Buy 2, Get 1 Free Used Games & Accessories at GameStop

msuna

CAGiversary!
[IMG-r=5198]7291[/IMG-r]Use coupon code B2G1FREE to activate GameStop.com's buy 2, get 1 free used game & accessories sale. Offer valid in-store too. Sale ends Saturday, 7/17.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop.com

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Wasn't that after getting it from Best Buy for $10 after using two coupons on a copy?;) I should've tried that myself, but damned if I'm not too stubborn and cheap and never bought a printer. That manufacturer's coupon required you to install some stupid coupon program just to get it.:roll:

But I still could've bought a copy for $20 and made another $12.:D:applause:[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was I traded my copy for :ps3: last week also since I got my moneys worth and then some out of the game.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Yes, it was I traded my copy for :ps3: last week also since I got my moneys worth and then some out of the game.[/QUOTE]

It's an awesome game and well worth $10-$20 for something you can just pick up and play and have a blast in multiplayer. My 360 copy is a keeper.

[quote name='confoosious']It's an awesome game and well worth $10-$20 for something you can just pick up and play and have a blast in multiplayer. My 360 copy is a keeper.[/QUOTE]

I did have a lot of fun with it, and might end up buying it down the line again for the same price I paid.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']It all depends on what kind of games you like. Dragon Age is a real-time 'turn-based' rpg that harkens back to more traditional fantasy RPGs. If you've playing Knights of the Old Republic then you have a good idea of what to expect. Personally I'm more into sci-fi so Dragon Age isn't my cup of tea, also I found it to be a little too boring for my taste.

Demon's Souls on the other hand is an Action RPG that requires great skill and has crushing difficutly, but I absolutely love it. It harkens back to the more hardcore gaming of classic games, definitely not a casual friendly game.

Both games offer countless hours of gameplay, Dragon Age easily 70+ hours but I've put in 50+ hours on 3 playthroughs of Demon's Souls, each game+ getting harder as you use the same character to continuously level up (max level is like 517 or something).[/QUOTE]

712 is the max level where all of your stats are at 99. 50+ hours in 3 playthroughs? Damn, you must be killing everything quickly. I guess I'm too methodical as I have over 150 hours in on my 3rd playthrough. Of course, lots of dying in between. On my last runthrough to get the platinum. Just need the last couple spells/miracles.

[quote name='the8055']I got just one question Dragon Age Origins or Demon Souls. I heard DM is tough and really tough, this statment kind of turns me away. I head DAO was more rpg style but the battle system is like give an order and wait for your turn. So please someone give me the right choice and don't say both.[/QUOTE]

Well, I loved DA more than any game I've played in a long time and I put in a ton of hours on it. The con is that the graphics aren't that hot - DS graphics are much better.

As far as the play style on DA goes, I hate RPGs and have no patience for the turn-based play but DA isn't really set up like that. You can have as much or as little control as you want. I played through on the easier setting because, again, I'm not into micromanaging turn-based play. There are 4 in your party and you can control your main character - OR any of the other characters for as short or as long of a time as you want. You do NOT have to wait for a turn. You don't really give orders either - I think you can, if you want, but I always just went in and did whatever I wanted to do. The only order I ever gave was for my party to stay in one spot for a bit while I looked around for stuff. It is set up so you push a button and your character will keep doing the chosen action until it runs its course, but I that is less noticeable than many RPGs - mainly because you can change your action whenever you want by hitting another button/chosing another action.

On the easier setting, whatever characters you aren't controlling at the time will automatically fight, and generally fight pretty effectively. I would switch to a character to have them drink a heal potion once in a while, or to the mage to set off a specific spell - but it will manage itself VERY well if you want it to. On the other hand, if you like having all that control, it will let you do that too. DA is a Bioware game, so if you liked Mass Effect then you'll probably like it. There is some entertaining dialogue between party members and you get more party members to choose from as you go on. It is quite Oblivion-esque as well in terms of environment, types of quests, etc.

Incidentally, the expansion for it (Awakenings) is also pretty entertaining - though it does have a fair share of bugs. DA (original) doesn't have nearly the bugs that Awakening does.

I didn't play DS that much, so I don't want to offer up an opinion on it other than I found the difficulty frustrating.

[quote name='Velo214']oh yeah n jp is right. prices between 30-60 are bout +5 instore, seems the case.[/QUOTE]
After doing a little more window shopping in-store today it does look like a good percentage of games that are $34.99 in-stire and higher are $5 cheaper online. Not all of them, but a good portion. $34.99 seems to be the cut-off, at least that I've found. This was also going by sticker price so there still might be some room for play there. A lot of the stores around me aren't the best about keeping all the stickers up to date. They try, but it's obviously not the easiest with how much stuff fluctuates.

[quote name='JP']After doing a little more window shopping in-store today it does look like a good percentage of games that are $34.99 in-stire and higher are $5 cheaper online. Not all of them, but a good portion. $34.99 seems to be the cut-off, at least that I've found. This was also going by sticker price so there still might be some room for play there. A lot of the stores around me aren't the best about keeping all the stickers up to date. They try, but it's obviously not the easiest with how much stuff fluctuates.[/QUOTE]

And when you start going down to games that are $12.99 online, then add $2 to make it the in store price. $17.99 goes to $19.99. Occasionally (I noticed this with 3 games yesterday) the "online only" price and the B&M price are the same.

I picked up Ico and a pair of SSFIVs. I also picked up Tales of Symphonia, Skies of Arcadia Legends and Resident Evil 5 from a local gs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up Ico and a pair of SSFIVs. I also picked up Tales of Symphonia, Skies of Arcadia Legends and Resident Evil 5 from a local gs.

[quote name='DarkRider23']And when you start going down to games that are $12.99 online, then add $2 to make it the in store price. $17.99 goes to $19.99. Occasionally (I noticed this with 3 games yesterday) the "online only" price and the B&M price are the same.[/QUOTE]
I got 27 games yesterday and had no differences. All ranging from $7.99 to $19.99. Not saying it doesn't happen but I think it is a whole lot rarer.

Geez. I walked into one of the local GameStops not expecting to find much. Left the store with (prices were pre-EDGE discount):

Tales of Vesperia (XBOX 360): $29.99
Eternal Sonata (PS3): $29.99
Dragon Quest IX (DS): FREE

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona (PSP): $17.99
Konami Classics Vol. 1 (XBOX 360): $17.99
Bioshock Limited Edition (XBOX 360): FREE

There was some decent stuff around the $29.99 price point. Risen (XBOX 360) was probably worth getting as was .hack//GU Redemption (PS2), but I felt the others were slightly better gets.

Yes, someone actually traded in Dragon Quest IX already. And, no, the Bioshock Limited Edition doesn't have the big box and Big Daddy figure, but it's got all three discs! Persona PSP and Konami Classics were price-point filler and I was grumpy they couldn't find the MGS: Portable Ops (PSP) UMD. Someone sold it as MGS: Portable Ops PLUS. Grrr...and I had to wait 20 minutes so they could locate the Tales of Vesperia disc.

But for being patient, I got the following freebies:

God of War III lanyard
Split Second pre-order die-cast car
Prototype Alex Mercer NECA per-order figure
3x Tekken 6 Limited Edition Premium Gift packs
FREE Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition hardcover guide (rang up $0.01)

Guess I was wrong about not finding much...

you think I could get away with bringing back Arkham Asylum? On my reciept from the buy 2 get 1 it shows me bringing back SvR10, and getting it back and it also shows the 2 games I bought Arkham Asylum and ME 2. I see that AA will be 19.99 in the power hour. SvR was considered the free game too so maybe they wont look at that part. How would they know I've done the buy2g1 anyway

Ok guys help me decide what I should do here. I have a $30 gamestop gift card to spend and can't decide what option to go with. I can also add $20+ if necessary.

Borderlands - $24.74 w/ 25USED discount.
Borderlands Expansion - $14.99 no discount.

Total - $39.73

Or

Resident Evil 5 - $14.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $17.99
Assassins Creed 2 - $22.99

Total - $40.98

Or

Skip both discounts and put $30 down on Halo Reach.

I'm also up for other suggestions.

[quote name='Capocci 007'] How would they know I've done the buy2g1 anyway[/QUOTE]

I dunno.. cause they work there and can see $0.00 on the receipt?

[quote name='confoosious']I dunno.. cause they work there and can see $0.00 on the receipt?[/QUOTE]

O well if they catch me I'll laugh and just go home and get the other 2 games and re-do my whole deal lol. I'll just get ME2 with SvR10, and get some other game for free and than grab AA Sunday for $19.99

[quote name='Capocci 007']O well if they catch me I'll laugh and just go home and get the other 2 games and re-do my whole deal lol. I'll just get ME2 with SvR10, and get some other game for free and than grab AA Sunday for $19.99[/QUOTE]

Or how about instead of trying to rip them off, you just go with that second option right off the bat?

[quote name='SteelSD']Or how about instead of trying to rip them off, you just go with that second option right off the bat?[/QUOTE]

:lol: such a simple concept, isn't it?

[quote name='SteelSD']Or how about instead of trying to rip them off, you just go with that second option right off the bat?[/QUOTE]

How am I ripping them off? It's called being smart about it. What is the 2nd option to go with? I have Batman I've payed 35 for it on the deal. It's going to be 20 on Sunday so why would I keep my 35 AA and get ripped 15 bucks?

[quote name='confoosious']I dunno.. cause they work there and can see $0.00 on the receipt?[/QUOTE]

Not if you buy two of the same game (and one of them is discounted.) The system somehow divides the amounts into both games rather than giving you one at the full cost and another free.

It's weird, but whatever works for them.

[quote name='Capocci 007']How am I ripping them off? It's called being smart about it. What is the 2nd option to go with? I have Batman I've payed 35 for it on the deal. It's going to be 20 on Sunday so why would I keep my 35 AA and get ripped 15 bucks?[/QUOTE]

If you attempt to get a refund for the full purchase price of one of those three games without returning ALL of the games, it's fraud. You can avoid that by being up-front with your receipt and simply asking to exchange the Batman AA for another game priced at $34.99.

What you were looking to do was exactly the opposite of "smart".

[quote name='confoosious']must... not... respond... to... d...

SERENITY NOW! SERENITY NOW![/QUOTE]

Haha i love that episode!

Scanned through a few pages, and the question has probably been answered: Will the B2G1 deal rollover for an hour or two into 7/18 so we can get the Power Saver Deal prices?

This was a fun sale. I bought 9 games of varying quality for about $51 out the door:
Dark Sector
The Darkness
Blue Dragon
Clive Barker's Jericho
Viking
Too Human
Condemned 2
Bionic Commando
Lost Planet - (the guy asked me if I wanted the metal case from the drawer, I said sure. Turns out it had the art book and extra disc from the Collector's Edition. Score.)

[quote name='Krazyflipz']Ok guys help me decide what I should do here. I have a $30 gamestop gift card to spend and can't decide what option to go with. I can also add $20+ if necessary.

Borderlands - $24.74 w/ 25USED discount.
Borderlands Expansion - $14.99 no discount.

Total - $39.73

Or

Resident Evil 5 - $14.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $17.99
Assassins Creed 2 - $22.99

Total - $40.98

Or

Skip both discounts and put $30 down on Halo Reach.

I'm also up for other suggestions.[/QUOTE]

I'd go with the second option since they're coming out with a Borderlands GOTY Edition this year with all the DLCs included with it.

I think i got a solid deal
killzone 2
infamous
assassin creed 2 (360)
54.00 bucks total includes tax used my edge card.

[quote name='SteelSD']Geez. I walked into one of the local GameStops not expecting to find much. Left the store with (prices were pre-EDGE discount):

Tales of Vesperia (XBOX 360): $29.99
Eternal Sonata (PS3): $29.99
Dragon Quest IX (DS): FREE

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona (PSP): $17.99
Konami Classics Vol. 1 (XBOX 360): $17.99
Bioshock Limited Edition (XBOX 360): FREE

There was some decent stuff around the $29.99 price point. Risen (XBOX 360) was probably worth getting as was .hack//GU Redemption (PS2), but I felt the others were slightly better gets.

Yes, someone actually traded in Dragon Quest IX already. And, no, the Bioshock Limited Edition doesn't have the big box and Big Daddy figure, but it's got all three discs! Persona PSP and Konami Classics were price-point filler and I was grumpy they couldn't find the MGS: Portable Ops (PSP) UMD. Someone sold it as MGS: Portable Ops PLUS. Grrr...and I had to wait 20 minutes so they could locate the Tales of Vesperia disc.

But for being patient, I got the following freebies:

God of War III lanyard
Split Second pre-order die-cast car
Prototype Alex Mercer NECA per-order figure
3x Tekken 6 Limited Edition Premium Gift packs
FREE Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition hardcover guide (rang up $0.01)

Guess I was wrong about not finding much...[/QUOTE]

Wow you really scored with DQ IX and that ME 2 guide. If it's anything like the hardcover Dragon Age guide, it's worth like $60 plus on EBay right now.

I went ahead and put in two orders:

:wii:

Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Dungeon

:ps2:

Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Xenosaga III: Also Sprach Zarathustra

:ds:

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey

:psp:

Mega Man X: Maverick Hunter
Ultimate Ghosts N Goblin

Not bad at all for burning about $60 in Game Stop credit. ;) I used Edge / Power Up Rewards, B2G1FREE, and SAVER for both orders.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Wow you really scored with DQ IX and that ME 2 guide. If it's anything like the hardcover Dragon Age guide, it's worth like $60 plus on EBay right now.[/QUOTE]

I never really understood the rage with guides when you can find so many walkthroughs with videos on the Internet. Are they just for collector purposes or what? Penny guides, I can 100% understand, but why would someone pay $60 for a guide? Someone enlighten me please.

I hit up Gamestop yesterday and picked up DJ Hero with turntable for $50, Batman AA for $35 and L4D2 for free - all 360. Traded in a bunch of stuff that I'll have to add to the other thread once I find my receipt. Really liking DJ Hero (trying the other two games tonight after the kid's in bed!)

[quote name='MSUHitman']Wow you really scored with DQ IX and that ME 2 guide. If it's anything like the hardcover Dragon Age guide, it's worth like $60 plus on EBay right now.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, it's nothing like the HC Dragon Age guide. The Mass Effect 2 HC guide is worth about $10-15 bucks. But, hey, it was free so I'm not complaining one bit.

My GS yesterday had a copy of SMT: Noctourne. I'm thinking I shoulda picked it up. It looked a bit beat up though.

SSFIV needs to come back in stock today. Just my luck, I finally find 3 games I want and one of them goes OOS.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']My GS yesterday had a copy of SMT: Noctourne. I'm thinking I shoulda picked it up. It looked a bit beat up though.

SSFIV needs to come back in stock today. Just my luck, I finally find 3 games I want and one of them goes OOS.[/QUOTE]
And now Lips Party Classics is OOS...

So nothing for me this sale.

Ratchet and Clank Crack in Time (PS3)
GTA Episodes from Liberty City (PS3)
Mass Effect 2 (360 plus with an unused cerebus activation card!)

With Edge discount came to a grand total of $63 and all games were in mint condition (costs a few extra dollars but much better to buy in store as you can check them out first). As I paid with credit there was no tax as well.

Didn't quite score everything I was looking for, but a pretty good haul for myself:

360:
Dante's Inferno
Dragon Age: Origins
MLB 2k10
Gears of War 2
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

DS:
GTA: Chinatown Wars

$102

Wasn't planning on buying anything, but just my luck I found a Gamestop with 3 games I actually wanted to play.

PS3:
Red Dead Redemption Special Edition
Yakuza 3
Transformers: War for Cybertron

[quote name='mr_bungle']I never really understood the rage with guides when you can find so many walkthroughs with videos on the Internet. Are they just for collector purposes or what? Penny guides, I can 100% understand, but why would someone pay $60 for a guide? Someone enlighten me please.[/QUOTE]

1. Collectible purposes, especially on RPG's. They either have shorter print runs compared to their demand, or they will have a limited hardcover edition that's limited to like 30k copies or so (see Bioware and Square Enix RPG's, and some other random games like MGS 4 or Alan Wake.)

2. Since there is a higher probability to get stuck on RPG's, lots of people, including myself, like to have the guide near them as they play so that they don't have to leave the couch to go to their computer to look up help. Also internet guides are hardly ever done when the game comes out so if you're wanting to play it the first week the print guide is the only one out there.

Although you're right at times the internet guide will be better than the print guide. Best example I know of is the Tales of Vesperia PDF guide on faqs.ign.com, which blows the print guide out of the water in terms of quality. And you don't have to pay $40-$60 for it since the print guide is OoP.

I'm really surprised the ME 2 guide is not anywhere near as valuable as the hard cover DA guide. I guess it's because the ME 2 guide is just hard cover with nothing else and the DA guide has some bonus artwork and the complete history of Ferelden after the main guide.

Well was going to pick up some older titles for ps3
Bioshock
Deadspace
Star Wars Unleashed

But coupon isn't working for me. Also has anyone here played The Saboteur. A lot of mixed reviews on it. Was wondering if it was worth getting.

[quote name='mjex450']Also has anyone here played The Saboteur. A lot of mixed reviews on it. Was wondering if it was worth getting.[/QUOTE]

Yes! Very underrated game.

Anyone have the same trouble as I finding good quality DS games at B&M GS stores? I realize more kids would own and trade DS games, but the selection is kind of ridiculous. I am going on a business trip for a few weeks and was going to borrow my wife's DS, but I couldnt find anything I wanted that wasnt complete garbage (cases looked like they were chewed by the dog, or they had the generic GS case). I said I wasnt anal in another thread but I guess I am when it comes to the condition of my games...

[quote name='mjex450']Also has anyone here played The Saboteur. A lot of mixed reviews on it. Was wondering if it was worth getting.[/QUOTE]Definitely worth picking up!

[quote name='wrencrest']Anyone have the same trouble as I finding good quality DS games at B&M GS stores? I realize more kids would own and trade DS games, but the selection is kind of ridiculous. I am going on a business trip for a few weeks and was going to borrow my wife's DS, but I couldnt find anything I wanted that wasnt complete garbage (cases looked like they were chewed by the dog, or they had the generic GS case). I said I wasnt anal in another thread but I guess I am when it comes to the condition of my games...[/QUOTE]

yes, very true!!! I was lucky to find some DS and PSP games but it took me 5 different Gamestops to find complete games.

bread's done
Back