Buy any two Xbox One or PS4 games at Best Buy Get a $15 Gift Card Instore Only

HakurenKyo06

CAGiversary!
Feedback
112 (98%)
As the title states, saw a flier in store, doesnt matter what two games, buy any two mix and match, get a $15 gift card.

Good for those picking up infamous or tomb raider on sale.

I grabbed infamous and Metal Gear.

Not sure if YMMV, pretty sure it should be chain wide.

I beat it in like an hour and it wasn't even a fun hour. Buggy (I was "spotted" three times through solid metal structures), looked like shit (everything had that "shiny" look of games from like early last gen, played about as well as it looked. Had no interest to go do the other spec ops missions that you unlock after "beating the game."
Glad I'm not the only one who wasn't impressed with the graphics.

Highly recommend infamous though. Looks really good and I'm having fun with it. Some minor problems but still the best PS4 game out.

it'll automatically prompt them
Btw this is not always true. I've had instances where the discount automatically applies and instances where it doesn't.

The lack of knowledge by the associates is amazing. "No it's only on NEW games that JUST came out this month." "No it has to be a $60 dollar game." are just some of the dumb comments I've heard. I oftentimes have to ask for a manager and have them manually do the override but they do have a UPC that applies 20% to all games for when this happens.

Many thanks, OP!  With GCU on purchase of 2 copies and trade-in of 1, plus a $5 birthday reward certificate, I managed to get a PS4 copy of Tomb Raider Definitive Edition for $12 store credit.

Btw this is not always true. I've had instances where the discount automatically applies and instances where it doesn't.
The lack of knowledge by the associates is amazing. "No it's only on NEW games that JUST came out this month." "No it has to be a $60 dollar game." are just some of the dumb comments I've heard. I oftentimes have to ask for a manager and have them manually do the override but they do have a UPC that applies 20% to all games for when this happens.
I almost walked away from Infamous SS and PvZ yesterday. My first transaction wouldn't prompt the GC after totaling it up. They called over the manager who couldn't help.

I asked them to try ringing it up again. This time it went into the payment part and finally it prompted the GC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have this work today?  Ordered PvZ and Zoo Tycoon from AWD so didn't get them last night but they arrived in terrible shape.

Is this mix and match (1 ps4 1Xo) or do you have to buy both from the same console?

I only ended up with a $5.00. I suspect that my buying a used 360 game along with Injustice and LEgo Movie on ps4. I really wanted to just get my 90 on a gc through returning, but now I'm not sure if returns bought with Rz certs are refunded to gc. Anyone know?

I only ended up with a $5.00. I suspect that my buying a used 360 game along with Injustice and LEgo Movie on ps4. I really wanted to just get my 90 on a gc through returning, but now I'm not sure if returns bought with Rz certs are refunded to gc. Anyone know?
No, they go back to the RZ account and are reissued.

Thanks El. I wonder if a exchange with returning the used game since I paid cash for the used game.ill see soon enough since I'll be by BBY at lowes picking out tile for my bathroom remodel

I'm lucky that I am on the other side of town or I would never get anything between you two. Sounds like the Detroit area is packed with CAG. I think I'm one of the few in Novi.
Gratiot is my store as well! Planning to go there after work and finally get tomb raider with my infamous!

Since I already bought TR:DE I think I might trade it in, get my money back THEN go back and rebuy it maybe with Knack?

If I were to get 2 copies of tomb raider and keep one, could I trade the other in right away? Like wait 15 minutes and trade it in or will that flag me? Tia

FYI, this seems fully confirmed, but i asked to have TR:DE added to my Infamous pre-order.  CSR was very helpful and said the only way would be to return/rebuy, which he was more than willing to do.

Paid off pre-order, returned it, bought it + TR, and the gift card arrived as expected.  Added bonus, i still received the pre-order bonuses for Infamous.

I locked in the TR trade on bestbuy website for $40, b/c even though i played it on Ps3, i want to see the new-gen version.  All in all, a great deal - once i trade in TR ($40) and factor in the gift card ($15), Playing Infamous on day one for ~$30 out of pocket.  THANKS OP!

I ended up getting Infamous (on the fence the longest time, the game setting doesnt really excite me) and I got Rayman Legends 36.99 instore. (0 Metal Gears ps4) Prompted up the 15.00 gift card after payment.  I paid entirely with a gift card and rewards cert.  I would have gotten tomb raider (which they had about 6 ps4 at my store) but I already beat that long ago on 360.  Great game! 

So I went in and bought one tomb raider for each system (kept the ps4 since I already had it for xbox one) got the gift card with my GCU. No problem. Just now I traded them in and somehow I didn't get my 10% bonus credit. This happened last week but it's never happened before so last time I let it go. I just emailed customer service to see if I could get a credit for this time and last time explaining the while thing. She asked for my phone number and everything after I said I have a gamers club account. Anything I should do? Not too mad but between the two times I have lost $17

So I went in and bought one tomb raider for each system (kept the ps4 since I already had it for xbox one) got the gift card with my GCU. No problem. Just now I traded them in and somehow I didn't get my 10% bonus credit. This happened last week but it's never happened before so last time I let it go. I just emailed customer service to see if I could get a credit for this time and last time explaining the while thing. She asked for my phone number and everything after I said I have a gamers club account. Anything I should do? Not too mad but between the two times I have lost $17
The extra 10% trade in bonus is on a separate screen and must be added on, it never automatically applies. You have to remember to tell them ans make sure they add it.

I would go back to the store immediately, show a manager the paperwork and explain the missing cash. See if they can resolve it for you.

All the stores around me have sold out of Tomb Raider (Xbone and PS4) and MGS (PS4). Had to settle for MGS on Xbox One. I did buy two next gen games but not in the same order. Picked up Infamous with in store pick up. Sent an email to Best Buy Customer Support explaining the issue (used some reward zone gift certificates so I couldn't cancel the order). Hopefully they will issue a GC to me since I did buy two next gen games.

The extra 10% trade in bonus is on a separate screen and must be added on, it never automatically applies. You have to remember to tell them ans make sure they add it.

I would go back to the store immediately, show a manager the paperwork and explain the missing cash. See if they can resolve it for you.
Ah see I never knew that! I've never had a problem before these last two.

Also (sorry if this has been answered before) what customer service do you guys email? I ended up doing the mybestbuy one because it's the site that I access gamers club from so I thought if anything they'd just apply what I lost (about $20) as 900 points or whatever

Picked up Tomb raider and mgs, traded in tr and got mgs for $6, the more did the same thing and got Infamousffor $31. Good deal but I'm done, at my limit of buys and trade ins of Tomb raider. Too bad, I wanted to get mgs again but for the ps4 since everywhere only seems to have the x1 version.

Also (sorry if this has been answered before) what customer service do you guys email? I ended up doing the mybestbuy one because it's the site that I access gamers club from so I thought if anything they'd just apply what I lost (about $20) as 900 points or whatever
This happened to me a few weeks back. I called the 1-800 number and spoke to customer service, the call took almost an hour before the rep decided to issue me a gift card and send it to me.

Just a heads up on the 15% off accessory with game purchase, it does not work on open-box accessories. Got an Xbox One headset adapter for $19.99 open box, no additional discount. Barely better than 15% off of $24.99, not sure if I'll keep it.

Went in BB, traded in my copy of TR I bought a few weeks ago for 44. Bought TR back and Battlefield 4 for another $15 cert.

We need more PS4 titles, I have all the ones I want :(

dang none of the stores near me have MGS for PS4
Same here. Bought Infamous yesterday by itself but I might have grabbed the One version of MGS had I known about the promo. Any idea how long this lasts? The cashier at my local store told me they were getting 7 more copies of MGS on PS4 within the next week.

Just bought TR and MGS on X1. They were OOS on MGS but I still got it anyway, lol.

Traded in TR for $40 (gotta call to get the other $4) and turns out after totals, I only paid $1.48 for MGS. w00t w00t!

Same here. Bought Infamous yesterday by itself but I might have grabbed the One version of MGS had I known about the promo. Any idea how long this lasts? The cashier at my local store told me they were getting 7 more copies of MGS on PS4 within the next week.
I think it was just yesterday and today. My first store had no MGs either so they checked to see which stores did and I moved on to the next one to find it. Some stores got 5-12 copies, and MOST others got 0. Makes no sense.

bread's done
Back