Broken Xbox 360s Made My Baby Cry [Video]

[quote name='JadedJedi']I didn't predict the performance of my 360, I just wonder how his died after a few months when mine lasted over a year with average use. Plus I don't use math unless I absolutely have to.[/QUOTE]

Reading comprehension FTL.

Let me spell it out for you: Xbox 360's aren't stamped out of some mold that makes them all exactly the same. They are made out of numerous complex components, each with it's own characteristics that depend on the conditions under which they were manufactured. The interactions of these different characteristics determine how much margin the entire product has to failure.

It is impossible to project failure rates from one console. Some people's will last 20 years, some people's will break after one day. But if you project from one particular instance of either of these two cases, you conclude that the Xbox 360 is SUPER RELIABLE, or that it doesn't work at all. Judging the entire population of consoles from your one experience is no better than either of these two conclusions.

Cheapy,
Great video. Are you going to replace it with a Japanese one from XBox Japan, buy an American one, or really go for the PAL one for the hat trick?

My friend just bought a 360 made in Jan. 08 so I hope he doesn't see this video.

Knock on wood but 360 #7 (I think it's 7 I've lost count) Has been working fine.. it's an elite and so far it's out lived the others.

No problems with drive, no red rings.

[quote name='Squee']Great vid, epic music. I know I've heard that song before. Anybody know what it's called?[/QUOTE]Mozart's Requiem Mass in D minor.

That sucks. What's odd is that me nor any of my friends 360s have broken. Sorry to hear it broke, hope you can fix it some how.
P.S. can't wait for the next CAGcast.

Baby abuse has never felt more.... inappropriate? :p HA HA! I mean, I get the joke attempted, but I didn't find it too funny. I.e. WE ARE NOT AMUSED!

What makes me really laugh, though, is how years later, your kid will see this vid and have just one thing to say to you, Cheapy: "WTF????" Ha ha ha ha ha!

You have to promise to use this vid to threaten him in some way! Like, "BE BACK BY 10 OR YOUR GF WILL SEE THE VID!!! MU-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!"

I can totally see that.

I'm inspired to abuse my future offspring with videos like yours. Awesome.

That was hilarious but I felt bad laughing at your son. He looked pretty miserable. (and yes adorable at the same time)

[quote name='Dragon_Master']that bites about your BABY good luck on your next one :)[/quote]

//fixed.

Hopefully the next one is more quiet.
(j/k)

Cheapy....what are you doing to your consoles??? Seriously....
2 Launch machines....STILL GOING STRONG!!! WOOHOO!!!
And you know I play as much as you do.........

THough I will admit my 1st HD-DVD Drive methinks is committing ritual suicide as it developed a problem reading discs the day Toshiba yelled WE SURRENDER!!

[quote name='goosedude']Cheapy....what are you doing to your consoles??? Seriously....
2 Launch machines....STILL GOING STRONG!!! WOOHOO!!!
And you know I play as much as you do.........

THough I will admit my 1st HD-DVD Drive methinks is committing ritual suicide as it developed a problem reading discs the day Toshiba yelled WE SURRENDER!![/QUOTE]

Goose - I knew that this was your post before I even looked at the name.

Best of luck on getting a new unit, Cheapy.

[quote name='ma']
It is impossible to project failure rates from one console. Some people's will last 20 years, some people's will break after one day. But if you project from one particular instance of either of these two cases, you conclude that the Xbox 360 is SUPER RELIABLE, or that it doesn't work at all. Judging the entire population of consoles from your one experience is no better than either of these two conclusions.[/quote]

From what I hear, it seems that everybody's system will eventually fail, it's just a matter of time. I just expect mine to die any day now. I would trade it in for a PS3, but I bought a lot of XBLA games in addition to disc based games, and I don't want to give those up. At least I have a Wii to play when the inevitable RROD come to take my 360 to console heaven.

Congrats. My second 360 red ringed Saturday night. My son was less vocal about the ordeal.

I'll race you. Whomever gets their replacement back first wins.

I was told to send my power cord back along with the 360 core.

Ms Cheapy - "Honey, the baby's crying! Could you feed him or change his diaper?"

Cheapy D - "OO! Wouldn't it be hilarious if I filmed this? Hold still in you shit, Tai. You'll thank me when your 16 and I show this to your girlfriend. And it will TOTALLY be worth the diaper rash..."

Sorry to hear about the lose. Tai cant pwn noobs for some time now. Will the Japan 360 be easy to get repaired then the usa 360 for you?

[quote name='Cow_tipper']The most epic youtube video I've seen in quite some time.[/quote]

ehhh... it could've used more gore and explosions.:bouncy:

I wonder what zany adventures did your Japanese xbox had as it died...and which publisher would put that game out. EAT IT CHOPIN!

also nice touch with the usage of Mozart's requiem...although every time I hear it I think of Wolfgang Krauser.

In Soviet Russia, baby makes XBOX360 cry.

Sucks it happened Cheapy...also wonder if your wife is gonna make you cry for exploiting your kid as such. Not that it wasn't funny...but you never know how the wife might respond.

I've been playing on my 2nd repair system since August 07 after sending it in for repair. (Error 78 Scaler chip 4th red light) It was originally bought at Christmas 06 from Overstock (8 months) It's been working fine ever since the repair 1 year+ and counting. TheHitachi drive scratched my COD4 disc all to sh!t.

Hey CheapyD I did the towel trick just like you and it would get my 360 going then it finally stopped so I would do it again till one day I got the red rings but now Microsoft is fixing it for free!

[quote name='jrutz']Awesome video - good to see Tai getting some use out of that onesie![/quote]That was the first wearing. Thanks again!

bread's done
Back