Buy 2, Get 1 Free Used Games & Accessories at GameStop

msuna

CAGiversary!
[IMG-r=5198]7291[/IMG-r]Use coupon code B2G1FREE to activate GameStop.com's buy 2, get 1 free used game & accessories sale. Offer valid in-store too. Sale ends Saturday, 7/17.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, everything but one worked great so I switched it out.

Army of Two - $14.99 (Free)
Army of Two: 40th Day - $34.99 ($31.49 after Edge)
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay - $17.99 ($16.19 after Edge)
Fear 2 - $17.99 ($16.19 after Edge)
Ghostbusters - $17.99 ($16.19 after Edge)
Godfather - $14.99 ($13.49 after Edge)
Godfather II - $17.99 (Free)
Halo 3: ODST - $34.99 (Free)
Naughty Bear - $39.99 ($35.99 after Edge)
Red Faction: Guerilla - $17.99 (Free)
Spider-man: Web of Shadows - $17.99 ($16.19 after Edge)
Tekken 6 - $26.99 ($24.29 after Edge)
Wanted: Weapons of Fate - $14.99 ($13.49 after Edge)
Wheelman - $24.99 (Free)
X-men Origins: Wolverine - $26.99 ($24.29 after Edge)

Total $222.35 after tax. Comes out to $14.82 overage. Not great, but not terrible.

[quote name='JP']Okay, everything but one worked great so I switched it out.

Army of Two - $14.99 (Free)
Army of Two: 40th Day - $34.99 ($31.49 after Edge)
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay - $17.99 ($16.19 after Edge)
Fear 2 - $17.99 ($16.19 after Edge)
Ghostbusters - $17.99 ($16.19 after Edge)
Godfather - $14.99 ($13.49 after Edge)
Godfather II - $17.99 (Free)
Halo 3: ODST - $34.99 (Free)
Naughty Bear - $39.99 ($35.99 after Edge)
Red Faction: Guerilla - $17.99 (Free)
Spider-man: Web of Shadows - $17.99 ($16.19 after Edge)
Tekken 6 - $26.99 ($24.29 after Edge)
Wanted: Weapons of Fate - $14.99 ($13.49 after Edge)
Wheelman - $24.99 (Free)
X-men Origins: Wolverine - $26.99 ($24.29 after Edge)

Total $222.35 after tax. Comes out to $14.82 overage. Not great, but not terrible.[/QUOTE]So that brings your total to 42 games? Holy shit man, thats quite the haul!:applause:

Yep. All games and transactions combined, 42 games at a $11.53 average. Not too bad. All complete, with original cases and manuals. Only 1 platinum hits case/game/manual out of the bunch.

[quote name='JP']Yep. All games and transactions combined, 42 games at a $11.53 average. Not too bad. All complete, with original cases and manuals. Only 1 platinum hits case/game/manual out of the bunch.[/QUOTE]

Good job JP nice haul! :applause:

haha, that's quite the load of games...but when are you ever going to finish all of them?

I'm now just realizing i personally don't need more than 5 or so games on me at one time, otherwise i'll never devote time to just one.

Unless you plan to take the road of flipping or selling the games to make a small profit?

hah, but beastly haul man

I am basically stocking up for the rest of the year. I never buy new games anymore. Just not worth it. That and I had some Paypal funds that had built up quite large so figured it was a good time to wipe it clean. Naughty Bear is first on my list too. I know i probably paid too much for it, but I've been really looking forward to it since the early trailers.

Nice! You must own like 250 games in total.

Anyway what do you guys suggest?

Arkham Asylum, Dragon Age, Dante's Inferno, or AVP? Not 3. Just 1 of those what is the best? My thought is Dragon Age since AA is dropping to $20.

hah, gotcha man! So i guess next time this sale comes around, we'll be expecting your hauls to include RDR, Transformers WFC, ME2, etc, etc haha?

smart move...i could learn from this lol

[quote name='Capocci 007']Nice! You must own like 250 games in total.

Arkham Asylum, Dragon Age, Dante's Inferno, or AVP?[/QUOTE]

Well i've basically 1000/1000ed Batman, DA:O, and Dante's

I'd say the best of the 3 is DA:O, Batman being the second, then Dante's. But all 3 are terrific games with their own gems

[quote name='jcp42877']hah, gotcha man! So i guess next time this sale comes around, we'll be expecting your hauls to include RDR, Transformers WFC, ME2, etc, etc haha?

smart move...i could learn from this lol[/QUOTE]
Probably but it wont be until the last sale of the year, if not the first one of next year before I do that.

I got hosed in my buy2 get 1 deal.

I'm returning it and re-doing it. It's ME2 (32) and SvR10 (32) are the 2 games I'm getting. The free game was originally AA (32) but it's dropping to 19.99 tomorrow so I'm taking out AA and adding in DA. Also, I didn't use my edge card to save like $6.. I didn't think you could.

[quote name='Capocci 007']Nice! You must own like 250 games in total.

Arkham Asylum, Dragon Age, Dante's Inferno, or AVP? Not 3. Just 1 of those what is the best? My thought is Dragon Age since AA is dropping to $20.[/QUOTE]

Since Arkham is dropping get Dragon Age for sure.

Dante's and AVP are both already starting to drop.

Say I buy a 54.99 game and a 34.99 game,, what priced game do I get for free? another 34.99 game? or does it round out and I get a 44.99 priced game for free?

[quote name='Capocci 007']I got hosed in my buy2 get 1 deal.

I'm returning it and re-doing it. It's ME2 (32) and SvR10 (32) are the 2 games I'm getting. The free game was originally AA (32) but it's dropping to 19.99 tomorrow so I'm taking out AA and adding in DA. Also, I didn't use my edge card to save like $6.. I didn't think you could.[/QUOTE]

sounds like u hosed yourself

[quote name='Capocci 007']Say I buy a 54.99 game and a 34.99 game,, what priced game do I get for free? another 34.99 game? or does it round out and I get a 44.99 priced game for free?[/QUOTE]

Lowest priced game is the free one.

got Transformers WFC, Just Cause 2, and Metro 2033 for 92 out the door only spent 1 acutal dollar and the rest credit. Not too bad i think

Well I didn't do too bad. Traded in:

Darksiders- $9
Fallout 3- $5
Rainbow Six Vegas 2- $4

with EDGE and $10 promo, netted me $29.80

Then I used that, and emptied my $10 CoD Black Ops reservation to get:

Mass Effect 2
Rock Band 2
Ninja Blade

for $15.56

:)

not too shabby. I hope Ninja Blade is fairly good. Wanted to play it for a while, and i couldn't really find another decent $24.99 title available

[quote name='wrencrest']Anyone have the same trouble as I finding good quality DS games at B&M GS stores? I realize more kids would own and trade DS games, but the selection is kind of ridiculous. I am going on a business trip for a few weeks and was going to borrow my wife's DS, but I couldnt find anything I wanted that wasnt complete garbage (cases looked like they were chewed by the dog, or they had the generic GS case). I said I wasnt anal in another thread but I guess I am when it comes to the condition of my games...[/QUOTE]

I know the feeling, I'm definitely anal when it comes to buying the games, especially if it isn't complete.

[quote name='jello44']I know the feeling, I'm definitely anal when it comes to buying the games, especially if it isn't complete.[/QUOTE]

Of the three GS stores around, one of them has taken to storing the DS cases/manuals in the back room while displaying ONLY the game carts in stand-up locked cases. Another won't take the cases or manuals AT ALL; which prevents me from purchasing any used DS games at that store. I asked about it and both managers cited GS executive management policy mandate as the reason. I'm scared to even check the third as I'm almost certain they'll be following the latter practice (mall store; small storage room).

I forgot to ask about the absurdity of having a refurb fee in the system for DS games when they accept a complete copy in the first place.

[quote name='SteelSD']Of the three GS stores around, one of them has taken to storing the DS cases/manuals in the back room while displaying ONLY the game carts in stand-up locked cases. Another won't take the cases or manuals AT ALL; which prevents me from purchasing any used DS games at that store. I asked about it and both managers cited GS executive management policy mandate as the reason. I'm scared to even check the third as I'm almost certain they'll be following the latter practice (mall store; small storage room).

I forgot to ask about the absurdity of having a refurb fee in the system for DS games when they accept a complete copy in the first place.[/QUOTE]

I know of two that display the DS cartridges like that. One has them in a glass case that is connected to the counter with the drawers. The other has that small towered one with glass doors, however they only display the full case/manuals on the wall and those only. They make the generic ones on the fly.

Probably running out of room, having said that, it would not surprise me if they starting moving the Gamecube games like they were doing with the Xbox games pretty soon.

[quote name='Jbellvil64']can you use your trade in credit to purchase from gamestop online[/QUOTE]

Yep. You just enter the account number and PIN on the back of your Edge/gift card during checkout (payment options).

Managed to find great condition copies of :ps2: Castlevania: Lament of Innocence and :ps2: Odin Sphere. Couldin't find any of the other games I was really looking for so I picked up :ps3: Guitar Hero World Tour so my girlfriend and I would have some new songs to play.

I picked up Red Dead Redemption and Alan Wake for the 360 (both $54.99 pre-Edge) and wound up getting Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time ($39.99 pre-Edge) for free. Mario and Luigi was actually the title that I really wanted to get, since it's not in stores any more, and astonishingly, the copy on the shelf had case, artwork, and manual.

had a GREAT 3 day haul, left a Bunch Of tetris DS, MVC 2, Zelda Collectors editions, Star wars FU Ultimate Sith And MPTs, Kinda wish I would have bought them but whatever between 4 stores i found all complete:
Digimon World Dusk
Digimon World Dawn
Izuna
Disgaea 2 PSP
Karaoke Idol Wii pt 2-2 copies
Dragon Quest V
Zone Of the enders 2nd runner
mega Man Advent ZX
Shadow hearts Covenant
My Spanish Coach DS
Suikoden V
Final fantasy VI advance-2 copies game only
Class of heroes PSP
F1-Ps3-3 copies
metal gear solid twin Snakes
THREE XENOSADA 3 MINT CONDITION COMPLETE COPIES
Metal gear solid peace walker limited edition new-no preorder bandana tho :(
the Document of metal gear Solid 2-SUPER RARE
the dark Spire
dk JUNGLE CLIMBER-another really hard to find game
2 NHL 07 PSps
Etrian odyssey 2 Rondo of Swords and
fish tycoon
most of these games are really, really hard to find, and all in all I cant complain about the 3 day haul

I got Ar Tonelico 2 Premium Editon with the Artbook, Sound track CD, and Game case/Manual in Perfect condition even the game disc is in perfect condition, but said that it was pre-owned for $24.99 the box has some minor damage... I mean very minor damage.
Got Magna Carta for $14.99 (pre-owned) - Prefect condition no damage at all, but still wondering why it was pre-owned.
Got a PS2 8MB Memory Card for $9.99 (Free).

Also saw Arcana Heart (PS2) for $9.99 Pre-owned and $29.99 New - This game is very popular with people at SRK forums.
I also saw Bujingai (PS2) $2.99 disk only, but very rare to find that game because not many people know about the game.

I went to 4 Gamestop to find Ar Tonelico series and only 2 stores carry them. One with only the disk while the other is the premium collection which I got. Very rare to find it that cheap with everything in near mint condition too.

Hope you all CAGers out there find some good deals.

[quote name='The Nephilim']I got Darksiders PS3

Mass Effect 2 360

And WET PS3

Wet was only copy and without a case and manual of course. Anyone happen to have one?[/QUOTE]

I have a WET box (that's what she said) but no manual.
Oops that was a 360 WET box. Sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Stevothepro']had a GREAT 3 day haul, left a Bunch Of tetris DS, MVC 2, Zelda Collectors editions, Star wars FU Ultimate Sith And MPTs, Kinda wish I would have bought them but whatever between 4 stores i found all complete:
Digimon World Dusk
Digimon World Dawn
Izuna
Disgaea 2 PSP
Dragon Quest V
mega Man Advent ZX
Shadow hearts Covenant
My Spanish Coach DS
Suikoden V
Class of heroes PSP
F1-Ps3-3 copies
the dark Spire
2 NHL 07 PSps
fish tycoon
most of these games are really, really hard to find, and all in all I cant complain about the 3 day haul[/QUOTE]

Darn if the sale was a week earlier, you could have made out like a bandit with those FI PS3 games. It was like $30 something on AZ for a day.

Holy **** has this happened to anyone before?

Ok during the 25USED sale, i ordered 1 copy of Modnation Racers, and 1 copy of GTA IV both PS3 tuesday night. Saver shipping and everything. Friday morning I got a copy of GTA IV in the mail, generic case and manual, and friday afternoon Modnation came.

Then, today the real stuff begins. I'm out the whole day, and come back to check the mail, and there's a package. I find it strange because i didnt order anything else. I open it up, and low and behold, another copy of GTA IV, complete and everything. I couldn't believe my eyes! I swear i only ordered 1 copy of GTA IV and 1 Copy of modnation, i check my Edge card and gift card with credit. They charged me only for 1 copy of each. I know it's just GTA IV, but damn, this is really surprising!

I picked up Hexyz Force, Lunar Silver Harmony and Bleach Dark Souls since they all in same price range. I probably Goozex Lunar twice(one from Goozex and one from this sale). I beat that game yesterday.

Here's a question. I got 3 games.
Wii Metroid Prime Trilogy $44.99
Wii Super Mario Galaxy $44.99
360 Spider-man Web of Shadows $0.00

Now i got spiderman for my younger brother, but it seems he already has a copy. Can I return the game, and get a different one in it's place? Preferably a newer better game. As long as the game is under $44.99? Or are they going to give me a hard time and tell me I'm stuck with the spiderman?

[quote name='poopdogjr']Here's a question. I got 3 games.
Wii Metroid Prime Trilogy $44.99
Wii Super Mario Galaxy $44.99
360 Spider-man Web of Shadows $0.00

Now i got spiderman for my younger brother, but it seems he already has a copy. Can I return the game, and get a different one in it's place? Preferably a newer better game. As long as the game is under $44.99? Or are they going to give me a hard time and tell me I'm stuck with the spiderman?[/QUOTE]
Your best bet would be a complete return/rebuy on that just so they don't make you get a replacement that is the same price as Spider-man.

[quote name='Stevothepro']had a GREAT 3 day haul, left a Bunch Of tetris DS, MVC 2, Zelda Collectors editions, Star wars FU Ultimate Sith And MPTs, Kinda wish I would have bought them but whatever between 4 stores i found all complete:
Digimon World Dusk
Digimon World Dawn
Izuna
Disgaea 2 PSP
Dragon Quest V
mega Man Advent ZX
Shadow hearts Covenant
My Spanish Coach DS
Suikoden V
Class of heroes PSP
F1-Ps3-3 copies
the dark Spire
2 NHL 07 PSps
fish tycoon
most of these games are really, really hard to find, and all in all I cant complain about the 3 day haul[/QUOTE]

Nice Haul!
I noticed that all of my local GS suddenly have 1 copy of a mint Xenosaga III. A year ago, this game was impossible to find at my local GS. I asked an employee about these mint Xenosaga IIIs and he mentioned these all came from the GS warehouse based on the white barcode sticker on the back of the game. He remembered that this happened with PS2 SMT:Nocturne in which suddenly GS stores got a copy of this sent from the warehouse.

I'm trying not to spend lots of $ so I just picked up: :ps2: Xenosaga III, :psp: Hexyz Force, and :psp: Half-Minute Hero.

I'm not happy with how today went at all. The difference in price in store and online is terrible and the lack of box art or broken cases or just not having what I want is no fun.

I ended up with

Folklore 19.99 PS3
BioShock FREE 360
Dead Space 17.99 360

Dead Space was a last second decision because everything else I wanted was way over what I wanted to spend, plus the case is completely shot, which I didn't notice because I was too busy whining in my head about not getting what I wanted. Might take it back and pay the difference to get God of War Collection or I might return it straight up for either BlazBlue or The Saboteur, and then again I might just go ask for a new case.

Not sure of its been brought up, but a few employees told me this b2g1 would stilll be going on tomorrow. Kinda hoping this stacks with sale prices!

Picked up...
DJ Hero 360 49.99
Dante's Inferno Devine Edition PS3 34.99
Assasans Creed 360 29.99/Free
Feel good about it. Wanted DJ Hero so....

After hunting multiple stores during my current business trip in Seattle area, finally got Transformers: War for Cybertron for my purchase. Also, picked up an Edge card for $5 more.

All 360:
Red Dead Redemption
Transformers: War for Cybertron
Bioshock 2 (Free)

[quote name='dapunisure']Not sure of its been brought up, but a few employees told me this b2g1 would stilll be going on tomorrow. Kinda hoping this stacks with sale prices![/QUOTE]

I was told that it ended today by multiple stores.

I probably way overpaid for Heavy Rain but I've heard really good things about it and had $75 in gift cards and $32 in store credit to spend, so I went with
:ps3: Heavy Rain - $54.99 ($49.49 after Edge)
:ps3: Bioshock 2 - $34.99 ($31.49 after Edge)
:ps3: Dante's Inferno - Free

Now, all I have to do is finish GoW 3 and I can start plowing through my catalog of unplayed recent purchases.

[quote name='DarkRider23']I was told that it ended today by multiple stores.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the one that is closest to where I work took down all the signage for the sale.

Odd, it says July 15-17 online, and the managers were told it ended Sat night. But I just tried the code online, and it works and I looked at the code description:
Coupon B2G1FREE - Buy 2 Used Games or Accessories, Get 1 of Equal or Lesser Value Free. May not be combined with other offers. Offer expires 7/18/10 at 11:59 PM.
Maybe it'll work all day today (sunday)?

Doesn't matter, it states till midnight of July *18* not July 17.

Do any of you recall them ending/starting sales during the middle of a weekend? For some reason, I thought they didn't because their web crew is off (on call, but out of the building) on the weekends. I totally could be wrong about that, I may be mistaking them for another company.

Planning on getting a 360 soon (my first) to play some games with ragtags, to that end I picked up Mass Effect 2, Modern Warfare 2, and since Super SFIV 360 was out of stock, picked up Paper Mario to round out my collection of Wii Mario games.

bread's done
Back