Buy 2 select Pre-owned games, get $10 GC at Best Buy [Updated]

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Update: Looks like they finally fixed the glitch. The sale is now working as intended, only on titles $19.99 and up.

I didn't see this posted, but Best Buy has an offer that nets you a $10 gift card if you buy 2 qualifying pre-owned titles. The offer is supposed to be for games 19.99 and up, but it's currently working for ALL pre-owned games, even those that are $4.99 each. This mistake might not last too long so get in asap

Offer Page (the offer page is currently not showing the $10 GC anymore, but just search for one and add it to your cart and it should still be free after adding the two games)

Pre-owned Games $ to $$$$

Remember to go through this link for free shipping:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/En...ng/pcmcat221900050000.c?id=pcmcat221900050000

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received a shipping confirmation for my order yesterday. I had one $19.99 game and one $12.99 game so they honored it. I wonder if those with $4.99 games have been shipped?

none of my games have shipped, one is actually back ordered, but all 4 gift cards shipped. I could lose about $16 for 4 brand new card. haha

I picked up a few games that I have been wanting. Rango and Darksiders for $17.38 plus the $10 GC. Blow through Rango quick and TIV is $5 at BBV so basically making darksiders free. Grabbed a couple of DS games for my daughter as well for like $13 total and getting the GC. Also nice that I used gift cards to pay for it! THANKS OP

I guess you can manually add a $10 gift card online and it'll work.

Is this what people are doing in-store? Just grab 2 games, a $10 gift card, and it rings out? Or are people getting 2 games and letting the cashier give you the gift card?

Picked up a couple old sports games (madden, nba live) to play around with for $8.98 after my unlocked discount. Got confirmation that the $10 gift card shipped, but haven't heard about the games yet.

If you go in-store and buy 2 games less than $19.99 each will the GC still prompt? As long as it prompts at register, I don't see why the cashier would even care or notice, except to scan a GC.

[quote name='C00KIEM0NSTER']If you go in-store and buy 2 games less than $19.99 each will the GC still prompt? As long as it prompts at register, I don't see why the cashier would even care or notice, except to scan a GC.[/QUOTE]

People are failing to read the OP/first page of the thread. The deal clearly states that the games have to be $19.99 or more (pre-owned). The "deal" is that online this does not apply, which is probably an error. In store it would be very much YMMV, but online you simply buy any two pre-owned games at any price, and then manually add your $10 GC from the deal page (don't forget to do this!).

[quote name='Jurassic425']People are failing to read the OP/first page of the thread. The deal clearly states that the games have to be $19.99 or more (pre-owned). The "deal" is that online this does not apply, which is probably an error. In store it would be very much YMMV, but online you simply buy any two pre-owned games at any price, and then manually add your $10 GC from the deal page (don't forget to do this!).[/QUOTE]

You're not helping at all. We know the less than 19.99 games working is an error.

The question is whether buying ANY 2 games prompts the cashier in store to give you a gift card. Since best buys all are on the same POS, someone should be able to answer this question. I do believe someone reported doing it in store with 2 low priced games.

The question is whether you bring the gc up yourself or just let the cashier do it.

[quote name='confoosious']You're not helping at all. We know the less than 19.99 games working is an error.

The question is whether buying ANY 2 games prompts the cashier in store to give you a gift card. Since best buys all are on the same POS, someone should be able to answer this question. I do believe someone reported doing it in store with 2 low priced games.

The question is whether you bring the gc up yourself or just let the cashier do it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, that is the question that I asked. I probably won't get in-store until tomorrow when picking up Uncharted 3, which is why I asked if anyone else did it and it worked.

[quote name='C00KIEM0NSTER']Exactly, that is the question that I asked. I probably won't get in-store until tomorrow when picking up Uncharted 3, which is why I asked if anyone else did it and it worked.[/QUOTE]

You guys are geniuses. Yeah go to the store and try it, that makes much more sense than doing it online where it is guaranteed to work. :applause: Even if the games you want are OOS online why take the risk of going into the store and being forced to argue with a manager over a YMMV deal? This is why deals die and get fixed, because of CAGS like you. This is also why half the members of this site have confoosious on their ignore list. :lol:

Just tried this deal again and the $10 GC isn't ringing up as $0 subtotal with ANY two games. Both games in cart must be $19.99 or more now. I think the glitch is dead.

[quote name='Jurassic425']You guys are geniuses. Yeah go to the store and try it, that makes much more sense than doing it online where it is guaranteed to work. :applause: Even if the games you want are OOS online why take the risk of going into the store and being forced to argue with a manager over a YMMV deal? This is why deals die and get fixed, because of CAGS like you. This is also why half the members of this site have confoosious or their ignore list. :lol:[/QUOTE]

There may be games available instore that aren't online. Ever thought of that, genius? :roll: If you can't answer the question, then just be quiet. Other people in this thread have tried it in store and we're just asking THEM how they did the transaction.

By the way, I never argue with managers. But like Cookiemonster said, if you're in store getting a game (UC3) and you see 2 $5-$8 games you want used, why wouldn't you pick it up if it works? Derrrrrrr.

I suspect that since you are a CAG in Training and already such a douche, you are actually previously banned member coming back under a disguise.

Haha I can see that Confoosious responded with an undoubtedly angry comment. Too bad he;ll get no satisfaction of a response since; This message is hidden because confoosious is on your ignore list. :lol:

I'm out, I hope the rest of you that are smart enough to realize how this deal works are able to get it to work.

[quote name='Jurassic425']Haha I can see that Confoosious responded with an undoubtedly angry comment. Too bad he;ll get no satisfaction of a response since; This message is hidden because confoosious is on your ignore list. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Wait, didn't you just indirectly respond to it?

[quote name='iPhone']Wait, didn't you just indirectly respond to it?[/QUOTE]

Yes, and pulled the "nahh nahhh my fingers are in my ears so i can't hear you!" jr high school routine that really makes him look like a real man. :applause:

Anyway, hope someone can answer the in-store question if possible. There's not many games I want in that range but would be good to pick up if only for a few bucks after GC.

I think i got this to work....
we will see if the order goes thru.
I got shaun white for ps3 and Kengo for 360 and the $10 gift card for $13.
used a $5 reward zone cert got it got $8
so Best Buy is paying me approx $2 in best buy money for these 2 games, i hope. :)
thanks op

most of the gift cards show a ship so far (even though i think they can still pull them wont be happy until they are in hand)

i just now hope the games ship out as well.... Total christmas extra item shopping done before halloween would be AWESOME

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slidecage']most of the gift cards show a ship so far (even though i think they can still pull them wont be happy until they are in hand)
[/QUOTE]

Exactly! I'm tempted to do another order on a couple 9.99 games that I want, but kinda wanna see what happens with all of our first batches of orders before I do. My first order was using a gift card, so even if they cancel the orders people have made thus far I'll be getting the gift card back.

LOL at people trying to do this in store. To think that you could walk in the store and buy a couple cheap games, get a free gift card via a glitch, and NOT draw any suspicion is laughable.

It's worked before at other stores
TRU had Soul Bubbles DS on sale for $9.99 with a $10 giftcard included around 2 or 3 years ago.

Target also had a deal last summer where you got a $20 GC with the purchase of 2 select games. I bought 2 copies of MLB 09 The Show for PS3 for $19.96 total and got a $20 GC with the purchase.

I'm not saying it would work here (if the GC even prompts if you buy 2 cheap games) but it seems stores seem to not catch onto these type of glitches all the time.

[quote name='Jurassic425']LOL at people trying to do this in store. To think that you could walk in the store and buy a couple cheap games, get a free gift card via a glitch, and NOT draw any suspicion is laughable.[/QUOTE]

You really need to grow up! As Yoshi said, it would not be the first time. I remember walking out of BB with a free game (multiple times) after a copied McD $5 off coupon. (of course this was probably 5 years ago.)

I ordered online for in-store pick-up. Got notice that the games are ready. Waiting for a shipping confirmation on the GC.

Best Buy's pre-owned prices are so bad compared to what I can get on Amazon...but the $10 gift card! (which can be used to buy Amazon gift cards FYI).

Please everyone. Stop trying to do this in store. They will read the website and states $19.99 or higher when purchase 2 games.

This will throw a red flag and they may cancel out the $10 gift card and maybe the items will still ship.

There was many games that is not able to ship and unable to pick up from store.

The games i got only was the x2 dark spire, summon nights, and alone in the dark.

I know alone in the dark got bad reviews, but is it that bad? I got that game cause i needed a filler.

The question wasn't : How do I draw attention to myself and screw it all up for everyone in store. Unlike what Jurassic is portraying, I never draw attention to myself. I don't like arguing with managers.

The question was: Is this possible to do in store?

everything's already gone online so I can see why people are thinking about stores now

is it worth it to take a gamble on a couple crap 7.99 games in hopes I'll get the giftcard? are people already getting these giftcards or what?

really dont wanna be stuck with a couple crappy games and not get the gc

[quote name='confoosious']The question wasn't : How do I draw attention to myself and screw it all up for everyone in store. Unlike what Jurassic is portraying, I never draw attention to myself. I don't like arguing with managers.

The question was: Is this possible to do in store?[/QUOTE]

probably not since a manager has to override the computer for the gift card.

Shoot, a few days ago a supervisor didnt let me use a BB gift card to buy a visa gift card. He calim its like switching it out for like cash. I explained that i had $200 on it and only wanted to put $100. I just walked away and went to the camera area. They ring up the BB gift card and i swipe my gift card. (Dont show them the card)

Bottom line, its safer to do this deal online then in store.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']everything's already gone online so I can see why people are thinking about stores now

is it worth it to take a gamble on a couple crap 7.99 games in hopes I'll get the giftcard? are people already getting these giftcards or what?

really dont wanna be stuck with a couple crappy games and not get the gc[/QUOTE]

Why not try? If they do send u the games and not the gift card, u can return the games since they couldnt "honor" the promo.

[quote name='The Punisher']Why not try? If they do send u the games and not the gift card, u can return the games since they couldnt "honor" the promo.[/QUOTE]

true, plus after looking thru I've found a few that are actually reasonably priced (sacred 2 for 360 is 7.99) so might as well give it a shot

Still works for me - just have to add the $10 gift card manually as the link from the promo page is gone.

There are a LOT more cheap games than there were yesterday when I put in my orders. Nearly all of them are not available online but supposedly I found a Vanquish for store picxkup (that was not listed so cheap yesterday or I would have seen it). That is a hell of a deal if they can find it in that store (I expect them not to for some reason though...).

[quote name='Hinoshiko']I don't think it works with games below 19.99 anymore.[/QUOTE]

I didn't place the order but I did put everything in the car to see and it was still working but you now had to go and find the $10 gift card and add it.

Two of my cards have shipped, so we'll see how this all plays out. BB may have just decided this is all worth it to get people buying some of their used games; i.e. maybe we'll see how easy it was/the quality of the games and say "I would do this again." Plus everyone who paid cash is still a win, BB gets the sale and then you come in for a 2nd and the little known fact about why stores love gift cards is because the majority of customers spend more than what the GC is worth.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I'm not saying it would work here (if the GC even prompts if you buy 2 cheap games) but it seems stores seem to not catch onto these type of glitches all the time.[/QUOTE]And even if you get games you don't really want look for the GS & BB promos that give you $5 per game set(usually 4-5) on top of the reg TIV. As long as they're worth at least $2 TIV they count I use this store score insane credit at GS for cheap used titles.

[quote name='io']Still works for me - just have to add the $10 gift card manually as the link from the promo page is gone.

There are a LOT more cheap games than there were yesterday when I put in my orders. Nearly all of them are not available online but supposedly I found a Vanquish for store picxkup (that was not listed so cheap yesterday or I would have seen it). That is a hell of a deal if they can find it in that store (I expect them not to for some reason though...).[/QUOTE]

I ordered a game in-store pickup and they couldn't find it and cancelled that part of the order.

I'm not sure what happens next. DO they ship the GC and the other game?

Everything was gone online, but 1 item was "available now" for in-store pickup, the other 3 items I did I did "ship to store" and it went through, not having holding too high hopes though, but you never know!

Thanks OP!

^^ Man, nearly everything shows "Ship to Store" but when I select that option then it says it is not available. The only thing I've ever picked up successfully from a "Ship To Store" order was GoW Origins Collection when they had it $24.99 online but not available in store. That actually came like 10 days later and I was able to pick it up.

[quote name='confoosious']I ordered a game in-store pickup and they couldn't find it and cancelled that part of the order.

I'm not sure what happens next. DO they ship the GC and the other game?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, most likely that is what will happen - so that's even better ;).

I have one in store pickup (from yesterday) confirmed and ready to go (and got a shipping confirmation this morning for the GC).

I just made 2 more in store pickup orders but I expect at least a few of those games not to be found. I tried to get Vanquish at one store and it added to my cart then told me upon final checkout that it wasn't available at that store so I switched it to another one. Then I was putting in a second order and noticed Vanquish still showed available at that first store and this time it took it. So I have it ordered at 2 stores but I'm expecting one if not both to not be found - we'll see...

I put an order in for RUSE (360) and Sacred 2 (360), both were $7.99, much cheaper than GameStop prices, also both are games I've wanted to check out anyways. So around $16 total + $10 giftcard hopefully, pretty great deal. Thanks OP

[quote name='The Punisher']Please everyone. Stop trying to do this in store. They will read the website and states $19.99 or higher when purchase 2 games.

This will throw a red flag and they may cancel out the $10 gift card and maybe the items will still ship.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. That's all I was trying to say.

For the record I just got an e-mail that my $10 gift card has shipped. I used a gift card on the order, and I will essentially get it back along with 2 PS2 games for $0.58. In one of my earlier posts I made it clear that there would obviously be a chance of better stock in store as opposed to everything being OOS online. Regardless. If you walk in and pick up two $4.99 games (or even 2 $9.99 games) and then try to get a $10 gift card the associate will wonder why the system says you should get that. This would undoubtedly lead to them looking up that the deal is supposed to be for 19.99 games and raising a red flag.

I don't get why this is so hard for people to understand. Trying to do this in store is only slightly less bad than calling the store and saying "I heard about your deal. Does it work if I buy 2 $4.99 games instead? That's what I heard." :booty:

My games are shipping now. So that is both the games and card that have been sent. I did have one $19.99 game (Spiderman:SD) and one $12.99 game Brothers in Arms:Hell's Highway. Still with unlocked I got both for $31.91 (trade) + $10 back. I am fine with that.

been nice to knew about that free shipping link... could of really seen if the games will ship or not

i wonder if you picked SHIP to store if they will say SHIPPED

if my items really ship i feel sorry for the CS worker when i come pick them up.. then again could of been the post worker

put in 1 more order cause i seen

UFC Undisputed 2010 — PRE-OWNED - PSP
Hot Shots Tennis: Get a Grip — PRE-OWNED - PSP

if they really ship anyone want get a grip... I just wanted UFC 2010 on the psp game

So i just got a email saying they couldnt find it in store.
The email says that call BB to see if they can ship it to me or do nothing within 8 days and i will not be charged.

So are they still sending the gift card? I still want to call , but want to wait until i get a email saying gift card sent out.

Just picked up x 2 of The Simpsons Game (:ps3:) @ $7.99/each. Just typed in "Gift Card" in the BestBuy Search, clicked on a $10 GC, followed the Free Shipping Link and it was done.

Also, I got an confirmation earlier today for the Rock Band :)ps3:) titles x 2 @ $4.99/each (with $10 GC) that games and GC had shipped this AM. It's still hitting folks....

Also, all of the games I attempted to purchase were "Ship to Store" minus MotorStorm: Greatest Hits :)ps3:); unlike the order I placed yesterday (Sun. 10.30.2011); delivery was quoted as 11.9.2011 for the order today....

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']Also, all of the games I attempted to purchase were "Ship to Store" minus MotorStorm: Greatest Hits :)ps3:); unlike the order I placed yesterday (Sun. 10.30.2011); delivery was quoted as 11.9.2011 for the order today....[/QUOTE]

What does your order status look like has it changed

when i first placed it the item said PICK UP NOV 7 to NOV 10

then checking store inventory dont ask why

it now shows

Order Status: 1 item(s) - Order in process of being fulfilled.

Does your item still show that or DOES IT HAVE A DATE topick it up

I should of did the free shipping link at least then i knew i would get these or not

I would wait till i get the gift card in hand before calling.... worse thing that will happen is that charge willdrop off the bill..

bread's done
Back