Breaking Bad Appreciation Thread

My friend fast-forward thought the commercial for it. (stupid American idiot night on my day off with friends) Can't wait.

Check out www.bettercallsaul.com for a chuckle.

This awesome new ad was on the back cover of a magazine I bought recently, as well:

bb1sm.jpg

I actually didn't care for the premiere. The two hitmen are shaping up to make this into a sweet season but I thought this episode was just a giant setup overall. Not too much happened other than Walt admitting he sold drugs.

I really hope Hank and Walt work together as an epic drug front. Also I think the pollo pusher will end up seeking revenge on Walt for backing out.

Bryan Cranston was on Faillon tonight. He was the only reason I bothered to watch that shitty piece of shit show hosted by an idiotic fuck. Anyway, he was in Airwolf as a bad guy. lol, He also talk about more insight into Breaking Bad.
The creator wanted to take a nice normal guy and make him into Al Capone.
Makes me like the show even more and makes the coming seasons more awesome.

The sneak peek for next weeks episode is spoilerific. Certainly explains the ending of this weeks episode though.

Damn, I think Jesse is about to get caught and how Walt will get him out of it is beyond me.

Personally I think
Walt will somehow prevent Jesse from going to jail and in return Jesse will end up saving Walt from the Juarez brothers once his "cooking period" is up and they go after him.

Best episode yet this season
The RV standoff with Hank while Walt and Pinkmin are in the RV, and then The polo chicken drug boss giving up Hank Shreader identity to the Juarez twins

This season turned awesome really really quick thanks to this episode

[quote name='Poor2More']Best episode yet this season
The RV standoff with Hank while Walt and Pinkmin are in the RV, and then The polo chicken drug boss giving up Hank Shreader identity to the Juarez twins

This season turned awesome really really quick thanks to this episode[/QUOTE]

YES! it was great!
When Walt made the call in the RV I was like WHO IS HE CALLING!??!??!?!?!? Good shit! Hank looked like he was gonna have a fucking stroke when he got the call at the hospital!

Seriously tonights episode was INTENSE. The last 2 lines of the episode left my speechless. Next weeks episode needs to come out NOW. lol.

Trying to avoid spoilers but I have a question. This show comes HIGHLY recommended from many sources so I decided to give it a try. After three episodes I'm not really liking it. Does the show change its formula or get more interesting or does it try to do something similar to 'Weeds' by just getting more and more ridiculous in the plot threads?

IMO the last episode of the first season is when it starts getting good. It'd say it's like Weeds, but it's more serious and a lot more hard core.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Trying to avoid spoilers but I have a question. This show comes HIGHLY recommended from many sources so I decided to give it a try. After three episodes I'm not really liking it. Does the show change its formula or get more interesting or does it try to do something similar to 'Weeds' by just getting more and more ridiculous in the plot threads?[/QUOTE]

you need to give it a chance. 3 episodes? They are trying to build a background to a story that is going to possible last years. Stick it out a few more. It is my favorite show on tv right now

this weeks episode was so f'n epic.

I thought Hank was gonna have a heart attack at the end there.

should be interesting where walt and jesse go after going though that, the rv gone, and the new lab partner.

and of course there's the two brothers.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']I thought Hank was gonna have a heart attack at the end there. [/QUOTE]

lol, I kinda feel like the guy is gonna have a heart attack before he can get whacked. Either way I think he's... screwed.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Trying to avoid spoilers but I have a question. This show comes HIGHLY recommended from many sources so I decided to give it a try. After three episodes I'm not really liking it. Does the show change its formula or get more interesting or does it try to do something similar to 'Weeds' by just getting more and more ridiculous in the plot threads?[/QUOTE]

I'd have to say that if you don't like the first three episodes of this show, then this show isn't for you.

Ding! Without spoilers, how was tonights episode?

Hydro, the first couple of episodes are pretty slow. The show really does pick up by the end of the season and into season 2. Think of it as like most shows just trying to find it's legs and then running the ball. Plus there are only like 25 episodes total so far. So it's not like the show is some big time waste. 40 minutes a day for a month and you have watched the whole entire series. Character development, storylines, plot arcs are very much worth a shot.

fuck yeah, Walt and Jesse back at it again. I have a feeling that the ex-lab partner is going to want revenge or something. He seemed super fishy to begin with (I thought he was going to kill Walt once he learned his method of making the meth).

The show drew a lot of comparisons to Weeds when it started because of the whole "suburbanite gets into the drug trade" thing. Fairly early in the first season, the comparison isn't too much of a stretch, but it quickly moves away from that. If anything, I think it's better to compare the show to Dexter in that you have someone doing something highly questionable and illegal but for altruistic reasons. Like Dexter, Walt is someone you can't help but like despite their actions.

So, short answer: No, the plots don't get more ridiculous. If anything, they get more and more intense as Walt gets deeper into the drug world.

just watched last nights episode. fucking epic. walt and jesse back together. hank getting shot, 3 times. both of tucos cousins dead.

i was really surprised walt brought jesse back in, he has so much heat on him it just seems like an idiotic thing to do for everyone. but i guess theyll sort that out in the plot somehow (ie hank retires).

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']just watched last nights episode. fucking epic. walt and jesse back together. hank getting shot, 3 times. both of tucos cousins dead.

i was really surprised walt brought jesse back in, he has so much heat on him it just seems like an idiotic thing to do for everyone. but i guess theyll sort that out in the plot somehow (ie hank retires).[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think according to the preview the cousin that got hit with the car is not actually dead. I could have swore I saw him getting up from a hospital bed in the preview for next week.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']
Actually, I think according to the preview the cousin that got hit with the car is not actually dead. I could have swore I saw him getting up from a hospital bed in the preview for next week.
[/QUOTE]

bah, shouldnt have clicked that, thats why i dont watch the previews for shows next week ever.

Well,
He only got pinned between 2 vehicles. As for Jesse, god damnit Walt... The kid's a loose cannon! But if he didn't get him on his side, the only other logical thing would be to kill him or get screwed over. I guess I understand his reasoning. Now the only thing is, can he keep him from completely ruining everything?

bread's done
Back