Buy any two Xbox One or PS4 games at Best Buy Get a $15 Gift Card Instore Only

HakurenKyo06

CAGiversary!
Feedback
112 (98%)
As the title states, saw a flier in store, doesnt matter what two games, buy any two mix and match, get a $15 gift card.

Good for those picking up infamous or tomb raider on sale.

I grabbed infamous and Metal Gear.

Not sure if YMMV, pretty sure it should be chain wide.

Just picked up MGS and Tomb Raider and got the giftcard. Employee knew nothing about this promo but what do you expect?

went to best buy and was able to get it to work, employees had no clue about the deal, so got the giftcard and enough for the ibotta deal.

I ordered for in store pickup mgs and infamous on two separate orders. Hopefully the combine them with no gcu issues for buying multiple copies and get my 15 gc. I also bought tomb raider and killzone earlier this week. Bringing my receipt, hopefully they won't need to return rebuy to give me my gc. Then I bought pvz last week and a second tomb raider this week. I want to combine those for the gc, but then I'm worried it will count as buying 4 tomb raider (2 xbone and 2 ps4) and ban me. Not even going to try and combine something with my titanfall purchase as that has the $10 points preorder bonus pending.

Last edited by a moderator:
The employees don't have to know the promo is running for it to be live. If you buy two PS4/XB1 games today or tomorrow, the register should automatically prompt for a $15 GC to be issued, regardless of what any employees say.
Look at the recent $60 GCU for an example and that ran 3 days.

Says everyone's out of Ground Zeroes so let's hope that's wrong. Hopefully I can mix Second Son with an Xone game if need be.

I just got back from Best Buy. I had infamous pre-ordered and paid off, and I picked up tomb raider, and the manager just took $15 off the $45 price point so I walked out with TR for $21 because I'm GCU

Look at the recent $60 GCU for an example and that ran 3 days.

Says everyone's out of Ground Zeroes so let's hope that's wrong. Hopefully I can mix Second Son with an Xone game if need be.
Remember that for new (i.e., not used) games, "Unavailable" means 0-2 copies in stock, so there's still hope.

Success doing a return/rebuy, I know it counts towards my 3 title per year but I don't see myself picking up MG:GZ and PvZ:GW again. Had to bring the open copies in order to do it because they were out of MG for PS4.

No one knew about the promo so just go in there and the register will do the rest. Also for some reason my phone # was not activating my GCU so he had to input my RZ # in. Never had that happen before.

Thanks, OP.  Got GCU membership for $60, then got $48 inFamous and $32 PvZ:GW with the $15 gift card, then got the Titanfall LE Controller for 15% off.  Lotsa stackin' going on.

Damn! If I would of known about this deal I would of have waited to pick up MGS5 today with Infamous instead of tuesday.  :headache: Oh well

Damn! If I would of known about this deal I would of have waited to pick up MGS5 today with Infamous instead of tuesday. :headache: Oh well
Pick up Infamous and MGS today. Get $15 gc. Then return this copy of MGS with your receipt from Tuesday. Done.

Remember that for new (i.e., not used) games, "Unavailable" means 0-2 copies in stock, so there's still hope.
Yeah and they've been wrong on other stuff lately. Either they really don't have it when no store in the state has it and it's OOS online or it's another error.

What were the last big PS4 / XB1 releases prior to Titanfall and Infamous: Second Son....?

Was it Tomb Raider?

I am interested in Infamous: Second Son on PS4....but can't think of another game that interests me....

Open to suggestions.  :)

(I already have Titanfall on Xbox One.)

What were the last big PS4 / XB1 releases prior to Titanfall and Infamous: Second Son....?

Was it Tomb Raider?

I am interested in Infamous: Second Son on PS4....but can't think of another game that interests me....

Open to suggestions. :)

Thief?

Was it Tomb Raider?

Thief sucks, so not that. If you want slightly cheaper options, both X1 Zoo Tycoon and PvZ:GW are only $40 MSRP, and I've heard good things about both. I went with PvZ:GW myself.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I never would have looked at Plants vs Zombies - I'll do that now.  (Looking at the box art, I thought it was some kind of over-priced iPhone port.)

I also realized that I can sort the Best Buy list via Release Date.  :whistle2:o

Was it Tomb Raider?

This guy's slidecagin' freestyle.

The employees don't have to know the promo is running for it to be live. If you buy two PS4/XB1 games today or tomorrow, the register should automatically prompt for a $15 GC to be issued, regardless of what any employees say.
You were right. I was able to get the gift card, thanks to you & OP.

$35.99 with GCU and trades in for $44 with GCU.

I would either grab two copies of Tom Raider to flip back to BB or one of Tomb Raider and one of Metal Gear V. Really would like confirmation of this.
Good thinking. Too bad I already did this with GS->BB last week. Don't want to get banned over $8/game. Lol.
Yeah, how do bans work? I'd read that word previously in Best Buy topics and got a little scared. I just did the Gamers Club Unlocked this month, so I'd like to know...before I get in trouble for playing the flipping game. LoL.

I'm thinking Infamous: Second Son ($48 after GCU) and Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition ($36 after GCU) for a total of $84 (plus tax). Then flip Tomb Raider for $44 off and await my $15 certificate in fifteen days (that's how the process goes, right?).

At that point, I've turned $91.03 (after taxes) into Infamous: Second Son and $59 in Best Buy gift cards/certificates.

Assuming I use the Best Buy gift cards/certificates, that's basically Infamous: Second Son for $32.03 on release day!

Yeah, how do bans work? I'd read that word previously in Best Buy topics and got a little scared. I just did the Gamers Club Unlocked this month, so I'd like to know...before I get in trouble for playing the flipping game. LoL.

I'm thinking Infamous: Second Son ($48 after GCU) and Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition ($36 after GCU) for a total of $84 (plus tax). Then flip Tomb Raider for $44 off and await my $15 certificate in fifteen days (that's how the process goes, right?).

At that point, I've turned $91.03 (after taxes) into Infamous: Second Son and $59 in Best Buy gift cards/certificates.

Assuming I use the Best Buy gift cards/certificates, that's basically Infamous: Second Son for $32.03 on release day!
This offer is for a $15 gift card with purchase. It is immediate, not a certificate you get later. Trade over 3 copies of a game you'll likely be banned in a couple weeks time. They don't warn you or anything you'll just go to do a trade and it'll say they can't take it.

All correct and what you're describing should, except you're not waiting for a $15 certificate--you get a $15 gift card right away.

Also, I recommend you at least leave the store and open TR: DE before returning and trading it in; please, for the love of all that's pure, don't walk right over to Customer Service after buying it and trade it in still sealed.

EDIT: Whoa, simul-ninja'd. :lol:

Picked up my infamous and was able to get an override for 15 $ off metal gear . Took a little convincing after factoring gcu 20% . I also explained to them I didn't want to hit my 3 title limit for gcu on infamous by doing a return / re buy . They looked puzzled but must of sounded good enough because they gave it to me .

Got Infamous and Titanfall. The system should automatically prompt for a $15 Gift Card. Don't waste your time asking the clueless workers because the promo isn't even advertised.

Any one tried four games in one transaction or two game each so we could get 2 $15 gift cards?
I tried four games in a transaction but the system gave only one $15 gift card.
Since the BB representatives did not seem to have any clue about the promotion, had to explain them and they voided the transaction.
Rang in as two separate transactions and worked without any issue.

I tried four games in a transaction but the system gave only one $15 gift card.
Since the BB representatives did not seem to have any clue about the promotion, had to explain them and they voided the transaction.
Rang in as two separate transactions and worked without any issue.
Yeah, promos like that are one per transactions. Hope that didn't count towards your GCU though.

Traded in Need for Speed: Rivals for $44 and got Infamous: Second Son and Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes for Xbone, since my Best Buy was also out of PS4 copies. The $15 gift card rang up no problem. I plan on exchanging MGS for the PS4 version when they get that back in stock.

Dang my bestbuy is out of metal gears! Wanted to just buy mgs and infamous together today to get the gc and return the sealed mgs with my receipt last tuesday since i already opened my game. That would been the easier way. Now i have to try and explain to CS to try and get a GC with my old receipt and purchase of infamous. Damn!.

Dang my bestbuy is out of metal gears! Wanted to just buy mgs and infamous together today to get the gc and return the sealed mgs with my receipt last tuesday since i already opened my game. That would been the easier way. Now i have to try and explain to CS to try and get a GC with my old receipt and purchase of infamous. Damn!.
I have no idea what she did, but I had an awesome CSR who was able to do this with a PS3 copy of MGS and my original MGS PS4 receipt. She even applied the RZ cert I used on the original order to the new purchase.

Never had an issue returning and re-ringing a game not in my possession.

There's also a game called Putty Squad for the ps4 and it only costs 24.99 19.99 after GCU. Im on my way to BB right now. Time to make some BB money.

bread's done
Back