Breaking Bad Appreciation Thread

I'm so glad that one horrible episode was followed up by one of the best of the season (that's getting repetitive to say). My favorite scene of the entire episode was
when Walt took the baby and showed her the stash
. Awesomeness. I hope that the finale can live up to the pure win this entire season was. This series is quickly overtaking Lost and South Park for my favorite TV show.

Something serious is gonna happen in the next episode. They alluded to it earlier in the season.. Remember...
Before some of the previous episodes, they showed a pink stuffed animal floating in the pool of Mr' White's house with half it's faced burned off..obviously from his daughter's nursery. His glasses were sitting next to it. They also had a scene with two bodies under bodybags by his car with the police walking around them. I know the first scene was at the start of episode 4. Whatever this is, it's obviously is going to happen next episode.. I have no idea how, but it looks like his house gets blown up somehow and I bet he loses all of his money in the fire..He probably won't be killed but I bet he gets news that his cancer is back early in the episode, and by the end of it he will have lost his house and all of his money...making him more desperate than ever and willing to take crazy risks for the next season.

[quote name='Capitalizt']Something serious is gonna happen in the next episode. They alluded to it earlier in the season.. Remember...
Before some of the previous episodes, they showed a pink stuffed animal floating in the pool of Mr' White's house with half it's faced burned off..obviously from his daughter's nursery. His glasses were sitting next to it. They also had a scene with two bodies under bodybags by his car with the police walking around them. I know the first scene was at the start of episode 4. Whatever this is, it's obviously is going to happen next episode.. I have no idea how, but it looks like his house gets blown up somehow and I bet he loses all of his money in the fire..He probably won't be killed but I bet he gets news that his cancer is back early in the episode, and by the end of it he will have lost his house and all of his money...making him more desperate than ever and willing to take crazy risks for the next season.
[/QUOTE]

Dollars to donuts you're right on the money about that. The question is who dies?

[quote name='shieryda']Too bad about Jane.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had a feeling she wouldn't last a long time on the show. Although, Walt and her father meeting by chance was a bit.. to coincidental.

Do we know what the fathers job is yet? We've heard him briefly mention tidbits but I don't think they've explicitly said it yet.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Yeah, I had a feeling she wouldn't last a long time on the show. Although, Walt and her father meeting by chance was a bit.. to coincidental.[/QUOTE]

I kept waiting for Jane's dad to put all the pieces together, but it could have been just a chance encounter, as you said.

Walt is hardcore for not assisting during that bedroom scene.

man i was shocked when walt let jane die. i know hes trying to scare jesse straight, but damn. that shit was hard core. shits going to hit the fan next episode.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']man i was shocked when walt let jane die. i know hes trying to scare jesse straight, but damn. that shit was hard core. shits going to hit the fan next episode.[/QUOTE]

I think it was less about scaring Jesse and more about protecting Walt's secret from getting out.

Yeah he seems pretty gung ho about protecting his turf. lol
worried.gif

Does anyone think that Walt
left too much evidence when he picked up the needle, and re-opened the door to get into the bedroom?

I wonder if that will come back to bite him.

Actually, a better question is wtf was Jesse thinking just using card board and ducktape to "secure" the door... ? lool

Anyway, I think some how everything will work out after the shit stops hitting the fan.

[quote name='bmachine']I think it was less about scaring Jesse and more about protecting Walt's secret from getting out.[/QUOTE]

good point, didnt even cross my mind.

[quote name='shieryda']Does anyone think that Walt
left too much evidence when he picked up the needle, and re-opened the door to get into the bedroom?

I wonder if that will come back to bite him.[/QUOTE]

My wife brought that up after we watched it last night. As long as he calls the cops he can claim that he was checking up on an old student who went down the wrong path. there was no answer at the door so he went around back and reached through the hole and then walked in and picked up the needle to see what jess had done before he realized the girl was dead...or something like that

3 guesses for the Finale:

Jesse's parents are in the body bags OR
Walt runs into Jane's father on his way out from watching her die. Jane's father then ends up in one of the bags.
Walt left one of his bags in the spare tire thereby shorting Gus a couple of pounds of the blue stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought this show was above bullshit like that ending. :whistle2:|

I am glad that
the main characters weren't in that bodybags, though.
[quote name='Malik112099']wtf. Did jane's dad crash those planes on purpose?[/QUOTE]...

[quote name='Mojimbo']I thought this show was above bullshit like that ending. :whistle2:|...[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I'm a little disappointed. What Skyler did makes sense..the money started trickling in through the website...at the very beginning when I saw NTSB on top of the van I looked at my wife and said "Plane crash"....the chicken restaurant guy saw walt's face in Hanks office and asked a few questions....the ONLY thing I'm left wondering is if Jane's dad made those planes collide on purpose...he is obviously stressed and he was sweating like crazy and seemed to breathing hard.....

was a very crappy season finale...

Hmm. Pretty much an "is that it?" finale. They've teased us several times with two unidentified bodies on Walt's driveway. No payoff to that.

It would have been brilliant cause and effect if the plane crash had affected Walt a little bit more than a teddy bear landing in his pool. His refusal to save Jane's life could have come back to bite him in the weirdest way. For a second there I thought it was going to be a brilliant twist - Walt not saving Jane's life > Jane's dad crashing the planes > plane crash kills someone in Walt's life. But no, just nothing really. If not kill someone, at least wreck his house so now he'd be back to square one, money-wise.

Anyway, no he didn't crash the planes on purpose. He was saying to his co-worker how he just wanted to get back to work. Then he calls one of the planes "Jane" by mistake; he couldn't concentrate on the planes well enough.

How was that a cheap ending? Walt's actions directly led to Jane's death, Jesse's depression, Skylar leaving, and a huge plane crash. That was the point of the ending. All of Walt's actions involving the blue stuff have effected himself personally and the lives of numerous others. Check out this link for an interview with Vince Gilligan about the finale.

[quote name='lombarvm']How was that a cheap ending? Walt's actions directly led to Jane's death, Jesse's depression, Skylar leaving, and a huge plane crash. That was the point of the ending. All of Walt's actions involving the blue stuff have effected himself personally and the lives of numerous others. Check out this link for an interview with Vince Gilligan about the finale.[/QUOTE]

Janes death is her fault for using again. No one forced her hand. Jesse's depression is his fault for not listening to Walt continuing to do drugs. Skylar leaving is for obvious reasons although she is being super dramatic and not thinking "My husband made a TON of money in a short amount of time - how is he doing it because I want some." Jane's dad is a fuck up for going back to work too early.

[quote name='lombarvm']How was that a cheap ending? Walt's actions directly led to Jane's death, Jesse's depression, Skylar leaving, and a huge plane crash. That was the point of the ending. All of Walt's actions involving the blue stuff have effected himself personally and the lives of numerous others. Check out this link for an interview with Vince Gilligan about the finale.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link...that's a great interview.

I'm so happy to learn WEEDS is coming back June 8th so that my drug habit continues. Mad Men is also coming back at the end of summer too.

It was cheap because we were led to believe there was someone we knew in those bodybags. Someone Walt knew should have paid with their lives. Not a bunch of random people on airplanes. I think the show would have been better if all of the black and white scenes were taken out altogether. I must say I still love the show regardless.

Anyone read anything about the pink bears showing up in other episodes (the hotel drop, the supermarket in episode 3)?

Wasn't a pink bear painted on the wall of Jane's bedroom?

As an episode I don't think the finale was that horrible. Compared to last years finale and all the shows Breaking Bad has had this season it was atrocious. But nevertheless I don't have a bitter taste in my mouth and await the next season to see how all of this plays out. I expect the chicken man to become Walt's next villain; or quite possibly an evil hand that will control Walt.

the ending felt cheap to me. the body bag thing was such a tease. midway through the episode i thought the chicken man would be behind it because he found out walts brother-in-law is a DEA agent. itll be interesting to see where they go from here. a buddy and i were talking about how the show doesnt seem like the type that can go on for 6 or 7 season. maybe they can, but how many times are they going to screw jesse & walt out of their money. not to mention walt is getting better.

I was grateful they didn't screw either Walt or Jesse out of their cash at the end of this episode. I would've bet money they'd have done so. I could see them capping this series in a half dozen but what would be the endpoint? Walt dies? But what's his goal now that he isn't dying? I think next season he'll fight for his daughter.

I thought the end was interesting to say the least. You cant just take it at face value, it makes you think about what Walt is doing, it's a little too easy to relate to/with him sometimes but the reality of it is that he is doing some horrible shit. They could have made it more heavy handed and literal but I dont have a problem with them not having gone that route, if they did it would have been every other show out there.

Some of you guys have pretty low expectations it seems like, his motives arent that simple any more, theyre trying to create a really complex character, what they've done with this finale is serious raise expectations IMO.

The only problem I had overall with it is that they over did it with the teasers.

I thought it was a great finale to one of the finest shows on TV. Did not expect Jane to die and I think her dad crashed the planes on purpose. Others needed to feel the pain he was feeling. I kind of thought Jesse was gonna be on the plane but apparently not.

TV is dead for a couple weeks until Entourage is back on. Weeds is falling off so we will see how that goes in a couple days

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']\ itll be interesting to see where they go from here. a buddy and i were talking about how the show doesnt seem like the type that can go on for 6 or 7 season. maybe they can, but how many times are they going to screw jesse & walt out of their money. not to mention walt is getting better.[/QUOTE]
The creator only wants to do four seasons, and has always only planned four seasons, end of story. AMC are fully supportive of this.

[quote name='MisterModest']The creator only wants to do four seasons, and has always only planned four seasons, end of story. AMC are fully supportive of this.[/QUOTE]

im actually really glad to hear that. nice to know they have a set time frame for the story instead of dragging it out as long as ratings are good. since theyre doing about 10 episodes a season that sounds like a nice number for this kind of story.

Hahahahaha! A bunch of you were predicting bad things for Walt and his family whenever the swimming pool scenes were foreshadowed. I certainly did not expect that ending on Sunday.

Also, as soon as the episode began, I was like "Who the heck is Jesse banging now?":D

Also, DAMN. I'm glad I didn't read this thread before I watched the episode this week. A couple of you need to learn how to use spoiler tags!

Very curious to see
how the chicken shack manager is going to react now after seeing the collection jug and finding out that he has a family member in the DEA.

I don't believe that the planes collided on purpose.

Does anyone honestly think that Walt would have spilled his guts to Skylar?

Magehart, I noticed the bear on Jane's wall, also.

It was an all right season finale(I like most people was thrown by the ending). I'm glad they only plan 4 seasons, most shows that continue after that lose their luster.

[quote name='shieryda']Does anyone honestly think that Walt would have spilled his guts to Skylar?[/QUOTE]

No, but then it's gonna have to be a DAMN GOOD fucking reason so that she sticks around and accepts him. lool

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']my prediction for season 3. hank figures it out and turns dirty.[/QUOTE]

Turn his back on all his buddies on the force? Also, it's kinda too similar to what happened in a way on WEEDS too. I'd say if he does it's literally to preserve Walt's family than anything else.

I still say he turns dirty because he's not getting any action from his wife or she leaves him partly because of the bad chemistry we've seen in the prior episodes and now since Skylar left Walt and the girls will stick together.

Oh; I hope for more Saul in the coming episodes. He's freakin' awesome.

[quote name='Magehart']I still say he turns dirty because he's not getting any action from his wife or she leaves him partly because of the bad chemistry we've seen in the prior episodes and now since Skylar left Walt and the girls will stick together.

Oh; I hope for more Saul in the coming episodes. He's freakin' awesome.[/QUOTE]

bob odenkirk is the perfect saul. i cant imagine him being played by anyone else now.

bread's done
Back