Buy 2 get one free Microsoft Store promo (Save 60$! + 10$ Xbox Gift Card if you choose Titanfall)

kyuby

CAGiversary!
Feedback
150 (100%)
Xbox is offerring a buy 2 get one free promo at Microsoftstore.com , following infor received from email:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/list/categoryID.67906600?icid=Xbox_2for1Promo

Choose 2 of these Xbox 360 games:

South Park: The Stick of Truth

BioShock Infinite

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14

NCAA Football 14 

Battlefield 4

Batman: Arkham Origins

Dark Souls II

Saints Row IV

Just Dance 2014

Lego Marvel Super Heroes (Out-of-Stock)

Angry Birds Star Wars

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 GOTY

Call of Duty Ghosts

Grand Theft Auto V

NBA 2K14

Titanfall

Get for free 1 of the following:

Any of The games above +

Need for speed Rivals

NCAA football 2014

Crysis 3

Dead Space 3

Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

Tomb Raider 2014

Phineas & Ferb: Quest for Cool Stuff

Splinter Cell: Blacklist(out-of-stock)

Choose 2 of these Xbox One Games:

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Madden NFL 25

FIFA 14

Calll of Duty Ghost

Titanfall

Just Dance 2014

Lego Marvel Super Heroes

NBA 2K14

Wolfenstein: The New Order (Out of Stock)

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Get for free 1 of the following games:

Any of the games above +

Need for Speed Rivals

Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare

LEGO The Hobbit 

The LEGO movie videogame

Rayman Legends

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Valid 5/23/2014 to 5/27/2014, or while supplies last. Valid for select Xbox games. Limit 3 per customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
so it seems like you don't have to go off that list strictly to get the 3rd game free (i.e. people mentioning Wolfenstein).

Why is it then that I can't get this to work on mobile? What am I doing wrong here? No free game comes up for me. I'm even using all X1 games or all 360 games as Twisted mentioned earlier and I'm still not getting the promo to come up on my phone.
Are you going through the link on the first page? If so maybe try a different browser, not sure what phone you're using but I just tried on my Note 3 after reading your post and it works fine letting me add them all and check out.

You can select two 29.99$ games first and then titanfall as the free game and you get the 59.99$ game free. That's pretty insane.

[quote name="ajh2298" post="11784088" timestamp="1400880392"]Question for people who dealt with Microsoft deals before. Any chance Wolfenstein comes back in stock?[/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised if it did but I wouldn't count on it

but you still are using cash buying the games from MS right? trying to figure out the benefit in doing this haha
Correct. What you get is $135 in credit for roughly $65 cash.

EDIT: (Madden, ACIV, Titanfall all for X1)

EDIT: Also you get $10 from MS for buying Titanfall and if you use the Ibotta link, you get $10 Paypal (cash) back. So, PROFITTTTTTTTTTT.

[quote name="ajh2298" post="11784083" timestamp="1400880300"]

Remind me not to go and fold laundry in the basement without refreshing CAG.com first.[/quote]

I was pooping :(

Correct. What you get is $135 in credit for roughly $65 cash.

EDIT: (Madden, ACIV, Titanfall all for X1)
But it doesn't make sense. You said buy the games from Target and then trade them in to Target, and THEN when you get your Microsoft Store games just return those. So you're buying the games for full price from Target, trading them in after you buy them and then how does the Microsoft Store promotion even work since you said just buy the games and return them?

(Edit) Never mind I See what you mean. But it sounds awfully suspicious especially if a Manager ever sees you do both transactions.

But it doesn't make sense. You said buy the games from Target and then trade them in to Target, and THEN when you get your Microsoft Store games just return those. So you're buying the games for full price from Target, trading them in after you buy them and then how does the Microsoft Store promotion even work since you said just buy the games and return them?
I think the main point is that...you buy the games at Target and trade them in. Keep the receipt and once you receive the games from Microsoft return those games directly to Target. So it's like you traded in 3 games for "free"

Buy the three games from Microsoft Store for $65.

Buy the same exact three games from Target for $180.

Trade in the three games that you bought from Target TO Target for $135.

Return the three games from Microsoft Store to Target. Get the $180 back.

Get it now? You pay $65 cash for roughly $135 in credit.

EDIT to your EDIT: Buy for in-store pick up, walk into car, open, walk to electronics.

OR

Go to a different Target to do the trade-ins.

That simple.

Can't finalize my order, keeps saying they are experiencing technical difficulties... Did they kill it?
I've had a bear of a time checking out the past 15 minutes.. gonna take a pass at this point - don't much like headbanging against a technical nail.

It's not as if Dead Rising 3 was in the X1 list... yeah, that's what I'll keep telling myself.

Back to Wolfenstein.

I've had a bear of a time checking out the past 15 minutes.. gonna take a pass at this point - don't much like headbanging against a technical nail.

It's not as if Dead Rising 3 was in the X1 list... yeah, that's what I'll keep telling myself.

Back to Wolfenstein.
Just tried in Chrome and Firefox and still getting technical issues.

Oh well at least I got a solid order of Titanfall, Black Flag and Ground Zero... plus that $10 Xbox Credit does make this quite an amazing deal regardless

Can't believed I placed an order for 3 XB1 games..... I just couldn't pass up this deal. Especially since Titanfall seems to be coming with $10 XB credit. 

Are you going through the link on the first page? If so maybe try a different browser, not sure what phone you're using but I just tried on my Note 3 after reading your post and it works fine letting me add them all and check out.
yeah that was my problem. I didn't use the link and thought I could add them separately through my own browser. I didn't see any mention about going through the specific B2G1 link so I tried adding them on my own individually until the OP responded. Since this promo isn't working out exactly as it's supposed to, this deal should get fixed at some point sooner than later.

(Edit) Never mind I See what you mean. But it sounds awfully suspicious especially if a Manager ever sees you do both transactions.
What are the odds that a manager sees you doing both? You trade games in to the Mobile employee and return games at CS. The chances of them seeing both are none to negative none.

Argh I just got 6 copies of GTAV to trade into Target earlier in the week. This would have made that a lot more slick. Going to call to try to get this retroactively applied.
Please don't do something this dumb. The promo isn't set up to allow duplicates. you're really serious aren't you?

This is gonna sound kinda stupid but if you only have target credit left like me, just buy the three games you want to trade into Target from Target, trade them in, and then when your games from the MS store arrive, return those.
That...makes a lot more sense, actually. The Mobile rep at the Target I'm visiting tonight already left, so I'll get those games today, trade them in tomorrow, then return the MS.com copies later. Thanks!

On a related note, I already got a shipment notification email. :shock:

That...makes a lot more sense, actually. The Mobile rep at the Target I'm visiting tonight already left, so I'll get those games today, trade them in tomorrow, then return the MS.com copies later. Thanks!

On a related note, I already got a shipment notification email. :shock:
My shipping is always surprisingly fast with MS. I have never had anything with free shipping take more than a few days from the point I click submit order to the moment it is at my front door. I wouldnt be surprised to get this stuff on Tuesday.

there are some small Target flips for 360 games as well but it requires a higher investment.  Best bet is to stay with XB1 games already on sale.

My shipping is always surprisingly fast with MS. I have never had anything with free shipping take more than a few days from the point I click submit order to the moment it is at my front door. I wouldnt be surprised to get this stuff on Tuesday.
I hope I get it on Tuesday. Madden Ultimate Team is a drug to me. I can't go too long without playing it.

Just tried in Chrome and Firefox and still getting technical issues.

Oh well at least I got a solid order of Titanfall, Black Flag and Ground Zero... plus that $10 Xbox Credit does make this quite an amazing deal regardless
Well, every browser I used dropped the ball, but gave it one more whirl on the iPad and went through without a hitch. Go figure.

Black Flag, Marvel Lego and a Titanfall rebuy.. not bad at all.

If I'm not mistaken, 3.5% cash-back using eBates.

Also, for those doing my method. Be sure to get all of them price matched to Amazon if you want to sacrifice less temp credit.

ACIV - $42.94

Madden 25 - $40.41

Rivals - $47.95

Titanfall - $49.99

Buy the three games from Microsoft Store for $65.

Buy the same exact three games from Target for $180.

Trade in the three games that you bought from Target TO Target for $135.

Return the three games from Microsoft Store to Target. Get the $180 back.

Get it now? You pay $65 cash for roughly $135 in credit.

EDIT to your EDIT: Buy for in-store pick up, walk into car, open, walk to electronics.

OR

Go to a different Target to do the trade-ins.

That simple.
You originally said "if you only have target credit like me", then this would be pointless because assuming you buy the games with target credit, then you would just get that same credit back with the return.

Also, Target only sells the AC4 with "exclusive target content", so the SKU's may be different.

EDIT: Didn't know the triple TIV ended tomorrow, so that makes sense.

Well, every browser I used dropped the ball, but gave it one more whirl on the iPad and went through without a hitch. Go figure.

Black Flag, Marvel Lego and a Titanfall rebuy.. not bad at all.

If I'm not mistaken, 3.5% cash-back using eBates.
Son of a--! I knew I forgot something (eBates)! :wall:

Also, I don't think you'll be refused for returning a non-Target-exclusive version of AC IV, as most CS employees won't really care.

You originally said "if you only have target credit like me", then this would be pointless because assuming you buy the games with target credit, then you would just get that same credit back with the return.

Also, Target only sells the AC4 with "exclusive target content", so the SKU's may be different.
Yes, as in you only have Target credit and money to buy 3 games from the MS store. Re-read what I wrote again and you'll understand that you're basically paying $65 in cash for $135ish in credit. Good catch on ACIV though, although I'm not sure that they ONLY sell that version. However, ACIV can easily be replaced with Rivals.

Question..the Titanfall game, is this the game with the disc or is it a digital code? Im seeing posts about receiving a code via email so wasn't sure..also..since Wolfenstein XBOX ONE is not available online, can this also be done in store?

Please don't do something this dumb. The promo isn't set up to allow duplicates. you're really serious aren't you?
Just noticed that you can't do duplicates online, though I don't think that's true in store, as the girl I called said you could do duplicates in store. Also why is it dumb? I don't understand you're being so dismissive about this, I'm not cheating the system. I made this purchase literally 2 days ago. You are willing to buy two $30 games and get a $60 game for free, which doesn't seem like it's the way it should work, and then you judge me? Come on, are you serious?

Alas, the MS system isn't setup to retroactively credit anything. I'd have to return and rebuy, which is impossible now.

Just noticed that you can't do duplicates online, though I don't think that's true in store, as the girl I called said you could do duplicates in store. Also why is it dumb? I don't understand you're being so dismissive about this, I'm not cheating the system. I made this purchase literally 2 days ago. You are willing to buy two $30 games and get a $60 game for free, which doesn't seem like it's the way it should work, and then you judge me? Come on, are you serious?

Alas, the MS system isn't setup to retroactively credit anything. I'd have to return and rebuy, which is impossible now.
Not impossible. Go to any retailer you choose. Buy 6 copies of GTA 5. Go to Microsoft Store, return and rebuy for your credit, and then return them all back to other retailer. Easy! :)

Son of a--! I knew I forgot something (eBates)! :wall:
eBates is only good if you didn't do the $10 for $100 promo with Ibotta, though.. which I may have done instead if I'd bother to read the thread more thoroughly. (And for which I'm also glad, because I spent last year getting rid of my backlog - not looking to create another one.)

Anyone able to place an order for me? I never seem to be able to buy anything off their store. I will Paypal you the money plus a couple bucks for the help. Just PM me.

Just got Fifa 14, Call of Duty: Ghosts, and Titanfall..

No Xbox One yet. Gonna stake one out on Amazon Warehouse come June 9th.

too bad wolfenstein is gone. I didnt want to spend 60 bucks on it but add in 2 games I could just trade it made it 100% worth it considering I just bought my xbone but alas snooze you looe 

I need Wolfenstein to come back in stock for Xbox one. I wish I could mix and match 360 and Xbox one games.

bread's done
Back