Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off at Toys R Us - 4/2 and 4/3 Only

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]13587[/IMG-R]Toys R Us is having a buy 1 get 1 50% off sale on all in-stock video games today and tomorrow (4/2 and 4/3). Offer available online and in-store. Commercial was seen on Oxygen.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
ToysRUs.com

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SanjuroTsubaki']Has anyone had success with people matching offers at Best Buy? So far my only battles with them have been with gift cards and pricing.[/QUOTE]
My BestBuy has always said it is against policy to match "bundle deals". So any B1G1, anything, cannot be price matched. I have never had success doing it. They only match actual prices/sales that are spelled out.

It does make sense, since many times BB will have much lower prices on games than TRU. So not allowing bundle deals is a good idea. Overall, getting a PM on this deal as BB is usually very YMMV from my experience, on the verge of "not possible". Just hope you have an ignorant manager on duty.

[quote name='Zippon']If you are referring to matching a Gamestop ad, I call "bull". No way Best Buy will PM new games for used prices. If someone did get that deal, it is a total fluke.

The real question here is whether TRU will have the new PS3 Greatest Hits pricing in effect for this sale.... :cool:[/QUOTE]

I was able to get BB to price match Sacred 2 from the Gamersdays sale. I also wanted to get Phantasy Star Portable, but my BB is near empty of PSP games.

[quote name='MattVid']My BestBuy has always said it is against policy to match "bundle deals". So any B1G1, anything, cannot be price matched. I have never had success doing it. They only match actual prices/sales that are spelled out.

It does make sense, since many times BB will have much lower prices on games than TRU. So not allowing bundle deals is a good idea. Overall, getting a PM on this deal as BB is usually very YMMV from my experience, on the verge of "not possible". Just hope you have an ignorant manager on duty.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Walmart near me is the same way. They will match an ad that says "this item for this price" and that's it. They won't match B1G1, free gift cards, buy several items and get this percentage off, etc. It doesn't hurt to ask, but a lot of CAGs report such deals as the norm when it's simply not the case.

No glitch, but if you buy Just Cause 2 and then another 60 dollar game, you'll get the 50 percent off the 2nd game and the 10 off of Just Cause 2 for a total of 40 off. In NY.

That's good that JC2 is still $10 off. So if you buy 2 JC2 games? Would it be 49.99+ 29.99=79.98 plus tax. It would be nice if it glitch, then both games would be 29.99 each.

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']Wished they had the PS3 greatest hits up. I would of def. get LBP and Resistance 2. They would of gotten my 50 bucks.[/QUOTE]
I just got back. I can confirm that they didn't update.

[quote name='firecracker22']Looking through the website...I don't think they carry Demon's Souls. Atleast, I can't find it on the site.[/QUOTE]
They did not have it in the store I went to.

[quote name='Aliens']Anyone know whether they stock Resonance of Fate either in store or online?[/QUOTE]
Not in my store either.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']The only argument is between dumbasses and normal people. If you want four games, the deals are exactly the same. If you want five games, you might as well get another one for free. If you can't afford to spend $120, then B1G1 is only a "better" deal because the other one is not an option.

B2G1 free is a better deal than B1G1 50% off. End of argument. No more discussion needed.[/QUOTE]

it's only a "better deal" if you think spending $30 more just to save $5 extra off each game is smart. I don't. Half the time you guys end of picking up a 3rd game you weren't even interested in and I'm sure stores love that.

Would buy a game you weren't interested in just to save $15? Not me. For most people b1g150% is the better deal. Especially the smart people.

It is cheaper to buy in bulk but only when you NEED the bulk. Buying extra crap you don't need just to get a slightly better deal is retarded.

[quote name='themidnighter23']awaiting the inevitable math solving geniuses to say that B2G1 is better than B1 G1/2off[/QUOTE]

hmmm....B2g1 is better than b1 g1 1/2 off. think about it, b2g1 = $40 / game, b1 g1 1/2 = $45 / game. $40 < $45. Therefore, better deal. Though granted you have to get 3 games to save the extra 5 dollars per game.

[quote name='thung621']hmmm....B2g1 is better than b1 g1 1/2 off. think about it, b2g1 = $40 / game, b1 g1 1/2 = $45 / game. $40 < $45. Therefore, better deal. Though granted you have to get 3 games to save the extra 5 dollars per game.[/QUOTE]

It is better, but only when you want those three games.

burning $120 for two good games and a crappy filler game is worse than spending $90 for two good games.

It's all in what you want.

[quote name='jumpercable']It is better, but only when you want those three games.

burning $120 for two good games and a crappy filler game is worse than spending $90 for two good games.

It's all in what you want.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. We buy a lot of games so most times there aren't 3 new games we want that we don't already own.

[quote name='FFWRX']I just got back. I can confirm that they didn't update.[/QUOTE]

Aww... This is sad news, indeed. Like many others, I was hoping to score LBP and GOW Collection...

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']it's only a "better deal" if you think spending $30 more just to save $5 extra off each game is smart. I don't. Half the time you guys end of picking up a 3rd game you weren't even interested in and I'm sure stores love that.

Would buy a game you weren't interested in just to save $15? Not me. For most people b1g150% is the better deal. Especially the smart people.

It is cheaper to buy in bulk but only when you NEED the bulk. Buying extra crap you don't need just to get a slightly better deal is retarded.[/QUOTE]

B2G1 occur towards the end of the year when a lot of big games come out. So it's not hard to find 3 games you want. Plus, you can always pick up 2 copies of one game and trade it here.

I'm saving a lot of games for a B2G1 sale.

[quote name='Stink_Snake']Just Cause 2 was only $19.99 for me.
The math was:
59.99 - 50% ($30)

29.99 - $10 off select item.[/QUOTE]

Just got back from TRUs and got Just Cause 2 for the same price. Thank you unadvertised tag for new games.

[quote name='icedrake523']B2G1 occur towards the end of the year when a lot of big games come out. So it's not hard to find 3 games you want. Plus, you can always pick up 2 copies of one game and trade it here.

I'm saving a lot of games for a B2G1 sale.[/QUOTE]

last year they had it before games like mw2 and nsmbwii launched so yeah it was pretty hard.

[quote name='Trix']Just got back from TRUs and got Just Cause 2 for the same price. Thank you unadvertised tag for new games.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused by the math. Wouldn't it be $50 for JC2 and $60 for the other game minus $30 for the 50% off assuming they gave it to you on the second game? Where are you getting $20 from? It's still $80 for the two games or $40 each. I suppose you could say it's $60 for one and $20 for the other, but that's not really being honest with yourself about what you paid.

Just got back from TRU, but didn't get anything. I was going for the GOW Collection ($30), and the only other $30 game they had I was halfway interested in was Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box. It would have been $45, and I balked when they wouldn't also take a 20% off any baby item coupon I had (I knew it was a longshot, but the coupon's fine print specifically excluded video game hardware, so I tried to argue that since software wasn't listed, is should be allowed).

Went next door to GameStop and got the GOW Collection used for $27. After Edge, it was $24.30. If I'd have done the TRU deal, I could have basically gotten Layton for $20.70, which is more expensive than its current Amazon price. I don't need Layton yet anyway.

Good deal, just didn't work for me this time.

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']last year they had it before games like mw2 and nsmbwii launched so yeah it was pretty hard.[/QUOTE]
There were two and I know they had one the week Brutal Legend and Uncharted 2 came out.

[quote name='bojay1997']I'm confused by the math. Wouldn't it be $50 for JC2 and $60 for the other game minus $30 for the 50% off assuming they gave it to you on the second game? Where are you getting $20 from? It's still $80 for the two games or $40 each. I suppose you could say it's $60 for one and $20 for the other, but that's not really being honest with yourself about what you paid.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is $80 for two games but, your math doesn't work because it has to be the lesser valued of the two games that is 1/2 off. If JC2 rang up 49.99 it would be the item you get half off. So you would have to spend $85 for both.

I am happy that JC2 rang up for $19.99 and the other game I purchased for $59.99. In two weeks I'll bring back my receipt and flip the full priced game for Splinter Cell.

[quote name='icedrake523']There were two and I know they had one the week Brutal Legend and Uncharted 2 came out.[/QUOTE]

I only remember one and I got uncharted 2 and tekken 6 b1g150% via TRU.com. I had no interest in BL.

[quote name='icedrake523']B2G1 occur towards the end of the year when a lot of big games come out. So it's not hard to find 3 games you want. Plus, you can always pick up 2 copies of one game and trade it here.

I'm saving a lot of games for a B2G1 sale.[/QUOTE]

Same here...I'm saving the rest of the PS3/X360 games I want until the B2G1 or B1G1...That means no more buying games...Oh well I have a huge PS3 backlog anyway :D

[quote name='Stink_Snake']Yes it is $80 for two games but, your math doesn't work because it has to be the lesser valued of the two games that is 1/2 off. If JC2 rang up 49.99 it would be the item you get half off. So you would have to spend $85 for both.

I am happy that JC2 rang up for $19.99 and the other game I purchased for $59.99. In two weeks I'll bring back my receipt and flip the full priced game for Splinter Cell.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, I'm still not following. How much total have people been paying for JC2 and another game? If it's $85 then I really don't understand how people are claiming JC2 is just $20. What does the other game have to cost to get JC2 for $20?

No luck on stars wars but I did leave with Infamous ($20), Castlevania Wii ($15) with other games. Infamous greatest hit price wasn't active though but still pleased nonetheless

[quote name='lml417']so is B2G1 TRU deal the best video game deal of the year?[/QUOTE]

Not if you live in a state with tax it's not. Actually, Amazon beat a lot of the TRU B2G1 deals this year and I believe they had their own around the same time.

[quote name='bojay1997']I'm sorry, I'm still not following. How much total have people been paying for JC2 and another game? If it's $85 then I really don't understand how people are claiming JC2 is just $20. What does the other game have to cost to get JC2 for $20?[/QUOTE]

He is going to return the other game that shows up at regular price on the receipt extensively making JC2 a $20 purchase since it is the only item on the receipt that is discounted.

I'm trying to get Just Cause 2 and Red Steel 2, but discount is not appearing in cart. How are you guys getting Just cause 2 or $50? Additionally why isn't 50% off showing up on either game?

Thanks for the help

[quote name='bojay1997']Not if you live in a state with tax it's not. Actually, Amazon beat a lot of the TRU B2G1 deals this year and I believe they had their own around the same time.[/QUOTE]

Amazon's B2G1 only applied to select games though.

[quote name='iPhone']He is going to return the other game that shows up at regular price on the receipt extensively making JC2 a $20 purchase since it is the only item on the receipt that is discounted.[/QUOTE]

Will this work? Doesn't the computer trigger a package deal and require return of both items regardless of how it's shown on the receipt?

[quote name='tjm0711']I'm trying to get Just Cause 2 and Red Steel 2, but discount is not appearing in cart. How are you guys getting Just cause 2 or $50? Additionally why isn't 50% off showing up on either game?

Thanks for the help[/QUOTE]

I saw the same thing. I called the 800 number at the bottom of the website and spoke to someone. She said that JC2 is not eligible for the promotion. I looked at the ad and the fine print and it clearly says "all games for all systems." When I pointed this out, she said I was right and that I should get it. Then she got confused and took $60 off of the order. So I got Heavy Rain and JC2 for $60 total. Guess that's a B1G1!

[quote name='bojay1997']Will this work? Doesn't the computer trigger a package deal and require return of both items regardless of how it's shown on the receipt?[/QUOTE]

Not if the item isn't discounted ahead of time. This is why GC deals include the GC in the sale receipt.

[quote name='bojay1997']I'm sorry, I'm still not following. How much total have people been paying for JC2 and another game? If it's $85 then I really don't understand how people are claiming JC2 is just $20. What does the other game have to cost to get JC2 for $20?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='iPhone']He is going to return the other game that shows up at regular price on the receipt extensively making JC2 a $20 purchase since it is the only item on the receipt that is discounted.[/QUOTE]

That's true. I did return the game that was full price and got my money back. It was 59.99 for one game and 19.99 for JC2. So the total was 87.38 to buy together and I returned the game for 65.54. I just wanted JC2 for $20.

Just Cause 2 was retailed at 49.99 at TRUs that wasn't advertised at my store. Making it the lesser value out of the two games. Just go to your local TRUs store and get the same deal.

hmmm, sounds like i'm in for a copy of GoW3 & rebuying BFBC2 :D

i guess this works out to be the best deal right now for both of those

[quote name='iPhone']Not if the item isn't discounted ahead of time. This is why GC deals include the GC in the sale receipt.[/QUOTE]
So to confirm, I can go to TRU tonight, buy any $60 game, get JC2 for $20 on the receipt due to this promo and the $10 instant credit on JC2, then come back within the return period to trade the $60 game for another I like better?

EDIT: Trix, you returned the $60 game for a refund and they did not question you about the promo on the receipt?

[quote name='Stink_Snake']In two weeks I'll bring back my receipt and flip the full priced game for Splinter Cell.[/QUOTE]

Good luck doing that. I think TRU has tightened their return/exchange policy on B2G1/B1G1-50% items, but I could be wrong.

[quote name='wrencrest']So to confirm, I can go to TRU tonight, buy any $60 game, get JC2 for $20 on the receipt due to this promo and the $10 instant credit on JC2, then come back within the return period to trade the $60 game for another I like better?

EDIT: Trix, you returned the $60 game for a refund and they did not question you about the promo on the receipt?[/QUOTE]

Until everyone decides they're going to do this, most likely yes. It's probably YMMV but I've had no problem in the past returning items like that for a GC. As long as you can actually get JC2 for $20 and the other game full price. It's their own dumb ass fault for not discounting both games on the receipt.

I have to take a look at the receipt, but somehow I walked out of there only paying $69 and change for Just casue 2 and red steel bundle. Representative said he applied a 15% off one game, and free disk protection plan. Both games on the receipt were marked down, so I think I got further discounts beyond the 50% +$10 off of JC2.

[quote name='wrencrest']So to confirm, I can go to TRU tonight, buy any $60 game, get JC2 for $20 on the receipt due to this promo and the $10 instant credit on JC2, then come back within the return period to trade the $60 game for another I like better?

EDIT: Trix, you returned the $60 game for a refund and they did not question you about the promo on the receipt?[/QUOTE]

They ask if there was anything wrong with it. I said no and got my money back.

bread's done
Back