Buy 2, Get 1 Free Video Game Sale at Amazon

Dranakin

Member since Oct. 2003
Feedback
2 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]18997[/IMG-R]Matching Target's Sunday ad promotion, Amazon is running a buy 2, get 1 free sale on over 1000 titles. All platforms, including PC & Mac are represented. Be sure NOT to use 1-Click checkout or the discount will not apply.

iconamazon.gif
Buy 2, get 1 free at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
Many sad faces for me; About a week ago I ordered both Radiant Historia and Tales of the Abyss, and now they're both part of this promotion #-o

I was kind of hoping they'd have Asura's Wrath on the list, but oh well. If this deal lasts until next week, I'll know if I have the extra cash and will probably pick up the Silent Hill collection, Dirt 3 Complete Edition, and maybe Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations.

I was waiting for Amazon to match Target's deal, but in the end I'm going with Target, in spite of the fact that I have nearly enough credit at Amazon to cover the costs this deal. The three games I really want are Skyrim, The Witcher 2, and MLB The Show 12. Amazon doesn't have Skyrim of TW2, but Target does. I'm willing to pay full retail for Skyrim and The Show if it means that I get TW2 for free. Nothing I get get in the Amazon deal is nearly as appealing.

[quote name='GizmoGC']All the games I want got meh reviews (RE:Racoon, SH: Downpour, Ninja Gaiden 3). I'll wait for those to drop. $40 each (with the "deal") is still too much.[/QUOTE]

I agree. They'll definitely drop soon.

I ended up getting Tales of the Abyss, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, and Shinobido 2.

[quote name='BNoyes']I was waiting for Amazon to match Target's deal, but in the end I'm going with Target, in spite of the fact that I have nearly enough credit at Amazon to cover the costs this deal. The three games I really want are Skyrim, The Witcher 2, and MLB The Show 12. Amazon doesn't have Skyrim of TW2, but Target does. I'm willing to pay full retail for Skyrim and The Show if it means that I get TW2 for free. Nothing I get get in the Amazon deal is nearly as appealing.[/QUOTE]

I thought the witcher was an April release

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']I thought the witcher was an April release[/QUOTE]
He might mean the PC version which has been out for quite some time now.

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']I thought the witcher was an April release[/QUOTE]

It is, but Target allows you to pre-order it as part of their deal.

I wish MLB 12 The Show for PS Vita was included in this deal. I'd get that game, plus Rayman Origins and Hot Shots Golf: Word Invitational. It would come out to $26.66 per game

picked up Super Mario 3D Land , Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D , and Tales of the Abyss.

been needing to pick up some 3DS games since all I had for it was OoT 3D and RE: Mercenaries 3D

skyrim is 39.99 and witcher 2 is 44.99 at tru.

[quote name='BNoyes']I was waiting for Amazon to match Target's deal, but in the end I'm going with Target, in spite of the fact that I have nearly enough credit at Amazon to cover the costs this deal. The three games I really want are Skyrim, The Witcher 2, and MLB The Show 12. Amazon doesn't have Skyrim of TW2, but Target does. I'm willing to pay full retail for Skyrim and The Show if it means that I get TW2 for free. Nothing I get get in the Amazon deal is nearly as appealing.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']skyrim is 39.99 and witcher 2 is 44.99 at tru.[/QUOTE]

Pretty good deals. Though upon further reflection, I simply decided to pre-order The Witcher 2 from newegg with their current deal and just wait on Skyrim to go on sale for $29.99.

Had a feeling Amazon would be matching the deal. Glad I didn't wait though.

I would've saved a bit on two games I picked up (ME3 and SSX), the third game, the one I really wanted (Amalur), isn't even available on the Amazon deal.

I'm considering getting another three games and I was interested in Fossil Fighters: Champions. Has anyone played this or its predecessor? Does it matter at all if I skip the original for Champions?

Picked up Tales of the Abyss, Metal Gear Solid HD, and Rayman Origins. Rayman wasn't the best 3rd game ($30 instead of $40), but it was what I wanted.

Definitely a better deal than Target in this case - slightly cheaper price on Metal Gear, and Tales was in stock. Also saved me a few bucks on tax. Pretty happy with this sale!

If I hadn't been looking for these games, I'd be a bit bummed. Most of the newer games are really marked up.

[quote name='technole']Not a bad Vita selection at-all. Been waiting for something like this :)[/QUOTE]

No Unit 13 or the show.. adding them would have made it a good selection

[quote name='kevgret']No Unit 13 or the show.. adding them would have made it a good selection[/QUOTE]
Look at his avatar and sig... A shooter and a baseball game are probably low on his list. Just to stereotype him based off those two things, I would guess he is interested in, Ninja Gaiden , Dynasty Warrior, and Shinobido. Those are the three games I want too.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Let me guess, without me even looking at the link amazon inflated the msrp of the games ...... Again. Right ?[/QUOTE]

Right.

When I saw Deus EX HR was selling for $59.99 I stopped looking.

[quote name='KtMack23']Wish Devil Survivor 2 3DS was included, still a pretty good deal, but I will resist! I must Resist![/QUOTE]

Devil Survivor 2 is included. There is no 3DS version. You might be thinking of Devil Survivor Overclocked which isn't included in the sale.

[quote name='TheGreatWang']Devil Survivor 2 is included. There is no 3DS version. You might be thinking of Devil Survivor Overclocked which isn't included in the sale.[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly what I meant. IDK what I was thinking when I typed that.

[quote name='Thechaosdivision']Look at his avatar and sig... A shooter and a baseball game are probably low on his list. Just to stereotype him based off those two things, I would guess he is interested in, Ninja Gaiden , Dynasty Warrior, and Shinobido. Those are the three games I want too.[/QUOTE]

haha. Looks can be decieving, but I'm actually interested in Unit 13 as well as I love shooters. It was not a deal breaker since there are other games like NGSP, and Shinobido!

Also do want BlazBlue CSX Vita, but not now as the PS3 save progress does transfer over. I want to move on to something new rather than play the same grinding game again :p

In for

Tales of the Abyss (3DS)
Resident Evil Revelations (3DS)
Radiant Historia (DS)

Not sure if I'll get around to playing them anytime soon honestly but everyone says great things about all 3... and my 3DS has been collecting dust since I beat Super Mario 3D Land and Star Fox 3DS shortly after I got it on Black Friday (Zelda Bundle)

[quote name='technole']haha. Looks can be decieving, but I'm actually interested in Unit 13 as well as I love shooters. It was not a deal breaker since there are other games like NGSP, and Shinobido!

Also do want BlazBlue CSX Vita, but not now as the PS3 save progress does transfer over. I want to move on to something new rather than play the same grinding game again :p[/QUOTE]

Add me as a friend on PSN: TheChaosDivision if you want so we can get some of the Blazblue Vita online trophies. I think I am going to get Unit 13 from GS for $20( $29.99 - $10 off a vita game coupon) if it stacks. If it does work then it's better than amazon even with b2g1.

Anyone tried playing the sympathy card yet and asking Amazon to include a game not on the list? It baffles me that Silent Hill HD is there for the 360, but PS3 users are screwed. I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger without that one on the list.

[quote name='JoshTX']Anyone tried playing the sympathy card yet and asking Amazon to include a game not on the list? It baffles me that Silent Hill HD is there for the 360, but PS3 users are screwed. I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger without that one on the list.[/QUOTE]
Won't work.

[quote name='JoshTX']Anyone tried playing the sympathy card yet and asking Amazon to include a game not on the list? It baffles me that Silent Hill HD is there for the 360, but PS3 users are screwed. I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger without that one on the list.[/QUOTE]

u can try and complain to amazon reps about this issue

Last I checked, Silent Hill HD for the PS3 was unavailable for sale as it was 'under review' by Amazon.

Got Tales of the Abyss 3D for my brother and Resident Evil: Revelations and Lumines: ES for myself. It's basically making each game 27~ish bucks. One of my friends wants Twisted Metal and Operation Raccoon City as well so he's gonna be happy.

Gamestop is selling White Knight Chronicles II for 20 bucks next week so I'll get it then.

[quote name='mitnosi']Won't work.[/QUOTE]

Figured it wouldn't, but was hoping to hear a success story that would inspire me to try.

I missed a lightning deal once and they still honored the price, but that was a couple years ago. I don't think amazon needs the business as much now as they did then, if you consider how lackluster their video game deals have gotten.

[quote name='JoshTX']Figured it wouldn't, but was hoping to hear a success story that would inspire me to try.

I missed a lightning deal once and they still honored the price, but that was a couple years ago. I don't think amazon needs the business as much now as they did then, if you consider how lackluster their video game deals have gotten.[/QUOTE]

i tried but all they said was thanks for the feed back and they would look into it.

[quote name='Thechaosdivision']Look at his avatar and sig... A shooter and a baseball game are probably low on his list. Just to stereotype him based off those two things, I would guess he is interested in, Ninja Gaiden , Dynasty Warrior, and Shinobido. Those are the three games I want too.[/QUOTE]

Indeed looks can be deceiving. I frakking love ninja gaiden, but I hate anime. Go figure.

I was hoping to get Tales of the Abyss, Mario Kart 7 and Kid Icarus, but only Abyss is on the list. Most of the other good games I already have (like ordering Radiant Historia full price last week.)

Eh screw it. I said earlier i wasn't going to do this since mlb 12 for Vita wasn't included, but i did it anyway. I ended up going with:

Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita)
Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen (Vita)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (Vita)

I still had my $10 credit from the Amazon local deal, so after that was applied my grand total was $75.97 w/ Prime shipping.

Amazon has the PC version of ME for $5.99 and Gamestop has the PC version of AC II for $4.99. Crap! I ended up not buying these two games for the 360 last night and now I have to decide if the price difference is worth having a physical copy. Crap! Too many deals!

Edited to add:
Oh, this makes my decision easier concerning AC II as I don't have this - "A permanent high-speed Internet connection is required to play the game.".

Last edited by a moderator:
Silent Hill HD for PS3 was under review, but is now back in stock and being sold by Amazon. There's no reason it's not on this list.

That being said...I'm holding out hope that it'll show up, and I'll grab that along with FO:NV Ultimate and Lumines.

Don't let me down, Amazon!

Silent Hill HD is completely broken on the PS3 you should feel happy they don't have it on the list. They had it on there yesterday.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Silent Hill HD for PS3 was under review, but is now back in stock and being sold by Amazon. There's no reason it's not on this list.

That being said...I'm holding out hope that it'll show up, and I'll grab that along with FO:NV Ultimate and Lumines.

Don't let me down, Amazon![/QUOTE]

It's still got serious issues. Many of us who already got it aren't even playing (or returned it) until they issue another patch that actually fixes things. I'm not talking about the changes that affect the integrity of the original games, either (such as cleaner streets or lack of fog), I mean the framerate and other glitches such as audio or missing things (one cutscene doesn't start properly so you miss a key symbolic moment, another area sometimes doesn't load one of the environment models).

bread's done
Back