CAG 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme, Feedback are Live - EVERYTHING is Coming Back Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking sleek so far, but can't wait for that darker theme. In the mean time, two things I'm having problems with:

• Can't delete posts. I was trying to delete a post I have in one of the Master List threads in the trading forum, but the button is nowhere to be found. Is it not currently enabled,or is the date threshold not long enough in that forum?
  • Search bar doesn't change to search specific forum/topic. According to the help page, it's suppose to search according to where you are. At least for me it doesn't work that way, it searches the entire forum no matter where I am.
Also, I miss having that drop down bar in the top and bottom right that had a list of all forums and subforums. It was an easy way to hop between different forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's take a stab at being a broken record -- I've been told by several posters than the "dark theme" would be available tonight.

Is there better than a snowball's chance in Hell of this actually happening?

There was an announcement for, like, 2 weeks at the top of every forum that the site was being upgraded Sunday night.

Let's take a stab at being a broken record -- I've been told by several posters than the "dark theme" would be available tonight.

John (the programmer) said it would be earlier today. And has tweeted just a bit ago that there will probably be 30-40 minutes of down time after midnight EST.

So hopefully its available sometime tonight I guess.

Here's his twitter page: https://twitter.com/tiredjohn

It's not even midnight yet. And John is over in the UK, so he's probably just waking up (or pulling an all nighter). Patience.

I already miss the "top deals of the day" column. :whistle2:(
This and the CAG Crew's twitter feed. Hope they both make it back.

Otherwise, congrats on the upgrade. I know it was a TON of work. And just remember that Haters Gonna Hate; you should still be proud of CAG 3.0.

I already miss the "top deals of the day" column. :whistle2:(
This and the CAG Crew's twitter feed. Hope they both make it back.

Otherwise, congrats on the upgrade. I know it was a TON of work. And just remember that Haters Gonna Hate; you should still be proud of CAG 3.0.
Cheapy confirmed that both the hot deals and Twitter box will be coming back. As well as EVERYTHING from old CAG and more.

Yep, thanks for the font fix!

And for another positive comment during all the bitching, I love the notification feature!
I really like the notification feature, too, but I wish that it didn't give me a separate notification for every post in a thread. Is there a way for us to change it so that we just get one notification per thread instead of logging in to see 57 notifications, all for one thread? I've played around with the options some, but I can't figure out how to do this.

Feedback seems to be up -- I really like how this looks!

And for another positive comment during all the bitching, I love the notification feature!
I really like the notification feature, too, but I wish that it didn't give me a separate notification for every post in a thread. Is there a way for us to change it so that we just get one notification per thread instead of logging in to see 57 notifications, all for one thread? I've played around with the options some, but I can't figure out how to do this.

Off topic, but I love your avatar.

If you've been having font issues, clear your cache, refresh, and let me know if the problem is better, worse, or the same as before.
This is the first I've seen the site since the redesign, so I don't know what "before" looked like, but the font looks awful in Opera, especially when it's smaller (http://puu.sh/3a6te/2228174600.png). It looks better in Chrome/FF but I still wouldn't call it 'good'.

This is the first I've seen the site since the redesign, so I don't know what "before" looked like, but the font looks awful in Opera, especially when it's smaller (http://puu.sh/3a6te/2228174600.png). It looks better in Chrome/FF but I still wouldn't call it 'good'.
I'm on Opera as well, and it used to look like that for me. Clear your cache and try again... the font is much improved.

Off topic, but I love your avatar.
Thanks! I'm a huge fan of Fringe, so it seemed appropriate.

Hi John, 

How do we turn off Avatar images. Someone helped me turn off signatures already... One more to go for a clean professional look. Thanks in advance!

Full-width theme

I have a wide-screen monitor, and I would like to have a full-width theme.

Perhaps, make a copy of the current themes and then change the `max-width` declaration to this:

Code:
#content, .main_width {
    max-width: 95%;
}

Hi John,

How do we turn off Avatar images. Someone helped me turn off signatures already... One more to go for a clean professional look. Thanks in advance!
We'll have a way to do this shortly.
Awesome!! Thank you kindly.

Can you detail how it will be done now if you know. Through the profile or through a convoluted mouse over and click an "X" like the signature.
It'll be a one-click button when viewing a thread (but it applies to all threads, not just the one where you click the button.)

Hi John,

We'll have a way to do this shortly.
Awesome!! Thank you kindly.

Can you detail how it will be done now if you know. Through the profile or through a convoluted mouse over and click an "X" like the signature.
It'll be a one-click button when viewing a thread (but it applies to all threads, not just the one where you click the button.)
So mouse over an avatar and select an option?

Id also like to know if this is possible. Coming online to see I have 100+ notifications from the same thread is a bit much.

The dark style is now live, but like the light version it's very much a work in progress - just something to make the site more readable while I work on getting the rest of the site online. Click "change theme" at the bottom to switch. 

^ This ! time for different theme.. 

Profile looks clean and organized, slowly but surely this will be a great change :)

*update - my eyes !   I can see now !!  :applause:

At least this theme makes things bearable again. That said.

The theme doesn't seem to apply to the post box when you reply to a thread. Shiny white box in the midst of my beautiful darkness.

Also, font still funky even after cache clearing.

6Qp.jpg

Win 7 Ultimate / Chrome

It's like night and day! :lol:

So much better now.  I don't mind the post box as it's an offwhite and better for composing anyway.

The dark style is now live, but like the light version it's very much a work in progress - just something to make the site more readable while I work on getting the rest of the site online. Click "change theme" at the bottom to switch.
Much better. Thanks a bunch!

OMG, forum browsing is 100% more enjoyable now too.  Now all we need are better margins for higher resolutions and it will be perfect.

As a person who really does have a problem with light sensitivity/bright screens/etc, I have to thank you a million times over for the dark theme. The "light" theme was absolutely killing my eyes to the point where I would have to close all CAG tabs in my browser and go do other things for awhile every once in awhile, as opposed to the past where I'd have 1-3 tabs of various CAG things open at a time.

Thank you for the dark theme! I can (literally) see again!

The dark theme looks absolutely gorgeous and really showcases all of your hard work, John. Also, I am so happy to see the return of the latest post on the forum home. I hated the double column forum listings before. 

This site is well on its way to being incredible! Great work so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back