Buy or Sell inFamous - $35, and MORE @ Gamestaq

[quote name='flooty333']Hey Pajo - ur order shipped out today.
Check your email soon for the tracking #. Thanks again![/QUOTE]

thanks again
needless to say I was happy when I came from a long day's work and saw that email

[quote name='Outinthedark']Any chance early sellers can be reimbursed...?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Taboner']Are you sure flooty? PayPal took $1.11 from $28. They take fess from every payment that isn't personal I believe.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shiftymcneely']My payment from you guys on the 26th and on the 29th had fees taken out from Paypal.[/QUOTE]

Guys - Gonna check on the Paypal fees policy again tomorrow, and get back to you.

[quote name='elessar123']Quick question, why isn't :ps3:Guitar Hero Metallica available for buy/sell? The other console versions are there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Will get that up there for ya on the next game update... early next week.

So wait, in addition to being charged a fee for selling on the site, you also get fees taken out when being payed on Paypal?

[quote name='lolwut?']So wait, in addition to being charged a fee for selling on the site, you also get fees taken out when being payed on Paypal?[/QUOTE]

Seriously a $1 or 2 aint nothing to sell on the site but yes the Paypal fees hopefully seem to be getting taken care of as you can read above.

This thread seems popular, I checked out the website and it seems very cool. I haven't read all 11 pages since it's late and I'm rather tired, I only skimmed through the last few. Since it seems one of the owners is watching this thread Id like to make a simple suggestion (assuming it hasn't already been mentioned).

It's inevitable that a game might run out of stock one day.. maybe add in a "Notify me" feature for that? Just ignore me if it already exists, I didn't notice it if so.

[quote name='Outinthedark']Seriously a $1 or 2 aint nothing to sell on the site but yes the Paypal fees hopefully seem to be getting taken care of as you can read above.[/QUOTE]

1 or 2 isn't bad, but when even PayPal is taking a cut, it makes me steer clear. I've got some games I'm probably going to trade in to Amazon to get CoD:MW2 for *free*, but I figured I'd check this out first as I'd like cash more than credit.

[quote name='SWise']This thread seems popular, I checked out the website and it seems very cool. I haven't read all 11 pages since it's late and I'm rather tired, I only skimmed through the last few. Since it seems one of the owners is watching this thread Id like to make a simple suggestion (assuming it hasn't already been mentioned).

It's inevitable that a game might run out of stock one day.. maybe add in a "Notify me" feature for that? Just ignore me if it already exists, I didn't notice it if so.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the thread! :lol:
Thanks for your suggestion. Its definitely something we have on our "list of features" that we are working on adding in the near future.
And... it wasnt mentioned in the thread yet! ;-)

I have a bunch of questions regarding different versions of games, namely region free/import games.

#1: Do you allow the buying/selling of import/region free games?
#2: If so, do you clearly state that the games up for sale may be a different version?
#3: If not, do you verify which version of a particular game has been traded in/sold to you?

I ask because I know that the European version of Little Big Planet was $20 on many sites and many import titles look pretty similar to their domestic counterparts.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I have a bunch of questions regarding different versions of games, namely region free/import games.

#1: Do you allow the buying/selling of import/region free games?
#2: If so, do you clearly state that the games up for sale may be a different version?
#3: If not, do you verify which version of a particular game has been traded in/sold to you?

I ask because I know that the European version of Little Big Planet was $20 on many sites and many import titles look pretty similar to their domestic counterparts.[/QUOTE]

Hey, Just to quickly answer your questions:
1) All games must be USA versions for now.
3) Yup!

^OK.. I got the payment for 2 games. Thanks.

However, on my order page at gamestaq, it still showing 3 games instead of 2 games. I just want to make sure that you or whoever receive the game is not expecting 3 games.

And can I still use the same Postage label since I don't see an option to reprint. thx.

[quote name='gi60']^OK.. I got the payment for 2 games. Thanks.

However, on my order page at gamestaq, it still showing 3 games instead of 2 games. I just want to make sure that you or whoever receive the game is not expecting 3 games.

And can I still use the same Postage label since I don't see an option to reprint. thx.[/QUOTE]

Yeh, we're aware.
Use the same label. Its also at the bottom of the email confirmation we sent you.
You're all set to go!

Hey dude I shipped my item out this morning and I am still waiting for my money in paypal. Can u do something about it? here is my order # 300000049

[quote name='kart007k']Hey dude I shipped my item out this morning and I am still waiting for my money in paypal. Can u do something about it? here is my order # 300000049[/QUOTE]

Yo - was gonna bust some heads by the order processing guys, but checked on your account and looks like they're waiting to receive the 1st 2 games you sent out before sending your next paypal payment.
We process the games the same day we receive them, so once USPS delivers them to us your paypal payment will go out that night.

Thanks again!

Great idea, interested in buying a few games but don't wanna risk not getting manuals. Maybe later when it's required.

*edit: and no offense, what's with all these impatient people :p

I really enjoy your site. I think you might want to say that you get paid within 48 hours. Since it has been over 24 hours for me each time I sold some games. It might cut down on the "I didn't get paid" comments.

[quote name='flooty333']Yo - was gonna bust some heads by the order processing guys, but checked on your account and looks like they're waiting to receive the 1st 2 games you sent out before sending your next paypal payment.
We process the games the same day we receive them, so once USPS delivers them to us your paypal payment will go out that night.

Thanks again![/QUOTE]

okay that's fine then

This is my first post though I've been prowling here (in CAG) for a short time. Flooty, could you extend the library of trade in's to Super Mario Galaxy and Grand Turismo 5: Prologue? Thanks!

Also, just to tell all the fellow cag, paypal does charge fees when money is transferred in your paypal account.

Total Amount: $66.00 USD
Fee amount: -$2.21 USD
Net amount: $63.79 USD

This is not a deal killer, but I think that the game sellers should be aware of this, debit or not.

This seems awesome! I just sent in some games today! The value is incredible compared to what I would've received from GameStop!

I sent out a game today, let see how this goes and I'd like to see Resistance 2 added soon. Also when it comes to the printing label, the address part is a bit light, but I think it's readable.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kart007k']Also, just to tell all the fellow cag, paypal does charge fees when money is transferred in your paypal account.

Total Amount: $66.00 USD
Fee amount: -$2.21 USD
Net amount: $63.79 USD

This is not a deal killer, but I think that the game sellers should be aware of this, debit or not.[/QUOTE]
I did not get charged fees

uhhh...all of the "sort by" options are faulty as they are displaying only games of the 360 category when I select the ps3 tab :\

i know that the buyer really benefits from the transactions. I see chronicles of riddick sells and trades for 22. I still think thats too little for that game. Should get a ratio better than that.

This site makes me avoid to trade in some of my games. Jeez!

[quote name='wingw']Great idea, interested in buying a few games but don't wanna risk not getting manuals. Maybe later when it's required.

*edit: and no offense, what's with all these impatient people :p[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the good word!
Just to let you know, all the games we've received from sellers so far have manuals.
So you can feel free to order with confidence that you will receive a manual.
If you post/PM me your order #, ill check your order before it goes out to make sure the manual is included.

At the same time, we hope to change our policy to "Must Include Manual" in the coming week.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']I really enjoy your site. I think you might want to say that you get paid within 48 hours. Since it has been over 24 hours for me each time I sold some games. It might cut down on the "I didn't get paid" comments.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestions Shifty... You're 100% right.
We're going to change it this week.

[quote name='pram12']This is my first post though I've been prowling here (in CAG) for a short time. Flooty, could you extend the library of trade in's to Super Mario Galaxy and Grand Turismo 5: Prologue? Thanks![/QUOTE]

[quote name='SoulReaver']When are you going to expand the library of games?

Oh yeah, sending out my Halo 3 tomorrow, already got the paypal money.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ShadowEX']I sent out a game today, let see how this goes and I'd like to see Resistance 2 added soon. Also when it comes to the printing label, the address part is a bit light, but I think it's readable.[/QUOTE]

Guys - next game update will be early next week.
Mon/Tues.

[quote name='viksmart']uhhh...all of the "sort by" options are faulty as they are displaying only games of the 360 category when I select the ps3 tab :\[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reporting the bug.
Will get our techies on it asap.

[quote name='SoulProphet']i know that the buyer really benefits from the transactions. I see chronicles of riddick sells and trades for 22. I still think thats too little for that game. Should get a ratio better than that.

This site makes me avoid to trade in some of my games. Jeez![/QUOTE]

Riddick used on Gametstop is selling for $35... I havent checked, but that probably means they wont give you more than about $15 for it.

[quote name='flooty333']
Riddick used on Gametstop is selling for $35... I havent checked, but that probably means they wont give you more than about $15 for it.[/QUOTE]

$12 to be exact.

Flooty,

I placed an order for Fallout 3 for Xbox360 last Wednesday, but the status is still "processing". How long does it normally take for orders to be processed? My card has already been charged.

I only ask because that I noticed on Friday that the buy button was disabled on the 360 version of Fallout 3. Were you able to fill my order or are you waiting for more stock?

[quote name='flooty333']Guys - Gonna check on the Paypal fees policy again tomorrow, and get back to you.[/QUOTE]

Yea me to. They took out about 2.70 from my 66.00 total.

[quote name='Talonstryk']Flooty,

I placed an order for Fallout 3 for Xbox360 last Wednesday, but the status is still "processing". How long does it normally take for orders to be processed? My card has already been charged.

I only ask because that I noticed on Friday that the buy button was disabled on the 360 version of Fallout 3. Were you able to fill my order or are you waiting for more stock?[/QUOTE]

Hey - a lot of Fallout 3's were shipped out this morning.
You should have received a shipment confirmation email with tracking #.
Also, the status in your profile should be changed as well to Shipped.
Let me know if its still "processing".

Thanks!

Pretty cool idea. eBay has gotten ridiculous for selling games (15% Final Value Fee, plus the $0.30 + 2.9% paypal fees) This is a lot less fees than ebay, although I don't know how the values are comparing.

Don't have any of the games on the site though...

[quote name='playing mantis']Pretty cool idea. eBay has gotten ridiculous for selling games (15% Final Value Fee, plus the $0.30 + 2.9% paypal fees) This is a lot less fees than ebay, although I don't know how the values are comparing.[/QUOTE]
Someone mentioned Riddick: Dark Athena earlier, saying that $22 (minus $1 fee) was too low. Checking completed listings on eBay, it seems to go for about $20. Take off 15% and that's $17...

bread's done
Back