Burnout Paradise - General Discussion & Info / TROPHY HUNTERS WELCOME!

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']How do you use custom soundtracks?[/quote]
Open up Easy Drive by hitting right on the D-Pad. Go to Soundtracks, hit right, then choose Custom. From there, you can choose which tracks you want to play.

Criterion definitely wants our money today it seems. Alongside the Legendary Cars pack is the Time Savers' Pack, where you get the ability to use every car, but you have to get the appropriate License first (defeats the point of saving time?), and several Toy Cars Packs, which if bought together is $12...

Recap for today
Legendary Cars: $8 ($10 for all 4 separately)
Time Savers' Pack: ??? (???)
Toy Cars Pack: $12 (???)

Thanks for the vids randy. Cars actually look decent, but that pricing really detracts. I'm really wanting ECTO1 but I keep reminding myself that it probably handles like a barge.

Time Saves' Pack is EA ghetto.

Toy Cars Pack = more info please.

Here's hoping that all this new DLC will come together in some cheap to get bundle in the future... I really do want all this stuff (for obvious reasons), but I just can't justify paying for all of it at this time.

Wait, so is the KITT-clone the 1980's or 2008 version? Looking at that trailer it looks like the latter and if that's the case I'm kinda disappointed. It already had a strike against it since I don't like speed-boost cars.

Just got a hard copy of Paradise City and I'm tooling around with it. I seem to get kicked from most lobbies so I guess I'll work on Solo until I get used to the world map. I'm faintly familiar with the series so I'm more looking into crashing :)

Any tips for newbies? (I'll try and join CAG night once I get a mic)

[quote name='guardian_owl']Man 8 bucks for 2 cars, the same price as the Legendary Cars pack. At this rate I can't see Big Surf Island being less than $20.[/quote]
If the island is less than $30 I'd be surprised.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Just got a hard copy of Paradise City and I'm tooling around with it. I seem to get kicked from most lobbies so I guess I'll work on Solo until I get used to the world map. I'm faintly familiar with the series so I'm more looking into crashing :)

Any tips for newbies? (I'll try and join CAG night once I get a mic)[/quote]
Just learn the city and the layout of the streets in the various burrows. There's nothing that can improve your game as much as that.

[quote name='pete5883']No way, island'll be 15 tops. Maybe.[/QUOTE]
The whole island for the same price as just the toy cars? I'd be surprised.

The Island will most likely be $20. The DLC costs so far are around $45, no joke.

BTW, bought both Boosts, the Toy Bike, and the Toy GT Concept. I'm impressed with the Toy Bike just for the Bikers' animations. So funny. But I'm mad that I can't change his outfit!

Hawker Mech looks crazy, L3 changes its' Boost Type (So it can be like a Speed car, but it can't get Burnouts, Boost cars, or Aggression cars)

The Extreme Hot Rod is basically infinite boost, it's locked on until you crash. Hitting X again won't do anything.

Has anyone addressed what will happen to the online aspect of the game once the island is made available? Will the community tbe divided like Warhawk? Or will people without the content be allowed to freeburn onto the islandif they are in a game hosted by a user who owns it (but not have access to any of the events, etc.)

[quote name='nbballard']Has anyone addressed what will happen to the online aspect of the game once the island is made available? Will the community tbe divided like Warhawk? Or will people without the content be allowed to freeburn onto the islandif they are in a game hosted by a user who owns it (but not have access to any of the events, etc.)[/quote]

Well...I'm guessing everyone will have to download it, and unlocking it will be 108kb. Maybe you'll be able to drive around in it, but won't be able to go off jumps/go through billboards/smash gates/do races/challenges, etc. Basically you can drive around it, but you won't be able to do anything or unlock anything is my theory.

It seems like getting the Island also gives you new cars/bikes, at least from the footage I saw. The buggies are definitely new.

Did anyone see the footage in Qore? Right at the end of the first video they show a few seconds of the game being played in 3D.

Have I just missed the announcement (quite possible) or was this a hint of something extra to come?

The group is now full.

Looking for one more person to complete a Burnout Paradise DLC sharing group.

We will be purchasing the following DLC:
Party Pack $9.99
Legendary Cars $7.99
Toy Cars $12.99
Boost Specials $7.99

So, that would be $8 each for everything, and we will also be purchasing any future DLC that is released. Please send me a PM if you are interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='natureboy46']Did anyone see the footage in Qore? Right at the end of the first video they show a few seconds of the game being played in 3D.

Have I just missed the announcement (quite possible) or was this a hint of something extra to come?[/QUOTE]

Ha! It's funny you mention this. I demoed a similar technology (probably the same kind) on a PC, and it was amazing. The game really felt like it was popping out at you. It's got to be horrible for your eyes, but hey, you have to compromise things like your eyesight sometimes.

Wait till it hits the bargain bin, though.

Someone flaked out, so we're looking for one more person to complete a Burnout Paradise DLC sharing group.

We will be purchasing the following DLC:
Party Pack $9.99
Legendary Cars $7.99
Toy Cars $12.99
Boost Specials $7.99

So, that would be $8 each for everything, and we will also be purchasing any future DLC that is released. Please send me a PM if you are interested.

Absolutely LOVED this game, but it got stagnant waiting around for the DLC to release and goozexed it out. I felt the game was amazing and the support through Fall 08 was outstanding, but it seems like they could have moved on to a sequel after the bike pack. If they were going to release so much content that it costs far more than the price of the game to keep up, I'm not going to bother.

Odd they didn't post part 2 last week on Thursday, guess they're saving it for sometime this week.

http://www.operationburnout.com/foru...showtopic=4241
According to that post by changing the URL address on the CGN portal you can find unposted, future articles already uploaded. One the OP found was this:

NEWS
Big Surf Island: Out Today
07:00 Thursday 11 June 2009
MS 1000 points
PSN $12.99 / €12.99 / £9.99

Criterion has since taken the article down, but it looks like that's the price, a very reasonable $12.99.

edit:
episode 34 with Part 2 now live which confirms the price
[youtube]3lHjaoAGXfM[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know where the PSN thread went, but whatever. An announcement:

This Sunday it's Cars
Burnout Paradise Big Surf Island MARATHON event
Time: 3pm - 9pm EDT
Friends Only (so it's easier to hop in and out)
Big Surf Island REQUIRED

I might change that last thing depending on how they set BSI up. But most likely, it'll have to stand.

Pretty disappointed with the Annihilator hot rod, the BSI car takes the most work to unlock (other than the Diamond P12, and there's no way I'll end up getting that) and in an online race I could barely keep up with the toy Nighthawk. The extreme hot rod also seems to go faster and has better maneuverability. Buggy 2.0 makes Buggy 1.0 completely obsolete, but other than that, the other cars are enjoyable and the island is a lot of fun to drive around.

This Sunday eh? The only problem is Friends, i'm not sure any of you are on my list. I'll request to add KingBroly. I need some on-line trophies, need to jump over someone's car and bunch of red/blue team trophies... Oh yeah, that annoying 8 players at the Wildcat stadium too.

someone was just telling me I really need to get plat on Burnout and he's right I've had it way too long. I really need to just sit down and play some more. You know since this is the gen thread I do have one question. When you get all the gates.. do the yellow signs go back up? I find having yellow barriers really helpful in locating shortcuts kinda like the broken billboards that are still there after you break the billboards.

That's probably been my main hesitation in getting the yellow gate trophies. once they're gone if they're gone it's gonna be hard to 'learn the city'.

No, they don't come back... i tried to run all of them down so that i know which ones i have knocked down. However, i guess it's different if you knocked them out during a race or something... It's a fun game, i'm playing for the trophies, but i'm enjoying it too.

[quote name='Captain Wrong']If anyone is looking for someone to knock out some challenges with, look me up.[/QUOTE]

I am, sometime. I need two more trophies for the platinum. The invite a friend and complete 10 or whatever it was freeburn challenges.

I just got this game this past week and so did a friend (yeah, I know). Man, I love it. I just started doing the online mode tonite and it is even more addicting. I need to go for the 8 Players in the baseball field trophy and will be setting up a match this week sometime. I know I just have to get 8 players in my match and set up the freeburn field challenge. Still, it's so fun just to play I wanted to see if anyone on here still plays and wants to jump on. Let me know if there is any interest. I would love to set up a time to play with some other CAGs. That is... if anyone still plays. I know I am about 2 years late too this party!

bread's done
Back