Buy or Sell inFamous - $35, and MORE @ Gamestaq

The problem with sending it as "Personal" or as a gift is that you can't file a claim to the money, IE: not retractable.

So if GameStaq pays first, and they don't get the game from you, they got screwed.

In all honesty Gamestaq should pay second anyway to avoid trouble. Just have people send the game, as soon as Gamestaq processes they can send the money once the goods are confirmed. There is no other trade site that pays first, not Amazon, or Gamefly, or any of the big trade sites. This would help Gamestaq fend off the abusers, and it could be used to avoid paypal fees.

If they did not want to make it mandatory it could at least be an option. I am fine waiting a week to get my money if it is fee free from paypal.

Also, to the Gamestaq guy.

I hope you guys will add brand new games quickly after they come out. For instance, Wolfenstein comes out the 18th and depending I could want to sell by say the end of the month. It would be cool to have it on Gamestaq for like $45 or $50 since it will be a very new game. Gamestop will be moving copies at $55, so even at $45 it is still a great deal to buyer and seller, and probably the lowest price around for a buyer while being on par with what one could get on eBay.

My biggest concern with Gamestaq is that there's no shipping address on the paypal transaction. We're all screwed if they ever decide to file a claim with paypal. No seller protection and no proof of delivery anyway.

yoda - i plan on sending a couple madden 10s in if they have the right price at launch. It's tough to say though. But there are plenty of people with access to release games right away.

[quote name='RedGamer']The problem with sending it as "Personal" or as a gift is that you can't file a claim to the money, IE: not retractable.

So if GameStaq pays first, and they don't get the game from you, they got screwed.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='yodagonemad']In all honesty Gamestaq should pay second anyway to avoid trouble. Just have people send the game, as soon as Gamestaq processes they can send the money once the goods are confirmed. There is no other trade site that pays first, not Amazon, or Gamefly, or any of the big trade sites. This would help Gamestaq fend off the abusers, and it could be used to avoid paypal fees.

If they did not want to make it mandatory it could at least be an option. I am fine waiting a week to get my money if it is fee free from paypal.[/QUOTE]

Guys - we're gonna give Personal payments a try for a short period and see how things go.
We do take and check all sellers' credit card information for exactly that reason, protection.

Re payments.
We want Gamestaq to be known for "instant gratification", just as if you would walk into a Gamestop.
So we'll be continuing with quick, in advance payments.

[quote name='sbaker44']When you guys send paypal funds, how are they sent? I think if you send them as a gift the person receiving can avoid paypal fees. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

For the 2 payments that I received from Gamestaq so far, Paypal never charged me any fee.

I received my payment in a few hours today! Super fast. AND FINALLY NO FEES! This site is doing some top-notch work. I have already sold 6 or 7 games to them and will continue to do so. I highly recommend them.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']I received my payment in a few hours today! Super fast. AND FINALLY NO FEES! This site is doing some top-notch work. I have already sold 6 or 7 games to them and will continue to do so. I highly recommend them.[/QUOTE]

So, when will we have the honor of you BUYING a game? ;)

How long is the usual wait to receive the "shipped" confirmation? I placed an order Thursday evening. Just curious...

[quote name='flooty333']So, when will we have the honor of you BUYING a game? ;)[/QUOTE]

Actually, I would love to buy about 5 games from you, but my wife prefers selling over buying. :cry:

On a side note, when are you going to update price/games on your site today?

[quote name='gi60']For the 2 payments that I received from Gamestaq so far, Paypal never charged me any fee.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got two payments today with no fees. I could get used to this. Thanks.

I also sold and got a payment with no fees, very awesome.

I guess that games with sell grayed out are ones you have enough of? Was thinking of also selling L4D, but today it is not accepting more sales.

Will probably try buying in the next few days, but so far I think this is the best used game service I have used.

Here's my performance review of Gamestaq:

Though far from flawless in terms of communication and packing materials (no bubble mailer, really?) I did receive Little King's Story (mint condition!) for the most competitive value anywhere (that I know of) in a relatively decent time frame. I will definitely consider buying from them again in the future, especially if they get some more Fallout 3's in for the 360.

Flooty, Your Fallout 3 pricing is a little bit on the low side. It still sell close to $ 40 on Ebay, Amazon is giving $ 24.25 (+ $ 30 coupon for every $60) and GS is 22.25 (30 after bonus). I'll sell mine if you up the price. :)

[quote name='flooty333']So, when will we have the honor of you BUYING a game? ;)[/QUOTE]

I realize it wasn't addressed to me but I'd buy a game if I could be guaranteed of completeness. If I wanted no cover or manual, I'd go to Gamestop. ANd well, I'd never go to gamestop.

[quote name='gi60']Flooty, Your Fallout 3 pricing is a little bit on the low side. It still sell close to $ 40 on Ebay, Amazon is giving $ 24.25 (+ $ 30 coupon for every $60) and GS is 22.25 (30 after bonus). I'll sell mine if you up the price. :)[/QUOTE]

FYI - Fallout 3 pricing has been updated!
X360 - $32
PS3 - $28

In for another game, my first game I bought came through so I am going to buy another. Will make more purchases in the future.

My only complaint is that the box was slightly damaged when it came in. However the disc was in good condition. Came with a manual as well. =)

[quote name='flooty333']FYI - Fallout 3 pricing has been updated!
X360 - $32
PS3 - $28[/QUOTE]

Nice.. I just submitted a sell order for Fallout 3 and Halo 3.. so I'll send it once the Paypal money is in.

This will be my 3rd trade to you.. Thanks.

[quote name='philliesfan']great price to buy Madden 10 but it's a little low on the sell side.[/QUOTE]

Still better then what Gamestop and Amazon will give.

hey flooty will i get an update to my account when gamestaq receives my games? i know they arrived cause i got delivery confo. but i just want to know if you guys let us know that they arrived or only do if they dont..

I'm not at all happy with the customer service I've received using this service in the past week. I've had two orders canceled, the first was pending for 5 days and I sent a number of emails to customer service about it, and I guess there is a limit of selling more than 2 copies of the same game at a time. Then one of my canceled orders was for a game that was no longer a buy option.

I have the best of intentions to try this site out, but it's not working out for me yet. I'm hoping my resubmissions go more smoothly and I can finally see if this site is legit or if I've given my credit card number to an online scam.

Flooty, you should probably make it more visible on the site that you cannot sell more than 2 copies of the same title during BETA. I have yet to see it anywhere in the FAQ's and I was not prompted for any errors when I originally submitted both of my orders. I hope this is not a "we make the rules up as we go" situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mixed_harmony']hey flooty will i get an update to my account when gamestaq receives my games? i know they arrived cause i got delivery confo. but i just want to know if you guys let us know that they arrived or only do if they dont..[/QUOTE]

Yes - in your profile, under the My Orders tab, the status will get changed to Received once it is processed in our system.
What's your order #?
Thanks again

Now I get my resubmissions canceled stating that you are not allowed to sell more than 2 games total during BETA. So much for that, I'm done. I hope you guys have better luck than I did with this.

[quote name='converse']Now I get my resubmissions canceled stating that you are not allowed to sell more than 2 games total during BETA. So much for that, I'm done. I hope you guys have better luck than I did with this.[/QUOTE]

Have you not read any of the posts in this thread? There are plenty of members that haven't had issues buying & selling from these guys. Yes they have some issues but they're just starting out so cut them some slack as they are still figuring things out. You're right that the 2 sell-back limit should be in their FAQ but I don't see why you're getting upset at something you've already learned to be true.

After using the site and referring several others I have a few more suggestions. I give this as advice from someone with experience in online sales. I don't mean to tell you what to do, but I can assure you my advice is solid and works. I hope you will not be offended, and will instead think about what I suggest and seriously consider implementing some of it. I write this because I want Gamestaq to succeed so I have an alternative to eBay.

First suggestion, add delivery confirmation to shipments, and if needed raise the shipping to $3. People like round numbers anyway, and for $3 you should be able to add delivery confirmation which people also like. Plus, once you move to person to person delivery confirmation is 100% essential.

Second suggestion, move to all inclusive pricing. Instead of having one price for both buy and sell with fees tacked on later, stack the buy and sell buttons and have their individual prices beside them. Make these prices all inclusive. For example, a $35 game would have the buy button with $40 next to it ($35 + $2 fee + $3 shipping) and below it would have the sell button with $33 beside it. This way anyone can open the site and see right then exactly how much they will pay to buy it and have it at their door, or exactly how much they will get in their paypal if they sell. I showed 3 of my friends this site and all of them disliked the fact that there are fees added later, even if these fees are fair. Basically, making it one price makes it both easier, and more prone to impulse buying. If I see it is $40, and I go to buy and it is $40 total to my house I will just do it. If I see it is $35, and go to buy and then the fee is added (while fair), and shipping is added, maybe I think twice and lose interest. Plus, by adding those fees later you are forced to explain why they are there, and what the customer is getting. The less a customer has to think about the better you will do. This is why on eBay almost everyone does a single price with free shipping, and why sites like Amazon offer free shipping. People like seeing a single price and paying that price to get the item to their door. Even if it is technically not cheaper, it is easier to swallow one price rather than a price with 2 fees.

Third, pricing is a bit erratic, some seem fine, others a bit silly. My suggestion is to aim for brand new games like Madden 10 to be $50 shipped with fee (so total price if you switch to a one price system). That means the seller gets $43, which is still perhaps a tiny bit lower than eBay, but fair and better than any other trade stores. The buyer also gets the game for $5 less than anywhere, and it is tax free so that makes it even better. On the other end, Prince or Persia is really too high. Even though it is a newer game its market value has tanked. I noticed it was originally listed for $14, which was pretty good. At $17 + fee and shipping no one is going to buy it. You can get is used online from a website for $16 shipped, and off eBay for closer to $14. You can get it brand new for $25.

Finally, I am sure you guys are working on this, but for your own survival you probably need to get the person to person system up ASAP. Your system won't work long term with you guys playing middleman (paying shipping twice, plus having to front the cash to buy copies which may or may not sell for the price you buy them for). Additionally, you cannot predict supply and demand so you will end up with too many of one game and not enough of another. It should not be hard to get person to person up fast. Simply add a seller list, so when someone wants to sell they get added to this list. You will have to insure your sellers are still active, so you want to implement an activity system and if it was me I would send every seller an email every week to which they had to respond to remain on the list. All that can be automatic, and the seller response simply be a link that will change their status in the database. Once you have the seller list with activity monitoring setup you are basically all set. When a buy order comes in they enter their credit card and everything just like now. You contact guy number 1 on the seller list (the seller who has been on the list the longest obviously) asking if he still has the game and wishes to sell at the current price. I would make this email use links also, so all the seller has to do is click a yes button or no button to respond. If yes, buyer is charged, seller is sent shipping label with buyers address and payment, transaction over. If no, you knock that seller off the list, and move to next seller. Biggest challenge will be deciding how long to wait for a seller response. Too long and you annoy the buyer, too short and the seller does not have time to respond. I would tend to make it a pretty short window, say 6 hours, and then send to the next seller. However, you can still make it so the first one can accept, so in this way the sellers who have waited longest get first priority, but the system also moves along. Also, just because a seller fails to respond he should not lose his spot in line unless he also fails the weekly activity email check. If he simply isn’t around to accept the sale but comes back later he should still retain his spot in line for the next sale.

That’s all I’ve got for now. Sorry about the long post, but I really like the idea of Gamestaq, and should you guys fail I may launch my own version of it using my ideas. But before I do that, I feel I should suggest them to you so that hopefully you succeed and make Gamestaq and success. Also, I apologize for any typos or grammatical errors; I just do not feel like proofreading all of this.

[quote name='Steve0Matic']Have you not read any of the posts in this thread? There are plenty of members that haven't had issues buying & selling from these guys. Yes they have some issues but they're just starting out so cut them some slack as they are still figuring things out. You're right that the 2 sell-back limit should be in their FAQ but I don't see why you're getting upset at something you've already learned to be true.[/QUOTE]

If I'm providing my credit card as a guarantor against the games, then I don't see why the 2 game limit for buyback is necessary. I'm just very frustrated with the way that the customer service has responded and I'm sharing my story. Every email I get seems to be changing the criteria, first it was a max of 2 copies of the same title, then suddenly it switched to a max of 2 titles in total. I can have a little patience with a new company trying things out, but when they sit on orders for days on end, don't reply to concerns, and then flat out cancel orders with "new" rules it's not encouraging. As I said, I hope everyone has better experiences than I have had.

[quote name='Steve0Matic']Have you not read any of the posts in this thread? There are plenty of members that haven't had issues buying & selling from these guys. Yes they have some issues but they're just starting out so cut them some slack as they are still figuring things out. You're right that the 2 sell-back limit should be in their FAQ but I don't see why you're getting upset at something you've already learned to be true.[/QUOTE]

I've been following this thread since it's inception, that's why I decided to give it a try, so don't try putting false claims against me.

If I'm providing my credit card as a guarantor against the games, then I don't see why the 2 game limit for buyback is necessary. I'm just very frustrated with the way that the customer service has responded and I'm sharing my story.

Every email I get seems to be changing the criteria, first it was a max of 2 copies of the same title, then suddenly it switched to a max of 2 titles in total. I can have a little patience with a new company trying things out, but when they sit on orders for days on end, don't reply to concerns, and then flat out cancel orders with "new" rules it's not encouraging.

As I said, I hope everyone has better experiences than I have had.

I've been following this thread since it's inception, that's why I decided to give it a try, so don't try putting false claims on me.

If I'm providing my credit card as a guarantor against the games, then I don't see why the 2 game limit for buyback is necessary. I'm just very frustrated with the way that the customer service has responded and I'm sharing my story.

Every email I get seems to be changing the criteria, first it was a max of 2 copies of the same title, then suddenly it switched to a max of 2 titles in total. I can have a little patience with a new company trying things out, but when they sit on orders for days on end, don't reply to concerns, and then flat out cancel orders with "new" rules it's not encouraging.

As I said, I hope everyone has better experiences than I have had. I love the concept, but the execution needs a lot of work.

[quote name='flooty333']Yes - in your profile, under the My Orders tab, the status will get changed to Received once it is processed in our system.
What's your order #?
Thanks again[/QUOTE]

my order # is 300000070 . im just waiting for these games to be confirmed as received so i can send out another batch.

[quote name='yodagonemad']After using the site and referring several others I have a few more suggestions. I give this as advice from someone with experience in online sales. I don't mean to tell you what to do, but I can assure you my advice is solid and works. I hope you will not be offended, and will instead think about what I suggest and seriously consider implementing some of it. I write this because I want Gamestaq to succeed so I have an alternative to eBay.

First suggestion, add delivery confirmation to shipments, and if needed raise the shipping to $3. People like round numbers anyway, and for $3 you should be able to add delivery confirmation which people also like. Plus, once you move to person to person delivery confirmation is 100% essential.

Second suggestion, move to all inclusive pricing. Instead of having one price for both buy and sell with fees tacked on later, stack the buy and sell buttons and have their individual prices beside them. Make these prices all inclusive. For example, a $35 game would have the buy button with $40 next to it ($35 + $2 fee + $3 shipping) and below it would have the sell button with $33 beside it. This way anyone can open the site and see right then exactly how much they will pay to buy it and have it at their door, or exactly how much they will get in their paypal if they sell. I showed 3 of my friends this site and all of them disliked the fact that there are fees added later, even if these fees are fair. Basically, making it one price makes it both easier, and more prone to impulse buying. If I see it is $40, and I go to buy and it is $40 total to my house I will just do it. If I see it is $35, and go to buy and then the fee is added (while fair), and shipping is added, maybe I think twice and lose interest. Plus, by adding those fees later you are forced to explain why they are there, and what the customer is getting. The less a customer has to think about the better you will do. This is why on eBay almost everyone does a single price with free shipping, and why sites like Amazon offer free shipping. People like seeing a single price and paying that price to get the item to their door. Even if it is technically not cheaper, it is easier to swallow one price rather than a price with 2 fees.

Third, pricing is a bit erratic, some seem fine, others a bit silly. My suggestion is to aim for brand new games like Madden 10 to be $50 shipped with fee (so total price if you switch to a one price system). That means the seller gets $43, which is still perhaps a tiny bit lower than eBay, but fair and better than any other trade stores. The buyer also gets the game for $5 less than anywhere, and it is tax free so that makes it even better. On the other end, Prince or Persia is really too high. Even though it is a newer game its market value has tanked. I noticed it was originally listed for $14, which was pretty good. At $17 + fee and shipping no one is going to buy it. You can get is used online from a website for $16 shipped, and off eBay for closer to $14. You can get it brand new for $25.

Finally, I am sure you guys are working on this, but for your own survival you probably need to get the person to person system up ASAP. Your system won't work long term with you guys playing middleman (paying shipping twice, plus having to front the cash to buy copies which may or may not sell for the price you buy them for). Additionally, you cannot predict supply and demand so you will end up with too many of one game and not enough of another. It should not be hard to get person to person up fast. Simply add a seller list, so when someone wants to sell they get added to this list. You will have to insure your sellers are still active, so you want to implement an activity system and if it was me I would send every seller an email every week to which they had to respond to remain on the list. All that can be automatic, and the seller response simply be a link that will change their status in the database. Once you have the seller list with activity monitoring setup you are basically all set. When a buy order comes in they enter their credit card and everything just like now. You contact guy number 1 on the seller list (the seller who has been on the list the longest obviously) asking if he still has the game and wishes to sell at the current price. I would make this email use links also, so all the seller has to do is click a yes button or no button to respond. If yes, buyer is charged, seller is sent shipping label with buyers address and payment, transaction over. If no, you knock that seller off the list, and move to next seller. Biggest challenge will be deciding how long to wait for a seller response. Too long and you annoy the buyer, too short and the seller does not have time to respond. I would tend to make it a pretty short window, say 6 hours, and then send to the next seller. However, you can still make it so the first one can accept, so in this way the sellers who have waited longest get first priority, but the system also moves along. Also, just because a seller fails to respond he should not lose his spot in line unless he also fails the weekly activity email check. If he simply isn’t around to accept the sale but comes back later he should still retain his spot in line for the next sale.

That’s all I’ve got for now. Sorry about the long post, but I really like the idea of Gamestaq, and should you guys fail I may launch my own version of it using my ideas. But before I do that, I feel I should suggest them to you so that hopefully you succeed and make Gamestaq and success. Also, I apologize for any typos or grammatical errors; I just do not feel like proofreading all of this.[/QUOTE]

Wow - reading and re-reading, digesting....

[quote name='yodagonemad']After using the site and referring several others I have a few more suggestions. I give this as advice from someone with experience in online sales. I don't mean to tell you what to do, but I can assure you my advice is solid and works. I hope you will not be offended, and will instead think about what I suggest and seriously consider implementing some of it. I write this because I want Gamestaq to succeed so I have an alternative to eBay.

That’s all I’ve got for now. Sorry about the long post, but I really like the idea of Gamestaq, and should you guys fail I may launch my own version of it using my ideas. But before I do that, I feel I should suggest them to you so that hopefully you succeed and make Gamestaq and success. Also, I apologize for any typos or grammatical errors; I just do not feel like proofreading all of this.[/QUOTE]

Oh wise Yoda... u do live up to your handle, as I feel very much like Luke right about now.
(does that mean I get a light-saber!)

We have big ideas and plans for Gamestaq.
Public profiles, social features, and others.
But of course our main goal right now is to get peer to peer transactions up and running efficiently. The obvious issue with starting a P2P marketplace is building up a community of users to do the trading (chicken and the egg). There can be a buyer, but no seller... or a seller but no buyer... and the site just never moves anywhere because there is no community base.
So we are now working hard to build that much needed community to kinda jump start things.

We do currently have delivery confirmation for all buyers' packages.
When their game is shipped out, they get an email confirmation with the USPS tracking #.

We respect and appreciate all of your advice, and i hope we can talk in more detail over PM.

I would be happy to talk with you and share ideas. You may feel free to PM me anytime, and if I think of any more suggestions I will send them your way. I certainly do not profess to be correct on everything, or to have all the answers. Some of my ideas may not work, or they may not fit your plan. I am not trying to come across as a know-it-all or tell you how to run your business. Most of all, if you want me to stop giving suggestions just let me know. I can certainly understand if you want to just be left alone to develop the site without someone over your shoulder.

As for the peer transactions, in my experience the seller is the most important aspect. As I outlined in my other post if you get a way for sellers to queue up and say that they have a game for sale you most of the way to success. The rest of the battle is insuring that your sellers are still active, and still have the game for sale. You will get people who sign up, forget about it, and never return. If you have sales lists full of these people the site stalls up (I had this happen on one of my sites, often as many as 5 sellers, not a single one who would respond). I think the activity monitoring is essential, and with a little coding everything can be setup automatically.

Anyway, my whole getting the P2P up and running suggestion came from the fact that you now have some games disabled for selling. I was planning to sell one of these games and now find myself unable to. In addition, I am unable to tell when or if the selling will be enabled. I found myself wishing I could put my name on a list, saying I have that game for sale, and once the game sells enough copies eventually a buyer should be sent my way to buy the game. I think those games for which you have disabled selling offer a great opportunity to test the P2P systems before larger roll-out. In my opinion the first step would be to roll out a seller queue system and activity monitor for those games which you are currently not buying anymore copies.

Using the same coding and systems I think a buyer queue system would also be beneficial. For instance, you currently are not allowing anyone to buy Madden 2010 or Fallout 3. Now say I want to buy Madden 2010, but I just have no way of knowing when a copy becomes available. And the game could become available and be sold without me ever knowing it. Therefore, rather than mess with Gamestaq maybe I just decide to order it elsewhere. Thus the same queue system can benefit buyers as well. If I know I want Madden 10, or Wolfenstein, or some other new release I can enter all my info and essentially pre-order a copy and get on the list to buy one. This way I know as soon as one is available and I am #1 on the list the game is automatically charged and shipped to my door. With that knowledge I would probably be happy to wait to get the game, because I know that when a copy is available I will get it. The other nice thing about a buyer queue is you do not have to implement the activity monitoring. The buyer will already have given their information to place the order and get on the list, so even if they stop checking their email when their names comes up you can still charge their card and send them the game. Obviously you want to make it easy to cancel these buyer pre-orders so people don’t end up with games they do not want anymore, but other than that they are nothing but positive.

As I said before, the less the customer has to do the better. So rather than check back over and over to see if you have a game is available for buy or sell, the customer can just sign up to buy or sell a title and will be automatically alerted when it happens.

If you implement both queue systems you have already essentially won the supply and demand battle. If there are a wealth of buyers and no sellers you have a list of those who want a copy and offer these games in an instant cash section of the site to show sellers that they can sell and get cash instantly. If there are a wealth of sellers and fewer buyers you can offer the game in the available now section to show buyers the title is available for immediate shipment. I notice you already have these sort of areas setup to show which games the site really wants to buy or sell, so integrating it into the queue system should be easy.

I understand what you are saying about jump starting the community. Certainly, what you have done and continue to do is very helpful. It gives the site credibility and happy customers. However, in my opinion you should take this momentum and start rolling out the P2P systems even in a limited fashion right away.

Anyway, I have probably rambled on enough. I hope I am being helpful and not just repeating what you guys already have planned. All I am doing is telling you how I would do it, right or wrong.

What the fuck. I missed out on Madden 10 too? :/ Getting more?

Meh. Whatever I'll get Madden whenever everything cools down in September.

@taboner. Lol. Relax we only put Madden 10 up for people to sell. Once we get a couple sellers we can open up the buy side.

@philliesfan. It's 2 at a time. You can keep selling after the 1st order is complete.

[quote name='flooty333']

@philliesfan. It's 2 at a time. You can keep selling after the 1st order is complete.[/QUOTE]

So 1 order at a time and 2 games per order?

Guys - we received a big shipment of games late yesterday. Processing them tonight.
Right now the system is setup so you will see the status of the order say "Received" in your "My Orders" section... but we can add email confirmations if you guys would like that.
Will work on that on Monday.

There's a number of great flips to this site if you have the patience of submitting two games at a time, waiting, and repeating. Not to mention the patience of processing time.

Wii Wario-Land for $20 @ BBV, sell for $30
Wii Mario & Sonic at the Olympics for $15 @ BBV, sell for $28
360 Guitar Hero Metallica for $20 @ Family Video, sell for $32
Wii Mario Super Sluggers for $5 from recent deal @ HWV, sell for $28
360/PS3 Grand Theft Auto $5 from recent deal @ HWV, sell for $20
360 Gears of War 2 $5 from recent deal @ HWV, sell for $25

flooty... my 2nd order is already "paid n received", the 3rd order (3xxx103) is still pending.. so just let me know whenever it's ready, so I can send it out. thx.

bread's done
Back