CAG 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme, Feedback are Live - EVERYTHING is Coming Back Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're using an uppercase Customspoiler there. When I tried it all lowercase it worked fine.
Huh, I didn't try that. I am trying it again here to see if it works.

[customspoiler='FAQ']

The inside of the spoiler.

[/customspoiler]

Edit: It just did the button. I really wish I could figure out what I am doing wrong.

Edit 2: Aha! I figured it out. I was putting the words on the next line. If you just put them on the same as the customspoiler it wraps it all in.

I.E.

[customspoiler='FAQ'] Here's the indside of the spoiler.

[/customspoiler]

Edit 3:

For more clarity, I was doing this. (Parenthesis are brackets)

(customspoiler='FAQ')

Inside of spoiler.

(/customspoiler)

When I should have been doing what I just did.

Thanks for your help! Glad I got it figured out!

Edit 4: Nope, maybe not. I still can't put paragraphs in customspoilers, just one line.
I'm having a very similar issue. Sometimes custom spoilers just plain don't want to work. It creates the button, but doesn't put the information you want spoilered behind the button.

Is the site going to be fixed? The formatting is completely broken with the site just being a mostly blank white page now.
Same here in Chrome and FireFox on Windows 7.

Looks fine in Safari on my iPad though. Check that. A forum front page was fine, but clicking a thread in iPad Safari generated the mostly white page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Groups are up. I am receiving an error when I try to utilize the full editor. 

"

Sorry, we couldn't find that!

[#103139]
You do not have permission to view this forum.

Need Help?

Post Data Saved!

The following post data has been saved. In some cases, using your browser's back button will empty out form fields which results in the loss of any typed and unsaved material. You may select all of the text area below and copy before hitting back.

"

This is what CAG looks like to me right now in Chrome:

tyler.jpg

Will groups have the ability to embed videos in posts? Also, will we be able to create polls inside of our groups? I can't currently create a new thread to check it out. I currently receive the same error message I posted above. 

Is the site going to be fixed? The formatting is completely broken with the site just being a mostly blank white page now.
Should be sorted now. CSS was corrupt on one of the web servers which caused some funkiness.
It's still the same 15 minutes later. Tried deleting cookies and nothing changed.
Same. Still broken and looking like the picture you posted. Dumped history, cookies, cache etc. and didn't help.

Seems good for me now too.

Well, looks fine.  Having issues when I hit a post it sits on the saving post animation and doesn't load, but if I refresh my reply shows up.  Has been doing that all day in various browsers.

Sorry about that. One benefit of this new forum software is that a lot of stuff gets cached and distributed across the servers, so it really helps out with performance. The downside is that if for some reason there's an issue with the cached content on one of the servers, tracking it down and fixing it can be a lot more hassle. 

Arg,wish I wouldn't have logged in while the "go to new post" button is broken :(.

Also, is there anyway to extend the amount of characters showed for the title of threads in the "new content" tab? I used to navigate the site by just selecting which forums I wanted to keep track of and then clicking the new posts button, but it feels like the thread titles used to be able to be much longer on the old board.

It would be nice to see the amount of characters shown for thread title be extended to match the amount of characters that are allowed to be in them, as the current extension is kind of a waste with the limit in place.

It would be nice to see the amount of characters shown for thread title be extended to match the amount of characters that are allowed to be in them, as the current extension is kind of a waste with the limit in place.
Indeed, not to mention in the new content view the thread titles will sometimes spill over onto a second line anyway due to enough characters being wider, so you'll have one full line, and then a second line with 3-8 characters and then "...", and then 30 lines of wasted blank space.

search thread on the list of things to do? or am I blind and it's already here?
I asked the same thing a bunch of days ago and got no response from anyone, so I'm guessing the "Advanced" searchbox options haven't gone live yet. Details are listed in the tutorial pointed to from the OP, btw.

This is where that whole "live list of updates" that's been suggested John's do might be nice. (On the flipside though, I can see where people would just start arguing for or against particular upcoming upgrades and thus muck up this thread in a totally diff't way.)

It's still taking between 10 and 15 seconds for posts to appear after I hit "Post."  Is it possible for this to be sped up?

You're using an uppercase Customspoiler there. When I tried it all lowercase it worked fine.
Huh, I didn't try that. I am trying it again here to see if it works.

[customspoiler='FAQ']

The inside of the spoiler.

[/customspoiler]

Edit: It just did the button. I really wish I could figure out what I am doing wrong.

Edit 2: Aha! I figured it out. I was putting the words on the next line. If you just put them on the same as the customspoiler it wraps it all in.

I.E.

[customspoiler='FAQ'] Here's the indside of the spoiler.

[/customspoiler]

Edit 3:

For more clarity, I was doing this. (Parenthesis are brackets)

(customspoiler='FAQ')

Inside of spoiler.

(/customspoiler)

When I should have been doing what I just did.

Thanks for your help! Glad I got it figured out!

Edit 4: Nope, maybe not. I still can't put paragraphs in customspoilers, just one line.
I'm having a very similar issue. Sometimes custom spoilers just plain don't want to work. It creates the button, but doesn't put the information you want spoilered behind the button.
Just saw this. I am glad I am not the only one having this problem. Hopefully, it resolves itself!

Since about 10 or so minutes prior to this post, I've been noticing about 2.5 screens of code before/above the website header.  Also website was down for a minute or so I think.

Hope forums settings such as # of posts displayed per page return soon.  Also would like to see star ratings aooear in the forum without having to go to the thread topic.

Since about 10 or so minutes prior to this post, I've been noticing about 2.5 screens of code before/above the website header. Also website was down for a minute or so I think.

Hope forums settings such as # of posts displayed per page return soon. Also would like to see star ratings aooear in the forum without having to go to the thread topic.
Yep, was making changes. Should all be fixed now.

My thread got deleted.

I guess no one has an idea as to why I can't type in the "Reply to this topic" field. A work-around seems to be to use the "More Reply Options" button.

I'm not sure if it's a bug, or just improperly labeled, but the go to first unread post button is broken for me. It simply takes me to the newest post bypassing others I haven't read. Would be nice to know if this is to be fixed or not.
It's not even showing up for me anymore. It was actually working splendidly, but now it's just gone.
This seems to be missing again.

fucking boss... finally removed the image limit on post... about fucking time.. Thanks Cheapy/John!! :D

Now I just wait for classic system icons (PS1, Saturn, SNES, etc.).

Hey, nicely done to add quick reply functionality on IE9! I didn't think that would ever get added.

Also, I'm sure it's been mentioned but is there any quicker way to see a member's PSN/XBL ID's other than clicking on their username?

Sigh, it's really getting frustrating coming here and trying to figure out what posts are new by manually clicking on them.  Stop breaking it dammit! ;)

Found a bug for you as well.  If someone quotes your text and it was completely spoilered, the notification breaks and fails to mention in what thread.  All you see is 'Person' quoted a post you made, and that's it.  You can still click the links and those work, but the thread title is absent.

I remember how in the past if you just posted a youtube link, it'll automatically embed itself into the post. One of my old threads still had that, but after I edited it, the embedded videos reverted back to just links. When's that feature coming back?

Is the game collection section up and running?  When I click on it, I get nothing.  Every time I go to a new site to monitor my game collection, some upgrade happens that kills it...it really sucks.

Geolocation is working again, if you've been seeing US prices but expected UK ones. As before, you can override your region selection by setting it manually in your profile. 

My thread got deleted.

I guess no one has an idea as to why I can't type in the "Reply to this topic" field. A work-around seems to be to use the "More Reply Options" button.
Problem seems to be IE8. I used google chrome and it allows me to type in the "Reply to this Topic" field. Strange since I'm pretty sure I use IE8 at home and I don't have problems.

I'm guessing Group Message to all members function is not fully functioning yet?

I sent one out yesterday in the afternoon, and it still seems to be sitting in queue.

Every time I post it gets stuck on saving post. It does go ahead and post it, but I need to refresh the page for it to go through on my end.

(And it did it on this one, too :3)

Geolocation is working again, if you've been seeing US prices but expected UK ones. As before, you can override your region selection by setting it manually in your profile.
Are we going to have a way to customize the number of posts displayed on each page? I would love to be able to change it back to how it was on the old CAG. I know everyone is bugging you guys about different features, but I don't know if this was an available setting before, so I have no idea if it's on the agenda.

1. Go to your notification settings.

2. In the drop-down that says "Immediate," select daily/weekly digest.

3. Scroll down and click save changes.

You can also browse the other options if you'd like to receive more email notifications as opposed to inline (the red blips that appear here).

Is there a setting to disable the display of inline images like there is for avatars and signatures?
Hmm, I don't think so - I'll see what I can do though.

Every time I post it gets stuck on saving post. It does go ahead and post it, but I need to refresh the page for it to go through on my end.

(And it did it on this one, too :3)
Yep, usually it takes around 10 seconds for the page to update. We're looking into it.

Are we going to have a way to customize the number of posts displayed on each page? I would love to be able to change it back to how it was on the old CAG. I know everyone is bugging you guys about different features, but I don't know if this was an available setting before, so I have no idea if it's on the agenda.
Added this as a profile field. You can now choose to view either 10, 25, 50 or 100 posts per page. (Edit your profile settings here.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back