Buy 12 Month PS+ Sub on PSN for $49.99, Get 3 Bonus Months Until 3/5/13

Great deal. I'm good for about 18 months or so but may still grab a card. The biggest pain in the ass is having to re-queue all your downloads to update the expiration date. When you've been a member from the start, that's a lot of games and stuff. And if you have stuff on two systems, that's twice the fun.

[quote name='mitch079']great deal. I'm good for about 18 months or so but may still grab a card. The biggest pain in the ass is having to re-queue all your downloads to update the expiration date. When you've been a member from the start, that's a lot of games and stuff. And if you have stuff on two systems, that's twice the fun.[/quote]
??? What?

[quote name='mitch079']Great deal. I'm good for about 18 months or so but may still grab a card. The biggest pain in the ass is having to re-queue all your downloads to update the expiration date. When you've been a member from the start, that's a lot of games and stuff. And if you have stuff on two systems, that's twice the fun.[/QUOTE]

That's not true at all. You simply launch the game that's expired, and it'll automatically renew and give you a new expiration date.

Okay, so I used the $50 GC I got with my Black Ops bundle from BB to buy a PSN card the past week. I haven't redeemed it yet. Will I still get the 3 free months if I redeem it on my PS3 console or do I have to redeem it online or does it not matter because I didn't buy it from the Playstation store? I'm a bit confused.

[quote name='ynocturnal']CONFIRMATION: I tested it out, my 1 year PS+ card redeemed 15 months. Took a pic before and after to make sure it added the right amount of months.[/QUOTE]

YAY THANK YOU!!! :bouncy: Will be doing the same thing shortly

might be interested. I really wanted 12 months for cheaper, not an additional 3 months. especially since we don't know what plus will be like in 12 months.

[quote name='ruibing']The expiration date for games that will expire with plus is shown under Media -> Games.
After I purchased the one-year subscription from OP's link to the webstore, I refreshed the page and the expiration date for all those games were updated to reflect the extra 15 months.[/QUOTE]

Easy to check and redeem on the webstore, but you will still need to cancel auto renew for PS+ and I can only figure how to do that on the PS Store.

[quote name='Havok83']??? What?[/QUOTE]

ex. PS+ free games "purchase" date from previous months resets to the day you renew, today for me. So ALL my FREE games have reset as purchased 1/26/13 and therefore ALL appear on the top of the download list (games from months ago).

[quote name='ruibing']The expiration date for games that will expire with plus is shown under Media -> Games.
After I purchased the one-year subscription from OP's link to the webstore, I refreshed the page and the expiration date for all those games were updated to reflect the extra 15 months.[/QUOTE]
That is exactly what the link goes to, though you'd have to go a bit deeper if your last PS+ game wasn't recent.
[quote name='Palinn']Purchase history from the drop down list under your account name shows the date as well. Looks like it sends you to the same list as your link does unless that is how you got there?[/QUOTE]
Transaction History doesn't show it unless I'm missing the specific spot where it's at. The download list that I linked to is where you can find it.

I don't see why it shouldn't work with retail cards. I used one back in March 2011 when this deal was live with a retail card from GameStop, and I got all the 15 months.

[quote name='blume3']might be interested. I really wanted 12 months for cheaper, not an additional 3 months. especially since we don't know what plus will be like in 12 months.[/QUOTE]

We don't know what it will be like in 3 months. Either way you are getting 12 months cheaper. Essentially this is 12 months for $40. Yeah you pay $50 but that is the per month cost.

[quote name='ynocturnal']
ex. PS+ free games "purchase" date from previous months resets to the day you renew, today for me. So ALL my FREE games have reset as purchased 1/26/13 and therefore ALL appear on the top of the download list (games from months ago).[/QUOTE]

Is that only if you let your sub expire and then renew?

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Okay, so I used the $50 GC I got with my Black Ops bundle from BB to buy a PSN card the past week. I haven't redeemed it yet. Will I still get the 3 free months if I redeem it on my PS3 console or do I have to redeem it online or does it not matter because I didn't buy it from the Playstation store? I'm a bit confused.[/QUOTE]

If it is just a $50 PSN card enter the code from the back in the redeem a code option at the bottom of the list on the left in the store from your PS3. That should put $50 in your PSN wallet. Use that to buy a year subscription to plus for 49.99 and you should be good. I just did that this morning.

Based on other reports it appears that a PSN Plus specific code gives you the 15 months as well so if it is that you have, it should work too.

I was worried that I would have to enter a credit card, but it does not appear you have to. It just gives you a heads up that it will take money from your wallet to pay for it when it expires.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Is that only if you let your sub expire and then renew?[/QUOTE]

Before I redeemed today my expiration was 2014, so it always happens.

[quote name='ynocturnal']Before I redeemed today my expiration was 2014, so it always happens.[/QUOTE]

O.k. what a weird way to do that.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Transaction History doesn't show it unless I'm missing the specific spot where it's at. The download list that I linked to is where you can find it.[/QUOTE]

If you hover over the down arrow next to your account ID (upper right portion of the web store page) and then click on Purchase History you end up on the same page (Media/Games) as you do with the link you posted.

[quote name='Palinn']If you hover over the down arrow next to your account ID (upper right portion of the web store page) and then click on Purchase History you end up on the same page (Media/Games) as you do with the link you posted.[/QUOTE]
Ah, you're talking about the store site, not the account site.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Ah, you're talking about the store site, not the account site.[/QUOTE]

Yes and I thought you were too since the end result was the same. I see now that the Media/Game URL is pointing to "account" and no longer "store" once I clicked the Purchases link. Sorry for the confusion!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Not with a PS+ card code, but if you got a $50 card, you could use that money to grab this and get the bonus months.[/QUOTE]
Now that is some good thinking.

My subscription ends in July, but this is a pretty good deal. Torn between extending my sub into the foreseeable future, or just waiting it out.

Edit: I'll take my chances with them not supporting it. This is too good to pass up! It would take me all the way into October of 2014!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that the prepaid cards work, but what about the one included with the new year PS3 bundle. That's a little different from the regular cards since you need to put in a credit card as well.

Been on the fence about PSN+ for a while. With the extra 3 months im in, for once it paid to wait. Thanks OP.

[quote name='sTaTIx']Does this activate immediately? Or do you get a code that you can wait however long you want to redeem/activate?[/QUOTE]

You only get the 3 free months by activating an account or extending a current one.

[quote name='crzyboy88']I know that the prepaid cards work, but what about the one included with the new year PS3 bundle. That's a little different from the regular cards since you need to put in a credit card as well.[/QUOTE]

If it's a prepaid visa card and you have a paypal account do this.

Link your prepaid visa card to your paypal account.
Add funds from paypal to your PSN Wallet via the online store. The amount available to add are $5, $10, $25 etc.
I had two $20 prepaid visa cards I received from rebates from corsair products I purchased recently. Since their was no $20 amount to add I had to do 4 transaction of $10 a pop. It all worked out for me and I bought my 15 months of playstaion +.

Why do they do this when i just reloaded my account with psn plus card from bestbuy last month! Dang! Now i missed out on 3 months extra! Dont have money to shell another 50! Oh well hopefully do this again in 11 months before my subscription us up.

Sweet, thanks for the info OP! There is someone selling 12 month card on ebay for 40 bucks, looks like I got a reason to hit that now.

[quote name='LD_Helix']Sweet, thanks for the info OP! There is someone selling 12 month card on ebay for 40 bucks, looks like I got a reason to hit that now.[/QUOTE]
if i was you i would read the description before i bought those on ebay most of them are 12 1 month trials which will not work with this offer

[quote name='Chadt74']Bought a 1 year PS+ subscription via Amazon (had gift card) and put it in via the PS3 and looks like I got the 15 months.[/QUOTE]

Could anyone else confirm this?

Wish they ran this promo last year, I had some codes I was holding onto for about a year and activated them a few months ago because I was tired of waiting and wasn't sure if the codes would ever expire...

Thanks for the information! I bought a card with the coupon from the COD @Gamer magazine back in November, and I was hoping for some type of promotion for adding another year (like the free Jurassic Park game).

FYI, when you enter the code, it shows on the confirmation screen the promotion for the extra three months.

[quote name='lilseung']This Canadian seller (ebay) is selling this 1 year code for $38. I wonder if its safe to jump on it..[/QUOTE]
The canadian seller is legit, cause it just an alternate account of PlayCanada(I'm pretty sure most CAGs know who they are by now :whistle2:#).

Good deal. Contemplating renewing my PS+ that expired last month. Anyone know off the top when the 13 for 13 sale ends?

[quote name='htz']The canadian seller is legit, cause it just an alternate account of PlayCanada(I'm pretty sure most CAGs know who they are by now :whistle2:#).[/QUOTE]

I hope it's real, purchased a code, now just waiting. Hopefully by tomorrow morning...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='darkskill']Good deal. Contemplating renewing my PS+ that expired last month. Anyone know off the top when the 13 for 13 sale ends?[/QUOTE]

1/28(Monday) is the final day of the sale.

Doing the math with that ebay seller makes this equivalent to $30.14~ over a 12 month period. Bit over $2.50/month basically.

That's my price point alright. Makes that holiday Vita purchase even smoother right now.

Hopefully there's a sale on 1 year card come March. If not I'll get a new card. I'm good till September but if I get it now I won't have to worry.

bread's done
Back