CAG 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme, Feedback are Live - EVERYTHING is Coming Back Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what to call it, I think it's the wishlist or price tracker where you could pick games you want and set the price you wanted to pay.  Is that coming back?

That list is now ordered by popularity.
OK but to me that seems to be redundant since the video game deals forum would tend to reflect each deal's popularity with the number of posts in the thread, thus keeping it on the first page and near the top. If a response can be given to explain the advantages of the new listing format I'm open to being convinced.

I was wondering if there's a reason why links seem to break easily on CAG 3.0 when I don't recall them doing so on CAG 2.0. It happens often in the PSN Deals thread when I post links and only part of it up to the # in the link is hyperlinked and the rest is just plain text, so I have to break the link and make it a proper link manually whenever it happens.

For example:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/penny-arcade-adventures-otrspod-episodes-1-and-2/cid=UP4049-NPUB30212_00-PAAOTRSPODBUNDLE

The notifications (Messages and Notifications) ticker is still messed up.  There were no red numbers indicating I received new pms in my inbox (had 2).  Also notifications of someone quoting posts still doesn't occur all the time.

I was wondering if there's a reason why links seem to break easily on CAG 3.0 when I don't recall them doing so on CAG 2.0. It happens often in the PSN Deals thread when I post links and only part of it up to the # in the link is hyperlinked and the rest is just plain text, so I have to break the link and make it a proper link manually whenever it happens.

For example:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/penny-arcade-adventures-otrspod-episodes-1-and-2/cid=UP4049-NPUB30212_00-PAAOTRSPODBUNDLE
It's to do with the HTML parsing library that Invision uses. It'll be replaced (and hopefully fixed) in the next version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some major fixes went up to the backend which should let us make changes to the live site without everything breaking. (A problem which we've been having to work around so far.) Updates should be more frequent now. 

Sorry if it's been addressed already, I tried searching(kinda ironic, just wait) for an answer but didn't see anything tailored to my issue.

Is topic searching broken? I've been searching a topic for a specific game title, and generally, the most recent result I see is from July 12. There are numerous mentions of the game after that point.

I tried again this morning, since there were 3 mentions of it today, and it found 1 of them. The next most recent result is from July 12.

I've been searching dark souls, "Dark Souls", "dark souls", etc. in the Steam Group Buy thread

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/307615-steam-group-buy-and-gift-requests-thread-v2-read-rules-before-posting/page-228

Sorry if it's been addressed already, I tried searching(kinda ironic, just wait) for an answer but didn't see anything tailored to my issue.

Is topic searching broken? I've been searching a topic for a specific game title, and generally, the most recent result I see is from July 12. There are numerous mentions of the game after that point.

I tried again this morning, since there were 3 mentions of it today, and it found 1 of them. The next most recent result is from July 12.

I've been searching dark souls, "Dark Souls", "dark souls", etc. in the Steam Group Buy thread

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/307615-steam-group-buy-and-gift-requests-thread-v2-read-rules-before-posting/page-228
Often the problem will be that people list games like this:

-Dark Souls

Searching for "dark souls" won't match, because the preceding hyphen messes with the word match.

Often the problem will be that people list games like this:

-Dark Souls

Searching for "dark souls" won't match, because the preceding hyphen messes with the word match.
I tried that to see what would happen - "Your search for the term -dark souls returned 4 results." They were a repeating post from the same user over the last few days.

If I try just searching for souls, I received a couple more results, but the time frame still goes today to July 12. I found an entry from 8/16 listed as dark souls prepare to die edition that gets ignored every single search.

Hell, I even tried searching for exactly dark souls prepare to die edition and it skipped that entry, while showing entries from 8/17, 8/13, and 8/12.

How do you attach images now? I keep trying the
and I get an error message when I go to post one.

pxw6.png

I have been getting the above error intermittently the past few minutes on CAG.

Edit: Everything seems normal again now, maybe it was just a random traffic spike.

I have been getting the above error intermittently the past few minutes on CAG.

Edit: Everything seems normal again now, maybe it was just a random traffic spike.
I was getting something similar around 1am EDT(or maybe 2am). Not sure why that time would be more traffic.

So any mention on restoring additional comments for feedback? I mentioned this maybe twice in this thread.

Any updates on when the Product Finder will be up? Trying to add some games but can't find them in the collection list!
Search box at the top of the page, click on this topic and you can pick product to try and find it. If it's not there, I don't think there's a way to submit stuff to the database yet.

So, I want to add a goodreads (goodreads.com) widget in my signature to display my latest read books.

If I just copy and paste the code, nothing., if I try clicking on that Code box and paste it, all I get is ust the code.

How do I get the widget to display?

So, I want to add a goodreads (goodreads.com) widget in my signature to display my latest read books.

If I just copy and paste the code, nothing., if I try clicking on that Code <> box and paste it, all I get is ust the code.

How do I get the widget to display?
I don't believe you can use any HTML code in your signature. It would have to be bbcode like the forums.

What happened to the community tab at the top of CAG?

It took me like 5 minutes to figure out how to access the forums by section (without typing in /forums)

What happened to the community tab at the top of CAG?

It took me like 5 minutes to figure out how to access the forums by section (without typing in /forums)
Also missing that tab. I imagine that the forums have to be the most used portion of the site.

I end up scrolling all the way to the bottom now.

Made some changes to the community tab, it now works on mouseover rather than by clicking the little icon (which has now gone). 

Made some changes to the community tab, it now works on mouseover rather than by clicking the little icon (which has now gone).
I like the new change.

Any idea on this? It happens daily.

This happens more times than it works fine, but when I go to bump my sale thread the reply box doesn't appear. It's just a blank empty space. This even happened last night when I tried to reply to a PM.

OS X & Chrome, if that helps.

It happened again tonight, so I took a screen cap. I can't post because there isn't a box to type in.

x87q.png

I don't see any tab either. It must be broken because it can't be this difficult to find a major portion of the website.

I don't see any tab either. It must be broken because it can't be this difficult to find a major portion of the website.
Sometimes when we make changes to the site, those changes don't filter through to all the servers - one of the fun quirks of Invision. It should be fixed now.

I really hope you are doing more with the collection stuff.  I have over 800 games, and I was using CAG to manage my library, and now it's really difficult to do that.  I also don't like random ads inserted in the middle of the list, and I'm not the type of person who is normally bothered by ads.  I hope you reconsider, and move them off to the side and not in the middle of my list of games.  It's really confusing when I'm trying to look through my list.  I know you gotta get paid and all, and I'm all for helping you do that, but there has to be a better way.  

Navigating the collection has to improve too.  A to Z links would be a good start.  Also I missed it, when you first launched the new version, a lot of my games came up as not being there, or unidentified, did those get populated, or deleted?

They're not ads. It's a bug. 

Edit: (A bug which has just been fixed.)

Also, A-Z navigation is there - use the "starting with" filter on the right. 

The new drop down menus are a nice touch, though I think it needs to be adjusted a bit since it's way too easy to accidentally mouseover them and have these giant menus take over the screen that takes a lot longer than I'd like to disappear. Just messing with the tabs up top like in any modern browser and moving the mouse down to the page itself triggers them, so maybe requiring a click on "forums" and "moderation" to have that appear would be a better way to handle it or just requiring us to click on "community" or "games" to bring up the drop down menu would be better?

The new drop down menus are a nice touch, though I think it needs to be adjusted a bit since it's way too easy to accidentally mouseover them and have these giant menus take over the screen that takes a lot longer than I'd like to disappear. Just messing with the tabs up top like in any modern browser and moving the mouse down to the page itself triggers them, so maybe requiring a click on "forums" and "moderation" to have that appear would be a better way to handle it or just requiring us to click on "community" or "games" to bring up the drop down menu would be better?
I would love this to happen, the surprise expand on accidental mouse over annoys me to no end

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back