Buy any two Xbox One or PS4 games at Best Buy Get a $15 Gift Card Instore Only

HakurenKyo06

CAGiversary!
Feedback
112 (98%)
As the title states, saw a flier in store, doesnt matter what two games, buy any two mix and match, get a $15 gift card.

Good for those picking up infamous or tomb raider on sale.

I grabbed infamous and Metal Gear.

Not sure if YMMV, pretty sure it should be chain wide.

I tried returning my mgs v and rebuying along with tr:de both xbox one. After gcu and everything no gift card prompt came up was it cause of the return? Does it have to be only purchases in one transaction for this to work.

will go tomorrow for TR and Infamous. I have $54 in credit and will trade TR in for $44 so $30 out of pocket and I'll have $44 in credit left. now that i think about it that's only a savings of $8. 

hmmm... TR for each system is $70 and $88 in trade value + 15 GC. 

$16+tax out of pocket and i'll have $88 in trade plus 15 in GC so $103 credit

buy infamous for $48 and i'll have $55ish left. 

roughly $16 out of pocket and i get infamous. i can handle that. 

BBUY employee all but confirmed this was good tomorrow as well, right?  

didn't get in to pick up my infamous pre-order today, and will do the obvious add on with TR to flip back to them assuming it's still going tomorrow.  

Well the website was right and there were no Zeroes in the state for PS4. Settled for a copy for Xbone to go with Infamous.
Yeah, I noticed that it was in very short supply... Every other version was available for preorder still up to the night before it came out, but the PS4 version was gone for like a week before it came out. And when I went to pick up FF X/X-2 on Tuesday, there was only one copy of Ground Zeroes PS4 on the shelf. I picked it up along with FF. I went back today to pick up Infamous Second Son and there weren't any more copies on the shelf. I'm probably going to return/rebuy Infamous and GZ tomorrow so I can get the $15 gift card. But idk, the guy a couple posts above said that didn't work.

Yeah, I noticed that it was in very short supply... Every other version was available for preorder still up to the night before it came out, but the PS4 version was gone for like a week before it came out. And when I went to pick up FF X/X-2 on Tuesday, there was only one copy of Ground Zeroes PS4 on the shelf. I picked it up along with FF. I went back today to pick up Infamous Second Son and there weren't any more copies on the shelf. I'm probably going to return/rebuy Infamous and GZ tomorrow so I can get the $15 gift card. But idk, the guy a couple posts above said that didn't work.
Oh so it was probably you who took my copy. :rofl:

I grabbed MG and Infamous. With my Gamers Club, it was 75 bucks and got a $15 gift card. Used a Reward Zone certificate and got $97 for $65 with a 15 dollar gift certificate. Damn good deal.

As the title states, saw a flier in store, doesnt matter what two games, buy any two mix and match, get a $15 gift card.

Good for those picking up infamous or tomb raider on sale.

I grabbed infamous and Metal Gear.

Not sure if YMMV, pretty sure it should be chain wide.

Guys... seriously, I can't recommend buying Metal Gear. I picked it up from Redbox tonight (I had used a coupon to rent it for $0.80 before I saw this thread and since there is no way to cancel it...

I beat it in like an hour and it wasn't even a fun hour. Buggy (I was "spotted" three times through solid metal structures), looked like shit (everything had that "shiny" look of games from like early last gen, played about as well as it looked. Had no interest to go do the other spec ops missions that you unlock after "beating the game."

Guys... seriously, I can't recommend buying Metal Gear. I picked it up from Redbox tonight (I had used a coupon to rent it for $0.80 before I saw this thread and since there is no way to cancel it...

I beat it in like an hour and it wasn't even a fun hour. Buggy (I was "spotted" three times through solid metal structures), looked like shit (everything had that "shiny" look of games from like early last gen, played about as well as it looked. Had no interest to go do the other spec ops missions that you unlock after "beating the game."
Oh well, already used one of my GCU purchases on it and got the GC. Time to blow through it and move on.

Woohooo!!! Update!!

So i preordered and picked up mgs last tuesday. Today i picked my preordered infamous (Dlc code printed inreceipt). Went up to customer service to try and get my $15 gift card.

CS rep talked to manager and told me what they'll do.

Instead of returning and rebuying my games from the 2 different receipts, CS rep just made a price correction on the infamous receipt... Deducting $15 to the pre-tax price and handed me the 16.xx cash!! Hehe!

I might lose out on bby points but cash on hand is way better than GC.

Now time to go home and start playing again.

Woohooo!!! Update!!

So i preordered and picked up mgs last tuesday. Today i picked my preordered infamous (Dlc code printed inreceipt). Went up to customer service to try and get my $15 gift card.

CS rep talked to manager and told me what they'll do.

Instead of returning and rebuying my games from the 2 different receipts, CS rep just made a price correction on the infamous receipt... Deducting $15 to the pre-tax price and handed me the 16.xx cash!! Hehe!

I might lose out on bby points but cash on hand is way better than GC.

Now time to go home and start playing again.
Way better outcome overall.

Sorry to those that had questions and I couldnt answer, I was at work all day.

This ends tomorrow, pm's will not stack and it wont apply to used games.  It specifically says so on the flier the person showed me.

Also, games showing up for sale online like nba 2k14 for the xbox one, thief etc outside of tomb raider are not onsale in store.

Sorry to those that had questions and I couldnt answer, I was at work all day.

This ends tomorrow, pm's will not stack and it wont apply to used games. It specifically says so on the flier the person showed me.

Also, games showing up for sale online like nba 2k14 for the xbox one, thief etc outside of tomb raider are not onsale in store.
Someone stated earlier that they tried to do a return/rebuy, but when they went to rebuy it, the gift card didn't show up. Do you have any idea of why that could be? I want to return/rebuy MGS V and Infamous: SS tomorrow, but I don't want to mess anything up if I'm not going to get the gift card.

Someone stated earlier that they tried to do a return/rebuy, but when they went to rebuy it, the gift card didn't show up. Do you have any idea of why that could be? I want to return/rebuy MGS V and Infamous: SS tomorrow, but I don't want to mess anything up if I'm not going to get the gift card.
Maybe because they did it in the same transaction and it didnt trigger?

If done seperatly, should work no problem.

Looks like I'll be doing a return/rebuy today with MG:GZ and PvZ:GW. Thanks OP
Good idea. Since I've already opened both I'll have to do a fresh purchase for both and then return both with old receipts. I was skeptical of GCU but it has already been paid off for me at $30.

So it applies automatically on the register in store after two games get scanned or do I need to find a flier for some promo code/coupon? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good idea. Since I've already opened both I'll have to do a fresh purchase for both and then return both with old receipts. I was skeptical of GCU but it has already been paid off for me at $30.

So it applies automatically on the register in store after two games get scanned or do I need to find a flier for some promo code/coupon? Thanks!
it'll automatically prompt them

Just to be sure before I go tomorrow(it's a 45 mid drive). I have GCU, buy two copies of TR for $36 each at $72 and receive $15 gift card. Vthen I'll wait and hour and trade both of them in for $44 each for a total $88? So basically I will turn $72 into $103 BB credit? Also it doesn't matter which version of TR XboxOne or PS4?

Just to be sure before I go tomorrow(it's a 45 mid drive). I have GCU, buy two copies of TR for $36 each at $72 and receive $15 gift card. Vthen I'll wait and hour and trade both of them in for $44 each for a total $88? So basically I will turn $72 into $103 BB credit? Also it doesn't matter which version of TR XboxOne or PS4?
Correct.

[quote name="nJoy7" post="11630135" timestamp="1395422296"]Great time to pick up PVZ! Surprisingly enough, I enjoy playing that more than I do Titanfall...[/quote]

Yup ... my playtime on PvZ is prob 10X that of Titanfall. Super fun game!

Correct, if you don't have to pay tax. Where I am, the equation is closer to $79 -> $103. I hadn't really thought about doing it that way, I'm hoping to trade back 1 TRDE, but get it with MGS to play.

Actually taking Forza 5, Killzone, and Madden today too while I can get $40+ for them. Got them all on a B2G1 so I originally only paid $40 each back in November.

my best buy made up things that I could not do seperate transactions for each of the 2 games to get $15 gift cards per (could only do once). stupid as **** and liers?

Raped Best Buy yesterday.

2 years gamer's club=$30

Infamous=$60

MGSV=$30

Did a PM on MGSV to get it down to 20, the 20% kicked in on Infamous, then got my $15 gift card, then got 10 bucks back from Ibotta.

Total=111.99-15 giftcard-10 ibotta=86.99

Boosh I love that place.

Raped Best Buy yesterday.

2 years gamer's club=$30

Infamous=$60

MGSV=$30

Did a PM on MGSV to get it down to 20, the 20% kicked in on Infamous, then got my $15 gift card, then got 10 bucks back from Ibotta.

Total=111.99-15 giftcard-10 ibotta=86.99

Boosh I love that place.
so even though you did a PM, you still got the gift card?

my best buy made up things that I could not do seperate transactions for each of the 2 games to get $15 gift cards per (could only do once). stupid as **** and liers?
Should have just said fine and said you didn't want two of them. Paid, then gone back and gotten the other two off the shelf. Register would have prompted each time and they couldn't have done anything about it.

bread's done
Back