Burnout Paradise - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='MasterSprtn117']I need to get this soon. But what's so different about the Ultimate Edition?[/quote]Agreed. Is it worth waiting for the Ultimate Box version at $40, when you can get the current game at $20, and theoretically the DLC at $10-$20?

Why buy the game at all if you already don't have it. I'm just waiting till the ultimate edition is 20$ or less :D

[quote name='EBPanthers21']Can someone explain to me what DLC has been released so far for the 360 version? All I have downloaded was the bikes...[/quote]

All the DLC is included with the bikes pack. I guess they thought it was simpler to have it all in one update rather than all split up. The DLC is required to play online so if you're not prompted to update when you play BP while connected to Live then you have all the DLC that's currently available.

[quote name='JJSP']Shrike, wait a week and use the inevitable 20% off 360 games coupon. Pick it up for $12.[/quote]

That's a good idea. Perhaps I'll wait ... maybe ... :whistle2:k

over 66 hours for me... 710 gamer score...

also we are trying to get a CAG gamer night for this game... some of the guys who play COD every thursday want to get a night of this...

[quote name='Chase']That's a good idea. Perhaps I'll wait ... maybe ... :whistle2:k[/quote]
I'm going to end up returning the copy I bought the other day just because we're due for a GS 360 coupon. I paid $17, but $12 is better if they run the 20% off coupon (this week is PS3, I would assume 360 is next week).

[quote name='sp00ge']I'm hopping on now, for an hour or so until my friends show up for Rock Band 2.[/QUOTE]

It's on!

EDIT: Good game, spooge, it was fun. I bet we could knock out those challenges pretty quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed this on GAME.co.uk a couple of days ago:

Link

339435ps_500h.jpg

£25 comes out in 12 days. I might get this. I never got paradise and sort of did.

Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box adds to this with:

• An enhanced and improved version of Burnout Paradise.
  • New vehicles including motorbikes.
  • New game modes and challenges
  • All new offline party mode for 2-8 players
  • Day to night cycle and weather effects
Must be good.

I picked this up a couple weeks ago with a giftcard I got for christmas, and with the exception of online play, I love it. The last 3 or 4 times I've tried online play, I have been kicked repeatedly for the following reasons (which I find unjustified):

1. The fact that I did NOT have my headset on at the time, and when I put it on, I was told "So now you want to fuckin talk? YOU WILL ANSWER THEN I SPEAK TO YOU!!! SHAQFU YOU ASSHOLE!!! *kick*"

2. Because I cicked online and went into a quick match and the host said my name was retarded.

3. Because I clicked online and went into quick match and the host said I was on the other side of the stage from him and if i didn't get my "muthafuggin ass over here in 30 seconds!!!" he would kick me.

4. Just because I didn't want to do challenges at the time. "Well, SHAQFU YOU THEN!!! *kick*"

I dunno, it just seems that the online community in this game is completely different then Revenge, as they want things done "right fuggin now!!!!!" as I've been told. I can't wait for the new update and the new cars, and if it wasn't set for Thursday nights, I'd jump into the whole "lets kill off some challenges" thing you guys are setting up here.

Does anyone know if the Ultimate Box is coming to the USA? I've been wanting to pick up this game, and it would be nice to get the Ultimate Box as it would already have all the new stuff, but everywhere I've looked for it I've only been able to find it either for order from Europe, or only for PC.

[quote name='ryoga79']I picked this up a couple weeks ago with a giftcard I got for christmas, and with the exception of online play, I love it. The last 3 or 4 times I've tried online play, I have been kicked repeatedly for the following reasons (which I find unjustified):

1. The fact that I did NOT have my headset on at the time, and when I put it on, I was told "So now you want to fuckin talk? YOU WILL ANSWER THEN I SPEAK TO YOU!!! SHAQFU YOU ASSHOLE!!! *kick*"

2. Because I cicked online and went into a quick match and the host said my name was retarded.

3. Because I clicked online and went into quick match and the host said I was on the other side of the stage from him and if i didn't get my "muthafuggin ass over here in 30 seconds!!!" he would kick me.

4. Just because I didn't want to do challenges at the time. "Well, SHAQFU YOU THEN!!! *kick*"

I dunno, it just seems that the online community in this game is completely different then Revenge, as they want things done "right fuggin now!!!!!" as I've been told. I can't wait for the new update and the new cars, and if it wasn't set for Thursday nights, I'd jump into the whole "lets kill off some challenges" thing you guys are setting up here.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unless you are going online to do races, everything else is with challenges. You must function as a group to complete the challenge or no one gets credit for it and basically wastes everyone's time.

[quote name='YodaEXE']Does anyone know if the Ultimate Box is coming to the USA? I've been wanting to pick up this game, and it would be nice to get the Ultimate Box as it would already have all the new stuff, but everywhere I've looked for it I've only been able to find it either for order from Europe, or only for PC.[/quote]

Nope...but if it turns out to be Region Free you can always get it here:
http://www.sendit.com/sendit/10025806.product

$43+/-

[quote name='GamerChris']Yeah, unless you are going online to do races, everything else is with challenges. You must function as a group to complete the challenge or no one gets credit for it and basically wastes everyone's time.[/quote]

Yea its usually the best to do challenges with friends and not a quick match. I would assume quick match would be racing as well. You could always go to ranked matches I suppose.

There's some new liveries for some of the cars. :eek: I don't remember them mentioning them ever before. So far I've only checked out some of the crap cars.

[quote name='bs000']So uhmmm. The Party Pack is out now (800 pts). Along with the free update that makes it easier to see at night, rebalances all the cars handling, and adds a restart option. Ranked racing leaderboards have been reset and I wave bye-bye to my top 20 ranking. =D

http://www.criteriongames.com/article.php?artID=384[/quote]

The update is sick. I will support these guys until the end.... well except for the Party Pack which I have no need for.

They added RESTART!!! This is awesome.

[quote name='javeryh']The update is sick. I will support these guys until the end.... well except for the Party Pack which I have no need for.

They added RESTART!!! This is awesome.[/quote]

A little too late, already beat all the challenges, even the ones i had to drive all the way back to retry. :bomb:

[quote name='The 7th Number']A little too late, already beat all the challenges, even the ones i had to drive all the way back to retry. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Me too I got my elite along time ago, but it made it more rewarding that way.

[quote name='Layd Dly']Me too I got my elite along time ago, but it made it more rewarding that way.[/quote]

Keep telling yourselves that. Time is money biatch!!!! :D

Curious about 2 things.
First off, what button do I hit for the "restart"? Stupid me couldn't figure it out. It did come with the 800+ 1.60 download right?!?
Also, how the FFFF do I change the radio chanel. Mine is stuck on classical music. Nothing like driving 150mph while listening to Mozart. Geez. I'd prefer alice in chains.

[quote name='javeryh']The update is sick. I will support these guys until the end.... well except for the Party Pack which I have no need for.

They added RESTART!!! This is awesome.[/quote]

Damn it, I wish I could download this (800 megs?!) as I have 4 stunt runs I still can't get but I maxed out most of my bandwidth downloading the Halo Wars demo. Will have to wait I guess.:cry:

Cops and Robbers DLC announced:
burnout.paradise.ultimate.box.trailer.2-1282009-4-262009-580px.jpg

Yes, Criterion is making yet another add-on pack for Burnout Paradise, but we're not complaining. The developer has revealed that its next premium content release will be the "Cops and Robbers Pack," which shouldn't come as a surprise to attentive Joystiq readers, seeing as we dug up evidence of its existence late last month.

According to Burnout Paradise's in-game "Criterion Games Network," the DLC is "slotting in soon after the Party Pack, Legendary Cars, Toy Cars and Boost Specials," and is "dedicated to bringing the thrills and spills of cops and robbers car chases in Paradise City." Police pursuits haven't been a part of the series since Burnout 2: Point of Impact, or three games and about a thousand Burnout Paradise updates ago.
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/06/criterion-bringing-cops-and-robbers-to-burnout-paradise/

[quote name='depascal22']EA (Need for Speed) must be crapping their britches now that Burnout will have Cops & Robbers.[/quote]

Doubtful, as EA is distributor for Burnout Paradise.

[quote name='depascal22']EA (Need for Speed) must be crapping their britches now that Burnout will have Cops & Robbers.[/quote]

[quote name='sp00ge']Doubtful, as EA is distributor for Burnout Paradise.[/quote]

Indeed. LOL

[quote name='YodaEXE']Does anyone know if the Ultimate Box is coming to the USA? I've been wanting to pick up this game, and it would be nice to get the Ultimate Box as it would already have all the new stuff, but everywhere I've looked for it I've only been able to find it either for order from Europe, or only for PC.[/quote]

Technically, you can get it for the PS3 via the PS Store. It comes in a bundle for $30. Then again, I'm assuming you're speaking of the 360 version.

[quote name='depascal22']EA (Need for Speed) must be crapping their britches now that Burnout will have Cops & Robbers.[/QUOTE]

Well considering EA owns both Black Box and Criterion, I highly doubt it.

bread's done
Back