Buy GTA5 @ TRU get a $19.99 or less Rockstar game free AND a $10 GC Tuesday Only (Coupon added)

chelosera91

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Coupon for $10 gift card: http://www.toysrus.com/graphics/media/trus/HO091713A_GrandTheftAuto_Vcoupon.pdf?q6370322=1

Gift Card expires 11/2/2013

Sort of similar to Best Buys dead offer. Buy GTA5 get a $19.99 or less Rockstar game for free only Tuesday and Wednesday. If you get the game on release day (Tuesday), you will also get a $10 Giftcard with your purchase.

Games that qualify are:
-GTAIV PS3/360

-GTA: Episodes of Liberty City PS3/360

-Max Payne 3 PS3/360

-Red Dead Redemption PS3/360

-RDR: Undead Nightmare PS3/360

-Midnight Club: Los Angeles Complete Edition PS3/360

-LA Noire PS3/360 (Limited stores carry this title)

Took it from the TRU thread but I thought it needed its own thread.

Edit:

A friend of mine who works at TRU's electronics department told me all TRU should have copies of the game since Saturday. He also said that the $10 GC will be available ONLY on Tuesday and all stores will put the sign up when they open.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling I'm going to get to the register tomorrow, and get a "WTF are you talking about?" look when I mention the $10 gift card.

Is there anything from TRU stating that they are doing this? You know...as proof to the cashier/manager?

Did you have to pre-order to get the gift card?

The $10 Gift Card will be programmed into the registers. You will get it. People need to relax and stop questioning everything.
Let's be honest, most of the cashiers at the retailers have no idea what is going on....at least that's usually my experience anyway.

The $10 Gift Card will be programmed into the registers. You will get it. People need to relax and stop questioning everything.
What's wrong with questioning something that seems vague? It's a valid question.

It just seemed kinda weird that it wasn't advertised anywhere. Now that the OP was updated with "all stores will put the sign up when they open", I at least have some idea of what's going on and what to point at when something goes wrong. lol

Wife is attempting to buy this at the moment and the $10 gift card is NOT coming up.

Question on people...

$10 gift card would have been nice....but with no proof of the promotion like an actual ad, how do we get it? Was also thinking of making the drive to TRU just for this. ^^

I just got back from TRU. Register didn't prompt for the gift card, no signage in the store, and the manager didn't know anything about it.

I'm still happy to get Red Dead with my GTA V.

After the fact, Im wondering now if I should have asked to buy a $10 GC on the same transaction to see if it would be discounted off.
Someone should try that...

Bleh, I was just about to go drive 20 minutes to TRU.  

Guess I'm buying more local.  Don't need RDR / Max Payne that badly (already beaten RDR)

Well, this is actually kind of good news to me because it's MUCH easier for me to run into Wal Mart than it is TRU with my kids, lol... Just bought RDR again (at the 3for30 sale they just had) and really don't want anything else.  I mean I could get a game for trade in but looking up values I wouldn't get much anywhere anyway between gas and putting up with my kids in TRU I think I'll just head to WalMart lol.

I had a coupon for the friends and family sale and they let me use it. 20% off. No gift card prompt though. The guys were super nice, that coupon didn't even start til Thursday. So, if anything, that deal worked out better than the gift card!

Success! I just printed out the $10 from the TRU Twitter feed and it worked just fine. Got GTA5, free Episodes from Liberty City Stories, and the $10 gift card. Also note that I had to ask for GTA5, they aren't behind the glass. The rep had to go in back and get it in the store room. My total with tax was $65.54 and my $10 gift card expires on Nov 2.

wish I had seen this earlier, I just came back from TRU and I got the free game but not the $10 gift card. Also the selection of Rockstar games was pretty slim, they only had undead nightmare and GTA IV available.

EDIT: the game came with a code for the Atomic Blimp though, which I thought you could only get if you pre-ordered the game.

The expiration dates on the gift cards will vary. It just depends on which card they pick up to give to you. My just happened to have 11/2/13 printed on it.

Also if you don't see the free game you want behind the glass, be sure to look at the $19.99 Value game racks that are up front near the electronics dept register. Some of the titles are there too.

Coupon link edited into OP.

Also worth noting that gift card expires 11/2/2013

I really wasn't going to buy this game at launch. I promised myself that I'd wait.....I told myself i'd never finish the game, that i've never finished A GTA game outside of 3. That i've bought every single GTA since 2 and they always end up collecting dust....but I CAN'T HELP MYSELF. I'm off to TRU after work, curse you and your extra $10 that pushed me over the edge!

Mine came with the Atomic Blimp code inside on a card as well. I assume it was just the first batch that just all has them inside.

I'm thinking of putting the code on eBay though and squeeze out a few more cheapass savings. Looks like they go for about $4.99 and up.

Is it possible to return/rebuy with the same game combo at TRU? Got GTA V and RDR, but no gift card here.

EDIT - So I should be good to just take back my sealed games with receipt and coupon to get the additional gift card, bout to give a try and will report back.

Just got back from TRU and was able to get Undead Nightmare with GTA V on ps3 and the $10 gift card. I was hoping to get Max Payne 3 or Episodes of Liberty City but they didn't have them on PS3. The TRU website doesn't seem to have ps3 versions of those games either so I'm not sure TRU even sells them.

I was also told I could come back with the 20% off coupon later on Thursday to price adjust if the game was still sealed. Not sure if I can wait lol. Here's the coupon btw http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=22728306&camp=MISC:Vanity:printads:TRU:Friends:91613

Did any of you see a special edition at TRU?  That would be a less of a hassle way with the ticket to get it cheap than price matching.

So just got back from TRU, was able to do a return/rebuy without issue using the coupon. Now ended up with GTA V, Red Dead Redemption & $10 gift card. Thanks OP!

Just got back from TRU. Picked up GTA V, RDR, and my $10 gift card. When I mentioned the gift card, the cashiers mentioned that other people tried the same the thing, but to no avail. I showed them the coupon on my phone and it scanned. They were quite shocked that it worked. I also got the Atomic Blimp code in my copy of GTA V.

Well, I bit. Wasn't going to get GTA this time until a price drop, but I grabbed it and RDR. Be prepared for them to not know what you're talking about when you mention the GC, but they looked it up and made it happen. Seems like a lot of people left $10 on the table. The free game was promoted in store.

Yeah, I bit too.
It was probably all the hype that did it, combined with this fairly decent deal from TRU.
I had printed the coupon for the $10 card, so that was no problem, plus I already had a $20 gift card. And I took the copy of GTA 4 straight over to Best Buy to get another $10 to put towards an Amazon price match of the game guide.
I also tried the Friends and Family coupon,
didn't work of course, but the kid told me to come back after Thursday and customer service would adjust my total. So I'll certainly give that a try.

I have a feeling I'm going to get to the register tomorrow, and get a "WTF are you talking about?" look when I mention the $10 gift card.

Is there anything from TRU stating that they are doing this? You know...as proof to the cashier/manager?

Did you have to pre-order to get the gift card?
LOL this is exactly what happened to me today.

Went to BB and pm'd TRU ad, grabbed LA Noire Complete Collection not realizing it was $29.99, they still gave it to me for free, with

the $40 GC from last week PM to TRU, and the $10 RZ this was a sweet deal.

i went in TRU this morning and got RDR w. GTA V

the gift card didn't come out so they took off 10 bucks off making it 49.99 plus tax for both which works for me.

bread's done
Back