Buy GTA5 @ TRU get a $19.99 or less Rockstar game free AND a $10 GC Tuesday Only (Coupon added)

chelosera91

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Coupon for $10 gift card: http://www.toysrus.com/graphics/media/trus/HO091713A_GrandTheftAuto_Vcoupon.pdf?q6370322=1

Gift Card expires 11/2/2013

Sort of similar to Best Buys dead offer. Buy GTA5 get a $19.99 or less Rockstar game for free only Tuesday and Wednesday. If you get the game on release day (Tuesday), you will also get a $10 Giftcard with your purchase.

Games that qualify are:
-GTAIV PS3/360

-GTA: Episodes of Liberty City PS3/360

-Max Payne 3 PS3/360

-Red Dead Redemption PS3/360

-RDR: Undead Nightmare PS3/360

-Midnight Club: Los Angeles Complete Edition PS3/360

-LA Noire PS3/360 (Limited stores carry this title)

Took it from the TRU thread but I thought it needed its own thread.

Edit:

A friend of mine who works at TRU's electronics department told me all TRU should have copies of the game since Saturday. He also said that the $10 GC will be available ONLY on Tuesday and all stores will put the sign up when they open.

Last edited by a moderator:

Except you can't really count the $20 game as a discount. You can count the $10 gc as a sort of discount, much like people do the RZ certificates for pre-ordering and purchasing GTA V at BB. But without a trade-in program at the moment TRU is an all cash purchase pretty much, which is another factor some people look at when buying games.
TRU does have a trade in program, but it the trade values are only so so.

Looking through the TRU website, it looks like it's any R* game other than GTA5. I can't find one that's priced higher than $19.99.
Red Dead Redemption GOTY and GTA IV Complete Edition are both $29.99.

CoD wins the race over GTA before the competition has even started.  However, I do think it'll break a lot of records though and be the #2 selling game of the year.

Personally, count me in the minority that think GTA isn't all it's cracked up to be. GTA 4 didn't seem much different to me than the PS2 iterations other than improved graphics.

CoD wins the race over GTA before the competition has even started. However, I do think it'll break a lot of records though and be the #2 selling game of the year.

Personally, count me in the minority that think GTA isn't all it's cracked up to be. GTA 4 didn't seem much different to me than the PS2 iterations other than improved graphics.

If GTA V has gameplay more like RDR and MP3 with well placed checkpoints then I will love it. I never finished GTA IV due to the clunky controls (IMO) and horrible mission design. I was not planning on getting this day 1 but then Amazon put Madden up for basically $27 and BBY gave $49.50 so with the $20 RZ cert it was a no brainer. I would have to wait forever for it to drop to $25 so I went with it now.

If GTA V has gameplay more like RDR and MP3 with well placed checkpoints then I will love it. I never finished GTA IV due to the clunky controls (IMO) and horrible mission design. I was not planning on getting this day 1 but then Amazon put Madden up for basically $27 and BBY gave $49.50 so with the $20 RZ cert it was a no brainer. I would have to wait forever for it to drop to $25 so I went with it now.
I couldn't agree with you more. RDR was fantastic. It's 4 times better than GTA IV ever was. Easily a Top 10 game of all time for me on current gen systems while I throw GTA IV on the overhyped list. I'm going to sit out the GTA Day 1 release and wait for the better TRU GC offer so long as the game vastly improves upon IV.

It always happens with this huge releases...no offense intended but:

1. Stand in line with hundreds of teenagers raging about what they're going to do when they get the game (no discount offered) at Gamestop OR

2. Casually walk into ToysRus and ask for game (usually without a line)...and get a good discount.
I'm considering number 2 over number 3:

Wait 30-45 minutes for the customer service rep to figure out how to ring up a pre-order at Best Buy, have them not take it as a pre-order pickup, and not get your $20 RZ bonus, so spend 30 minutes on the phone getting it fixed later.

This offer sounds tempting but I'm sticking with my Best Buy pre-order...I have over $60 in Best Buy gift cards/reward certificates and you can't beat the bonus $20 reward certificate for pre ordering (GcU only)

TRU does have a trade in program, but it the trade values are only so so.

They had their own trade value look up tool like Best Buy does now, but they got rid of that a while ago from their website. Of course, I didn't need a look up tool to tell me their program was over before it began when they were trying to give $15 for new releases a month from launch.

I'm considering number 2 over number 3:

Wait 30-45 minutes for the customer service rep to figure out how to ring up a pre-order at Best Buy, have them not take it as a pre-order pickup, and not get your $20 RZ bonus, so spend 30 minutes on the phone getting it fixed later.

Funny you say this. Took them 15 mins to figure out how to ring up the GamerClub $10 off 1year PS+ for me yesterday!

Looks like my order from the similar glitched Best Buy deal went through, I managed to get two copies of GTA V shipped for the price of one. Just got my tracking number for it.

well that does it, looks like I'll be buying GTA V at TRU. Will this offer also apply on the special edition, will tru even carry the SE edition at launch?

I haven't bought a game from toys r us in a long time, will the cashiers/sales person know about this deal or will I have to go through the hassle of explaining it to them to get the bonus game + gift card.

^^^  I am so happy for you guys that got in on the deal (I didn't) !!!  Imo, this is definitely in the running for one of the best deals of 2013.  Lol.

Looks like my order from the similar glitched Best Buy deal went through, I managed to get two copies of GTA V shipped for the price of one. Just got my tracking number for it.
. I'm almost positive I'm getting a free GTA V copy from Best Buy.. I only preordered one copy and I received a cancellation email a week or two ago but got another email two days ago saying that it shipped out and there's tracking info for it. I checked my banking statements and there's no charge. Looks like I got lucky.

I haven't bought a game from toys r us in a long time, will the cashiers/sales person know about this deal or will I have to go through the hassle of explaining it to them to get the bonus game + gift card.

Don't know about the games… But in other "Get XFREE when you Buy X" deals at TRU, you have to bring the free item up to the register to be rung up and the computer zeroes it out. Otherwise, the clerk won't remind you to pick up a free item. Best remind them or explain it.

After much contemplation, I think I'll just wait. I don't need to have it right now. I have such a backlog of Xbox 360 games to play...many still new in the wrapper. I can probably just wait and pick up GTA5 on Black Friday even cheaper anyway. It will be a very LONG time until I play through all these games I have lined up...I don't think I'll even really want to get the Xbox One any time soon. I'm sticking with the 360 for quite awhile.

I wouldn't expect deep discounts on GTA for BF. It's too high profile to drop significantly in less than 2 months. Same way new COD games never seem to drop for BF.

def getting this if true. didnt pre order and didnt want to pay the extra for release date delivery from amazon. They usually deliver at 9pm anyways, that sucks. will pick this up in the morning and an extra game. awesome.

So any chance this offer could be PMed to Best Buy?

Yes I'm serious. I've got a copy on preorder at BBY with $5 down. Considering going with Walmart though if I really will get the special edition for normal price. Either way it's getting paid for via store credit.

So any chance this offer could be PMed to Best Buy?

Yes I'm serious. I've got a copy on preorder at BBY with $5 down. Considering going with Walmart though if I really will get the special edition for normal price. Either way it's getting paid for via store credit.
Best Buy doesn't match gift card deals.. or if they do, it's extremely YMMV

After much contemplation, I think I'll just wait. I don't need to have it right now. I have such a backlog of Xbox 360 games to play...many still new in the wrapper. I can probably just wait and pick up GTA5 on Black Friday even cheaper anyway. It will be a very LONG time until I play through all these games I have lined up...I don't think I'll even really want to get the Xbox One any time soon. I'm sticking with the 360 for quite awhile.
I'm with you on this. I have a backlog of 360 and PS3 games that I could be playing in the meantime. I'm not that much into GTA online and mostly just want it for the campaign, so I can hold out and see what BF will bring. If it doesn't offer anything, then that's OK. I could still probably hold out until a price drop in the future. Not bothering with next gen systems either for the time being.

For GTA? Most definitely there will be a midnight launch. It's arguably the biggest release this year.
As far as mine, as far as I know, they never do midnight releases. They didn't even do midnight releases for the last consoles to come out (which of course meant if you were going for one there you basically had to wait all night...should have seen the line when I drove by in the morning for the Wii's launch, luckily already got mine from Walmart earlier).

And yes RDR was awesome, IMO it was superior to GTAIV. Sucks that I JUST rebought RDR too in order to finally play through Undead Nightmare (already purchased and played a bit of the download way back when).

Too bad LA Noire isn't one of the freebie games, it's the only one out of the bunch I don't have. Eh, I'll try to find it on Tuesday anyways.

RDR is sold out everywhere near me and I want to get GTA 5 + RDR.

I tried ordering online and picking up GTA 5 in store while having RDR shipped to me but there's no store pick up option on GTA 5. Is there any way to get around this? I don't wanna wait a couple extra days for GTA 5 :(

Don't trust the TRU website when it says your store is out of stock of the free titles. I just went to my local store and they had plenty of the free eligible $19.99 Rockstar games behind the glass, but on the website it says they are out of stock. I saw all of them except there were no LA Noires.  Specifically I want Episodes from Liberty City, and they had at least 10 behind the glass even though the website says they have none.
Also the manager said they are NOT doing a midnight release tonight. The store will open at 10am on Tues.

i went to their weekly ad and i didnt see it but the post above says its available. So i imagine the $10 gift card is YMMV.

Not YMMV. There're several TRUs employees that post on these boards. Their word is as good as certainty....stop repeating this!
The question I have is; What do we do if the cashier knows nothing about this promotion? We have no links or advertisements to show them. That's the main reason I think many people are wondering about the $10 gift cards.

So is there a specific list of games? Just to make sure there aren't any restrictions. I'm looking at max payne 3 or GTA 4

Edit: sorry ignore this post, didn't bother to re-check the OP.

bread's done
Back