Buy or Sell inFamous - $35, and MORE @ Gamestaq

[quote name='Taboner']Ok i just sold my copy of Ghostbusters. Do I get paid before shipping?[/QUOTE]

Yes, we will arrange paypal transfer within 24 hours and then you ship.

[quote name='KMunley']How are the condition of most of the game cases? If the cases come in great condition and with the actual covers (not those default gamestop type of covers).[/QUOTE]

Yes, we require original game cases with original covers.
So far games and their cases look great.

[quote name='Taboner']Now I just love how the site 'owners' just stopped posting...

I'm going to cancel everything.:/[/QUOTE]

Cmon now! Dont we get a chance to commute home after a busy day? ;)

[quote name='aylien']Have most of your sellers to date been supplying games with or without manuals? Maybe that's an indication of whether sellers would find a manual requirement to be limiting.
Perhaps you could require manuals in the meantime, and put games without manuals on hold until sellers are matched directly with buyers. Sellers with manuals would be able to get an earlier sale and for a higher price point, and thus be offered an incentive to maintain complete games.
Sellers without manuals could still sell their games later at a lower, manual-less price point.
Similarly, buyers would be able to choose whether to pay a "premium" (somewhere between $1-$5) for a manual with their game.
Eg, Infamous is currently listed at $35, perhaps a manual-less version would be $30.

As for Goozex's model, I think one potential problem with importing their manual policy wholesale to gamestaq would be the negative impacts for the buyer looking for complete copies.
While buyers will range in whether they want manuals or not, there's no benefit or drawback for wanting complete games. For the sellers, however, the Goozex model doesn't offer any incentives for sellers to go through the extra hassle of sending complete copies.

Unless there's a price difference, sellers sending only disc games would get the same amount as sellers sending complete games. Buyers looking for complete games would be forced to wait on "generous" sellers who go above and beyond the market. Instead, perhaps gamestaq could offer different prices as incentives to sellers to ship complete games.[/QUOTE]

Actually, pretty much 99% of the games we have been receiving so far have been in great condition with manual included.
We'll keep monitoring that over the next week or so, and if things keep up this way we'll probably end up requiring manuals.

Re the Goozex model.
You're 100%. We cant just import their model on top of ours without some tweaking.
We're going to have to get into it here and review how we can include a tiered model into our site based on quality (game box, manuals, etc).
To keep things simple for now, it looks like we may end up requiring manuals at the price listed. We'll know more next week.

Thanks again.
Your posts are helpful and inspiring.

[quote name='Taboner']Now I just love how the site 'owners' just stopped posting...

I'm going to cancel everything.:/[/QUOTE]

You canceled your order because the site owner didn't respond for 20 minutes? Ever consider maybe he was eating?

Just checked the site out and it seems to be pretty good. Nice website layout as well!

I was wondering if you guys are considering taking in "Limited Editions" of games with a slightly higher buy/sell prices in the future. I understand expanding the number of games available must be the top priority at the moment, but knowing that it is on the table would be sweet.

Keep up the good work and I'm hoping to give it a shot in the next couple of days.

I think manuals should be mandatory. I may rarely, if ever reference them but its kind of a part of the package imo. I know all the games i have ever bought and or traded in have had manuals. Its pretty hard to actually lose a manual. I don't think its too much to ask that it be included.

[quote name='Taboner']lol I didnt[/QUOTE]

So you're not a scumbag after all!! lol

what part of NYC you in?
I'm usually midtown. From bklyn.

[quote name='bobnaj']I think manuals should be mandatory. I may rarely, if ever reference them but its kind of a part of the package imo. I know all the games i have ever bought and or traded in have had manuals. Its pretty hard to actually lose a manual. I don't think its too much to ask that it be included.[/QUOTE]

I think you guys are right.
Going to bring it up tomorrow on our end and see what we can do.

I think you guys should deduct $ for what is missing like eStarland.com does and they are quite successful.

And when will I be payed:D?

[quote name='Taboner']I think you guys should deduct $ for what is missing like eStarland.com does and they are quite successful.

And when will I be payed:D?[/QUOTE]

Within 24 hours of when you placed your order.

[quote name='Taboner']Oh sorry I thought it would be soon since he said he was coming back from work.[/QUOTE]

That means you have to wait till he goes back to work, lmao.

[quote name='flooty333']Wanna meet up at starbucks tomorrow and we can exchange there? ;-)[/QUOTE]

oh, you shady new yawkers...

on a more serious note, should we start a new thread to talk about gamestaq and any upcoming changes/announcements? this thread seems to have gotten a little off topic

[quote name='aylien']oh, you shady new yawkers...

on a more serious note, should we start a new thread to talk about gamestaq and any upcoming changes/announcements? this thread seems to have gotten a little off topic[/QUOTE]

We aint all that bad... we're actually alot of freakin fun!

A new thread could be beneficial... but as an owner of the site Im not allowed to promote. So its totally up to you guys.
Ill be around to answer any questions.

LOL. You guys crack me up.
How many of you guys/gals are in NYC? Maybe we can get together to discuss gaming... and drink some Staqbuck coffee.

Taboner - checked up on your order. Your doh is being transferred verrrryy sooooon. Hope you can hold out!

Yeah I was reading the FAQ and was wondering what do you mean by instant cash for sellers and stock for buyers?

Does this have anything to do with why Red Faction is so cheap?

This site looks to be the trading site I have always dreamed of.

I am eyeing that Boom Blox BP for $18.

BTW, I love the How Big is Your Staq feature. *Has biggest stack out of 5 users so far* :D

It's a great concept, but I am not fond of paying another commission to Paypal, on top of the commission to the site itself. There is a lot of flip potential until you factor in all of the commissions and then it's a break even. I'd consider it to flip my GS & BBV credit for cash though. Are there any limitations to the quantity of titles trades in, or duplicates?

[quote name='converse']It's a great concept, but I am not fond of paying another commission to Paypal, on top of the commission to the site itself. There is a lot of flip potential until you factor in all of the commissions and then it's a break even. I'd consider it to flip my GS & BBV credit for cash though. Are there any limitations to the quantity of titles trades in, or duplicates?[/QUOTE]
The site is currently in beta so you can only trade in 2 games per order, they can be the same game though. Once you send your games in you can place a new order.

[quote name='Taboner']:O

LMAO

How'd you know? I go to Starbucks everyday haha.[/QUOTE]

;) Cuz I also go to Starbucks everyday.

[quote name='serenitygod']is this site only for people in NY?[/QUOTE]

LOL - sorry didnt mean to alienate anybody.
You're more than welcome to join us... but transportation is NOT on the house.

[quote name='serenitygod']Yeah I was reading the FAQ and was wondering what do you mean by instant cash for sellers and stock for buyers?

Does this have anything to do with why Red Faction is so cheap?[/QUOTE]

During beta any games that are listed to buy/sell on the site, we are guaranteeing in stock for buyers, and instant cash for sellers... no need to wait for a buy to come buy or a seller to offer... instant gratification.

[quote name='converse']It's a great concept, but I am not fond of paying another commission to Paypal, on top of the commission to the site itself. There is a lot of flip potential until you factor in all of the commissions and then it's a break even. I'd consider it to flip my GS & BBV credit for cash though. Are there any limitations to the quantity of titles trades in, or duplicates?[/QUOTE]

Actually - when you sell a game, since we dont make payment from a CC, there arent any paypal fees.

[quote name='adawg555']This site looks to be the trading site I have always dreamed of.

I am eyeing that Boom Blox BP for $18.

BTW, I love the How Big is Your Staq feature. *Has biggest stack out of 5 users so far* :D[/QUOTE]

Staq Size Matters! :cool:

Please allow me to introduce you to the edit button, conveniently located at the bottom right of your posts. This way, you don't have to have 5 posts in a row. Otherwise, one might get the impression are looking for a cheesy way to continually bump your self-promoting thread. Thanks.

I was just charged $66 for the items I was selling. WTF??? Now I got an overdraft fee goddammit. What the hell is happening? Am I going to be getting my $66 back of what I was charged, plus another $66 for my games or what?

Last edited by a moderator:
i bought infamous for 38$ shipped and used on ebay with the drakes code. 3 weeks later i sold it for 38$, minus shipping and paypal fee it cost me 6.25$ to play the game,

muahahahaa.

[quote name='etschell']i bought infamous for 38$ shipped and used on ebay with the drakes code. 3 weeks later i sold it for 38$, minus shipping and paypal fee it cost me 6.25$ to play the game,

muahahahaa.[/QUOTE]

3 week rental, not bad

Got my money guys:)

edit:

oh and by the way, I just sold my copy of WaW:D I need my new pair of sneakers. thank the lord for paypal debit.

Just to comment on the manual discussions, I personally hardly ever buy a used game if it doesn't come with a original box and manual. It would be good to know that when its being sold through this site that it comes complete.

Ok what the fuck. I sold a game and got my payment last night and now I checked my statement online:

Picture2-3.png

WHY. I have close to no balance left. I used my debit card as verification. They charged me for no reason even though I sold a game!

[quote name='Taboner']Ok what the fuck. I sold a game and got my payment last night and now I checked my statement online:

Picture2-3.png

WHY. I have close to no balance left. I used my debit card as verification. They charged me for no reason even though I sold a game![/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. This was the response.

The below amount is not a charge, its just a authorization to your card to protect against any fraudulent transactions.
The authorization will automatically be released from your card within a couple days.

And unluckily for me, I had $66 worth of trades and $50 on it so I got an overdraft fee.
But just give it some time.

Guys - sorry for the confusion. We're working on better system to protect against scammers, so that we wont need to authorize CC's anymore.

For the time being we are disabling this part of the system, and will be doing CC checks manually which will not authorize.

[quote name='flooty333']Guys - sorry for the confusion. We're working on better system to protect against scammers, so that we wont need to authorize CC's anymore.

For the time being we are disabling this part of the system, and will be doing CC checks manually which will not authorize.[/QUOTE]

Also just wondering when I could expect the money lol?
I want to wait until I get it until I send. Sorry if I sound impatient.

[quote name='chucknorrisisabeast']Also just wondering when I could expect the money lol?
I want to wait until I get it until I send. Sorry if I sound impatient.[/QUOTE]

What's your order #? Ill check it out for ya.

bread's done
Back