BzzAgent--- Free products to test out

I finally got a new survey to fill out. They were asking me how many people I knew that drove pickup trucks. Other than that, I haven't seen a survey or new products to test out for months and I'm a tier 3 bzzagent (dunno if that's considered high or not).

I got the pickup truck survey too (I'm also tier 3 of 4). Other than that, I realized I had forgotten to Bzz at all about my free cat food from months ago. I did one because that's all that happened and didnt care about any more. The site has ended up feeling like a burden. Unless something good comes soon, I'll just bump a few more things to MyPoints, cash out and be done with it.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Sad

Tell us why you opted out of this campaign:

"Cost, regular price of the supplements was over $500 for a 3 month supply?
I wouldn't feel comfortable even buzzing about a nutritional supplement that costs that much. I am also very uncomfortable sending in my DNA to a company I know little about.
The out of pocket cost for this campaign seems excessive (the MSRP seems outrageous) even for the most expensive vitamins and supplements are significantly less. A very sketchy campaign, as was game-wave. I recommend focus grouping these products beforehand inside the bzz community before you guys create an open campaign for them. I feel somewhat insulted by my last two invites. Keep up the good work."

$500 is about what we spend a month on groceries in our house, I wonder if you still need to eat food with these things?[/quote]
Actually the regular price for a three month supply of the supplements is about $270. The DNA test costs $270, which is where they get the $400 saving.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I've had a total of three campaigns offered to me. I got the Chili's Burger one, the electric razor , and then that quiz game.

[quote name='mguiddy']Actually the regular price for a three month supply of the supplements is about $250. The DNA test costs $300, which is where they get the $400 saving.[/quote]

Is that any more reasonible?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Is that any more reasonible?[/quote]
I didn't say it was reasonable, I was only stating the correct facts.
Which... I just had to correct. :oops:

Recently, I've rejected the GameWave (WHY, BzzAgent?) and the DNA thing. I agree with others; not too much into sending DNA to companies and paying high OOP costs for something I'd drop soon after the promo expired.

The best campaign I've received was around Nov '07 for the $130 Sonicare ProResults brush with UV Sanitizer. The last normal, free campaign I was involved in was the Stonyfield Yogurt campaign. 2005/2006 had the best variety of free campaigns in my experience, though.

LOL I must be in the "sloppy seconds" category when it comes to getting campaign offers. I just got the supplement one today probably because several of you already turned it down.

I got the supplement one the other day. All their campaigns lately have been pretty crappy and not free. I got an electric toothbrush from them awhile ago, but since then...

I haven't received anything for over a year now from them. Not even the free $200 remote. After 2 campaigns- which both were pretty much worthless, I told my mom to sign up.

Of course, she goes and gets the free remote and a bunch of other free stuff. But recently with the campaigns making you pay, neither of us have even bothered.

[quote name='kirby_fox']I haven't received anything for over a year now from them. Not even the free $200 remote. After 2 campaigns- which both were pretty much worthless, I told my mom to sign up.

Of course, she goes and gets the free remote and a bunch of other free stuff. But recently with the campaigns making you pay, neither of us have even bothered.[/quote]

From what I can tell the age and income demographic may have played a key role in the remote campaign selection. Did anyone under 25 get offered the remote?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Smucker's Uncrustables for early key access...and American Express Starwood Open Buisness Card...ugh.[/quote]
Lol my kid, and wife, love those little frozen sammaches.

Uggh, got the nutritional supplement campaign. It's hard to imagine a worse sounding campaign imo. They'd have to give me a free month, after which I was capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound, before I considered paying those prices for vitamins.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Smucker's Uncrustables for early key access...and American Express Starwood Open Buisness Card...ugh.[/QUOTE]Sadly, I had to think for a second if I wanted to use my key for the Uncrustables...I mean its the only thing they've offered in months that I would use.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']From what I can tell the age and income demographic may have played a key role in the remote campaign selection. Did anyone under 25 get offered the remote?[/quote]

Yes actually, I got the remote and I'm only 16 on the site. I have too accounts to see which one's go to which age groups and it seems fairly random.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']What does the Dodge Ram Campaign involve. I got an early invite but there are no details.[/quote]

I second this.

It almost looks like we just go to a website, browse it, and then tell friends about the all-new dodge ram.

Got the Dodge Ram too. I think it's just talking it up to your friend with a truck (based on a quick survey I took). Blah.

:rofl:

The Dodge Ram thing is a code for 1% below invoice when purchasing a new Ram truck...

There's also a code for someone else...

This has got to be the most expensive Bzz ever!!!

:rofl:

[quote name='manthing']:rofl:

The Dodge Ram thing is a code for 1% below invoice when purchasing a new Ram truck...

There's also a code for someone else...

This has got to be the most expensive Bzz ever!!!

:rofl:[/quote]
Bleh. I want the good old days of free thermoses (thermosi?) and even free milk. I haven't gotten (or even heard of) anything good in a very, very long time.

[quote name='LoganDX']definitely something I would not use...[/quote]
Same here. Especially not for that price.

I accepted the Dodge Ram just because I thought it'd be interesting. I'd never drive a truck under current economic conditions (don't need its uses either) but BzzAgent won't get any bzzing from me on this campaign...

Looks like I will turn down that Whirlpool one too.

There's been a rash of campaigns that you need to pay to opt-in... Code DNA, Whirlpool, GameWave, etc... it'll be a growing trend at BzzAgent where marketing companies are finished with giving away their products for free.

The last great thing I got from BzzAgent was the Sonicare toothbrush with UV Sanitizer (about $130). I still might choose a paid campaign if it's interesting enough for me.

Why did you decide not to join the Dodge Ram BzzCampaign?
Tell us!

Gas price hikes, bad economy, maybe you've heard of it? The only people who can justify such a gas hog right now are contractors or other professionals who need a strong, huge truck.

Auto manufacturers need to look at small, electric cars, or close their plants when the Japanese take over by offering what the American people REALLY want.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']What does the Dodge Ram Campaign involve. I got an early invite but there are no details.[/quote]

I did the Dodge Ram Campaign and if I remember correctly you get a Bzz Promo # I think that can get you special deals on a new Dodge Ram when presented at the dealership. Will update with more info later when I have the time.

Also I don't know if it was mentioned, but my wife got her BP BzzKit and she got a $50 Gas Card and five $5 Gas/Gift Cards for Bzzing. I was a little shock to see these, but after getting the Sonic Care Toothbrush most BzzCampaigns don't surprise me too much with what they come with.

The best ones I've gotten so far is the Logitech Harmony One remote (got it for free) and the FlyPen (had to pay $20 bucks). The FlyPen also came with unlimited downloads of all their software for the device. I got to play with it and it made a nice Christmas present for my daughter.

Lately the campaigns offered have blown... Yogart and vitamins. Nothing good lately:cry:

Dodge Ram Update:

Got the Bzz Kit for this yesterday.

Included were:

3x Truck shaped cutouts on HEAVY cardstock with a picture of the truck on thr front and truck facts on the back

2x Promotional brochures with postcards for more info

4x or 6x 'decoder' pieces to see if you've won something on a Dodge website

1x BzzKit with another decoder piece

1x Dodge ram logo sticker

All in all, I'm mad I accepted this campaign

I got an invite for some incense lamp... I know some potheads who might be interested... er... "alternative smokers."

Just got an invite for the Game Wave family gaming system campaign, basically a DVD player with 4 remotes to play simple family friendly games on. They ask for $49.95 to participate (console + 4 games). I'll pass.

i accepted the code nutrition DNA campaign. for vitamins created based on your DNA its actually a very good price. some generic animal pack vitamins go for more at GNC and there not as specific as code nutrition. i wouldnt recomend it if your not into taking vitamins and working out etc. there very good vitamins ive been using them for a week now and the best vitamins ive ever used.

i also accepted to dodge ram campaign only because i want the points or whatever its called so i can upgrade my Bzz level. i have no intrest in buying a new truck but i do enter to win the truck on the website they provided.

my sister was telling me they invited her to a campaign for some mp3 player charging thing for like 70 bucks, she declined. seems like the last 3 or 4 campaigns offered to me involve a "small fee" lets get back to free stuff

Surprise surprise. Just got an email for Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solution. No fees or anything this time! Let's see how this works out.

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']I don't get this place, how do you actually get stuff from them?[/QUOTE]

• Do all the profile quizzes/surveys.
  • Try to mess around in Frog pond.
  • Accept that the glory-days of free $200 remotes, for now, are gone.

I just got the Burts bee acne treatment in the mail. I have to say, there is a lot of it. About 20 sample packs and then a full size pack of both products. The smell is absolutely awful and I'm a bit afraid to test chemicals on my friends and families faces. But hey, it was free!

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']I don't get this place, how do you actually get stuff from them?[/QUOTE]

I got stuff mainly from doing the surveys they send (not the e-mailed ones that give you 50 MyPoints points). Also, the more campaigns and reviews that you do, the higher up you get in their Bee Status, which gives you something called "Early Invite" to their campaigns. They give you a quota as to what you need to complete to gain a "honeycomb" and raise your status as well as receive a "Golden Key."

What I've gotten, from awesome to meh:
Logitech Harmony One
Sonic Care toothbrush with UV thing
Canadian Club whisky kit
tons of Glade air freshener kits
Aveeno lotions and shampoos
Cover Girl makeup
Diet Mountain Dew
Boston Market stuff
Smuckers Uncrustables
AfrinSea nasal spray lol
Silk Soymilk

Lame campaigns were ones where they were asking you to pay for the product like an electric shaver and this Game Wave family gaming system or ones where you only advertise for them like the campaigns for Dodge Ram, Plum AmEx, and some hotel chain.

I recently got surveys for Warehouse Club memberships, frozen meals, and the Multiply site. Not looking good.

bread's done
Back