike knew he wasnt bluffing to avoid being killed on the spot

[quote name='Malik112099']He gave up the address so that Mike knew he wasnt bluffing to avoid being killed on the spot[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Walt's had more than enough chances to sell out or abandon Jesse. It's funny how in protecting Jesse so fiercely, he's now turned him into something that just last episode Walt didn't want Jesse to become. It's hard to say if it's "for the right reasons," because Walt knew what he was getting into, he knows that he's Heisenberg, the Bad Guy. There's got to be a part of him that knows that he's delaying the inevitable in holding off Gus this one time.

My only hope for this next season, which I've read is the last, is that they don't have Walt's cancer recur and kill him. If he dies, I want it to have something to do with the series of decisions he's made in cooking and becoming a figure in the criminal world.

Also, the producers did a good job of presenting Mike, Gus's right hand. The story from the next to last was a good moment, and we come to find out this last ep that he's just a cool grandad who kills with balloons and shoes.

[quote name='dothog']Yeah, Walt's had more than enough chances to sell out or abandon Jesse. It's funny how in protecting Jesse so fiercely, he's now turned him into something that just last episode Walt didn't want Jesse to become. It's hard to say if it's "for the right reasons," because Walt knew what he was getting into, he knows that he's Heisenberg, the Bad Guy. There's got to be a part of him that knows that he's delaying the inevitable in holding off Gus this one time.

My only hope for this next season, which I've read is the last, is that they don't have Walt's cancer recur and kill him. If he dies, I want it to have something to do with the series of decisions he's made in cooking and becoming a figure in the criminal world.

Also, the producers did a good job of presenting Mike, Gus's right hand. The story from the next to last was a good moment, and we come to find out this last ep that he's just a cool grandad who kills with balloons and shoes.[/QUOTE]

Mike = Sam Fisher (but without all the cool gadgets).:D

That whole scene in the warehouse was amazing. How does the Asian guy fit in (I guess he's Gus' chemical supplier)?

[quote name='shieryda']Mike = Sam Fisher (but without all the cool gadgets).:D

That whole scene in the warehouse was amazing. How does the Asian guy fit in (I guess he's Gus' chemical supplier)?[/QUOTE]

the mexican guys are trying to move in and they took over the chemical place...Mike got it back

[quote name='Malik112099']the mexican guys are trying to move in and they took over the chemical place...Mike got it back[/QUOTE]

Cool. Thanks for clearing that one up. I wasn't giving the episode my full attention last night. Damn you, Facebook!:D

There must be another up-and-comer in south of the border then? The main dude was killed in that "raid". Or perhaps that takeover of the chemicals had already occurred prior to the set-up by Gus.

Perfect timing.

First season of Game of Thrones just ended (This show is Awesome!) so between Breaking Bad Season 4 and new season of True Blood, these will hold me over until Season 2 of Game of Thrones (Clash of Kings).

This is one of those shows that is incredibly suspenseful. I can honestly say I never know what's going to happen. I read in some of the earlier posts how the Season 2 finale stunk but honestly it's what got me hooked. This show uses the concept of a mcguffin really well and that's such a throwback. Tie-ins, cameos, and predictable poetic justice is best left for one of my other shows, One Tree Hill.

Premiers in 2 days! woot!

I love this show. Great writing, great cinematography, very suspenseful. I always liked Bryan Cranston on Malcolm in the Middle, but I never realized what an amazing actor he is.

I realize this wasn't a huge episode for surprises and thrills, but I think it was good. I especially liked the difference in reactions from Jesse and Walt. Jesse's been through far more than Walt to this point, and I liked how clear-eyed he was relative to Walt during the "surprise."
As soon as Mike remarked on the bystanders, we knew that was curtains for Vic. I even thought he'd get it sooner, but once Mike made the call, and then Gus started getting dressed up, I realized they were playing it for intimidation points.

Right now Jesse's the character I'm most interested in. Mike is also compelling, his reaction was hard to gauge, it's hard to know what he's got up his sleeve, but
maybe his loyalty to Gus is on the wane? I can see that maybe Mike doesn't approve of Gus's methods, but Mike *had* to know that Gus would want Victor disposed of, wouldn't he? I'm a little confused by Mike's reaction to Gus, not necessarily in a bad way.

I think the final reveal suggests the authorities
may claim that they've found their Heisenberg? Maybe this gets Hank back in the game somehow, he's not convinced that Gale is Heisenberg and so he renews his investigation, perhaps privately.

Anyhow, good episode. I don't know what they're building to, but this episode didn't feel like a bad or wasted step toward whatever that is.

Man, I cant want until this comes to netflix...I want to start this show so bad but cant watch it on tv.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Man, I cant want until this comes to netflix...I want to start this show so bad but cant watch it on tv.[/QUOTE]

Rent the DVD's via NetFlix or use various streaming websites (Megavid, etc), ASAP.

As someone who watches Dexter/Sons of Anarchy/Friday Night Lights, this is the best show on TV by far.

The scene with Gus and the box cutter was some of the most tense shit ever in television history.

bread's done
Back