Buy 12 Month PS+ Sub on PSN for $49.99, Get 3 Bonus Months Until 3/5/13

Sweet, just saw this posting. This is the exact reason I've been sitting on my PS+ 1-year card I just got over the holidays. I was holding out for either a free game or a bonus month add-on and now I've got it.

Since I'll be locked in for Plus thru July 2014, I sure hope the PS4 allows you to pull all your free games down just the same. Can't imagine why it wouldn't...

Another way to easily check sub. In xmb, psn icon, account management, transaction management, services list, plus. It's easy.

[quote name='Naterrs']I'm thinking about getting this, but I only want the discounts on PSN games, I'm not really interested in the free games that you can't play once your subscription runs out, though that is a small plus. Would this service still be worth it?[/QUOTE]

To each his own, but if you are willing to pay for a subscription to get discounts, why wouldn't you be willing to pay for a subscription to get and keep using "free" games? Even if you are interested in just a portion of the freebies, it seems like it would be worth the same or more than whatever you are paying for discounted games. On principle, I don't like not owning those games, but for $50 per year with all the other features of the subscription, it seems like an easy compromise to make.

Looks like I get to redeem my last Target $15 card. Not bad getting more PS+ for only $1 a month. I was saving it for some type of deal or free game offer.

[quote name='AdmrlBalls'] Since I'll be locked in for Plus thru July 2014, I sure hope the PS4 allows you to pull all your free games down just the same. Can't imagine why it wouldn't...[/QUOTE]

Backwards compatibility is looking like a long shot at this stage. I still went ahead and re-upped because I'm sure Sony will have something ready for PS4, but don't count on playing any PS3 games. Though Sony may throw in the PS1 emulator since that's the only one that has worked flawlessly on all of its hardware. :)

So do I need to actually purchase a 12 month card and input that code, or will I be able to just extend my existing PS+ sub with existing wallet funds? Will the system know the difference?

So for those that bought from the Canadian seller did he send you a message apologizing for the delay because his son was visiting and he was going through a divorce? I felt bad for the guy for some reason.

Frisky, if you're still keeping up with this thread, maybe you could throw an FAQ in the OP. Seems the same questions are being asked over and over.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So for those that bought from the Canadian seller did he send you a message apologizing for the delay because his son was visiting and he was going through a divorce? I felt bad for the guy for some reason.[/QUOTE]

No, he just answered my question about emailing the code within an hour of my asking and then did email me the code within an hour of me buying it.

Bummer for him.

[quote name='mtxbass1']So do I need to actually purchase a 12 month card and input that code, or will I be able to just extend my existing PS+ sub with existing wallet funds? Will the system know the difference?[/QUOTE]

Either will work, as long as it's a 12 month purchase/code input :D

FYI - Plus codes must be input on your PS3, they do not work in the online PSN store via PC, it gives you an error message.

If I get this..it will add on to what I have, right? Not re-start the time period from when I subscribe? I know this is a stupid as hell question, but it's Sony..

I expire in June, so I may as well take advantage of this.

[quote name='gldoorii']If I get this..it will add on to what I have, right? Not re-start the time period from when I subscribe? I know this is a stupid as hell question, but it's Sony..

I expire in June, so I may as well take advantage of this.[/QUOTE]

It will stack, you are adding 15 months to your existing PS+ membership.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Frisky, if you're still keeping up with this thread, maybe you could throw an FAQ in the OP. Seems the same questions are being asked over and over.[/QUOTE]

Like people read FAQs anyway.

[quote name='Captain Wrong']Like people read FAQs anyway.[/QUOTE]

The problem is, people that do, don't need to post anything, since all their questions are answered right there.

And of course, the people that don't read, immediately post their question and wait for the answer.

Can I activate my PS+ through my Vita and still have it apply to my PS3? My PS3 won't update the store (gets a percentage done, goes from 5 seconds left and keeps counting up, then disconnects me. It happens all the time, but only at my house. Worked fine at college on a wireless network. Not sure how to fix it, but whatever. I have tried wired and wireless connections, no problems with any of my other devices and I've never done anything funny with my PS3. It's the MGS4 bundle version), but my Vita works perfectly and it's the same email address/PSN account.

EDIT: I already bought a PSN 1 year card.

You could just do it with the web store link in the OP if you want and get all of the content there, as well. Then you should just be able to bring up the download list under Account Management and download them without going into the PS Store.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You could just do it with the web store link in the OP if you want and get all of the content there, as well. Then you should just be able to bring up the download list under Account Management and download them without going into the PS Store.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I might give that a shot then. Need to back up my Vita data so I can transfer memory cards before activating though. I think I can do that on my PC as well though. Thanks!

[quote name='doc_j88']^^Sounds like your Home internet is the culprit not the PS3

Reset your modem and router[/QUOTE]

I have tried many times simply resetting both. Same thing happens. Then the PS3 disconnects and no other devices in the house (laptops, Kindles, 360, etc) are unable to locate the internet until I reset the modem and router again.

[quote name='erequena']This would also qualify for the "Get $10 back" after spending $50 right? That makes it an even better deal[/QUOTE]

Yes, the consensus seems to be that if you use psn prepaid cards to add funds to your wallet and then buy the PS+ subscription you'll get the $10 back BUT if you just buy the 1 year PS+ prepaid cards you won't get the $10 back because you're just redeeming the subscription and not actually spending $50 out of your PSN wallet.

[quote name='erequena']This would also qualify for the "Get $10 back" after spending $50 right? That makes it an even better deal[/QUOTE]

I saw an official post on the PSN blog saying $49.99 counted as $50 (for the offer).

Just got my PS+ 12+3-month renewal from the store using $50 in wallet funds.

FYI: if you plan on doing this and haven't yet, the PlayStation Store is gonna be down while PSN is undergoing maintenance tomorrow (Monday 03-04-2013) from 5AM-7PM PST (source here), so you may want to jump on this before the downtime hits. Otherwise you'd only have about a half a day worth of time until the store updates at some point on Tuesday 03-05-2013 so that you still qualify for the 3-month promo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read through the thread and noone seems to have answered this yet after someone asked earlier.

Can you get 3 free months more than once?? Buy 2 separate 1 yr subs and get 15 + 15 months, or is it limit 1 free 3months per account?

I'll pick up two cards as gifts. Hopefully Sony makes a way for psn+ users to be able to use the free content they earned through the member on ps4 so it just seems like a waste to keep buying ps+ once everyone moves on to the new system.

[quote name='ZeTeny']Today is the last day to get it correct? I don't want to go out and buy a $50 card and find out the deal has ended.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it says March 4 but after the store back up you should be able to get the deal.

[quote name='ZeTeny']Today is the last day to get it correct? I don't want to go out and buy a $50 card and find out the deal has ended.[/QUOTE]
Tomorrow when the PS Store updates, which is typically around 6 PM EST.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Tomorrow when the PS Store updates, which is typically around 6 PM EST.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Frisky I thought it said March 4. Didn't know the deadline was when the store updated. Thanks for the correction.

[quote name='scottman']Can you get 3 free months more than once?? Buy 2 separate 1 yr subs and get 15 + 15 months, or is it limit 1 free 3months per account?[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth...

After this promo was announced, I redeemed a 12m subscription card that I bought last year right before E3 and the PS+ announcement (just in case they raised the price or something) and got the 3m bonus.

Then last night I used the funds in my PSN wallet to buy another 12m subscription, and also got the 3m bonus.

So in total, I extended my subscription by 2y 6m, and will get $10 back in my wallet come April.

They are in maintance so those who still want this deal will have to wait till 9PM (pst) before the system comes up to apply their codes for the 12+3 month deal. :(

Has Sony said if the PS+ sub will continue for the PS4? I just got a year sub, but with the $10 back and bonus 3 months, I was thinking of getting another one.

[quote name='lectersvictim']The PS Store is back up![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update. Finally redeemed two 12 month cards that I've had for a long time. Looking forward to playing Quantum Conundrum. And some other stuff, too. Tried downloading all of the free games, got errors with several, but they still show up as "purchased", so not worried. The only ones that didn't allow a purchase at all were the two foosball games - I think I'll live if somehow I'm not able to get them.

Btw, in case anyone was concerned, the extra 2 months worked on both redemptions after the store came back up.

I'm considering the same thing. If I have no plans to get a PS4 or vita in the next 2 years, should I assume they will have nothing for me on + for ps3 or psp past about a year from now so it would be a waste?

[quote name='scottman']I'm considering the same thing. If I have no plans to get a PS4 or vita in the next 2 years, should I assume they will have nothing for me on + for ps3 or psp past about a year from now so it would be a waste?[/QUOTE]

I'd assume they'll still have ps3 content released considering they still continue to release free psp games on plus despite the vita being out.

[quote name='jrhawk42']I'd assume they'll still have ps3 content released considering they still continue to release free psp games on plus despite the vita being out.[/QUOTE]

One could argue that they release the PSP content because the PSVita is backwards compatible with the PSP. They select items specifically for the Vita, that is my assumption as the instant games are only for those two consoles.

So the big if, is if they continue with the PS3 after PS4 launch, or if they will add the PS4 at launch. It seems silly to add brand new console to PS+ at least as far as games go.

bread's done
Back