Buy 2, Get 1 Free Video Game Sale at Amazon

Dranakin

Member since Oct. 2003
Feedback
2 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]18997[/IMG-R]Matching Target's Sunday ad promotion, Amazon is running a buy 2, get 1 free sale on over 1000 titles. All platforms, including PC & Mac are represented. Be sure NOT to use 1-Click checkout or the discount will not apply.

iconamazon.gif
Buy 2, get 1 free at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
I got Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii) and Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (PSP) all for 21 dollars. I had 10 dollars credit from The Darkness 2 and I got one of the 10 dollar gift cards for 5 dollars a few weeks back. So, with the credit I essentially got two games free.

The selection of games in this deal is VERY disappointing. Sucks too, I could really go for some new games. I wish skyrim or LA Noire complete was on the list.

Target is ROCK!

TRU have Zelda: Skyward Sword (wii) $30, Kmart have Mario Kart 7 (3DS) $30 and Bestbuy have Kid Icarus (3DS) $30. I took the ads to Target and Price matching get 3 games for $64.XX after taxes.

Just decided to bite on this deal. Picked up Mass Effect 3, Saints Row 3, and Operation Raccoon City. Pretty psyched to dive into all 3 games, even though I know ORC isn't getting great reviews...I'm a sucker for Resident Evil.

Not entirely deal related but I have to ask my compadres and see what you all think:

I keep telling myself that with my joystick rig, playing MvC and Blazblue on Vita is probably a waste of money since I could be practicing on a big TV with a legit arcade stick. Would you pick up the portables anyways or is that a waste of money?

Info: I dont make a lot of money and am a total CAG. I also have blazblue 1 and mvC 1 for ps3 but dont have ultimate or extend for ps3 so if I buy them for vita i am def not getting them for ps3.

Had some flipping credit at amazon and got the 2 Silent Hills & MGS Collection. I know it wasn't maximizing the deal but those are the 3 that I wanted. :D

Passing on this "deal." Was interested in 360 Lego SW3, CSI: FC but no interest in a 3rd game on that list. And not really at these prices, either. Was hoping to find Bulletstorm for PC, but that seems to be less than $5, so i'd be more interested in that, but nothing on this B2G1 "sale."

Is the Silent Hill HD Collection part of this sale? seems like every time i add it to cart along with the 2 other games from the list the discount is removed is anyone else having that problem?

[quote name='wookiewok4']Where did SSX go? This morning it was included in the B2G1, and now it's not?!?[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too. It's pretty shameful they removed it, as SSX at $45 was literally the one and only good price out of the entire selection on Amazon.

[quote name='mr mellow']Is the Silent Hill HD Collection part of this sale? seems like every time i add it to cart along with the 2 other games from the list the discount is removed is anyone else having that problem?[/QUOTE]

Only the 360 version is part of the deal.

[quote name='Thechaosdivision']Chances are that it would be jacked up to $59.99 even if it was apart of the deal.[/QUOTE]

Impossible since it's a greatest hits title. They'd just put it as $29.99

[quote name='ilifecomputer']Not entirely deal related but I have to ask my compadres and see what you all think:

I keep telling myself that with my joystick rig, playing MvC and Blazblue on Vita is probably a waste of money since I could be practicing on a big TV with a legit arcade stick. Would you pick up the portables anyways or is that a waste of money?

Info: I dont make a lot of money and am a total CAG. I also have blazblue 1 and mvC 1 for ps3 but dont have ultimate or extend for ps3 so if I buy them for vita i am def not getting them for ps3.[/QUOTE]

I have UMvC3 and a $200 stick, but I'm still contemplating getting it for the Vita. I did get BlazBlue for Vita, though.

If I were you, I'd just keep what you have for the PS3. Why waste the money?

[quote name='Dranakin']I have UMvC3 and a $200 stick, but I'm still contemplating getting it for the Vita. I did get BlazBlue for Vita, though.

If I were you, I'd just keep what you have for the PS3. Why waste the money?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reply. Im a big blazblue fan and imagine the game would look amazing on the oled screen and I could maybe learn some combos on the road occasionally. but I probably should get it on my ps3 first.

Too bad I bought both Mass Effect 3, and Resident Evil: ORC already... Do the collector editions count? I wouldn't want to risk returning them, and then re-adding them to my cart just to get the one game free... Guess this is one benefit of a B&M store.

[quote name='mr mellow']Is the Silent Hill HD Collection part of this sale? seems like every time i add it to cart along with the 2 other games from the list the discount is removed is anyone else having that problem?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Darkprime']It's not part of the deal :([/QUOTE]

I actually got it with Jak & Daxter and RE Revelations, one rang as free just as advertised.

[quote name='pRINCESS-iSABELA']I actually got it with Jak & Daxter and RE Revelations, one rang as free just as advertised.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version?

Dissidia 012
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
Chrono Trigger
The World Ends with You
Punch-Out
Rune Factory 3

Pokemon White
Super Mario 3D Land
Radiant Historia

Plenty of deals to be had.

[quote name='DanteWarrior'][quote name='MasterKYO']Target is ROCK![/quote]And Amazon is Boulder[/QUOTE]

and HEAVY VANT SANDVICH!

I have never had to return an item from Amazon that was part of a buy games get one free.Does anyone know how that works with Amazon if a game had to be returned?
Let me state I am not asking because I want to return a game for no reason but to get money back, I am asking because I wanted to know their policy on a sale if a game had to be returned for a valid reason.
Thanks everyone

Good if you're a 3DS owner.

Tales of the Abyss, RE Revelations, Snake Eater 3D. Dunzo.

Wish they had Tales of Graces F though.

[quote name='AvidWriter']It's pretty sad to see they raised the prices to MAX before starting this deal.[/QUOTE]

They're price matching Target. Target has these games for these prices.

You guys gotta get over it.

[quote name='Stele']Dissidia 012
Chrono Trigger
The World Ends with You
Punch-Out
Rune Factory 3

Pokemon White
Super Mario 3D Land
Radiant Historia

Plenty of deals to be had.[/QUOTE]

I was looking at some of these too, anyway before the deal...Same with SMT DS2. Thanks Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to think about picking up a few of these games, but I could only find Dark Souls and Dirt 3 complete. I thought everything else was either overpriced or I didn't want it.

I was trolling Amazon again a little bit ago because I couldn't sleep and I checked my wishlist and a seller had the Skyward Sword bundle new for $30.99 and $5.07 shipping. I'm glad I didn't waste like $80 bucks yesterday morning.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Target is ROCK!
[/QUOTE]

Everybody seems to be saying that. Does my local Target just suck, then? I went in last weekend and they only had a small number of games as part of the B2G1F. Tales/Abyss wasn't one of them. Also they had exactly 2 Vita titles. Neither of which was included in B2G1F.

[quote name='morrodox']Everybody seems to be saying that. Does my local Target just suck, then? I went in last weekend and they only had a small number of games as part of the B2G1F. Tales/Abyss wasn't one of them. Also they had exactly 2 Vita titles. Neither of which was included in B2G1F.[/QUOTE]

My local Target is bad too. There are only old sports or family games at not-that-great prices.

[quote name='morrodox']Everybody seems to be saying that. Does my local Target just suck, then? I went in last weekend and they only had a small number of games as part of the B2G1F. Tales/Abyss wasn't one of them. Also they had exactly 2 Vita titles. Neither of which was included in B2G1F.[/QUOTE]

How did your local Target manage to exclude games from the B2G1F?

Both the Targets in my area have a great selection and I was able to pick up the games I wanted from them: The Show 12 for the Vita, RE Revelations and Snake Eater for the 3DS.

[quote name='Stele']Dissidia 012
Chrono Trigger
The World Ends with You
Punch-Out
Rune Factory 3

Pokemon White
Super Mario 3D Land
Radiant Historia

Plenty of deals to be had.[/QUOTE]

Where's Deus Ex for $60? You're doing it wrong. You are supposed to find games that you already bought for less than $20, post it, then whine about Amazon. Sheesh!

[quote name='DRV']They're price matching Target. Target has these games for these prices.

You guys gotta get over it.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking this as well. Not to mention its pretty easy to trip over amazon credit/gift cards.

[quote name='guessed']How did your local Target manage to exclude games from the B2G1F?[/QUOTE]

I am sure I do not know. The guy said it was only good on games that had the special red sticker/tag thing next to the display copy. Not very many of them had it. Perhaps my store's management chose not to participate in the promotion? Can they do that?

[quote name='morrodox']I am sure I do not know. The guy said it was only good on games that had the special red sticker/tag thing next to the display copy. Not very many of them had it. Perhaps my store's management chose not to participate in the promotion? Can they do that?[/QUOTE]

He was ill informed. Did you actually try to ring up any 3 games? Cause i'm 99.9999% sure it would have worked.

[quote name='mikepeluso']I have never had to return an item from Amazon that was part of a buy games get one free.Does anyone know how that works with Amazon if a game had to be returned?
Let me state I am not asking because I want to return a game for no reason but to get money back, I am asking because I wanted to know their policy on a sale if a game had to be returned for a valid reason.
Thanks everyone[/QUOTE]

They pro-rate the discount between the three games. So, you will only get the pro-rated amount back for whatever you return. It's basically the same as Target in that respect although if you return something due to your fault, they make you pay return shipping and won't refund any shipping you may have paid initially.

For those looking for a third $60 game *and* looking to buy a 12 month XBL card or 1600 point cards, Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge comes with a $30 credit for the 12 month XBL card or 1600 point card. It also trades in for $16. Assuming one buys 3 $60 games, you'll pay $40 for the game and get $30 in XBL credit and can trade it in for $16. Not a big money maker but more of a filler.

At first, I thought this sale blew too, but I ended up picking up the following for 25.00 each after the B2G1 discount.

Dark Souls (360), Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, and Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition.

Overall, hard to find three for a lot of people though, in particular if your game library already has some of the titles.

[quote name='confoosious']He was ill informed. Did you actually try to ring up any 3 games? Cause i'm 99.9999% sure it would have worked.[/QUOTE]

I would have but they didn't have any of the titles in stock that I was after -- no Tales of the Abyss, no Silent Hill HD Collec, and nothing I wanted for Vita. So I didn't bother.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']Abstaining from that shit altogether sounds like a nice idea if you are frugal. Yet another version of Blazuie is hardly exciting, and fuck Capcom.[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way. $100 is a lot for three games. I'd wait until they hit much lower prices like $10-$15 range. Hey, I'm cheap. ;)

bread's done
Back