Brick & Mortar Deal/Sale of the Year 2009

Hollywood Video and Game Crazy closeouts. I bought a ridiculous amount of decent games for about $10 each.

ToyRus B2G1F deal. I loved you could return the non-free games within 45 days and get the new releases you really wanted!

-MGG

For me it was Best Buy's black friday sale on games. C'mon, Dragon Age, NFS Shift, Brutal Legend, and Left 4 Dead 2 for almost half off? Sold

Best Buy, I was fortunate enough to hit BB when they had that 10 sale made out like a bandit.

Target would be my second vote through out the year every now and then I would score on a game here and there.

Walmart, I was a fan of the $100 gift card on an Xbox 360 arcade purchase right before xmas. Bought two systems with that.

[quote name='io']I second this one for sure. I don't think the Best Buy glitches should count as they weren't actual deals - just exploits. The HWV sale was an honest-to-goodness incredible deal. The fact that it ran for several weeks (in the summer and again at the end of the year) makes it even better. I got a ton of complete near mint 360/PS3/Wii games for $4.99 each - can't beat that (in a legitimate deal anyway ;)).

[/QUOTE]
There is no exploitation in grabbing three games, scanning them, scanning a coupon, and having them ring up for free. The B2G1 was exploitation, but free games were poor design.

[quote name='polishpride212']There is no exploitation in grabbing three games, scanning them, scanning a coupon, and having them ring up for free. The B2G1 was exploitation, but free games were poor design.[/QUOTE]

^This.
The free games "deal" required no trickery, deception, or funny business on the buyer's part (unlike the B2G1 which required CAGs to order games a certain way, distract employees, etc.). It worked like any normal transaction done with a coupon. The coupon only managed to take off enough to make the overall cost for the game zero due to a concurrent sale.

Wal Mart's deal on an XBOX 360 Arcade for $199 and you get a $100 gift card.

Wal Mart gift cards are just as good as money!

This allowed me to rightfully retire my 2006 XBOX 360 that RROD'ed, sounded like a Kirby vaccum and always needed a box fan blowing on Medium to keep it from overheating. This was an offer my wife even agreed to let me do in a moment of spontaneity!

Can the Walmart Holiday Giftcard promos be combined? $100 GC with 360 Arcade, $50 GC with Elite, $50 GC with Wii and $50 GC with any 360. The First one takes the cake, but all four combined were pretty damn awesome.

The $10 BB game clearance from the Spring.

That sale gave the Ragtag CAG's two months of fun from playing Quantum of Solice online and also got me to buy games I normally wouldn't have bought (Blitz The League 2, etc.)

I think I have to give it to either Best Buy's or Walmart's PS3 bundles they did on Black Friday.

I'm leaning towards Walmart though cause they included the Dark Knight Blu-ray. And I want to have Dark Knight on Blu-ray. Or a blu-ray player period ;_;

Target's coupons ($10 off 2 games, free 1600 points card and the Blu-Ray coupon).

TRU's GC promos - Batman: AA, Scribblenauts and Mario & Luigi: Inside Bowser Story (among others).

The target coupons were awesome when paired with clearance games. They're the only b&m retailer that actually had me wanting to buy games.

bread's done
Back