Breaking Bad Appreciation Thread

Stupid recording was canceled on Sun so I had to wait for today for it to record. Wow in the beginning, wow in the middle and... yep wow in the end. Christ. My brain is wacked out.

Thread needs more spoilers. I'm just getting caught up to the most recent episode. Wish I hadn't read post #192.

I think I have just one more episode on my dvr, so I'll try and catch up tonight.

Edit: Holy SHIT!!! One of the best episodes EVER!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda sad the Twins are gone already. :(

Why do they just break the phone? Don't they know their fingerprints is all over it?

Can't wait to see what Walt's old lab partner is going to do once he finds out he's being replaced. Also, without watching last night's show, I have to assume that the caller warning Hank about the 2 men was Walt's employer.

Gustavo is a baaaaaaddddd ass!!!

[quote name='VipFREAK']
Kinda sad the Twins are gone already. :(

Why do they just break the phone? Don't they know their fingerprints is all over it?
[/QUOTE]

Does it really matter about the phone? He could easily say he found a broken phone at the restaurant and tossed it in the garbage. Plus who is going to know to look through the garbage for a broken phone. Plus the phone probably has all sorts of chicken crap all over it.

[quote name='Logg']I am really starting to think this show is better then the wire......[/QUOTE]

Breaking bad is Awesome...but come on man....the Wire is Brilliant and easily the best TV series

[quote name='evildeadjedi']This show is very good but I would definitely not put it on the same pedestal as The Wire or even the first four seasons of The Sopranos.[/QUOTE]

I dunno. I couldn't get into the Sopranos because no matter what they did, the material never went beyond the Wise Guy/Goombah theme for me. I'm not a big fan of mafia drama. By the same token, most drug culture flicks feel tired to me, but Breaking Bad found a way to go beyond that theme.

No matter where it is ranked in countless lists and arguments over lists, the show is certainly deserving of all the praise it receives. Lately it has managed to bring movie-sized thrills to the TV in the way that, for instance, Battlestar made big, real space warfare burst out of the TV. It's a hell of an accomplishment. The big scene with the cousins and Hank two episodes ago was suspenseful and thrilling in a way that even the great TV dramas I've seen couldn't pull off if they tried to.

[quote name='Malik112099']Why does Jesse keep actively fucking up?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it seems inevitable that Jesse will become even more of a liability as an "insider" than he was as an "outsider" to Walt and Gus's operation. It'll be fun to see what Walt does then -- or rather, what Gus does, and how Walt reacts to it.

Hey I have never seen an episode of this tv show, am I too late to get into it ?? I just spent the last 6 years of my life watching Lost so I think I need to find a new series.
Thanks for any suggestions

I'm sorry. Anyway, uh... The first season is a bit slow, but you get a feel for the characters and all. I'd try to start from the beginning. I suppose you could jump in although you'd be a bit confused.

Man, I thought for sure that Walt was going to spill the beans
about him not helping Jesse's girlfriend as she was choking on her own vomit. I think there was a serious foreshadowing when Walt told Jesse that he wouldn't be able to protect him.

[quote name='VipFREAK']
If he did I thought for sure Jesse would kill him right then and there.
[/QUOTE]

Indeed.
The ladder scene had me kinda nervous, too.

This week's should be pretty good. Only 3 more episodes left!

[quote name='shieryda']
The ladder scene had me kinda nervous, too.
[/QUOTE]

I thought for sure his ass would fall. lol

[quote name='shieryda'] Only 3 more episodes left![/QUOTE]

If the previews are anywhere like it looked shit is gonna start hitting the fan. Gonna be wild. lol

[quote name='VipFREAK']
I thought for sure his ass would fall. lol

If the previews are anywhere like it looked shit is gonna start hitting the fan. Gonna be wild. lol[/QUOTE]

I just wonder what Hank is going to do once he finds out that Walt had something to do with his getting shot. And the fact that Walt's the culprit behind the meth.

Yeah it was a pretty slow drawn out episode. They are trying to make the fly a source of symbolism, I get it. Overall kind of a time waster, but it will probably strengthen future episodes and the tension between Walt and Jesse was great.

Kind of silly to me to have a filler episode when they only do 13 episodes a season tops. I was zoning out while watching and I Love Breaking Bad.

It was slow, but I liked how they showed Jesse's softer side. He's really trying to clean up his act, but yet he wants that scratch just as badly (if not worse than) as Walt.

I think it was starting to get tedious until Jesse talked about his aunt and the possum that hit it home for me and makes me think the fly was symbolizing Walt losing his mind more and more (maybe both of them). The tension of the ladder scene was excellent also. I think they are also showing how Jesse and Walt's relationship is very unstable and the slightest problem could end it all .

For the person wondering if they can get into the series it's really not that hard. The first season was only seven episodes and the second was thirteen and the third is still airing right now with three episodes left.

i think it is hitting walt how much of a fine line they are walking. One little screw up and they could be killed. The yield being slightly off, a fly showing up in some meth or anything else one might normally think insignificant could lead to their death by the pollos guy or anyone else in that meth circle for that matter. I just cant beieve how unbelievably stupid Jesse is being. Stealing from their yield and competing with his own product with 2 morons. His friend and girlfriend died and he was almost dragged to Mexico by a fucking lunatic and he still goes about screwing up.

I just posted about the BSG in the TV finales thread and then immediately switched to this thread, and in doing so I realized that Breaking Bad and BSG are similar (IMO) in that they're terrific shows that don't seem to get the credit they deserve. There's lots of critical acclaim for each, but in my experience, if I mention BSG or Breaking Bad to a friend or throw it into a discussion of good TV, I usually get a half response along the lines of "Oh, that's the show Dwight likes" for BSG or "Oh, you mean the show on the Mad Men channel?" for Breaking Bad.

The latter case is particularly frustrating, because though Mad Men has a big viewership it isn't half the show Breaking Bad is (again, IMO).

All of this comes up because I thought this past episode with just Walt and Jesse was great stuff. It's a testament to how strong the acting and writing is on this show, that they can spend that much time in Walt's batcave and draw the viewer in. I mean, we knew that neither would die (in spite of all the teasing of ladders falling), but the writers did a great job of making the tension in that lab palpable. I was feeling like Walt, in his stupor, was going to spill the beans about Jane.

It's just a great show. It's a testament to how far TV has overtaken film, that something THIS good can be on TV and receive nowhere near the audience it deserves because there's so much other quality stuff out there on TV. This season has been amazing.

The ending of the last episode was great, should make the next couple episodes/season finale really interesting. Good stuff.

I liked the beginning of this episode.
Last weeks ep. began with the birth of a fly while Skylar was singing the lullaby to her newborn baby. This is the moment Walt says would have been the perfect time for him to die. In this weeks ep. we see Jesse and Jane discussing art in his car, and then we find out where the lipstick stained cigarette originated. Jesse seemed to be his happiest at this moment, and this could parallel Walt's thoughts about dying at the perfect time from the previous episode.

Question - the last few episodes have been ending with "There are only X episodes left of Breaking Bad."
Please tell me they mean "this season" - has anyone heard if it's ending after this season?

Last season, I read the creator planned the show to run for 4 seasons. This is season 3 right now, so it should be returning for at least one more season.

What an episode. The scene in Gus's mobile home at the chicken farm was intense. The writers have such a great sense of humor, too: the opening montage to introduce the bj gal was good, as was Marie betting on whether or not "the groundhog" would see its shadow. And what a finish.

Hard to believe there's still an episode left. This show is so good.

bread's done
Back