CAG 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme, Feedback are Live - EVERYTHING is Coming Back Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any particular reason why editing a post, clicking on the light switch to see the BB code, and then clicking on it again to return to WYSIWYG adds tons of spaces throughout a post? 

I've also noticed that trying to combine quote replies into one post results in the quote that is copied under another post has its original poster changed to what the first quote says, so I have to go back and grab the BB code version to paste into that other post for it to show up properly.

Is there an option to show a post's "likes" when logged in? It seems really odd that that's only visible to lurkers.

Is there an option to show a post's "likes" when logged in? It seems really odd that that's only visible to lurkers.
I never noticed that until now, since I always check CAG logged in. I don't know why the default setting (if there is a setting) is set to "Do Not Display Likes"

Having two styles caused a lot of issues maintaining the site, thanks to some of the caching issues we've been having. We're disabling the light style for the time being so we can get some shit done, but it'll be back as soon as it's feasible to do so.
Damn.

I was just coming here to ask this, and figured I'd check the previous pages.

Hope you can bring back the light style. I may be the ultimate minority on this, but I prefer the light style.

I love the "dynamic box-art shadow" pattern. Never saw that on a website before. Well done.

Don't forget that the Wikis are a must-have function.

Last edited by a moderator:
No sir, I run clean.

http://i.imgur.com/relDX6s.jpg

I was able to reply just fine a few days ago. This only started to happen today.
I know it's the thing everyone suggests and it's almost never the solution, but could you try a full cache/cookie clear? There's a chance you might have loaded a page while I was uploading changes, corrupting the JS for the editor. Seems unlikely but it's worth a try.

I get this error in the Web Dev console. It sounds like a cache issue like you suggest.

Code:
SCRIPT14: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

ckeditor.js?nck=3dd166d83264b9d7b7755bb8f6e4f420, line 13 character 427

I get this error in the Web Dev console. It sounds like a cache issue like you suggest.

SCRIPT14: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

ckeditor.js?nck=3dd166d83264b9d7b7755bb8f6e4f420, line 13 character 427
Made a change, clear cache and refresh.

Hi John,

Thanks for the new website design! I have been enjoying it since I joined.

I noticed I can't change the theme from black to white through the "change theme" button at the bottom. The only two options I have are CAG 3.0 desktop and mobile. I tried to disable Adblock but still no change. I tried Chrome and IE 9 and had the same result.

Below is some info may help.

Operating System
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

Browser

Firefox 25.0

Thanks in advance!

Hi John,

Thanks for the new website design! I have been enjoying it since I joined.

I noticed I can't change the theme from black to white through the "change theme" button at the bottom. The only two options I have are CAG 3.0 desktop and mobile. I tried to disable Adblock but still no change. I tried Chrome and IE 9 and had the same result.
They've changed it to black only for now.

He left a reply two pages ago. I came here for the same thing. Haha.

Thank God I'm not the only one who prefers the white. :p

They've changed it to black only for now.

He left a reply two pages ago. I came here for the same thing. Haha.

Thank God I'm not the only one who prefers the white. :p
Thanks for the head-up. I didn't follow the thread until I came across this.

I found the post about the theme color. Seems the light theme will be back after some fix-up.

I prefer the light theme because my eyes feel better when I switch tabs between CAG to Amazon to find deals. :mrgreen:

Am I the only one who misses the old appearance of default spoilers?  It was so much nicer when the tag just gave a simple spoiler button like this:
[customspoiler='Spoiler']blah blah blah[/customspoiler]

instead of this:
blah blah blah

I hate that we have to use a longer code to get rid of the unnecessary text.  Also, the custom spoiler still doesn't even work properly if you start it with a line break.

Agreed.  The new way looks unneccesarily busy.

Are we going to ever get the most recent forum posts back on the front page like we used to have?  We should at least have the option to customize that (and to get rid of the Twitter posts).

Am I the only one who misses the old appearance of default spoilers? It was so much nicer when the tag just gave a simple spoiler button like this:
[customspoiler='Spoiler']blah blah blah[/customspoiler]

instead of this:
blah blah blah

I hate that we have to use a longer code to get rid of the unnecessary text. Also, the custom spoiler still doesn't even work properly if you start it with a line break.
Yeah, I hate the default spoiler and always go for the custom one (even if I just make it say "spoiler"). I'm not sure it's something they can change though, since I believe the editor is just made that way. In regards to it not working right I've also had that happen, but usually if I switch to bbcode before posting it formats correctly. I've no idea why, but it's a temporary solution until they hopefully get that bug worked out (unless it's also something built into the editor) :whistle2:(

On my iPad running the desktop version of the site, at the very bottom, the three categories "Around CAG", "Community", and "Games and Products" are not lined up. "Games and Products" is significantly lower than the other two categories. Thanks.

Anyone know the settings to get notifications to work the way they did in the old version of CAG?  I'd like to be able to start liking topics without getting spammed with notification emails.  It seems like the "offline" option is what I should choose for my notification emails, but I'd like some confirmation.  Thanks.

Alright, I think "Community Modding" needs to be rename. The reason is several people have PM'd me thinking I'm an admin, and are in need of assistance. Obviously I can't do anything for them, so a more prominent list of Super Moderators (is there even a list?) and changing Top Mods to something less confusing seems in order.

.... and changing Top Mods to something less confusing seems in order.
It should be called Super Cool Guy title instead, so then you can be listed as "Super Cool Guy - All Time", of course then you would still get just as many PMs congratulating you.

I do agree though, calling the section "Wiki Moderation" or something like that would define it away from the actual forum moderators, would cause less confusion.

I miss topic icons. Now I actually have to read each listed thread's topic. I used to be able to just scroll until I saw the tiny Target logo icon.

First world problems eh? ;)

I don't see a way to look up a poster's post history.  Seems like we can only see the last 5 posts. 

It's handy because sometimes very active users will post links that I just can't get to at the moment on my desktop and by the time I get back to check, they've already made new posts pushing down the original post I wanted to find.

I don't see a way to look up a poster's post history. Seems like we can only see the last 5 posts.

It's handy because sometimes very active users will post links that I just can't get to at the moment on my desktop and by the time I get back to check, they've already made new posts pushing down the original post I wanted to find.
Go to 'Find content' by hovering over the username, or in the upper right area of the user's profile page. Then on the left side, 'See this member's' and finally 'Only posts.' Now if we could just as easily see banned member's posts (e.g. Pepsiman's alts), that would be great. :)

Add me to the list of people wanting this! I've been asking for months though, and while apparently it's in the pipeline, there hasn't been any more word than that.

Even better, add those names to the card when you hover over their avatar to see if their online

Can anyone please tell me if there's an option to get rid of the star that appears when I have posted in a thread? Without hiding the posts I have made in the thread that is.

thank you

I don't think there is a way of doing that.  Is there a particular reason why you don't want the stars to show up?  If it's because you don't want them showing up under Content You Follow anymore, you can unsubscribe from a thread by opening it and selecting "Unfollow this topic".  Or on the aforementioned Content You Follow page, you can click on "Change" next to a thread and choose from a set of different options.

It looks like the post editor now uses the dark theme compared to being white since CAG 3.0 launched. It's nice to see that happen, though now it just looks weird to me.

for some reason I don't get notifications anymore when someone likes and quotes my posts. I just checked my preferences and it is selected to be notified. Any ideas? sorry if this is not the right place to ask questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back