Brick & Mortar Deal/Sale of the Year 2009

I didn't take advtantage of BB's B2G1 deal, so Best Buy $10 Clearance Sale gets my vote. I walked away happy with that one.

One of those deals was great (Target $10 coupons) while most were merely OK (B2G1, RZ deals - free, yes, but crappy ;), $10 clearance at BB, and that Walmart thing). But one was head and shoulders better than nearly anything I've seen in my 5 years on CAG - the HWV $4.99 used game sale. I realize the greatness of this was somewhat limited to certain locations/times, but for me it was one of the top deals ever.

No love for all the gift cards TRU gave out this year for pre-orders and day one purchases? :( That would have gotten my vote.

I think Toys R Us should have been a nominee again this year. I bought like 27 games during their B2G1 sale, which this year also included accessories.

Just a thought out loud: The Walmart Arcade + $100 gift card should mention the fact that Amazon matched the deal (which I took advantage of). That deal working for anyone with net access made adding another 360 to the household an impulse purchase.

Edit: Of course I just re-read the part where this is a 'brick & mortar' sale. Oh well, I guess WalMart caused the $100 card, so they can keep my vote. Amazon just got my money!

Last edited by a moderator:
The best deal I personally got this year was the Rock Band PSP bundle at Wal-Mart for $139.

Barring that, I voted for Hollywood Video's $5 games. I got some good ones with that sale!

Walmart Consoles with 100$ gc. I didn't get to take advantage of it but I so wish I could have such an awesome deal.

I didn't hit up the sales this year so much, but i did snag all the Lego games for the wife on PS3 when Best Buy did a buy 2 get 1 deal

[quote name='buff89']CAG is soo good I cashed in on each of these deals!![/QUOTE]

i second that....this award is like asking which one of my kids is my favorites?

Best Buy's B2G1 shouldn't stand out over TRU's version a week earlier. People exploiting a glitch shouldn't earn it deal of the year. Anyway, Hollywood gets my vote.

bread's done
Back