Buy any two Xbox One or PS4 games at Best Buy Get a $15 Gift Card Instore Only

HakurenKyo06

CAGiversary!
Feedback
112 (98%)
As the title states, saw a flier in store, doesnt matter what two games, buy any two mix and match, get a $15 gift card.

Good for those picking up infamous or tomb raider on sale.

I grabbed infamous and Metal Gear.

Not sure if YMMV, pretty sure it should be chain wide.

If I got the X1 version of MGS, would I be able to exchange an unopen copy for the PS4 version when they get it in stock? Im thinking of going back for Infamous and MGS

Thanks for the post OP. I was in Best Buy last night and of course there was no indication of this sale but fortunately I made a quick scan of CAG before I left and saw this thread. I wanted to get Plants vs. Zombies and maybe MGS but they didn't have PvsZ (and the clerks there had no idea it even existed - they kept telling me to check the 360 bargain bin section thinking I was talking about the original game :roll:). But they didn't even have a spot for it on the racks.

I went to a second store and they didn't know about it either but then found one in their X1/PS4 case up front. They didn't have MGS for the PS4, though, so I went with Tomb Raider.

Of course the clerk had no idea about the $15 promo - he said he had been ringing games up all day and not seen it once. He tried it several times and I thought I saw it flash on there once (the $15 off Tomb Raider made that confusing though). But then one time it came up but my GCU didn't apply. Finally, after ringing it up like 5 different times it all worked out and I got P vs. Z and Tomb Raider for $68 + the $15 gift card. Now if I can just stop playing Dark Souls II maybe I'll check out one of these games eventually ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it was just yesterday and today. My first store had no MGs either so they checked to see which stores did and I moved on to the next one to find it. Some stores got 5-12 copies, and MOST others got 0. Makes no sense.
Thanks. I guess they weren't expecting the demand for MGS after all the hubbub about the length of the game. I really don't want to settle for the One version since I definitely want to play The Phantom Pain on PS4 and have the bonuses/data carry over.

Now if I can just stop playing Dark Souls II maybe I'll check out one of these games eventually ;).
I know that feeling...lol. I finished one playthrough and was working on New Game+ when I decided I needed a break since I hadn't even touched Titanfall.

Did a return/rebuy today, but it went kind of awkwardly since I put the wrong receipt in the bag for MGS V. So she was all like "you didn't just grab this off of the shelf, did you?" And I said No! You can pull up my receipt, and last I checked, this store doesn't even have this game in stock. (I went to a different best buy). She returned it, but probably thinks I stole it or something.

Did a return/rebuy today, but it went kind of awkwardly since I put the wrong receipt in the bag for MGS V. So she was all like "you didn't just grab this off of the shelf, did you?" And I said No! You can pull up my receipt, and last I checked, this store doesn't even have this game in stock. (I went to a different best buy). She returned it, but probably thinks I stole it or something.
Thats why the guy in the front marks it with a sticker when you come in

any body who ever shops at best buy regularly knows to wait for the yellow shirt to stamp your item with a pink sticker.
I shop/trade at BB regularly, and it has been quite a while since I got stickered. Past several months, if I do approach the yellow shirt with my trades, he points me over to customer service where the trades happen, but he doesn't sticker me anymore (and this is not just a single store).

bought infamous second son and tomb raider.  Got the gift card plus traded in TR for + 7 or 8.  So could say got Infamous: SS for around 30 bucks.  damn that's a good deal

Hmm I picked up Infamous yesterday but my MGS: GZ was an in-store pickup so couldn't do a return/rebuy with that. No other next game I really want (or already have). Maybe Garden Warfare? Meh.

Hmm I picked up Infamous yesterday but my MGS: GZ was an in-store pickup so couldn't do a return/rebuy with that. No other next game I really want (or already have). Maybe Garden Warfare? Meh.
That's very strange. My copy of Infamous was an in store pick-up. I had no problem returning that... if they said you couldn't return it, they were lying.

That's very strange. My copy of Infamous was an in store pick-up. I had no problem returning that... if they said you couldn't return it, they were lying.
Oh no I didn't try I just assumed you couldn't. Trying to do things at the store on an in-store pickup order usually leads to them telling me to call the the Best Buy number.

Thanks. I guess they weren't expecting the demand for MGS after all the hubbub about the length of the game. I really don't want to settle for the One version since I definitely want to play The Phantom Pain on PS4 and have the bonuses/data carry over.

I know that feeling...lol. I finished one playthrough and was working on New Game+ when I decided I needed a break since I hadn't even touched Titanfall.
Quick OT question about DS II. I liked the gameplay (albeit punishing) of Demons souls. That said, I never understood how that whole hub world thing worked (the upgrading part with mixing stones, etc.). The game lost me as a result. From people familiar with the game, is this game a bit more hand-holdy in at least explaining the way that type of thing works?

I don't mind investing time in a learning curve but I am conceptually challenged and impatient when it comes to weapon upgrade interfaces, fps load-outs, and the like. I even remember getting annoyed at KOTOR back in the day for the inventory screens.

Quick OT question about DS II. I liked the gameplay (albeit punishing) of Demons souls. That said, I never understood how that whole hub world thing worked (the upgrading part with mixing stones, etc.). The game lost me as a result. From people familiar with the game, is this game a bit more hand-holdy in at least explaining the way that type of thing works?

I don't mind investing time in a learning curve but I am conceptually challenged and impatient when it comes to weapon upgrade interfaces, fps load-outs, and the like. I even remember getting annoyed at KOTOR back in the day for the inventory screens.

DS2 has a small tutorial but it only covers basic gameplay mechanics. You are pretty much on your own with everything else unless you experiment, have experience from previous games or use a guide/wiki. There are also things in DS2 that were even more obscure to me than in the previous games. For example, there is a certain thing you have to do to make a certain boss beatable that I would have never realized had it not been for the in-game messages left by other players and the Gamefaqs message board.

There are also things in DS2 that were even more obscure to me than in the previous games. For example, there is a certain thing you have to do to make a certain boss beatable that I would have never realized had it not been for the in-game messages left by other players and the Gamefaqs message board.
Going back to the first game though that's very intentional and part of the mechanics. I'm glad that when most series these days go more hand holding and mainstream with each release that they're going the other direction and still managing to grow the brand.

What's up with all the only 2 days deals

Last edited:
Contacted Best Buy Customer Support and they issued me a $20 GC. I explained my situation that one of my orders was in store pick up and took a picture w/ receipts of the two games I purchased.

Say what you want about Best Buy but their customer service has always been top notch for me. Thanks again to the OP for posting the deal. Many of us would have had no idea otherwise.

What's up with all the only 2 days deals
They're probably doing all these unannounced deals then leaking them to CAG and SD through moles to track the customers that take advantage of them and figure out who all of us are. The eye in the sky sees all.

there is nothing particularly hand-holdy about DkS2, but it might be the clearest and most approachable game in the series. it starts opaque, but you meet NPCs that do a decent job of explaining things, and w/o too much spoiler info, the deeper item upgrades really aren't available until you progress a certain distance into the game. Doesn't make it easier, and there is no clear explanation, but it's a bit more logical and you have some time before it gets there.

That said, at a certain point in the game, you can buy unlimited quantities of the first 2 tiers of upgrade materials, and the 3rd tier is infinitely harvestable if you join the right covenant. this means you can experiment with fully maxing weapon upgrades and not feel like you are using the last of the precious rocks.

I loved DeS and DkS, and DkS2 is probably my favorite so far. 80 hours and counting.....(although that time is inflated, as i put my summon sign down in certain areas and read a book till i get summoned)

man, so glad i locked in TR:DE at $40 online trade-in friday.  dropped to $30 TIV today.  still a profit if you were planning to flip, but not as much.

I wish I could've got in on this, I picked up infamous on Friday but my store was out of TR for the PS4. I already beat it on ps3 but I wanted to experience it in 1080p/60fps. I was even considering the new MSG demo but it was also OOS. :cry:

Can anyone confirm this worked in store today? When it started I thought they said two days only which would have been Friday/Saturday, just looking for confirmation before driving to BB today.

bread's done
Back